[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /r9k/ want to be when they were a kid? >open up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1453752393071.png (96 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
1453752393071.png
96 KB, 600x650
What did /r9k/ want to be when they were a kid?

>open up CMD when im like 10
>think I'm some kind of elite hacker for knowing how to ping someone
>always mess around on school computers and would set a password on computers
>realize if i dont want to be a script kiddie i have to learn to program
>lose interest after trying to learn python

Holy fuck I was autistic
>>
I wanted be a writer. I would always right stories and poems in my middle/high school clases. I eventually realized how shit I am at organization and grammar and gave up.
>>
>>26677969
A military general.
>>
I wanted to be a paleontologist. Probably because I grew up during the dinosaur craze that followed Jurassic Park.
>>
>>26677969
I wanted to be a carpenter or blacksmith or something like that.
Now I am studying economics informatics.
I would say I hate my life, but it is not like it was my choice.
>>
>>26677969
I wanted to be a Theoretical Physicist or an Astrophysicist. I was obsessed with it as a kid and had posters from NASA all over my room of things like the ISS planned layout and time schedule for assembly, various imagoes and analysis of other galaxies in non visible wavelengths, pictures of various planets including Mars and Earth, and many other space related things. I also had my father read me physics books as bed time stories.
>>
>>26678288
What are you now?

original
>>
>>26677969
nothing, and it hasn't changed
>>
>>26677969
I literally wrote a serial killer in one of my middle school textbooks, i remember my parents were called to school and shit. Somewhere along the way a dentist, chef and a fashion designer
>>
>>26678247
Carpentry is a pretty shitty trade to work, a lot of it can be picked up working around them in one of the more complex trades. I'm an electrician though so I hate those fuckers
>>
>>26678676
I don't know if I used the right word because my english is limited
Basicly I meant working with wood, like furniture or that spinning thing with what you can make bowls, vases etc.
No neccesary laying wooden floors.
>>
>>26677969
I wanted to be president of the United States or a professor in medical micro biology
>>
>>26677969
A witch with a broom and everything
>>
>>26678774
Either that or an alien
I was hoping I'd be pulled out of my body and this was all some weird experiment, and then I'd be able to look on from aboard a spaceship and observe earth or fly away to somewhere that doesn't suck
Literally thought my parents weren't my real parents until I was like 12 (and sometimes still do)
>>
>>26677969
I wanted to be a serial killer

Not fucking around here...
>>
>>26678719
Ah, that's definitely cooler. I thought you meant the construction type. Woodworker would be a little more specific of a term for that sort of thing.
>>
>>26677969
I wanted to make games until I was like 16. Then chemical engineer. Going middle ground with mechanical engineering
>>
>>26678834
Thanks, my grandad did this for a living and he pretty much taught me basics, figuret the rest of it by myself.
>>
>>26678433
I work part time in an afterschool program for Autistic kids up to 21. I mostly watch for busses, get the kids from the busses inside, call bingo numbers for bingo class, serve snack, and clean the kitchen. I have also been taking classes part time on and off at a community college.
>>
File: Crestfallen Jesus.jpg (530 KB, 1600x1403) Image search: [Google]
Crestfallen Jesus.jpg
530 KB, 1600x1403
>>26678676
>>26678719
>>26678834
Fuck you guys. Carpentry is cool.
>>
>>26678870
I'm not saying the work isn't cool, it's just a shitty construction job.
>>
>>26678183
muh fossil bro

>>26678676
are you talking about finish carpenters or framers? because fuck framers, finish carpenters are alright. painters are the worst though. electricians-you guys are a mixed bag and in my experience most likely to go on the job "ops, my estimate only included labor when you asked for labor and materials."
>>
>>26677969

Train engineer. I used to ride my bike over to the tracks and see how close I could get to touching one. I still love me some trains.
>>
File: babbytales6.gif (83 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
babbytales6.gif
83 KB, 640x400
I said "vet" when people asked, but I didn't even want to be a vet.
I wanted there to be a cool magical reason for my being different, and to go live in a place where I would fit in.
>>
File: 1430274753093.gif (97 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
1430274753093.gif
97 KB, 498x594
>>26677969
Firefighter > Cop > Soldier > Astronaut > Videogame Designer > Videogame Programer > NEET
>>
>>26677969

I wanted to be a pilot. Even openly proclaimed it all the time in class and when I left my teacher even gave me a book about civil flight machines as a parting gift.
Then I got shit eyesight and became an autistic defeatist who can not even drive a car properly.
>>
I wanted to work at McDonald's. At the time, their soft serve ice cream was new, and I was obsessed with it. My line of reasoning was that I would have an unlimited supply of that ice cream if I worked there.

I was an unachieving fatass even as a ten year old
>>
>>26677969
>age:0-4, didn't care
>age:5-9, writer, doctor or scientist
>age:10-13, engineer or programmer
>age:14-16, physicist or mathematician
>age:17-18, EE, physicist or biochemist
>age:19-now, dead
>>
>>26678910
Framers, every one I've worked with has been a whiny bitch
>>
File: 1452744353082.png (1 MB, 750x1009) Image search: [Google]
1452744353082.png
1 MB, 750x1009
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a computer programmer or a successful businessman.

Now I want to be a racing driver.

I feel like I went backwards.
>>
>>26679211
yeah.

you also get an incompetent framing crew on the job and it messes things up for everyone. every time we fail a building inspection it's because the framers fucked up or skipped a go-bolt trying to cut corners.
>>
>>26677969
I did the same thing OP. Now I'm a software developer :( Shit sucks. I'll be finished with my economics degree soon and then I can do something with my life.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.