[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw this is what 90% of the posts on this board amount to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: lefunnyfoxmeme.gif (10 KB, 640x918) Image search: [Google]
lefunnyfoxmeme.gif
10 KB, 640x918
>mfw this is what 90% of the posts on this board amount to
>>
What the fuck is even the lesson of that fable?
Its something like admit defeat instead of complaining.
I've admitted defeat. I still complain.
>>
>>26679931
You want something you can't get, so you just act like you don't want it anyway. Fox and grapes, r9k and women.
>>
It's more about trying to climb that tree, falling and complaining it hurts when you break your back.
Then fucking normie crows come and tell you "it's ez bro just be urself :D"
>>
>>26679931
It's not about complaining that you failed, it's about claiming that you never actually wanted to succeed and that those who do succeed are dumb assholes after you failed.
>>
File: 1383091390499.jpg (19 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
1383091390499.jpg
19 KB, 250x376
llol orignial post graet job OP yuo sure showed dese rbots
>>
>>26679977
Like having no arms and attempting to climb a tree and normies swooping down ever so often telling you to just be yourself and reporting anecdotal accounts in which double amputees have been able to climb trees
>>
>>26679970
Yes but what the fuck is the lesson?

The lesson of jack and the beanstalk is "don't steal". Is sour grapes' lesson "dont be cognitively dissonent"? Cause I see no need to not comfort myself if I won't get grapes either way.
>>
>>26680009
More like not wanting to fix your social anxiety, lowering your standards if ugly or just having the balls to an hero instead of being a whining faggot.
>>
>>26680024
>Is sour grapes' lesson "dont be cognitively dissonent"?

Pretty much, yeah.

I suppose it just goes to exemplify the fact that many people do actually act exactly like that in real life.
>>
>>26680024
The lesson is that acting like r9k or the fox makes you an idiot. It teaches how some people act, and that you shouldn't do that, not how you should act as fables usually do.
>>
>>26680067
I'm a burn victim senpai
>>
>>26680067
What you're saying sounds easy to you but to us it's as easy as climbing a tree with no arms.
Sure we may get to it someday if we try really hard and break our back and neck several times in the process, only to settle with some rotten fruit not worth the pain. But you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>26680162
I'm not saying it's easy, or that I've done it myself. I'm just saying that if you are going to be a defeatist you might as well off yourself. Hell I'm not even saying you'll succeed, just saying don't give up.
>>
>>26679977
>>26680009
>>26680162

>all these people not understanding the moral of the fable

It's nothing to do with complaining about your failure or your situation retards, it's about the cognitive dissonance of denouncing whatever it was you aspired to after you failed.

You're thinking of

>Wah I can't get girls, it sucks and I'm angry!

Which is (arguably) justified, when this refers to

>Wah I cant get girls, they're all whores anyway!

which is what a lot of people on this board do all the time.
>>
>>26680222
My face is deformed, no woman will ever want me even if I pay them.
>>
Is sour grapes so bad?

If there really is no hope of getting what you want, it seems like an almost healthier response than continuing to pine after said thing, i.e. women.
>>
>>26680222
I hate people like you who think we don't have the right to complain.
Life fucked some of us over. You can't complain to God, but you can at least complain on a board where equally fucked people post. You can keep trying while still complaining. Not complaining at all and keeping it all to yourself sounds pretty toxic, too. Gotta let the feels out so they don't slow us down.
>>
>>26680309
>Gotta let the feels out so they don't slow us down.

