[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots into cigars? I recently tried some and I enjoy them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Unbenannt.jpg (532 KB, 2516x1110) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
532 KB, 2516x1110
Any robots into cigars? I recently tried some and I enjoy them quite well, but I already spent about 50 eurinos on cigars. How do I get a better taste for them? Right now, I can't really make out any distinct flavours. Are they getting any better above 10 eur? The really cheap ones taste bad and burn too hot I found. No idea about the expensive ones tho. Any recommendations?
>inb4 fedora hobby
>>
File: pb-nde.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pb-nde.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
i just enjoy being a pleb that smokes cheap ones every once in a while

i know that doesn't really help you, but for whatever it's worth i smoked this while i went through a pipe tobacco phase
>>
>>26678217

Cubans are best, but I smoke Henri Wintermans now and then, might have on in an hour or so.
>>
>>26678267
I tried pipe smoking too, but I never managed to get it to burn just right. Either it was too hot or it went out too fast. Even smoked 2 packs of tobacco before giving up.
>>
>>26678217
I've smoked cigars for 10 years now. Go for cubans, or if you're cheap, buy samplers. Cubans are easy to distinguish, but once you get used to them, everything else tastes like cigarettes. AMA.
>>
Every once in awhile I go down to the cigar lounge and pick one up. I usually smoke Nubs because they're small, but I also like Montecristos.

They have to be well humidified, though, otherwise they are dry and burn too bitter.
>>
What's a good entry-level yet quality cigar for someone who has never smoked?

I've never even tried cigarettes, but I want to get into cigars.
>>
File: kuroki18.png (168 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
kuroki18.png
168 KB, 400x480
A babyfaced manchild like me would look like an edgy tryhard faggot smoking a cigar.
>>
>>26680636
If you're looking to smoke in public or are concerned how it'll look, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

I've smoked literally thousands of cigars, 98% in the privacy of my own home. And I'm not a shut-in either, the laws are just really strict here.
>>
>>26680594
Define entry-level. I'd say go for Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs Cigar (in Germany they're like 5 USD a pop). Hand-made cubans, but still cheap and not complete shit.
>>
>>26680764
Entry-level as in, soft enough that a completely clueless guy can smoke one of them as his first. Therefore I'd like it to be relatively short and to have a taste that isn't too strong and overpowering.
Quality is still important
>>
>>26678217
Got a bunch of cigars from Cuba. Fuck smoking goverment cuban cigars. Gotta smoke them organic ones from the Pinar del rio province mahh niggaaas they be da baaast
>>
>>26680843
Alright then. R&J Mille Fleurs or something in its price range is the way to go.
>>
>>26680882
You think it'll be short enough to not last too long?
Thanks anon
>>
>>26678217
They're awesome but give me heart skips.
>>
>>26680957
How can they? You don't inhale the smoke
>>
>>26680933
Yeah, 30 minutes at max. Just don't draw too much, due to its modest cauge it can overheat easily.
>>
>>26681021
The tobacco is different from cigarettes. It'll absorb easier into your bloodstream via your mouth.
>>
>>26681021
You still absorb some nicotine from just taking it into your mouth, for someone who isn't used to them and doesn't smoke normally that could be enough to make you jittery
>>
tried smoking cigars, could never get used to not inhaling, been a cigarette smoker for 10 years
>>
>>26681240
You're not supposed to inhale cigars. Oh, and btw,
>cigarillos != cigars
>>
entry level sticks:

romeo y julieta 1875, macanudo cafe (or pretty much any macanudo), 5 vegas gold.

if you can handle any level of social interaction, just ask the shop attendant for a recommendation. tell him you're new to cigars and you want something light. they're not going to laugh at you because they want to sell you shit.

smoke slowly. this is going to be an adjustment if you're a cigarette smoker. take long, slow draws and hold the smoke in your mouth.

smoke until you feel like stopping, and then just set it down and let it go out by itself.

>tfw you can't buy cubans in the usa
>>
>>26681285

thats what im saying, i cannot get used to not inhaling
>>
>>26681625
My bad. I'm drunk.
>>
File: CAO_Italia.gif (14 KB, 179x191) Image search: [Google]
CAO_Italia.gif
14 KB, 179x191
i like cao italia and cao brazil i haven't smoked them for a while
>>
I've actually got a little black book going where I glue the bands in and write down the "smoked on" dates where I rate them, just started out though.

First one in it is a cohiba red dot and then it goes
>fuente gran reserva
>nub cameroon
>ghurka red witch
>fuente gran reserva (was a tiny nearly cigarette sized one)
>alec bradley american
>hand rolled cuban seed from a local place (mid-florida)
>dolores cubano

Before I started the book I had smoked more nubs, a rocky patel catch 22, and a bunch of esteban carreras chupacabras

Currently thinking about what to buy next.
>>
What do you drink while smoking?

I like Talisker whiskey
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.