[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't fat people just eat less? Any fat people here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12
File: 1453485246823.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
1453485246823.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
Why don't fat people just eat less?

Any fat people here who can explain this to me?
>>
Because they're addicted to food.

It's like heroine to them.
>>
>>26716240
I'm also confused.
They could also exercise.
Like, how hard is it to go to the gym or at least dance at home?
>>
>>26716240

Poor levels of self-control.

I know I shouldn't eat anything else after I've hit the calorie limit, but that doesn't stop me from adding extra cheese and scoffing biscuits after dinner.
>>
>>26716240
This.

Before any excuses are thrown, I watch you fucks stuff your faces everyday. You're not getting any lighter eating fast food.
>>
>>26716240
Thing is, a lot of poor people are fat. So you think "eat less fatass" thing is, cheap food is full of garbage and most fruit and veg lasts less than a week. So they eat prepackaged garbage and we're surprised by why they're fatasses.
>>
Same reason people on /r9k/ don't try to improve their lives

>>26716258
Exercise is basically useless if you eat like a pig
>>
>>26716240

Honestly, all it takes is walking a few miles here and there to see results. Make a conscience choice to eat a sandwich instead of a McDo Big Mac and XL Fries. I cut out soda completely and shed pounds.
>>
>>26716261
But couldn't you just buy less food? It's probably easier to control yourself if you just limit your supply while at the store, right?

>>26716271
I eat pretty unhealthy foods, I just don't eat very much of them at once, why can't fats do that?
>>
>>26716271
Then eat less cheap food?

It saves money and calories. You're not going to die from only eating 1600 calories of junk instead of 3000.
>>
>>26716280
I could work out (which is pointless because I'm in shape) and socialize more, but I'll still be ugly as fuck. To throw myself out there, there needs to be somebody who catches my eye in this fatty state I live in.
>>
>>26716280
Then eat less and exercise more
>>
>>26716263
It's all about calories, you have to watch your portion size. How much do you think Hunter gathers used to eat?
A few berries? A deer if they're luck. Most likely fish. Couldn't catch anything most days if assume.
>>
>>26716302
They dont have self control, they arent educated on nutrition. You really think poor people are smart as well? they just eat fucking hungryman dinners cause they're cheap as fuck but full of fat and sodium and make them feel full.
>>
>>26716317
My point is that "eat less" is 99% of the solution. Exercise is good for being healthier, but it won't consume the amount of calories fatties need to drop.
>>
>>26716261
> but that doesn't stop me from adding extra cheese

oh my fucking gud are you being serious rn?
like how can you not stop yourself from adding extra cheese? EXTRA CHEESE ?!?! you're that fucking compelled to add more cheese on top of the already existing cheese?! i cant beliebe im soo fucking infuriated by this lol
i hope you starve to death.
>>
>>26716299

My family buys food for me, so it's the general stock that I raid. I don't eat a vast amount to the point where they'd want me to stop or would really think "he's eating us out of house and home" but due to being a manlet I only need 2000 to maintain my bulk, which is easy as fuck to do. If I didn't pay any attention I'd go far over most days, as I can eat a 2000 cal pack of M&M's in one sitting and still feel hungry afterwards. I'm making progress in not gaining, but of course, not getting fatter is only one step there.
>>
>>26716387

But m80, cheese and beans is so damn delicious, and adding more cheese just makes it even more so.
>>
Fatass here, I eat out of impulse. Then I thought "what if I just dropped eating certain foods entirely out of impulse?"

It worked. I've lost close to 100lbs in a year and I can still eat the foods I love most
>>
Because eating feels good. Every bite you gulp down is like ejaculating a thousand times.
>>
File: 1446489849683.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1446489849683.png
688 KB, 460x628
>>26716252
This. It's a personality defect so naturally they are in denial. Watch supersize vs. superskinny to get an idea of what these lardos are actually eating daily.
>>
>>26716240
Food brings comfort.
>>
I eat because it's all I have.
>>
>implying fatties want to be thin
fuck it senpai eating is fun
>>
I've been fat my whole life and never got used to eating normal portions.

"Don't eat garbage" isn't a solution. I don't drink soda and I almost never eat fast food, I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits and other healthy things. It's a matter of volume.

I have successfully dieted before and lost a lot of weight, but that takes willpower and I'm depressed.
>>
Why don't lonely people just talk to girls and make friends?

Any foreveralones here who can explain this to me?
>>
>>26716240
Nobody ever loved me. I don't have friends. I never drank acohol, smoked or did any drugs.

The only things I can look forward to is some vidya and eating myself to death.

