[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15
File: lefeelinguy.jpg (59 KB, 744x758) Image search: [Google]
lefeelinguy.jpg
59 KB, 744x758
Post your Uni and your major and talk about feels relate to Uni

I go to WMU and I'm a polisci major English Minor

I have no friends, no gf, no job, I'm a KHV and I have a 2.9 gpa
>>
Nobody has any college feels? :(
>>
>>26689614

law student

why the fuck did I do this feels

school seems a lot better than work though

(in Canada)
>>
In art school. I don't know what to feel.

I've come to hate wat I used to enjoy. I don't understand my own feelings, I don't trust my own feelings either, sometimes I think I should just suck it up and be a man, even though I cry at least once every two days about minor things.

I was given the opportunity to take up a trade. I feel it's better I slave away than face this unbelievable pressure anymore.
>>
>>26689614
Not sharing my school, sorry.

Political Science major, Criminal justice minor.

I fucking love my major but I don't wanna be a goddamn politician or a lawyer. Thinking about swapping my major and minor around but I'm already 23 and I just don't wanna be too fucking old when I graduate.
>>
>>26690480
Dealing with unbelievable pressure all for what? A useless arts degree? Cut your losses and get a decent job while you can anon.

And stop fucking crying, limit to once a year.
>>
>>26690480
>art school
Literally how could art school make someone suffer at all?
>>
Anyone here taking a language class? Why the hell are tests easy but actually writing whole compositions hard?
>>
Mech engineering major at UCSD.

Chose it because I was good at math/physics but came from a pretty poor family
>>
Just got a 60% on my first exam in sociology. Seriously fuck my Ta that mother fucker tried to explain to me that I had to explain every last term in the exam essay. Like you fucking faggiot you already know the terms and the terms are well within the correct context but no he gave me a 60% this next couple weeks is going to be so shitth because I have no idea if I'm going to pass or fail and I have to deal with this feel for the entire time. I know my TA just doesn't like me because I'm older than the other students and I'm not sucking his dick.
>>
>tfw one of the TAs in my psychology class is really really hot and has a great ass

>she wears glasses

>tfw you will never have a glasses qt gf
>>
robot uni bump of self loathing
>>
I'm literally going there right now,I'm in the bus.Fucking kill me,I really don't want to go,I'm a rural and surveying engineer student.
>>
File: 4786793568.png (770 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
4786793568.png
770 KB, 638x638
>girl in front of me turns around and asks if she can borrow a pencil
>guy thats about 3 seats away yells "I HAVE ONE" and quickly gets up to giver her a pencil before i can even open my mouth
>>
>>26690357
Law Student here as well (Aus)

no longer on the "ohfuckmanthefeels.jpg" train, but only just hopped off. Now it's just reading and ignoring happy people who have lives.

Internships prove that school is better than work.
>>
Computer Engineering major at a top tier school for that.

Classes aren't too hard but I'm shit at meeting people. The guys across the hall invited me over last weekend, so things are looking a bit better.
>>
File: 1444899621668.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444899621668.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
Why was I born socially crippled AND dumb? At least the socially awkward engineering students are intelligent enough to get good degrees. I'm just awkward AND dumb.
>>
File: image.gif (894 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
894 KB, 500x281
Here is my Uni! Feels good, man.
>>
>>26690728
Muir college UCSD neuroscience.

This uni fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1409160296781.jpg (32 KB, 322x227) Image search: [Google]
1409160296781.jpg
32 KB, 322x227
>>26691371

I am at a technical university with an obvious majority of guys, some displays of cuckoldry you witness there every day are truly revolting.

>some obviously autistic as fuck guy sits behind me
>hilariously stereotypical image of some school nerd, with huge glasses, huge teeth, hunched back, the whole package
>some reasonably girl sits besides him and has a chat with him
>just think :"no fucking way"
>listen to the lecture and hear the girl say: "you must be really good at math"
>he just replies awkwardly: "No, not really"
>mfw she shuts up for the rest of the lecture and leaves without saying anything
>>
>>26691633

*reasonably hot girl
>>
I came to r9k about to make a thread like this, but as per board culture, I read the current threads before creating it and lo and behold I found this one.

