[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's my dream to move out of the US and start a new life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: iCim4eXE_400x400.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
iCim4eXE_400x400.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
It's my dream to move out of the US and start a new life completely cutting off comtact with everyone from my old one including family. What is the easiest country to do this in.
>>
I want to do this too and live in the woods or something
I would feel so free
Too bad I have no skills so it'd mean having to work hard
>>
USA is so fucking big that moving country is retarded

Just move state, nigger
>>
>>26676457
I have no skills or experience. There is nowhere in the US I can afford to live alone.
>>
BUMP

ORIGaMi COMMMENT
>>
>>26676310
Iceland is easy
That or the Philippines
>>
>>26676512

If you've got a strong back and don't complain about long hours, most states will have some sort of local labor that pays well.
>>
good luck getting a visa to stay out of the states. best bet is getting a study visa and going europe mate
>>
Probably Canada but it's harder to immigrate here than you think. Unless you're a refugee you need to earn $30,000 a year. My advice if you come here is to look for a job in construction.
>>
>>26676310
go to north korea ask em to loan you a rocket get your things your heading to mars

cause earth is fucked
>>
>>26676702
Can't handle the pressure of college and physical health problems destroyed my GPA when I tried community college here. I'd consider trying again somewhere else, but I don't have enough money to pay for an education if I have to. I can definitely do physical labor.

>>26676696
I have no idea what things you're referring to, honestly. I live in New Jersey.
>>
>>26676310
>What is the easiest country to do this in.

That depends on what you do and what you earn. If your skills are in demand, for example stonemasons are in huge demand in Australia.

What do you do?
>>
>>26676670
I'll look into these. My dream if I ever develop any skills is Japan and not because of any anime weeb shit.
>>
>>26676310
Sell your anus
>>
>>26676839
My appearance is not even the tiniest bit feminine and there's no way I ever could.
>>
>>26676808
I'm willing to learn skills if I could be taught but I have none right now. Work a shitty overnight job at Target stocking and trying to switch to CostCo.
>>
>>26676909
>I have none right now.

It's not impossible to move, but it's made significantly easier by being in demand for your skills.

You can re-train (I did it. Went from being a clerk to a techie) but it does take time and effort.

May I suggest a different route: unskilled labour in foreign countries. There are myriad openings for outgoing personable people to work in holdiday resorts overseas. Maybe look in to that.
>>
>>26676827

nahh mate not japan, you're crazy, life is expensive there.

Maybe eastern europe, but it might be a big culture shock, and some of the countries are somewhat shitholes. I kind of liked Romenia.

if you want a more relaxed lifestyle and less expensive cost of living while maintaining western values maybe look into Spain or Portugal, finding a decent job might be hard, but im sure you can find something in construction or something related.
>>
>>26676881
Just sell it anon, make them work for it.
>>
>>26676795
>>26676827
So you want to move out on your own but you're unwilling to actually put the work or research in, typical millenial. Here are some things you can do to take the reigns.
Apply for an oil rig job, either offshore or in north dakota. Hard work, good pay, long vacations.
Apply for a job at an alaskan fishery or cannery--smell's bad but the pay's decent and it doesn't get more remote than AK.
Enlist in the navy, you'll do a lot of travelling and open some doors skill wise.
Enroll in a trade school, and specialize into something like plumbing or HVAC
>>
Join the French foreign legion
>>
>>26676795
edumacation can be 'free' in europe. i know to an american this is a unusual concept. if you can't handle the pressure of that how will you live in a completely different culture you know nothing about?
>>
Philippines

because even if your ugly in your neighborhood, once you go there you would be treated like a celebrity and anyone would be friendly as fuck and even the considered beauties there would want to fuck you, plus if you have 50k and go there your gonna be living the rich life son
>>
>>26677017
I look shit up all the time and can never find any useful information. I've rhoughr about really working on getting into better shape and joining the military, but if they would even overlook my physical and mental health issues, I don't want a 20 year comittment to the US.