When you stuff yoursef until you can't eat anymore is feels bad but at least it numbs the pain of living.
>>
>>26716567

It's infinitely easier to NOT do something than it is to do something.
>>
>>26716240
>why don't junkies just shoot less?
>why don't smokers just stop?
It's the same premise as being a poor nigger. No matter how much a nigger wants money, he wants to be slothful more.
>>
They either don't care or are complete retards who have no self control.
>>
>>26716641

Eating healthy is doing something. It may seem easy to somebody who has done it their whole life but it's incredibly difficult if you have been overweight your whole life, just like how it's effortless for some people to get girlfriends and make friends while others are 30+ friendless KVs who are incapable of social interaction.
>>
>>26716240
Addiction.

Also some people use it as a coping mechanism, so when faced with the choice, they often panic and eat and feel bad about it later.
>>
>>26716641
Maybe you should just go ahead and stop breathing for a bit
>>
>>26716692
Not a very good analogy senpai. You need to breathe to live. You don't need to overeat to live.

>>26716666
>implying eating less causes withdrawal symptoms
>>
File: 1440396626809.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440396626809.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>26716240
I feel empty. So I fill myself.
That's all it really comes down to.
>>
why not just do heroine?
>kills your robot troubles
>lose weight fast
you are already addicted to food, you are just swapping one addiction for the other temporarily

im honestly less disgusted by dopefiends than fat people tbqh
>>
>>26716591
>eating myself to death.
drugs would be a lot healthier. more enjoyable too.
>>
>>26716699
>>26716692
Oh, maybe you were telling him to kill himself rather than suggesting not breathing as an equivalent to eating less. My bad.
>>
>>26716252

They are never addicted to eating salad
>>
File: 1450812106813.png (118 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1450812106813.png
118 KB, 500x482
I eat shitty junk food and chocolate all day, and I still don't ever hit my calorie limit

It's physically and mentally painful to over-eat
>>
>>26716742

Because taste plays a part in addiction. Most flavor is some combination of fat, salt and sugar - all unhealthy in large amounts. Food companies employ food scientists to create food that is addictive as possible.
>>
>>26716240
Was 300lbs
Ate less
Lost 130lbs in a little over a year

Fatties got no excuse can confirm
>>
>>26716240

Why don't all these 'depressed' and 'socially stunted' people on /r9k/ just go outside and start talking to people and the 'normies' they dislike.

Just be yourself :).
>>
>>26716496
It's just a choice between eating something more tasty for a few minutes and not being a disgusting unhealthy pig.

BTW when you change your eating habits, your tastes will likely adapt. I used to drink sodas, greasy unhealthy fast food and shit. Now I have a healthy balanced diet and I actually prefer it once I got used to it.
>>
>>26716699
>>implying eating less causes withdrawal symptoms
>doesn't know what sugar does
>doesn't know what fat does
But yeah. If you've ever been fat, you'd know that when you eat less, it gives you a bit of a bellyache because of an empty belly. And yes, for them it feels like an empty belly because their bellies are really stretched.
>>
File: jebediah.png (33 KB, 108x285) Image search: [Google]
jebediah.png
33 KB, 108x285
>>26716773
Eating LESS is key
You don't have to eat healthy, just less and less. Lower your perceived required intake. Being slightly hungry isn't bad, but what most people do is fucking starve themselves, and guilt trip themselves when they ultimately binge on shitloads of food
>>
>>26716800
Normies are too irrational to feel comfortable around for me
Not enough direction, not enough suppression of flawed emotion, but also a strong aversion to being vulnerable or malleable by their environment.

I love intelligent normies, but by that point they wouldn't even be considered "normal"
>>
>>26716641
This so much. Eating is such a hazzle. You have to buy food, then prepare it, then eat it, then clean the dishes. I can't bring myself to do that more than twice a day, and one of those times is cereal.
>>
>>26716806
>And yes, for them it feels like an empty belly because their bellies are really stretched.
Damn, is that real? I'd love to read some information about it if you know a source.