A lot of people around here hate on STEM fags because they're high and mighty and are generally considered (by normal people) to be in good fields of study. I mean, yeah everybody jokes about being a liberal arts major but in the end people are going to do what they feel makes them happy (not going to college is definitely an option, even as a STEM major I truly believe success can be found without a formal education). My GPA is 2.6, I sort of like what I'm studying (computer science), but I have no idea what I'm going to do after college. I truly resent the idea of me sitting in an office all day and earning a fat check. That's not how I want my life to be, guys. Sure, I could take vacations or whatever, but I don't like the idea of having a job at all.

I guess I'm lazy. I get really into my programming assignments, but never really program anything for fun. Meanwhile, there's kids in my class talking about the app they're developing or some indie game they have an idea for. I don't have the sort of passion for computer science that these other students do, and I really do realize that this sort of isn't my field. I'm great at math, and I do enjoy programming, but I just don't like the idea of making a LIVING off of it. I see programming and software development as an important skill to have in this 21st century, and I encourage everyone to learn how to program very basic things. It's where society is headed. It's just a useful skill.

But when I really do think about it, I don't want a job in anything. I really like playing music and actually write and record tons of songs. My friends tell me I'm really talented, but they're only saying that because they're my friends. Also, I am a person of morals: I steal all the music I listen to, so I don't really believe in making money off the music I make.
>>
>>26689614
Western Michigan?

How many bricks are being shat by liberals over the K-zoo shootings?
>>
Tfw motivated for new semester but you know you haven't improved your work ethic at all and you might slip back into old habits like missing classes and procrastinating
>>
>>26691394
Fellow law student, how do I get an internship anon
>>
>no hobbies
>no interests
>no passion
>do uni so parents keep supporting me
>hate studying
>nothing to make up for it

it's not bad, but it's not good enough for me
>>
I'm applying to grad school right now.

I have a 3.98 GPA but I fucked up on the GRE
>>
so i'm here at uni now but i'm only good at the humanities, tried IT but it's too boring

should i just go for something else employable like nursing so i don't fuck myself over upon graduating
>>
>>26691659
Everyone dreams of being a famous musician or a famous SOMEthing, I guess. But this is to idealistic. My childhood dreams are starting to come to terms with real life. I don't want to settle down. I don't want to have a steady job. I don't want a family. I'm not sure how my future is going to roll out and it's sort of intimidating. I've definitely got it better than others: I'm slightly intelligent, sort of good looking, have good friends to hang out with on the weekends and all that.

There is literally nothing wrong with my life.

And yet, I feel as if it is TOO cushy. Too fucking easy. This semester is already halfways over and I don't remember much of it. I could say I want to avoid routines, but I've been going to school for my entire memorable life. I'm not sure what I want to experience. It feels as if something is missing to me. Or, it feels like I have missed out on something. I've stayed home for college. I didn't go out of state or get a dorm. Maybe that's why I feel this horrible onsetting stagnation. I am suffocated by the fact of my life continuing on "as it should" get a job, a family, a house. It isn't what I want.
>>
Graduating next December if everything goes well. Hopefully I make it robots.
>>
I failed this Maths course once about a year ago. I did it again this summer school and got C. Fucking C.

I feel like I'm fucking stupid when my major is Physics
>>
>>26691515
So how does it feel not being with Joyce anymore?
>>
>>26691728
have parents who are lawyers/have gf who has parents who are lawyers/be golf caddy for lawyers or judges/offer to work for free with firms (protip:having a good gpa and other extra-curricular helps big time).

