[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw diagnosed autism spectrum disorder What sort of God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1455294731572.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1455294731572.png
75 KB, 325x244
>tfw diagnosed autism spectrum disorder

What sort of God would do something like this to a man? It's the worst kind of disease; an invisible one of the mind that affects your behavior, which can be chalked up to you just being an asshole or being lazy. And doubly so if you're a man, because it compromises the one thing that separates us from animals, the ability to socialize with other human beings.

This isn't so much of a problem if you're a woman, because then you're considered quirky. As a man, it just makes you a creep, a loser, a lazy piece of shit, a weirdo, an awkward faggot. It compromises your ability to get employment, to complete basic day to day activities, and your sense of purpose. You're not even viewed as a human being, and you can tell by the way people subtly change their tone when they talk to you, their body language, that mixture of pity and revulsion you can feel coming off them. At best, you're a dancing bear, a party trick that people pull out(Hey, check out anon, he can name every state capital!), or a machine that can write code or move boxes.

Dehumanization is the very foundation that psychological torture tactics of today are based on, and the sense of alienation and disconnection from the world is something that only other autists can empathize with. Autism is a virtual death sentence, both figuratively and literally(suicide rates and average age of death)for the modern male of today.
>>
File: 1409884087616.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1409884087616.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
I got diagnosed a few months ago. I already knew what the results was gonna say but I still felt sad.
>>
How about stop letting people know you're autistic?

Also, you should write man, that was pretty well done, that last paragraph in particular.
>>
Hold out hope for gene therapy. It may never come to market because of the controversy involved in trying to 'cure' autism, but there's always hope.
>>
>>26675477
I don't tell them, but most can tell something is wrong with you within 5 minutes of talking to you. It's difficult to cope with the fact that people are always thinking "What the fuck is wrong this this kid?" when they interact with you.
>>
>>26675486
why is getting rid of mental conditions so controversial to normies? they always say that life is sacred and that people are perfect the way they are even when none of them actually believe it
>>
>>26675537
It's a cognitive dissonance thing. When you have a kid with some kind of mental condition that's preventing him from integrating with and functioning in society, you start to rationalize things by thinking it's a gift, or that there's nothing wrong with him, and it's everyone else who's the problem. Notice that it's usually the parents who are behind these campaigns, you don't see too many people actually affected by it coming out to hold signs.
>>
Autism is a gift.
>>
>>26675400
Get a hobby and suddenly it's the greatest asset you will ever have.
>>
>>26675604
yeah maybe if consider speedrunning mario or memorizing state capitals a gift
>>
>>26675400
God doesn't exist. You just got fucked over by random chance.
>>
>>26675604
In what way is autism a fucking gift!?
>>
>>26675645
Gift from Satan
>>
>>26675604
I agree, when aimed at the right direction, it's a gift. Loook at newton or gauss or bach
>>
File: full-metal-racial.gif (962 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
full-metal-racial.gif
962 KB, 500x271
>>26675400
>because it compromises the one thing that separates us from animals, the ability to socialize
Except that animals can do that. Autists can't.
So you're literally less evolved than an animal.
>>
>>26675863
I know, that's the point
>>
>>26675638
>>26675645
Improved reasoning and logic
>>
Being autistic feels like being a half robot. You can still communicate and have some emotions, but not enough to truly connect with people.

I have been in relationships with women, but my connection to them was limited. I enjoyed their company and talking with them, but I didn't connect to them on an emotional level like they did with me. I had good friends too, but never connected with them either.

Or, It's like half my soul is ripped out of my body. I can still function, but I'm not quite there.
>>
>>26675922
In exchange for terrible social skills. Thanks god :D
>>
>>26676114
I feel the same way. Autism is like the retarded cousin of psychopathy, because it has a lot of the same features like inability to feel or empathize, but lacks the positives like superficial charm and charisma.

I don't feel emotions as much as I recognize them like things out of a textbook and respond accordingly(he's talking about things he wants to do, ask about hobbies, etc.) Watching the RSD videos helped me a lot, because I just ape their behaviors and apply it to whatever situation it needs to be applied to.
>>
>>26675922
It's not really improved though. It's more like a computer logic where some things work but a lot of shit in reality doesn't work like that. It's why they can't socialize they're like
>why won't they input data as a integer
>cannot take string value and interpret results
It ends up being bad logic. You ever try to argue with an autist? They're worldview is smaller than their cocks
>>
>>26675922

> improved reasoning and logic
> tries to reasonably assert that autism is a gift

kek. It's only a gift because you don't understand the value of human interaction and can only comprehend in terms of black and white.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.