What about those skinny competitive eaters? I imagine they stretch their stomachs a fuckton, do they just have crazy self-control to resist filling their empty, stretched bellies?
>>
>>26716844
>but also a strong aversion to being vulnerable or malleable by their environment.
I should point out that they are malleable in almost all the wrong ways.
"Oh this feels good, so it must be good!"
"Chad looks nice, so he must be trustworthy!"
"Oh someone did something nice for me; they're a good person!"
>>
>>26716690
OP never used the word "healthy".
Eating LESS is a very simple concept.
>>
>>26716240
For the same reason most of us can't stop fapping
>>
Honestly, habits are really hard to break especially if they have been inculcated for a very long time. I recall reading about a man who had his parts of his brain removed because of some disease and lost his ability to remember things, but not doing habitual activities. It,s been a while since I read The Power of Habit so I can't remember anything more than that.
>>
>>26716240
And less sugar!
>>
>>26716765
How old are you? I used to be like this until I was ~23. Then I started gaining weight fast. I guess I stopped growing.
I cut out sodas, started eating less and got my weight back. Was quite easy desu, but it was only 8kg
>>
>>26716800
>being this retarded
Autists on r9k don't know how to socialize. It's difficult to learn if you don't just "get it".
However eating less is very easy. Unless you are actually retarded, you know how to do that. You just consume less food than you used to.

So that's why, you fucking clown
>>
>>26716258
You don't burn off very many calories doing exercise even if you do alot. Eating less is the only way for someone to substantially lose weight.
>>
>>26716891
Fapping doesn't make you fat or ugly or unhealthy. It's a fair comparison in terms of temptation, but in terms of motivation it's a completely different league.
>>
>>26716959
Eating normal portions and exercising is a faster wat of losing weight tho
>>
They eat a lot more on a regular basis and their body adapts to that. They're stomachs stretch and gradually become larger than the stomach of a normal person, which causes them to need more food in order to feel full. A lot of it has to do with psychological addiction as well.
>>
>>26716742
Well of course they're not, salad doesn't make their blood sugar concentrations sky rocket and set off their reward center dopamine release.
>>
this desu, also in denial of what they eat. Lots of times they claim to eat barely anything but are in fact shoveling lots in their mouth hole
>>
File: UQiInbt.gif (1 MB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
UQiInbt.gif
1 MB, 500x331
>>26716956

>falling this easily for bait.

And you have the gall to call others retarded, newfag?
>>
>>26716877
Nah, but it sure feels like it when you've been fat for a while. Your body gets used to the extra nutrients and just instinctively stockpiles.
>>
>>26717043
lololololo i tr0ll y00 XD XD

thank you for your valuable contribution
>>
>>26716851

>twice a day
>once cereal

Holy shit I am literally you and who you are replying to.
>>
>>26717028

well why arent they addicted to exercise if that happens or fruit
>>
>>26716974
Eating is also a pleasure to them. And I'm sure you've also noticed fat people are the only one that don't see anything wrong with being a fatass
>>
>>26716727
Maybe but I'm too shy to do anything remotely illegal and terrified of losing control.
>>
They are addicted to high fructose corn syrup.
>>
>>26716240
Former fatty here, 306 at my heaviest, 228lbs right now.

People are fat because the food industry has tricked them into eat less/exercise more meme.

They had to do the same thing the Tobacco Industry did at one point. Tobacco Industry predicted this. They made an emphasis on personal freedom of choice. The ability to make the decision freely and be responsible for it. Americans eat that shit up more than any other nation on earth.

Here's the problem with that meme. Once upon a time there was initiative to get fat out of foods. It was believed that fats are bad for you. Which, natural fat isn't. Once the industry had done away with fat, they had to derive the flavor elsewhere. Sugar was/is the perfect source.

Any of those "xD LESS FAT" products are gimmicks. Yes they have less fat, but they're pumped full of sugar. Which your pancreases doesn't know what to do with except to turn straight into fat.

So now, we have people genuinely trying to lose weight by eating less of these carb/sugar foods. Why can't they just eat less? Well, why can't a heroin addict get less addicted to heroin? Both of these subjects' brains look exactly the same. They have a rewired reward system. A person can't function without setting it off at least a couple of times a day. There are healthy reward system triggers and unhealthy ones. But it's something that makes you feel good and is essential to human life.

They can't regulate their food intake the same way a heroin addict can't moderate his opiate intake. When you look at both of their brains, they look exactly the same. Their reward center was rewired and now feeds itself on the given substance. A person can't live without triggering their reward system daily. Just like a heroin user falls into the bitter worthlessness when he's out of heroin and becomes mega-depressed(I'm not talking withdrawal, an opiate addict will know what I'm talking about) so does a food addict. He simply loses his ability to function.
>>
>>26717450
How do you fix this?

Let's start with this, 100 calories from a Snickers bar isn't the same as 100 calories from an apple. One provides an instantaneous sugar release and creates that addiction/reward center revision. The other one has sugar wrapped into liquid and fiber. There's no instant release with the apple, your body has to actually use some energy before it gets to the sugar part. You won't become addicted to it because it doesn't equate to eating Crack Cocaine. Your Glycemic index doesn't sky rocket with the apple/banana/strawberry. You can observe this with fatties, they don't want to eat a delicious, juicy apple. They want a Snickers.

