[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IQ too high?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
is it possible to have an IQ too high? like when youre at the point where every traditional learning path bores you so much that its impossible to finish an education? im unable to finish any education because im just too fucking bored to go to school and do homework, so i dont score on tests because it asks questions ive never heard before. I just found an IQ test of when I was like 12, and its 167. Now I dont have a job and might have to work the rest of my life in some dumb factory. Am I fucked?
>>
no, you're just a dumb slacker who's really good at solving pattern puzzles
>>
No, you're just way too fucking dumb to even realize how retarded you are and you delude yourself into thinking you're intelligent so your self esteem doesn't crumble.
>>
>>26672560
>I'm smart but lazy XD
>>
Being intelligent doesn't mean you are owed anything.
>>
>>26672560
That just means you're lazy, which makes you worse-off and more useless than someone who scores an average IQ.

What's the point of having high cognitive ability if you don't want to fill your head with knowledge and have the ambition to learn new things? Einstein was a genius but he still challenged himself with high level mathematics and discovering/inventing new concepts. This doesn't happen without hard work and the desire to push yourself.
>>
>>26672596
damn you got me dude that hurt a lot
>>
>le smart but lazy meme

Some people actually believe this.
>>
>>26672892
ouch man dont hurt me like that be nice or give good advce dont pull this shit on me
>>
>justifying being a failure with an """""IQ test"""""

People like you are the cancer of our species.
>>
It takes more than intelligence to succeed.

OP, many talented people, including those with physical and social talents, often coast through a lot of life on inborn aptitude and thus, don't deal with much struggle.

What we failed to learn is how to cope with failure, frustration, and toil.

All those fuckups? They learned how to keep their composure and somehow scrape by, even though they are shit at what they do. That's an actual valuable skill.

Time to grow a backbone to support what you've already got in spades. In this world, we all eventually hit a wall and have to fight.
>>
>>26672560
>2016
>falling for the IQ meme
actual intelligence does hardly have anything to do with that test. deal with it and stop being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>26672621
This, people always about hurrdurrgenetics but they forget that what make people great is hard work
>>
>>26672681
I wasn't trying to hurt you, just saying what I think. Which is probably the truth.
If you think I'm trying to hurt you I'm probably right and you're on denial. I couldn't care less about hurting an anonymous user on the net.
>>
If a high IQ had the side effect of being a lazy piece of shit, then Albertus einsteinus would have never done anything.
>>
>>26672560
IQ doesn't matter as much as social ability t b h

t. a NEET with a professionally tested IQ of 158
>>
I got 162 on the raven IQ test.
That might explain why I enjoy working with autists

http://www.free-iq-test.org/
>>
On a related note; I have a decently high IQ, but I don't trust my memory. How do I obtain a near perfect memory? I'm still unsure how I actually remember some stuff while I forget something else.
>>
>>26674467

got 56 right answers in the ravens test, am i stupid or autist?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.