[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you plan to stay on 4chan? I certainly hope I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
How long do you plan to stay on 4chan? I certainly hope I'm gone by the time I'm 30.
>>
>>26678448
Indefinitely. I don't think there's anywhere else to discuss hobbies anonymously with a large number of people.
>>
>>26678448
Yeah I hope I only come here when I game with friends to post runny shut to each other... This board is so shut and so is /b ... But those rare threads feel so comforting and are fun that I keep coming back. The main reason I enjoy r9k is because there are other intps here that can relate to being quiet and enjoying silence.
>>
>>26678545
This. I'm nearly 40 and have been coming here for a decade.
>>
Until I get a gf. When I was 15 I swore that when I got a gf I'd make one last thread to blog about it and then leave indefinitely. It's been almost five years since.
I wont probably leave 4chan as a whole from one day to another but if I become a normie I'm dropping /r9k/.
>>
File: pepe81.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe81.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>started browsing 4chan at 12
>22 now
>life is a fucking mess
>neet of five years
>online job applications are ignored
>racist/sexist/redpilled
>no signs of slowing down anytime soon

This place is like an abusive relationship. I come here every day even though I know its bad for me.
>>
>>26678448
its actually dying tho
i say dont plan on 4 chan being here next year
>>
>>26678706
/r9k/ is full of doomsayers
>>
>>26678701
>online job applications
That shit is the easiest thing in the world to ignore. At least fucking call, if you can't make an appearance in person. The least you can do is be something just a little bit more memorable than just another email.
>>
>>26678706
>Implying death is the end of things and it won't just become tumblr 2.0
>>
>>26678448
I'm 19, if I'm still here by the time I hit 25 I will probably just kill myself rather than be some pathetic oldfag poster.
>>
>>26678746
I'm too autistic to call and go in. And I think my stutter would put employers off. The less personal contact I have with a potential employer the better.
>>
I'm 28, I've been here for the last ~10 years. I've had time off in the periods when I had serious girlfriends or otherwise was too busy to kill time on the Internets, but yeah, pic related is true.
>>
>>26678733
>/r9k
i mean the whole site tho
i havent seen this place so slow in 7 years now, just check/b
it peaked in 2012 and has been dying for 2 years now
my money is on this being the last year, little kids dont care about /b anymore, reddit doesnt care anymore, people who posted here moved on
maybe a couple of boads will be salvagable, i mean heck /co was still alive with less than 200 posts every day
this wont tho, not at all, some people will join some irc or steam group that will last a few months
>>
File: 1186172841182.gif (911 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1186172841182.gif
911 KB, 160x120
Been here since 2005 when I was 14
No end in sight, this is my primary source of socialization
:(
>>
>>26678746
so you have to call too? What do you say them?
Just hey I applied for a job and I'm wondering when you guys are gonna get back to me on that
>>
File: 562615.jpg (19 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
562615.jpg
19 KB, 400x388
I want to leave 4chan but I can't. I have nowhere else to socialize
>>
>>26678448
As long as it exist. I like how 4chan is edgy, mature, and politically incorrect. It's the same things I like about Trump
>>
>>26678875
this place gets about 2 million unique visitors a year, even if you assume about 1/4 of those are regulars that's still quite large. also consider that there are much smaller and slower chans that maintain a userbase.
>>
>>26678880
Well yes, obviously that helps. An email you can just gloss over and forget about, but a phonecall you need to actually be involved in, so at least you'll leave an impression and hope it's a positive one.
>>
>>26678928
>this place gets about 2 million unique visitors a year
actually
Unique visitors per month: 22,000,000
https://www.4chan.org/advertise
>>
>>26678928
well yeah that was true
but regulars dont last forever, right now 90%of posters here also browse tumblr and reddit
lets be honest it was never about regulars, we never needed a next big thing to take posters away, it was always about /b and /v bringing a big influx of new posters every year
thisdoesnt happen anymore at all tho people are not coming here anymore
sure smaller chans keep alive because a small amount of regulars but the taller you are the bigger the fall and people here are used to chat speed replys they wont tolerate waiting hours for a reply
and you are crazy if you think it can stay afloat with wizzardchan numbers
>>
>>26678762
This. Exactly this.
I don't want to be around when that happens
>>
not for very long, a lot of the threads are boring
was /b/ for about a week, got bored
was on /fa/ for a about a month, got bored
was on /kpg/ for about a month, got bored trying to force myself to like the music and skinny plastic girls
was /fit/ for a few months, super boring now

wish i knew where else to go besides this site
>>
>>26679048
>90%of posters here also browse tumblr and reddit
>source: my ass

