[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a NEET get a credit card?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
Can a NEET get a credit card?
>>
>>26702461
Doubt it senpai
>>
You need a reliable source of income over a certain amount so no
>>
Maybe, if you haven't done anything that would fuck your credit score. If you do get one, you'll most likely have a fairly high interest rate. Or they might temporarily give you 0%, and then jack it up after a year or so.
>>
>>26702654
Does mooching off of my parents count?
>>
>>26702793
>Does mooching off of my parents count?
>Hi, I'd like to apply for a credit card
>sure no problem sir, what is your profession?
>NEET
>So how do you expect to pay the credit bill off?
>it's fine, I mooch off of my mum
>>
>>26702461
Yeah, just lie about your income, they usually never check.
>>
>>26702926
>>So how do you expect to pay the credit bill off?
GBP. duh.
>>
>>26702926
Then how will I pay for my fun Internet things, other than asking my parents to pay for me?
>>
File: Sparta_exploitable.png (1 MB, 1020x1094) Image search: [Google]
Sparta_exploitable.png
1 MB, 1020x1094
>>26702926

>what is your profession?

That meme-fest is a fucking DECADE old
>>
How much credit does an employed normalcool usually have?
>>
doesn't a debit card suffice for 'internet stuff'
>>
You can get a Vanilla Visa at most retailers and grocery stores. It's around five bux to activate on top of whatever amount you want to put on the card.

I also have a debit card from Social Security for my autismbux.
>>
>>26702461
I had one before I went back to being a NEET. My mom kept using it even though I didn't had any money to pay for it (and she doesn't give any fucks) now I owe quite a bit.
>>
>>26704533
What did you do before becoming a NEET?
>>
>>26704978
worked for a while in a software company.
It sucked since the pay was terrible and my mom used most of that money for god knows what, the funny thing is that I have been a NEET for 4 years and nothing has changed in our way of life.

Sometimes I wish I used that money to get a driver's license or something instead of just giving it to her whenever she said she needed money.
>>
>>26702461
Get one from your bank that's backed by your own funds. Keep up with payments and it'll build your credit, and after a while you'll get offers for real credit cards. Probably terrible offers at first, so make sure you know what you're getting into before you accept any of them.
>>
>>26702461
APPY
FOR
PREPAID
CREDIT
CARD
SEN
PAI
<3
>>
>>26702461

probably.

just lie.

but be a responsible NEET with a credit card, or else it could fuck up your credit history for a long, long time.
>>
>>26705136
A driver's license costs literally $22 in my state. If you cant afford that how do you have internet?
>>
>>26703038
What if you live in the US and only have USD?
>>
File: 1448513130080.jpg (285 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448513130080.jpg
285 KB, 800x1000
a debt card maybe if you have a bank account. Credit no fucking way. Most credit cards check your credit score and income, income to base your limit on, to even consider you. Seeing as NEETs typical have neither the odds of getting one are pretty much zero.
>>
What's everyone's credit card limit?

$1000 here
>>
>>26707443
total limit is $208,000, but I have 15 cards

who here #churn?
>>
>>26707316
I'm not from usa, we got good public health service here but a driving license is around 1.6k if you pass on every test on the first try.
>>
>>26707461
>15 cards

What the fuck man, why?
>>
Yes, I did. They ask for your income or the person responsible for the household's income, so you can put your parents down and get approved.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (23 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
23 KB, 500x486
If you're an Amerifag you could get a secured card. They make you give them a cash deposit up front and then issue your card for that amount.

My first card was $300, then a couple months later they raised my limit to $500 and gave me my deposit back.

Before I became a NEET I ended up with 3 cards for a total of $10500 in credit.
>>
>>26707507
like I said, churning. they offer stuff like 60,000 points or $300 cash back when signing up, so I get them for the free money
>>
>>26707661
Doesn't opening all these cards lower your credit score though?
>>
>>26704235
Get a prepaid card with cash or just a regular debit card you dumbass
>>
>>26707701
not really, its just a few points per card and mine is already over 800. it helps more than it hurts because you get points for "utilized credit", so if I pay off my balances every month it shows as <1% utilized. having, say, $500 used of 200k available does wonders for the crore
>>
>>26707475

Lmao, we don't even have a driving test. The practical is the instructor asking you where you parked. If you remember you get a license. I vaguely remember being asked what you do at a stop sigh and which button makes the car go. I think that was just small talk though.
>>
>tfw using wageslave money with debit card for years
>nobody tells me this is really fucking stupid
>finally start getting rewards

FUCK!!! I've basically ignored over $2000 worth of credit card rewards since I used debit for everything. It was only after my info was stolen and my account emptied did I find out that banks don't really give a fuck about debit card theft. Credit cards have always reimbursed me if my info gets stolen. And now I get 2% cash back per purchase. I thought they added 2% to my total and put that money in a savings account or something...no, just straight up free money for using the card. Ever since I got robbed I got a bunch of new credit cards. 6% cash back at grocery stores, 3% gas, and a different 2% card for everything else.

Kicking myself for years of not using a credit card instead of a debit card. All because my parents were like "YOU COULD GO INTO MASSIVE DEBT!!!" Fucking idiots. Just put that shit on autopay every month and don't spend like a retard?