It's fucked anon, my dad is a partner in the firm I was at so I was really lucky. Most other interns were in the same position, family/friends worked there. That's for good firms though, some small firms would probably be all "yeah happy to have you anon you'll learn some good stuff".
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6 KB, 259x194
> tired of technical studies in high school
> be a retard and think OH WELL SINCE I'M GOOD AT ENGLISH I'LL JUST STUDY THAT instead of continuing STEM
> not because i like it (i don't) but i thought it'd be easier

> now three years into my English degree, final semester unless i do a master's which i have to as it is the only way to get a job with such a useless degree
> learning useless garbage that isn't even remotely interesting
> surrounded by women
> heaps of work
> can't even go into translation like i originally intended because i'm shit at Spanish

into the trash it goes
>>
File: fjdakf.png (47 KB, 318x317) Image search: [Google]
fjdakf.png
47 KB, 318x317
>>26691802

It's ALL genetics, bro. Your potential for success was determined at birth. Life is out of our control
>>
>tfw I chose a field of study that I hate
>tfw it's too late to change at this point
>TFW I never be truly educated Ain the things I'm passionate about
>>
>>26691659
Have you come up with any ideas on how to make it on your own after college?

Most people have "jobs" to support themselves. The key is to do something that you enjoy so it doesn't feel like work as much. So software engineering isn't it. What else do you enjoy that you can make money doing?

Just because you majored in compsci doesn't mean you have to do anything remotely similar after you graduate.
>>
>>26689614

Just started today.
Im the only local student.

Not a single female

Im cool with some nips, but seriously give me one white dude.
>>
>>26691802
What can you even do with a Physics major?
>>
>>26691832
ok shit I don't have any of that, guess i'll have to slave myself for free

am I royally fucked if I don't intern?
>>
File: 1453757192785.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453757192785.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>26691904
research or grunt work for labs come to mind
>>
File: 1456203690225.jpg (94 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1456203690225.jpg
94 KB, 645x773
Have an exam in 7 hours and I'm not gonna show up. I think I give up on this semester. Should I just withdraw from all of my classes? I'm not exactly sure how it works. My Uni website doesn't say anything about leave of absence or anything so I assume you just drop all of your classes.
>>
gonna skip lectures today t b h
>>
>>26691802
What math are you taking? DiffyQ and linear algebra is the most important for you guys as I understand it.
>>
>>26691921
is it pointless for you to go? worth trying if you think you can pull a C out of your ass
>>
>>26691908
Are you in Aus? If yes, get out of the big cities. Don't fall for the "muh corporate dreams" meme and move to a regional city like Cairns or Townsville. Big opportunities in criminal/family law (thanks to meth and crack addicts).

Internships are only good in that they show you are proactive about working in the field. If you're at law school, don't do anything without asking yourself "will this help my career". That goes for your whole life; who you fuck, what you eat and drink, how you dress, what you post on FB etc etc. You took on law man, it's 100% professional from day 1 wherever you want to work.
>>
File: 1456130963686.jpg (440 KB, 1550x864) Image search: [Google]
1456130963686.jpg
440 KB, 1550x864
>>26691921
if you don't withdraw then you'll just fail the classes. And if you withdraw past the date, then you get marks on your record. If you want to continue college later, then it's better to try to at least get by your current classes.
>>
>>26691921
Pull an all nighter and try to pass the exam, or at least show up and answer one or two questions. Skipping an exam is the worst route to take unless you're unfathomably good at faking an emergency (most profs I know don't take shit like that though) good luck bud
>>
>>26691921
m8 we've all been there. You'd be surprised how much you can acomplish in 7 hours.
>>
>>26691950
Yeah. Haven't been to the majority of the classes and according to the syllabus all of the questions on the exams are from lecture only, not the book.

>>26691970
I can withdraw from classes until March 20th, but I get a W as the grade or something.

>>26691976
I've realized I'm way too retarded to continue as a CS major. Either I switch majors, take a break, or just drop out because at this point I'm just digging my whole even deeper. I'm on academic probation already.
>>
>>26691958
NZ, so I should aim for smaller firms outside of the main cities?

