[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /r9k/ agree with this infographic? Are you successful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: success.jpg (71 KB, 750x749) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
71 KB, 750x749
Would /r9k/ agree with this infographic? Are you successful? Post in this thread.
>>
All but for unsuccessful people criticizing.
>>
>Would /r9k/ agree with this infographic?
No, it's Tumblr tier.
>>
>>26728553
^ Indeed
Constructive criticism is highly important.
>>
>>26727562
These are very mixed. They are probably more "right" if we were to change to "NICE PEOPLE" - "NOT NICE PEOPLE".

But the truth is, most of the things on the right are a huge part about being NORMAL. And this day and age, you don't get ahead by talent (unless you're ridiculously talented, way too exceptional). You get ahead by knowing the right people. And being normal is very important for that.

Left is more like the "ideal personslave - signed mr shekelstein".
>>
Plenty of successful people criticize and hold grudges. Some are some bitter fucks who hate everyone. There are people who makes loads of money at corporations that blame others for their failures.

This is a way to shame people who disagree with oh so special and unique bloggers on the internet.
>>
>>26727562
The only true part of this is that unsuccessful people fear change. The rest is just the difference between being a dick and being a decent person. Which can be success for some people.
>>
But I do everything from both sides. No one can be perfect and always be nice to others. And bitchy people can be succesful as well.
>>
Nah. Look at it. There are plenty of people who do all of the good stuff and still fail, and plenty of people who do all of the bad stuff and still succeed. This whole thing basically reads like what successful people want you to think that they're like. They're totally enlightened and perfect individuals who have no flaws and that is why god, in his infinite justness and wisdom, has afforded them shit tons of money and a hot supermodel gf.

Most of the time it comes down to a combination of luck, social contacts ("knowing the right people") and either being naturally talented or stubborn enough to work hard for the rest of your life in the hopes that you may one day hit the jackpot.
>>
>>26727562
Sucessful people talk to, with and about other people. Only autists prefer to keep discussions abstract.
>>
>>26727562
>DUDE TV IS BAD FOR YOU LMAO
Fuck off
>>
I made a list too

>Attractive people
>agree with me

>Ugly people
>Disagree with me
>>
>>26727562
Some of the wealthiest, most successful people in the world are completely incapable of dealing with change, are total cunts to absolutely eveyone and hold serious grudges against those that wronged them. They also delegate everything and blame it all on those beneath them.

REAL WORLD, bitch.
>>
>>26727562
Success has more to do with what you are willing to give in than let's say, if you are nice person, because you can always act nice but it is harder the other way around. I would even say that people with shallow empathy are more fit for business success.

e,g, I'm stuck with sticking a thumb up my asshole and seek for consolation or a sense of belonging in a chinese cartoon forum while I could have actually spent that time actually dealing with my problems. But why don't I deal with my problems? Probably because I don't want to deal with them hard enough.
>>
>>26728882
>are completely incapable of dealing with change

that's how you become obsolete, try again
>>
>>26727562
Succesfull people are
1. Lucky
2. Usually hardworking

That's it, some people have been at the right place at the right time, but for them to be at that place they have to work their way up to that place.

There is no big thing to it, I like the feelgood vibe this picture is giving but it's not the way to be finacialy succesfull, if you are talking about feeling great about yourself or living a proper life that is very subjective and I don't think that can be difined by a picture.
>>
True successful people are more often than not manipulative shrewd narcissists who have the ability to turn empathy on and on off when it suits them

there's a reason most wealthy people are complete cunts.
>>
>>26727562
I read everyday and I'm an unsuccessful NEET shut in. It's wrong right off the bat.
>>
>>26727562
>Compliment
only a idiot who has no idea about the topic will ''compliment'' on something, a successfull person will provide constructive critisim.

>Embrace Change
One of the most important traits of being a good bussinessman is being very stalwart in your ideas(and prices!) so that you can force yourself onto your rivals.

>Hold a grudge
Hating someone(or plural) with a passion will usually give you the drive to become succesfull.

Tumblr tier leftist shit tbqh
>>
>>26728908
They resist change and have the wealth and influence to stop it.

