[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be an artist, an author, a musician, a poet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: it all comes tumbling down.png (289 KB, 553x463) Image search: [Google]
it all comes tumbling down.png
289 KB, 553x463
>you will never be an artist, an author, a musician, a poet
>you will never be talented
>you will never be imaginative
>you will never create
>you will never inspire others with your work
>>
With that mindset you won't.
>>
>implying my opinions aren't poetry
>implying my shitposts aren't an inspiration to us all
>implying i'm not god's gift to the world
>>
>>26672417
>Been practicing the piano.
>Always wanted to play as a child but life just kept fucking me over.
>Took me a month just to figure out how to play a C Major scale.
>Something clicks.
>Learn the next four scales in one day.

>tfw wizard and my magic is finally starting to kick in
>>
>>26672417
sucks to be you then senpai
>>
>implying I haven't gotten one of my short stories published
>implying I'm not working on my novel
>implying my poetry hasn't been translated into one whole language
Feels good, man. Almost makes up for the fact that my life is garbage in literally every other aspect.
>>
>>26672417
>thinking beinga poet is nice
Poetry is basically a mental illness, it makes you go through anguish before you produce and creative sterility after that. It is nothing to be envied, and if you personally envy somebody who seems like his poetry is making his life better, they are in all probability a poser.
>>
File: received_10208103736528339.jpg (57 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
received_10208103736528339.jpg
57 KB, 633x758
I got legit depressed thinking that i have to take bass lesons to learn to play some shit.... I suck at drawning too , may be some kind of art retard.
>>
>tfw programmer
>enlightened by Data oriented design and exploratory programming enough that the path to my goal is clear
>too lazy
I'm getting fit. Should probably be a good way to get rid of laziness right?
>>
>tfw almost all artists and creators started as children
>tfw even if you start now and put in the same thousands of hours you will never amount to anything because you didn't start as a young child when your brain was still malleable
>tfw even their abilities degrade after their late twenties anyway
>>
>>26672417

>tfw love music and literature
>tfw been playing guitar for 10 years, bass for 4, piano for a year-ish, and just started cello lessons
>tfw wrote 1 song 6 years ago that people kind of liked
>tfw wrote 1 short story 6 years ago that my teacher fawned over
>tfw will never have that same creative spark again

I don't like these feels

>>26673072

You can't expect your mind to be in peak condition if you neglect your body, so yes that's a good start anon
>>
File: 1455813688873.jpg (225 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1455813688873.jpg
225 KB, 500x364
>>26672885
>implying I haven't gotten one of my short stories published
post it
>implying my poetry hasn't been translated into one whole language
post it

post it
post it
post it
>>
>tfw no fun
everything sucks, halp
>>
>>26673111
>mind in peak condition
Yeah I hadn't even thought much about that. I'm fine in that department. It's just that I'm stuck finding ways to make trivial things faster. Like in the extreme of myself if I were to design a language every case sensitive letter would correspond to something huge. It's just all the code messing about that bothers me.

Perhaps this isn't my peak condition. What this problem really is is attention span. I can't really handle making changes that take a long time simply because they touch so many things.

I wish JAI was out. It seems like the perfect solution for me.
most of this is just me writing my thoughts down because I like to, you don't have to respond
>>
>>26673108
it actually dosent take that long to hit the spot were you are good enough to create but 10 years away from making a masterpiece
>>
File: file.png (41 KB, 783x204) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41 KB, 783x204
>there are people who unironically believe that talent doesn't exist
>>
>used to draw funny, edgy comics in 7th grade
>were extremely popular, everyone asked to read them
>was popular for a short time
>started a fad where everyone was writing their own comics
>got on the school newspaper (not with comics but with a funny essay)
>popularity lasted through the 9th grade
>was a loser after that, fell into depression partly caused by parents marital issues
>now am 24
>haven't done anything creative but write shitty poetry since (which I've now stopped for the past few years)
>still have big ideas but zero energy to actually commit them to paper
>just a dead-eyed wageslave

I peaked too soon.
>>
>>26673136
>tying your name to a """racist,""" """misogynistic""" Mongolian basket-weaving forum in an overwhelmingly left-wing and liberal industry
Career suicide, family.
>>
I do shitty writefaggotry for a different board, it got pretty popular. Of course, 4chan isn't the place for high-quality literature.
>>
>ywn be a seal
>ywn kill terrorists
>ywn die in a heroic way and get a medal of honor

Feels bad man
>>
>>26673250
People like to believe that everyone is equal and capable of the same things. They don't want their just-world delusions to get shattered.