Afraid to spend money on a trade school and only have one for nursing jobs nearby.

I'll remember the other stuff you mentioned and consider it.

>>26677000
I'll research those but Japan sounds fine to me. I don't want luxury. I have a compulsion to collect and become obsessive over anything I'm interested in so I have to cut off all kinds of hobbies and interests completely. I just want a simple 1 room apartment and minimal possessions working some useful job.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 940x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 940x528
>>26676783
>implying a north korean rocket would work
>>
>>26677126
I don't know how to make you believe me, I can't take the pressure because of a need in my mind to do things perfectly and an obsession with numbers.. Twst grades and possible points out of a maximum.

Money is my biggest source of anxiety, has been my whole life because of conditions I've lived under.. Having money on the line with classes was a very stressful part of college for me.
>>
>>26677231
Will consider this heavily. Also thought about Thailand. Uust afraid of eventually running out of my relatively valuable American money. But if I was rich and could learn skills somewhere while nlt worrying about money, that'd be paradise.
>>
Bump BuMP origamib omment
>>
join the merchant navy (no joke)
>>
>>26677782
This I straight up never heard of. Hmm.
>>
Literally the epitome of cringe kid. So you think that moving location is going to somehow affect your work ethic? lol.

From what I gathered is you're a NEET individual. Work never went beyond a menial job (Because hey it pays a little and someday I'll have someone hold my hand and move me into a better job) and minimal school (I took a couple classes and realized I cannot afford to fund my shitty work ethic). So after living a life lacking fulfillment you decide that perhaps it will be better in a different place (But not a state because these type of life changes happen internationally and stateside won't do.).

The reality? No matter where you move you will still be a lazy unmotivated fuck. You have a pipe dream that whenever you move you will suddenly gain some sort of drive (Spoiler: Nope.) and become a somewhat useful participant in society. Very similar to the people who believe that technology is their life and move to California without ANY preparation at all and end up all the same way. Broke, worse off than before, and now in a city full of strangers.
The only silver lining you're seeing to this idea is that at least you'll be in a country where people will be remotely interested in knowing you because you are of a different race.
>>
>>26678146
To sum up, Suck it up, get some IT Certs and start actually working towards a goal (One that doesn't involve finishing a season of an anime). This will be your only salvation and any other move would be just short of retarded and a hindrance at most. Please take notice and actually think about shit realistically.
>>
>>26678146
Uh.. No. Everything is the way I said it. I'm not lying, but thanks for the bump.

>>26678180
Same to you.
>>
Don't change countries, just change states and quit Facebook if you still use that cave painting bullshit.

A different country is just gonna make it to expensive and difficult with culture differences. Your basically making your dream impossible so you don't feel like you failed when you don't do it.

If you think cutting all connections is hard, your way to dependent on others at the moment.
>>
>>26677890
It's more often called the Merchant Marine.
>>
>>26676512
You have no skills but you want to move to another country
>>
>>26678693
I don't use any social media because like anything else, I get too addicted. I didn't get any education until high school, which is a long story, almost never had a parent around and was stupid as a kid doing nothing but playing video games, which I haven't done in a while.

I didn't learn anything or develop any interests growing up. The only thing I really ever enjoyed was learning Japanese.. Health problems got in the way but I want to fet back on it. Learning languages is all I ever enjoyed or was good at, but I'm willing to learn anything that'll get me to another country if I don't have to pay for college. I have no problem working hard, to the disbelief of some anons.

Another state, I wouldn't mind but I don't see a way to afford living on my own. As much as I want to have a life more free from technology, I'd do it if I had a path, some anon mentioned IT certifications.
>>
>>26676512
Where have you looked? Throw a dart at the map and pick a small town. There cheap as shit and pretty white if that is a thing to you.