I keep myself presentable and professional, don't post on FB etc.
>>
>>26691840
Yeah clearly I am not talented in maths but I surely can invest more time into it to be in the average. (The average for this years SS was B-)

>>26691904
Physics Teacher or if you are smart research or uni related work. Otherwise you can easily switch to engineering

>>26691926
Course covered mainly about Linear Algebra (about 60% of the course)
Other 40% devoted into diffQ, Integrals and series and sequences
>>
>>26692030
Yeah man it's less competitive, community vibe etc. play your cards right you could end up a mayor or a magistrate judge. People say it's lazy but those people want to be seen getting yelled at about the sky/sugar ratio in their bosses coffee for two years.
>>
>>26689614
Econ student
Going to VUW
I just have no friends.
But I'm okay with it now.
I have weebshit. Gundams are my friends now.
>>
>>26692057
So once I'm finished core courses which specifics should I choose? Family law being a given with what you've told me.

Should I try to get summer internships at the smaller firms, or just apply to everything?

Sorry for bombardment of questions anon, this shit is super helpful I appreciate it
>>
>>26690480
>unbelievable pressure
>art school
lmao don't kill yourself in a trade
>>
>>26692086
That's ok man happy to help.

Family Law
Advanced Crim Law and Drafting (all the different docs you need to write/serve)
Conveyancing (the lawyer side of real estate)
All that shit will pay your bills for the first ten years.

Apply everywhere, but best bet is study hard and try for a judges associate position or Personal Assistant to a trial solicitor. Not too hard in smaller cities if you're not a spaghetti freak.
>>
>>26692237
What skills would I need for those positions? At what stage in my degree would I be considered "qualified"?
>>
>>26692367
Assistant you don't need any qualifications but a JA you need your degree. If you want connections and to be a barrister you want to be a JA in a small city. You'll meet everyone important (court people all the way to the big business people in town and the politicians).

Do a few volunteer spots in small firms on your holidays and study like a motherfucker during term. With five years you'll be earning good money m8
>>
>>26692455
Thanks anon, wrote all this down and plan to use it. All the best, night ausbro.
>>
it feels like shit to be halfway through my degree and feel like i've never punctured the interior of the 'college experience'. i knew i wasn't going to magically become a normie by going to college, but i must admit i thought things would be different. i thought i would meet people in my programs with real interests and enthusiasm for what they were learning. mostly it's more of the same, and i feel myself slipping more and more into depressive lethargy where doing work is out of the question.

life was never made for me i guess.
>>
File: 1450754134237.png (208 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450754134237.png
208 KB, 500x375
I just did Orientation week and I'm already feeling anxious and sick.

Scared shitless.
>>
>>26692568
where in the world does a term start in February?
>>
>>26692568
Scared shitless of what?
>>
File: 1348285366424.jpg (188 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1348285366424.jpg
188 KB, 1280x960
>>26689614
Going back to uni in a week after failing most of my classes last semester, I really don't want to mess it up this time.
>>
>>26690480
>art degree
>art
>degree

Pick one topkek. Do you like wasting money?
>>
>>26692568
you are going to have so much fun man. Don't become a fucking Chad or Kieth or Troy or whatever the fuck alphas are called now, but get some pussy, have some fun and drink a fuck load of beer.

You're an ausbro like the lawyer I guess? My little brother just went off to O week and even though he's a bit of a Chad, I know it'll be fun for everyone.

Protip; I was a bot and then uni showed me it's ok to be a normie, not everyone invents Jewbook
>>
>>26692568
This is a crossroads anon, make an effort. I can't stress enough how much opportunity you have and how much you will throw away by not seizing school for what it's worth.
You are paying an obscene amount of money for an education that will be at most half applicable to any job it might get you. College is more than studying, it is an opportunity for your own pursuits, social, intellectual, and otherwise.