Credit cards are the shit.
>>
>>26707461
Churner here. Not active, mostly a once-or-twice a year churn.

For anyone who has no idea what we're talking about: credit card companies offer bonuses for signing up with their banks. You get the card, and usually within the first few months you have to spend a certain amount to get the bonus. They change all the time so you spend what you'd normally spend on that NEW card, get your minimum spend, collect the bonus, and then move on to the next card.
>>
>>26707970
They were just scared you would fuck up and they would have to pay it off. It happens a lot.
>>
>>26707970
churn anon here. yeah my parents were idiots and I fell for the "debit card" meme while in college. when I got a job in 2008 I got my first credit card, 1% cash back. then I discovered churning and have made thousands using cards.

remember that companies like Visa and AMEX charge stores 3% to process credit card sales, and they can't add that cost to card users (this is specifically illegal, though not in reverse. that's why you see gas stations offering a "cash" price that is a few cents a gallon lower), so they just jack their prices up 3% to cover it. anyone NOT using a cash back credit card is losing money since you're covering the credit card processing fee in everything you buy.
>>
>>26707443
$3000+$1000
pretty happy because I got the 3000 approved a few weeks ago
>>
>>26708126

That literally has never happened, ever. Debtors can't go after relatives who don't owe them anything.
>>
>>26708298
they WILL ask family to pay off a family member's debt. They do it all the time for deceased parents/children. That's the part where you tell them to fuck off and never talk to you again.
>>
I haven't had a job in six years and I have a credit card with a $5000 limit, a bestbuy card with a $4000 limit, a jcp penny card with $3500, and a target card with something I don't remember.

gob bless america :DDD
>>
>>26702461
>>26702565
I got one over the summer. I'm on disability so that's considered an income. If you have no income, you'll get denied no doubt.
>>
>>26708330

But that's what probate is for. Debtors get first dibs on the estate in court.

Makes me want to go in collections. Imagine calling a normie after their grandma died and demanding money.
>>
>>26707443
$4000 from one card.

Despite being an unemployed college student.

I don't know how I got such a relatively big credit line. Whatever, I don't plan on ever spending more than $500 a month and I plan on paying all of it off every month.
>>
>>26708175
Exactly. The miscommunication parents have to their kids about credit cards is unbelievable. Almost equally surprising is that some people don't believe it's worth the hassle. I go out to eat at work and pick stuff up for a coworker and he hands me a debit card. This is 43 year old man using a debit card. Tried to tell him he's throwing away money but he doesn't believe me. My brother and sister didn't believe me until I actually had to bust out my statement and show them it's way safer to use credit cards on autopay than getting nothing with debit card OR CASH.

At the very least, EVERYONE should have a 2% cash back card. Feels like most people scoff at 2% thinking it's nothing. That shit adds up super fast. Citi double cash back card is mastercard and 2% on everything. I might hesitate if it was a discover card...but mastercard is accepted fucking everywhere.
>>
i get 2-4 credit card applications in the mail a year and i toss those since i know how to control my spending.

99% of people who use credit cards cant do math nor control thier spending or pay thier bills on time.

im a NEET and on assistance so i can pay a CC bill but i dont buy much shit to make a CC worth having(grocerys and games and i dont buy online)
i get my money put into bank, get my internet bill mid month, take to bank pay bill and withdraw all my money, stash it.
>>
>>26708938
Amex Bluecash gives you 3% cash back at grocery stores. If you really want to stretch it, buy gamestop gift cards from the grocery store and you'll basically get 3% cash back for your games too
>>
>>26709021
Im Canadian tho
>>
>>26709021
It has a $75 annual fee though.

That would be fantastic if I had a family but I don't think the savings would add up to $75 a year since I am a poorfag bachelor.
>>
>>26709088
no, thats the Blue Cash Preferred (and it has a 6% for groceries). Blue Cash is free and gives the 3%/2%/1%
>>
>>26709088
That's bluecash preferred, and that's a 6% cash back at grocery stores. Bluecash Everyday is 3% with no annual fee. No downside to owning everyday at all. Most people do a year of preferred for the bonus, and downgrade to skip the annual fee a year after their signup month.
>>
>>26709112
>>26709119
Can I apply with only two months of credit card credit history?
>>
>>26709448
depends on your credit score. it's a card for higher scores, so you'd want to be in the mid 700s to get it.
>>
>>26709483
>want to check credit score
>can't because it will make my credit score go down

why
>>
>>26709524
checking it doesn't make it go down, just hard pulls. I know Credit Karma is a meme but they can get you an approximation for free from two of the major bureaus.
>>
>>26709448
You can apply whenever you want. They just don't want you applying for a ton of different cards at once. It would be suspicious. But you, alone, applying for 1 card? No problem at all. Barely bumped my credit, but remember that credit doesn't really matter. It just affects your interest rate, which again DOESN'T MATTER if you pay it off every month with autopay.

>>26709554
No need if you're just applying for a card or two. When you're accepted you'll get mailed a copy of your credit score if you really care enough. Last two cards I got I was in the 800's and instantly accepted. People with no credit history might take longer, but there's no hurt applying for a card.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.