I'm guessing you might be good at computers as a robot and that could be good work in a small farm town. With target experience you could always find a Walmart to work at until you find something better
>>
>>26678893
I've tried finding cheap apartments anywhere I could.. Memphis, TN seemed real cheap but the 10.50 probably soon 11.00 something an hour still wouldn't be good enough.

If I had some kind of path with computers, technology, if I could learn useful skills I'd do it.. I'm willing to work hard with that, but even as a little kid I wasn't creative and had not even a kid's idea of what I wanted to do. So creating something is out.
>>
>>26678813
Can I ask what your current living situation is like? How much you got in the bank? I understand if these are too personal but it will help feel out your life and what's possible

Don't mean to act like I'm smart and will figure your life out like some tool, but I have moved far from home and cut most of my ties besides seeing life long friends and family a couple times a year.

It will help a lot in your search for happiness, I went from a small farm town to Detroit and have never looked back
>>
>>26679056
>>26678893
>>26678693
These are all me op just so you don't think your talking to multiple people
>>
>>26679056
I live with my mom right now. Whatever health problem I have, makes me fatigued all the time, effects my memory and concentration. I've gone to doctors since this started 6 years ago, taken meds, taken herbs, nothing helps. Currently trying to see if I have a gluten sensitivity, since I just read about that and celiac disease.

I only have about $5,500. Until last year I was stupid and wasted money on games and anime, which never made me happy really but they filled some kind of void I guess. I never had fun though.

I worked a crappy job my mom got me woth low hours and minimum wage until October because with my fatigue I thought I wouldn't be able to stay awake.. But I've been doing alright doing 90% of the tossing shit out and running palettes at Target where I started in October just exhausted and sleep all day afterwards.

Was afraid to work at Target because my first job at Six Flags, I'd fall asleep driving home after getting out at night, had a lot of near accidents.

I buy almost nothing anymote and save kust about everything I make, take every hour I can get, come early and stay late.
>>
>>26679183
Well your looking great financially, that could in theory get you anywhere in the U.S. And hold you over for a month to find work, of course you should try to have something in line before moving but either way it could work.

Are you wanting a big city or something in the middle of no where?

Does your mother have your blessing? As in if shit hit the fan moving back home is an option?

Big city's have a lot of big business, that could be good with your health, low physical entry level jobs like being the mail guy or security guard

Small towns could be hard to find a decent paying job that's not labor focused but the rent would be a lot cheaper, like 300 a month for a decent apartment.

Wish I could help you more, you sound like a decent guy
>>
>>26679397
I don't particularly care about the area, just something afffordable. I know my mom would let me move back in for sure.

I appreciate even mentioning the mail and security things, those are entirely things I'd be willing to do if I'm staying in this country. I've had difficulty finding apartments around 300 anywhere but I guess the info I've looked at didn't show anything other than cities.

You gave me stuff to consider, I appreciate you taking me seriously unlike some anons.
>>
>>26678893
I'd agree with this poster - there are a LOT of places in the US that are easier to live in than most places in Europe. And, it won't cost nearly as much to fly/move there. You can just drive and be done.

Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc. The south is super cheap.
>>
>>26679658
No problem dude, just remember that all the cards won't fall in line over night. It's gonna be over whelming at first, I've had nights where I would cry thinking I was failing and I would have to move back or I wasn't making enough money, but after living in second or third choice places, changing companies that gave me better offers and honing my trade, moving from apartments to bedrooms in shared houses with German interns, to now my own house, over the last 3 years you get used to the responsibility.

Roommates are a great way to save money but can make life miserable if you don't get along

Best part of going somewhere no one knows you is the stories and experiences you might have. You got to make life fun without the friends you may already have, like I said earlier I lived with a bunch of Germans my age and that was a great chapter in my life. Met some freaks and went to a rave on acid and Molly, I've built million dollar mansions, etc

I know it's cliche but it's a big world out there dude be open to anything and everything.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.