Stop the illusion of you eating your shitfood yet counting calories and losing weight. Yes you can achieve this, but it's torture. The fact that you're still fat proves it. Not only is it torture, it's dumb. You're eating things that still get turned into fat. If you succeed at moderating your intake, less will be turned into fat and you'll start losing weight but slowly.

You can lose weight faster than that and you don't have to exercise. Cut out all sugars/carbs, wheat and yeast out of your diet. Your body will crave sugar badly during the first couple of days. You can supplement it with fruit. As much as you want until that sugar craving settles down a bit. Once settled, you can casually eat fruit. Though, if you want to shed pounds, cut fruit out as well.

The Food Industry is a genius, though. They donate a ton of money to schools, which allows them to have a big impact on curriculum and what is being taught. They have billions of dollar to lobby to government into making laws that allow to make more of those billions. They have the power to teach people their own version of health. There are many of those who truly believe into the calories in/out logic. It is very possible to lose weight like, but most fatties will fail. Once they fail, they'll blame it on themselves and eat even more than before.
>>
>>26717450
>>26717590

Damn.

Heavy shit, man.
>>
>>26717450
>>26717590
How do i eat healthy but in budget way? I'm a poorfag and eating healthy requires finances.
>>
File: 1429387843956.jpg (10 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1429387843956.jpg
10 KB, 244x250
>>26717450
>306 at my heaviest
>228 now
>former fatty
>former
>>
I'm skinny fat. Will eating less and running until I feel like I should stop make me weigh less
>>
File: 1452096799947.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1452096799947.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>26716240
Ex-fat here. When your used to eating a lot you get hungrier more easily and you get full less often. When i started eating less it was rough, but now my apetite is a lot smaller and i get full from less food.
>>
>>26717450

I just got down to 230 from 260

I am still morbidly obese

I need to lose at least another 40lbs to be considered a former fatty

you are still morbidly obese friendo
>>
File: pepe-smugcornx.png (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pepe-smugcornx.png
26 KB, 200x200
>mfw so skinny normies are pestering me to eat more

I can't afford to eat more you rich fucks
>>
File: 1454913022071.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
1454913022071.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
>live with mommy
>she only buys gross foods
>now i'm 135lbs at 6'1"
>>
I replaced eating with smoking, probably not the best method of losing weight but it's working, lost 2st 8lbs in about 6 months or so

As for why I didn't just eat less in the first place, I have shit self control because I was always allowed to eat what I wanted as a kid so I never learnt it at an early age
>>
File: 1451545618629.jpg (40 KB, 539x375) Image search: [Google]
1451545618629.jpg
40 KB, 539x375
anyone else get even madder at skinny people where they all act like they have some special one in a million condition and can't gain weight?
>>
>>26716240
I dunno, I don't think I eat that much.

Two scones and unsweetened tea for breakfast. Usually something like a bowl of soup at 200 calories or some ravioli for 300 for lunch. Dinner is usually something like salmon or a bacon-wrapped little round steak or a pack of sushi from the grocery store.

Calorie-filled drinks are where I go awry. I got some high pulp orange juice and forgot how delicious it was. The potassium content always makes me feel great too.
>>
>>26716240
I'm on the other end of the spectrum, diagnosed anorexic, I eat one meal a day, and usually only 5 times a week. No snacks, no breakfast, no lunch, one usually smallish dinner. The dinner I eat is usually a lot of processed fat and garbage which is great for energy, and as I am relatively /fit/ day to day (Walk about 9 miles a day) I stay very very thin.

People tell me to eat more, and I ask them why. I don't enjoy eating, it's a waste of time, if I could take a pill that gave me everything I needed I gladly would.
>>
>>26716240
Fat anon here. I put on a fuckton of weight when I was unemployed and going through a low patch. Mainly comfort eating desu. I've been slowly *very slowly* losing over the last year or so since I started working again but it's not very quick. Part of the reason is because I'm too fucking tired after work to exercise and also I eat fuck all in the day but at night I smoke weed, get munchies and eat too much. So yeah, need to quit the weed and exercise more.
>>
Why don't fat people just admit that they're gluttons and that they enjoy it? Stop making fucking excuses, porky.
>>
>tfw lost 50 lbs in 3 months by eating 2 chicken breasts and 2 cups of rice a day
this shit isnt even hard
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.