Yeah man better post on a mongolian memeing blog to stop myself being slowed down rather than doing l i t e r a l l y anything else.
>>
>>26680252
Well women ARE whores. I wanna get laid but that doesn't make them any better.
>>
>>26680309
You have every right to complain you stupid motherfucker, it just won't help. Ever. Talking about your problems and whining like a bitch is not the same thing.
>>
more like
>grapes reachable
>taste one
>is really sour
>spit it out
>complain how shitty grapes are
>>
>>26680255
Get money? You keep spouting all women are whores so they can of course be bought.
>>
>>26680355
Yeah cause doing shit you don't like doing to improve with bottled up feelings and suicidal thoughts all day and no people to relate with sounds so healthy.
>>
>>26680405
It's amazing you missed the second portion of my very short post where I stated even if I paid women (with money) they would still not want to be with me
>you keep spouting all women are whores
Is /r9k/ a monolith? Why do you idiots literally think everyone here has the same opinion?
>>
>be treated like complete shit by women my whole life
>slowly become more and more alienated from society
>come to the conclusion that women are whiny, spoiled children who only think of themselves and have absolutely nothing to offer once you take sex off the table
>bring this up around a woman
>"LMAO VIRGIN LMAO LOOK AT THIS LOSER LMAO NO WONDER GIRLS DON'T LIKE YOU LMAO!"
Literal meme gender. Nothing more.
>>
>>26680409
So you're saying that posting here is the one single activity that you enjoy?
>>
>the grapes bully the fox for his entire life, destroy his self-esteem, lead him on for food and money, make him hate himself, then laugh at him nervously when he finally decides they're not worth it and he wants nothing to do with them
I don't remember this part in the fable.
>>
>>26680436
>4 new posts
You're right about the monolith part, fallacy on my part. I didn't miss your argument however, I wanted to dispute it. Put seriously I'm trying to say that no matter how ugly you are you can still be loved, it's gonna be hard as shit and you gotta be really successful/interesting/rich. Even if the chance of you not dying alone is 0.01% giving up will only ever make things worse!
>>
>>26680222
>Thinking i'm not too much of a coward to kill myself.

If I had the balls to kill myself i'd of done it already senpai.
>>
>>26680439
Not OP but the only thing I can do at night yeah. I don't post here because I don't enjoy it.
>>
Really, when reading this board, you just have to ignore any threads that relate to women, wives or girlfriends. All of that is total trash.

The real, interesting threads are about people changing their lives and how they're doing it.
>>
>>26680569
Well then there's at least some tiny part of you that want's to live. This tiny part wants to spend that living doing something. Go do it or die trying, self-pity is disgusting.
>>
>>26680543
I have never seen another burn victim with a woman who he wasn't dating or married to prior to his accident. I am short and ethnic as well, I have no chance in life

I like to post here because these are the only people that understand what it's like to be friendless, kissless and unloved.

Just because I post here doesn't mean I don't try, but trying doesn't mean I won't succeed
>>
>>26679970
people on r9k constantly say they want gfs, waht the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>26680543
>>26680623
I will succeed I mean, the reason I don't post on like social anxiety and depression forums is because they say shit like what you're saying.
>>
>>26680623
I have to admit though, burn victims are real robots with every right to curse life. Try and find solace in the fact that every moment of pure bliss a woman can give you will be repaid by just as much misery when it fucks up. There are other, more sustainable ways to find happiness.
>>
>>26680439
No, I also enjoy video games, anime , chugging down beers and a bunch of other unproductive shit.
But everyone needs to vent sometimes. Even normies have friends to talk about their feelings so they don't keep them to themselves.
>>
>>26680664
EVERYONE GIVES THE SAME ADVISE TO DEPRESSED PEOPLE HMMM EVERYONE MUST BE RETARDED AND THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH IN IT.
>>
>>26679793
>there aren't disabled anons out there with no hope
>>
>>26680724
People with your mindset express the just world fallacy in order to feel more accomplished themselves, the things in your life were earned rather than a result of genetics/circumstance. I wouldn't say retarded, just delusional.
>>
>>26680694
>Try and find solace in the fact that every moment of pure bliss a woman can give you will be repaid by just as much misery when it fucks up.
>find solace in the fact you'll never experience the good and bad times with someone who loves you that you also love because of something totally outside of your control
Thanks Chad
>>
>>26680765
I didn't deserve shit I'm just arguing again st self-pity man it's toxic as fuck. Find other paths to self-fullfillment.
>>
the fox and grapes meme is really interesting

the fox can never reach the grapes, his arms are too short to reach and he can't climb trees. So he never had a chance in the first place. He was born this way. how he chooses to cope with this fact is irrelevant.

So when they compare you with an animal whose limbs are too short to reach the grapes, the normies are admitting that you were born without the genetics required to compete. however when someone brings this up they do a total 180 degree turn and change their narrative saying looks don't matter, you just need to say the right things at the right time etc (which we all know are bullshit) this a well known defense mechanism - normals can't admit that looks matter, because they desperately want to believe their "skills" get them laid, and not the fact that they were born normal-looking.

in short, this meme exposes normals for what they really are: genetically privileged hypocrites
>>
>>26680874
Sex and affection is an actual need, you can't be fulfilled without it.
>>
>>26680903
Maslow was a huge shill. People very frequently surrender basic needs for a greater purpose, in this case self-fulfilment. E.g. buddhist monks, martyrs etc.
>>
>>26680803
I'm a bald manlet.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.