>and you are crazy if you think it can stay afloat with wizzardchan numbers
realistically 4chan have to be taken down before that could happen
>>
>>26679013
22k uniqe visitors a month is fucking nothing dude.
This place barely stays afloat
>>
>>26679069
This. I went to /pol/ right when all the happenings happened right after each other and it was great. Now, I'm like "meh."
>>
>>26679129
>22k
Look again, please.
>>
>>26679129
>22k
22 million
>>
>>26679086
reddit is and has been the big influx of new posters for years tho, you literally have to be a retard not to nottice, tell me you havent notticed the site becoming slower either over the last couple of years, right now we are at a record low, 22k uniqe visitors doesnt even mean 22k regulars either
>>
>>26679069
yeah, you better find another hobby buddy, 4 chan is finally going down
>>
>>26679141
>>26679143
well yeah, its still going down tho, those 22m visitors were once 100m
and thats the thing the more visitors you loose the faster you start loosing them
>>
>>26679181
>reddit is and has been the big influx of new posters for years tho
Perhaps, I wouldn't know for sure. moot said reddit users integrate seamlessly into 4chan, again I wouldn't really know. What I can say is all the boards I browse are faster than they were in 2008, especially since update become popular.

>22k uniqe visitors doesnt even mean 22k regulars either
22 MILLION
even if 1/22 of those people were regulars...
>>
>>26678448
I'm turning 31 this year.

Thanks for reminding me of how the majority of the userbase is now underage or barely 20-something year old.

"robots"

>>26679129
>22k

you skipped a few zeroes there champ

>>26678545
I actually have a reddit account, and it comes close sometimes, but the whole upvote/downvote system is extremely stifling when it comes to hearing opinions. I find it's better for talking about things like video because is /v/ is such shit and /vg/ is a clusterfuck and other specific topics but overall just for general discussion this is the best site.
>>
>>26679274
>those 22m visitors were once 100m
source?
>>
>>26678448
I'm 28, I've been here since 2007. You aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>26679274
>tho
>those 22m visitors were once 100m [source?]
>loosing
>i don't capitalize or punctuate my sentences yah

Please go back to school, child.
>>
>>26678448
>tfw I'm turning 30 this year

You're here forever, sonny..
>>
>>26678545
This. I'll be sad to see this place go if it does in my lifetime. If 4chan's still here when I'm an old fuck, I will be, too.
>>
>>26679341
oh, hey there, me.
>>
I've been here since I was 17. I swore to myself that if I was still on this site in my 20s I would kill myself. I'm 26, now. If I said i wouldn't be here in my 30s, I'd probably be lying. I'm probably here until this place gets shut down or I finally get my act together.
>>
>>26679280
>Reddit users integrate seamlessly into 4Chan
That's a lie. They stick out like a sour thumb. They'll go to pol and cry racism and go to lit and talk about John Green.
>>
>>26679493
>They'll go to pol and cry racism and go to lit and talk about John Green.
and they always get shit on, I've also never seen an unironic John Green thread on /lit/.
>>
>>26678448

It's cute how you're trying to tie being a loser with being here and your age and trying to convince yourself that you'll leave here and not be a loser one day

Visiting a website at whatever age doesn't make you a loser - you're just a loser who happens to come here.

In fact, if you're under 25, you're definitely a fucking loser because this is a website for people who were 18 over 10 years ago.
>>
>>26679493
except that reddit can be even more racist and sexist and edgier than 4chan can be. Reddit users who get triggered don't actually come here, they just look at r/4chan
>>
File: 1449188256506.jpg (97 KB, 1072x544) Image search: [Google]
1449188256506.jpg
97 KB, 1072x544
This is a decent place for talking about lots of topics. It is fast paced, anonymous, and has a fun, although stupid many times) culture.
I've been here 5 years, and I don't want to stop coming. This is literally my favorite place on the Internet.
I do want to get my shit together and stop wasting so much time here, that's the difference.
>>
>>26679842
>reddit can be even more racist and sexist and edgier than 4chan can be.
the most racist shit I've seen on there is mostly the red pill subred and it's kind of mild compared to 4chan. Never heard anyone suggest violence or call blacks apes or anything like. 4chan is literally as racist as you can get. People here literally think blacks are not the same species as whites. At that point you're talking 17th century "I've just seen a nigger for the first time" shit
>>
>>26679969
>Never heard anyone suggest violence or call blacks apes or anything like.

there were popular subreddits called coontown and chimpout, there's still subreddits dedicated entirely to women getting punched in the face and assaulted, etc.

Reddit is just a website, once you look past the main page and default subs you can find what you're looking for (or don't want to see).
>>
>>26678448
by "gone" you mean suicide?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.