"Good things happen to good people who work hard, bad things happen to bad people who are lazy!"
>>
>>26673435

Save for the actually mentally retarded, I generally believe that to be true. Most people are capable of learning an instrument and getting good at it; or writing, or painting, or whatever else. Not everyone will be GREAT at it or be genius artists, but most people can attain some semblance of skill.
>>
>>26673250
>my fingers have calluses built in from the guitar strings
oh wow you must have put in some serious hours dudeski
>>
>>26673494
Maybe when they're a child. Children are malleable, adults are not-so-malleable.
>>
File: 112BabySealCloseup.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
112BabySealCloseup.jpg
111 KB, 1024x768
>>26673372
>ywn be a seal
feels bad man
>>
>>26673250
It's a rather strange thought. Because scientists universally agree that the information in our brain is stored in the strength of the bonds (and effectively the weaknesses) between the synapses. Those bonds are everywhere. But we don't start off knowing everything. But the bonds have to be there. Are they all equally strong throughout the development of the brain? No clearly not because children respond to their environment in the longterm.

I don't see how anyone could think there's no coincidental talent at the very least.
>>
>>26673531
Also children have a state that seems to be where they start off. They scream when they're young. They know how to work their limbs to some degree.
>>
File: 1396561372222.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1396561372222.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>tfw trying to get good at drawing
I'll tell you this, one of the hardest things for me to do is to fucking get up and actually practice the art. It's like trying to force magnets of the same polarity together.

But then there are some sessions where I don't hate what I've created. Some sessions where my idea and the thing I've drawn come very close to being exact. And that feels nice. It does not happen often.
>>
>>26673527

For example, you can still learn a language as an adult. Will you sound like a native? Probably not (unless you live there for years), but you can get pretty damn close. There's been recent research that points to the adult brain being more plastic than previously thought, as well.
Probably not to the same extent as children, you're right, but still, that's literally not a reason to not try to git gud at shit.
>>
>>26673255
when i was that age, i used to draw comics as well, which made me fairly popular. i even got to hang with the skater kids because they liked how i drew flames and "graffiti" on their textbooks.
>>
>>26672417
I posted a poem once, got 0 replies
A girl told me I was really talented in the way I love, she left
I once imagined I could interact with the world in a positive way, I got abused almost all my life
I once created a business and gave it to someone else, he ruined it in a week
I inspired a few people how to interact with each other in a more harmonious way. Few days later they're best friends and bullied someone else to suicide

I will try till the bitter end, never stop to act in what you believe.
the flavour is already really bitter, it must be near
>>
>>26672748
how did it take you a month to figure out "just hit all the white keys"
>>
File: 1450589653960.jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450589653960.jpg
90 KB, 640x640
>>26673250
because it doesn't anon, pic fucking related
>>
File: ross.png (505 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
ross.png
505 KB, 640x430
>>26674536
it doesn't become true just because TV painterman says it
>>
>>26674536
I'd say the same if I wanted people to watch my shit painting show

>We don't make mistakes here, just happy little accidents
lmao desu
>>
>>26674536
Talent does exist. Just like any form of intelligence, or intellect, you're born with a disadvantage, average, or advantage. Most of the power is in training but surely not all.

A good start is half the work, they say.
>>
>>26674663

you're right. you actually have to practice something you want to be good at. you know that thing that takes time and effort
>>
>>26674890
and i'll never be better than someone with innate talent
>>
>>26674906

you don't need talent to make it. just a gimmick
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.