[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oi m8s. Can someone kindly give me their opinion on this painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: _20160223_171935.jpg (624 KB, 1860x2098) Image search: [Google]
_20160223_171935.jpg
624 KB, 1860x2098
Oi m8s. Can someone kindly give me their opinion on this painting I made?
>>
i like it but i'm a tasteless furfag
>>
The concept looks like it's probably interesting but I can't quite tell what he's doing with the spots because you need to work on form.
>>
>>26703921

Thanks, regardless of your fetishes, as long as someone likes it that's all that counts
>>
>>26703890
I like it because I used to made up with my brother "cat person" which it' like what you did.
>>
>>26703975

Hes a leapord peeling of his spots like the antithesis of the idiom that a leapord never changes spots, but that's ludicrous since life is all about perpetual change.

Hes yanking off a spot. The spots on the table represent the ones he's already took off
>>
Looks like a 10tg grader made it desu
>>
>>26703890
Find some online art courses, immerse yourself in them and don't come back until you've gotten critique from a professional.
>>
File: IMG_20160208_140146.jpg (259 KB, 1097x1425) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160208_140146.jpg
259 KB, 1097x1425
>>26704003

Thanks a lot
^.^

This is a vaporware inspired piece I made recently
>>
>>26703890
it's bizarre and I quite like it

>>26704051
I didn't even notice that until you said. The surrealism of a leopard at a bar was enough
>>
>>26703890
i don't like to look at it, i find humans with animal heads disturbing
>>
>>26703890
if i buy all your paintings. can you go insane. killing someone would be a bonus and eventually yourself
>>
>>26704061
Fucking this.

Go to Craftsy.com and find a painting course there. There's a whole bunch of them there.
>>
>>26704051
>Hes yanking off a spot.
then you should draw the skin of the arm being pulled up with the spot somewhat.
Otherwise he could be finishing up after putting all the new spots on.
>>
>>26704159

Thanks. The quality of my phone camera can't capture the brightness or the full coloring of it all which would throw someone off and critique it for as is as opposed to content of the painting.

I'm still conflicted whether or not to strive for hyper realism which would take another 10 hours or leave it surreal the way it is.
>>
The cats face looks flat like a plate
>>
>>26703890
The perspective is all types of fucked up, it looks more like a mistake than intentional. Overall it's pretty crude, but still interesting
>>
>>26703890
The firey sky/ceiling is really pretty and draws the eye. It's nicely done but it draws the eye away from the picture. So at first glance I see that sky and the cheeta's head. Naturally as a human I'm drawn to acknowledge the face first but then the sky takes over.

That may be intentional because it means I make an effort to look at the center of the picture and discern all the little details.

After the sky I notice how 2d and lifeless the body is which is another negative. Though that's easily fixed with a little knowledge of lighting.

The peeling off of the spots is interesting for a second but I don't relate to it in anyway so it doesn't grab me. I get lost instead with the cityscape and wether you intend that to imply some grander scale.

My last and final thought is the paintings on the wall which are a really nice touch both when looking at it in detail and in the wider picture.

Think more about framing and focus, especially with lighting and watch and copy speed painters on youtube. This really helped me actually.
>>
>>26703890
I like it but I have a shit sense of taste.

Dimensions of the body/room look wrong though. It's distracting from the actual leopard picking off his spots.
>>
i like just work on perspective. like when making a shelf or box make a dot then draw a squire or rectangle and draw lines from each corner to the dot.
>>
My first impression was that he's putting on his spots in preparation of going out in the city, like he's turning himself into something he's not so he can make it by more easily. Didn't realize he was supposed to be taking them off until I read through the thread
>>
>>26704474

Thanks a lot for that in-depth outlook. I've spent the day making it, and I've been working nonstop for the last several hours on it that I didn't have the time to take a break to see it the way it is now.

The face looks a bit flat I do agree and I needed some extra touch up with lighting and details to make it more enhanced. I definitely agree with your comment on the lighting, I need to apply some darker touches the cheek of the leapord mixed with a light green as a highlight to glaze it over and juxtapose to his light yellow fur. Im a bit cautious since in person I really love the juxtaposition of the hues of blues and the color of his skin but now that you gave me an extra outlook on it I will go back at it and work on it for another few hours. Godspeed anon
>>
>>26703890
It is very beautiful
>>
>>26704613

It just goes to show how subjective art is. I didn't realize till now someone would take it as such.