Civilisation would be much further along if they didn't fear change.
>>
>>26728553
>>26728593
I think you guys are misinterpreting what it means by criticism. I think it means more like saying things to hurt people rather than help people.
>>
This is just bullshit, file under "normie advice"

Truly engaging reality involves zero, reductionist duality systems, which this poster is.
>>
>>26727562
I never see successful people post self-help bullshit on their facebook feed.

>never criticize
>talk about people
>blame others for failures
What if someone has made a mistake? What if you do need to talk about people? The point is not to leap to conclusions and do so wrongly, not to never do it at all.

>accept responsibility for their failures
If you admit failure normies won't be amiable and say "ok, thankyou for being honest, you made a mistake, learn from it and move on", they will see it as a sign of weakness, you will become "the other", in their minds you will become a comical character who they should ostracize and be prejudiced against.
>>
File: smiley-face-t-shirt-1.jpg (30 KB, 240x269) Image search: [Google]
smiley-face-t-shirt-1.jpg
30 KB, 240x269
>>26728980
>complains about tumblr leftist shit
>uses tumblr leftist speak
You're not fooling anybody
>>
It's pretty inaccurate.

Criticism, hating change, talking about people, knowing it all, never admitting defeat and especially holding a grudge are essential.

Watching TV is just a distractor. If you don't do it it probably just means your poor. I don't really set out to watch shows but the office and other places usually have one on the local news or weather channel. Likewise reading every day has little to do with success. Even poor people read every day. It doesn't mean shit besides literacy.
>>
>>26729010
Ever seen the way successful people treat their underlings? How they treat those they consider beneath them? How they treat the interns, who they work for free like slaves in addition to completely shitting on them.

You don't get to the high places in society by being nice to people.
>>
File: freeformjazz.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
freeformjazz.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Once again, success is an idea which is defined personally, Society gives us this idea that success is money, healthy body and social life etc... usually because they are directly associated with happiness but someone can be equally happy with themselves watching TV all day and jacking off all day while criticizing others, I wouldn't be, but people are individual at the end of the day.

I'd say success is just achieving a goal you truly desire, whether it be financial, physical, or metaphysical. The objective thing such as finance would probably be easier to achieve by "reading every day, embracing change accept responsibility" but things that are more or entirely subjective don't have to define success by these arbitrary rules we have created and spread around the internet. Just do whatever works for you.
>>
>>26729010

It says criticism, if it meant what you said then it would say +uses trigger warnings vs -doesn't use trigger warnings.

Its actually nice guys vs shitlords.
>>
>>26729149
pretty much

bill Gates has done a lot in the past decade to turn his public image around, and that's good, but the fact is he was a completely ruthless cunt to get to where he is.

everyone under the age of 20 doesn't seem to realize this because they were too young at the time.
>>
>>26729239
>Bill Gates is a dick
Redpill pls?
>>
>>26727562
it needs a peer reviewed source
>>
>>26728963
this, what that propaganda image labels as good people are what nietzsche called slaves, only entitled, selfish, manipulative narcissists that trample over others in insidious ways have any power over the world
>>
>>26727562
>Are you successful?
By whose standards? The person who made this infographic? Fuck that guy, the only person to decide whether our life is successful is ourselves.

As the sunscreen song goes: "The race is long, but in the end it's only with yourself."
>>
>>26729274
go read about abusive Microsoft practices, and then go watch bill Gates deposition on YouTube. he's a smug prick

Microsoft was sued by the government in the 90s for monopolistic abusive practices
>>
>>26729274

He was a better business man and then when apple went bankrupt he gave jobs a lot of money to make the I'm a pc I'm a mac commercials.

He's such an asshole that he helps out competition because he wanted to maintain diversity in OSs.
>>
>>26727562
Successful person here and I
>Watch TV Every Day
>Criticize
>Hold Grudges
>Talk about people
>Blame others for their failures (unless we're talking about my own failures, which don't exist)

The only thing I do on the 'successful' column is
>Continuously learn
>Talk about ideas
>Read every day
>>
It's pretty hard to be the left side when you had shitty parents and a mentally ill single mother. I do try though.
>>
>>26727562
>Unsuccessful people think they know it all.
So the image was made by someone unsuccessful?
>>
Yeah seems true if we just consider what's presented.
Obviously not all is required to be categorized.
>>
>>26727562
I feel it's a bit bigger than that.
It's ok to criticize it's not ok when that's all you can do
When all you can do is gripe then you just become a little bitch
Same with holding a grudge, nothing wrong disliking a bad person or not trusting them, but you hit lines of understanding when someone is human.
Friend screws up all the time and hurts you because he chases pussy all the time? Won't change either? Yeah time to move away and find new friends.
Friend fucks up once and hurts you because he ditch you one time for that girl he like? Feels bad and ask for forgiveness? You need to say your peace and mend things, not go full reee and burn them off because hormones messed with him.