Good luck anon. Grab life by the ass.
>>
File: 1427373531761.jpg (82 KB, 924x571) Image search: [Google]
1427373531761.jpg
82 KB, 924x571
>>26692704
Thanks man, really appreciate the encouragement.
>>
University of Missouri. I have no friends and I hate school, but I"m graduating in seven weeks so I might as well just finish it
>>
>>26692763
you in aus, anon? which uni?
>>
>>26692763
you better fuck someone, or at least get fucked, whilst at uni anon. Don't be a beta, use that fuggen thing!
>>
>>26691659
As a fellow CS student, I can tell you right now that a 2.9 GPA is pretty shit. You'd better have a pretty fucking good portfolio of projects if you want to get a half decent job. Our field is filled with Poo-in-loos that would gladly snatch up any opportunity that comes your way. You have to find some way to stand out.
>>
>>26692816
Is it really necessary though?
>>
>>26692794
>University of Missouri

SJW: The University

I'm so sorry
>>
>intro macroecon test in twelve hours
>haven't gone to class, haven't read book, never any homework
Still got time, right? Also,
>complex variables test last week
>felt like i did pretty well
>get test back today
>83
>not mad, that's decent
>prof says class avg was 84
>tfw destined to always be slightly below average
Been thinking about asking out a chubby (read: not fat but noticably overweight) blonde qt too since she seems like at least enjoys my company but as a skeletal i'm not sure i want to be that guy.
>>26691371
100% sure that guy never gets any pussy. Not that I'm doing any better, but that's because I screwed up the few opportunities I had.
>>26691802
Eh, it doesn't necessarily mean you're stupid, just that you're not trying too hard. I know smart but lazy is a meme but just as an example, I'm a math major and I've never gotten below an A- in any of the math classes I've taken (Calc I, II, III, Intro to Proofs, LinAlg) but I got a D in the intro physics class because I didn't give a shit about what we were doing at all. People like to act like physics and math are sort of the same thing because physics is pretty mathematical but both use slightly different types of reasoning.
>>26692040
>Otherwise you can easily switch to engineering
idk what country you're in but if you're in America this pretty much never happens because you need accreditation to actually work as an engineer and you can only get that from completing an engineering major with strict class requirements.
>>
AUS

Nursing

I'm out of my depth and don't know how to proceed.
>>
File: 1454766587459.jpg (9 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1454766587459.jpg
9 KB, 342x342
>>26689614
>tfw I'm an English and Philosophy major.
I intend to go into law post-undergrad
>>
Uni of Melbourne

Bach of Commerce --> Engineering postgrad

About to start next week

So many chinks holy fuck
>>
>>26691856
Fuck.

>started uni yesterday
>halfway through my first class I realised that I have absolutely no interest in the field of study I chose
>surrounded by passionate students, most of which have prior knowledge and understanding
>can't change degree because the fields I am interested in pay jack shit and have very poor job prospects
>>
Took the first year in arts because I was an idiot as a teen so was the only thing my highschool marks were good enough for.

Was originally planning on switching to accounting next year, but I found out I actually love math so I'm tempted to switch to a math major instead. I can't make up my mind.
>>
>>26693387
dumb frankposter

dumb dumb-frankposter-sympathizing robot
>>
>1400 word essay due in 7 hours
>haven't even started

help
>>
>>26693708
200 words an hour is not hard anon
COME ON
YOU CAN DO IT
just b urself
>>
File: 1449957525954.jpg (37 KB, 541x720) Image search: [Google]
1449957525954.jpg
37 KB, 541x720
I slept through all my classes today. How do I stop going to sleep at 3-5am?
>>
>no friends
>no job
>sit on skype and talk to childhood friends for 10+ hours a day while playing world of warcraft
>2.2 gpa
>probably going to drop out next year

lol
>>
>>26693673
It's an image that accurately showcases my current feelings toward my future.
>>
>have to make stupid essay on random (old) art object
>told to just pick an object from place / era we liked
>finally decide on something
>reading up on it
>actually start to enjoy it
>prof slammed the idea for bullshti reasons

I should just drop out
>>
>>26692568
Holy shit, are you from New Zealand?
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.