>>26704560
I do agree that the shelf is a bit wonku, I'll have to fix it up. The only problem I have is that I don't have any tiny brushes and have to make do with large bristles and sliding the paint over on the side of it.
>>
>>26704674

Thank you Anon-kun for your politeness. But like the other anons said, it needs a bit more elbow grease
>>
File: _20160223_175721.jpg (1 MB, 2432x2889) Image search: [Google]
_20160223_175721.jpg
1 MB, 2432x2889
This is how it looks when I didn't take a picture of it on a tilt.
>>
I really, really like the concept but you're having major depth perception issues in the execution

Take a look at the room and see how the angels you're seeing aren't the same as the ones you've done in your picture

Keep trying anon
>>
>>26704838
ANGLES
FUCK
Can't do anything right
>>
>>26703890
You'd get torn to shreds if you posted this in /ic/. Git gud faggot this shit sucks.
>>
>>26704838

Are you referring to the top post or the one I posted over here with a centered eye level view of the canvas on here?
>>26704800
>>
>>26704860

It's all good

>>26704889
Most od /IC/ is comparatively below my level. I made this piece for the surrealism of the idea on a canvas and not on Photoshop or with pen like what those faggots do.
>>
>>26704901
Both, m8. Problem is with the picture itself. Desks and bars don't have angles like that.

I really do like the idea, though.
>>
>>26704957

>he has narcissistic personality disorder

seriously though whether they draw on a tablet or not it's obvious that they understand anatomy, perspective, and colour in a way that you never will
>>
>>26704427
I would love to see more brooding and depressed animals in dingy bars.

others have critiqued the angles and stuff, but I think it makes it unique/surreal

my main critique is it seems a bit ...messy? I'm not sure if that's the right way to describe it though
>>
>>26704957
Wow dude. You're fucking delusional. You cant even get perspective right and you think you're above most people on /ic/? This painting is terrible man, really. You're probably in the 50th percentile of non-artists, and I'd be generous if I said you're better than 10% of people who actually call themselves artists.
>>
>>26704427

>you're not good enough for hyper realism
>the concept is surreal
>the painting style is not surreal it's just shit
>this painting literally can not be transformed into hyper realism because the anatomy is massively incorrect
>>
>>26705020

You never go to /IC/
>>26705103

Neither do you.
>>
>>26704427

>Hyperrealism is a genre of painting and sculpture resembling a high-resolution photograph

Did you know what hyperrealism was or are you just saying shit to sound knowledgable? The anatomy and perspective on this painting are way too off to be a base for hyperrealism.
>>
>>26705359

You never seen a person hunched over a seat before?
>>
>>26703890
It looks like you poured your soul into it, and the result shows that.
>>
>>26704051
I also thought he was putting the spots on because his hands are black like here covered in the ink to make the spots. Like maybe he was a cat depressed he wasn't a tough cheetah so he was drinking and putting on the spots like a front or mask to try to be what he wanted. I like your idea though like other anons said just better the proportion and work on form to make the idea easier to understand. Deep down I also feel like your current version is a tad abstract and expressionistic and if we had just looked at the art and gave it some thought we would have understood your point. I like the way you use color.
>>
>>26705459

If I paint nonstop till 3am with a pin needle perspective I can do it, but I already have a hernia from painting all day
>>
If it was just the background it could be quite a nice piece, but the addition of the poorly done leopard just makes it look like something an art gcse student would turn in for a weekend project.
>>
>>26705422

/ic/ is my home board faggot.

Some people there might not be good but they're open to redlines and critiques. You're just bad at art and too retarded to admit it which is why you'll never improve.
>>
>>26705462

Do you honestly think the anatomy is correct?

Seek mental help. I'm serious.
>>
>>26705488

...no you literally can't. If you re-start the painting and study art for 10 years you might get it.
>>
>>26703890
Cat people- having fun
>>
are you a fucking furfag
>>
>>26705533
This

Everything but the leopard is alright, not great, but "not great" in a way that could well be intentional and still looks aesthetic, yet choppy, which I find adds to the feel of it.

Whereas the leopard looks like something you'd see in a comic on deviantart involving sonic and diapers.
>>
>>26703890
Pretty cool

blox
>>
>>26705691

>the leopard looks like something you'd see in a comic on deviantart involving sonic and diapers

MY FUCKING SIDES

most accurate comment in the thread/10
>>
>>26703890

terrible to be quite honest senpai
>>
>>26704124
not sure about the fire thing. Otherwise damn solid
>>
it's obvious you have no practice drawing shapes in illusional space, so why don't you just go all the way and paint pure abstract symbols instead?
>>
>>26703890
Needs better depth and shading but otherwise preddy gud
>>
>>26704838
not sure if it was intentional, but I like the fucked up angles because they add to the bizzaro feel of the painting
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.