I guess I'm just say this list is to dogmatic to help someone understand the message
>>
>>26729320
>he wanted to maintain diversity in OSs.
More like he didn't want to be sued for monopoly and risk the government forcing his business to break up.
>>
>>26729010
Generally when normies refer to criticism they're not talking about constructive criticism.
I think we all consider both forms of criticism when we hear it.
>>
>>26729449
Never mind. Looking at the thread nobody here has a clue.
>>
>>26727562
I hate the "don't hold a grudge" meme. It just lets assholes get away with shit. People should burn for their transgressions.
>>
>>26727562
That image is complete bullshit. People who have a grudge and are properly motivated usually succeed in their goals.
>>
>>26729584
see: ghengis khan
>>
>>26729338
>Blames others for their failures
>>
File: Mein Fürher! I can walk!.gif (586 KB, 362x199) Image search: [Google]
Mein Fürher! I can walk!.gif
586 KB, 362x199
well i might be in the running for assistant manager at my work. sure the pay doesn't improve much and i do slightly more hours. but at least it's a stable job, potentially huge career pathways could open up and i get at least one day off during the week with alternating weekends included. a lot better deal than i have now.

also with this stability and guaranteed increased annual pay, i'll finally be able to take out a loan and put down a deposit on a rental/investment property. i already have enough to put down a deposit for a loan, but the banks wants me to have a higher annual salary before they give me anything.
>>
>>26728611
>You get ahead by knowing the right people

I suppose it was always like this anon
>>
>>26727562
"Yes, the successful are flawless people with no fault at all. They're all loving, caring, super forgiving and literally Jesus."
t. Someone unsuccessful
I've been pretty successful, and I'm not really the best example of kind hearted fuzzy feelings person. Pride and ambition are very important if you EVER want to get somewhere that isn't being stuck in a dead end job.
>>
>>26729690
mate got a job by simply having his mum know the regional manager at my work. he ended up quiting though cause he was literally treated like shit there.

but he still got a fucking call from the regional guy asking why he left and tried to get him to come back with a position of trainee manager and the dickhead still turned him down.
>>
>>26727562
this would be more accurate if you change it to men vs women
>>
The left seems to describe a good worker drone more than anything
>>
>>26729854
would you say that person is also a.... good goyim? I would
>>
>>26727562
im all in the green list except for be complimented, im poor shitskin, soon homeless and khv
fuck.
>>
File: men vs women.png (738 KB, 900x1070) Image search: [Google]
men vs women.png
738 KB, 900x1070
>>26729827
good idea, i knew something was missing
>>
>>26729827
>>26729972

Kek, it fucking fits so well too
>>
>>26727562
More accurately:

>Successful people
When they fail, they try again.
>Unsuccessful people
When they fail, they stop.
>>
>>26727562
>Unsuccessful people talk about people
>Make infograph about people
Is this a loophole?
>>
>>26727562

What if the change is bad?
>>
File: GetOutFaggot.png (382 KB, 537x718) Image search: [Google]
GetOutFaggot.png
382 KB, 537x718
>>26727562
success != money, wife, kids, job, house, car, social status

fuck off blue-pilled normie
>>
>>26727562
>reasonable
>constructive criticisms are better than blind positive reinforcement, fuck off with this feel-good bullshit
>Change is often bad, a successful person would EVALUATE THE SITUATION and then make a decision to agree or disagree, rather than embrace or fear it from the start.
>To a point, but successful people arent fucking pushovers either.
>Reasonable
>reasonable
>reasonable
>>
>>26730014
change is always good as long as it is the current year
>>
>>26727562
>talk about ideas

that's what we do here most of the time and we are considered failures
>>
>>26729972
>Have a sense of gratitude
>Set goals and develop life plans
>/r9k/
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.