[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /empty/ here? I think I'm embracing apathy and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 288x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 288x378
Who /empty/ here?

I think I'm embracing apathy and it's pretty scary.

I don't want a girlfriend.
I don't want friends.
I don't want a family and kids.
I don't want to participate in the rat race.
I don't want to live a "decent, normal life" and "be happy".

I just want to be left alone forever, free do to what I want to do without being bothered by all of society's bullshit.
As far as I remember I've never had a lot of empathy nor been an outwardly emotional person. I've always found other people to overreact to things and to be shameless with how they displayed their emotions.
I'm stoic and appear cold, and although I feel love, happiness and all that, my overall emotional state is mostly indifference, stress or mild anger - sometimes guilt as well for no identifiable reason.
I can't seem to find a meaning to anything. I lack morals, I don't have aspirations or objectives since nothing seems to have a purpose. I just survive every day.

Can anyone relate? I feel like I'm drifting out of touch.
>>
>>26670199

enjoy the ride nigger

last stop is spending every day distracting yourself until you can go back to sleep

I wish I could sleep and sleep forever
>>
Think about the extinction of the white race, that should pick you up.
>>
become a lonely farmer in a flyover state
>>
Congratulations, you have reached the pinnacle of robothood.

Not many have entered this state of being, though many believe they have.

But you, anon, are a true robot.

You are now free to look down upon normalshits as you exist in a higher plane of existence.
>>
>>26670199
It's depression. Look it up. Depression isn't being sad, it's a lack of feeling. You need to get a psychologist to prescribe you Lexapro or something to give your dopamine receptors a boost.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x281
>>26670199
You are not alone op. I find consolation in shamelessly seeking pleasure in the form of drugs, maybe you can find something to fill the hole too
>>
>>26670283
Is it really going to end like this?
I don't mind, really. I just want my existence to be as devoid of pain as possible.
>>26670288
I don't care enough to get involved.
>>26670300
I'd like to move to America precisely so that I could remove myself from civilization in the mountains of a flyover state. The scenery is very nice.
>>26670334
Is this what it means to be a robot? Just not care anymore?
I used to be insecure like a lot of people here. I still have a bit of insecurity but I mostly stopped caring.
>>26670338
Perhaps it's depression. I don't really want it to stop though, that's the scary part. I don't mind being depressed if that's what it is, happiness doesn't motivate me. I want loneliness, silence and comfort.
>>26670341
What drugs do you use, out of curiosity?
Yeah, I sort of "fill the void" with 4chan, anime and other crap. I've found that I can easily spend time doing nothing without getting very bored though, so sometimes I'll just do nothing for a while and relax.
>>
>>26670455
Robots can come in all forms.

You, however, are like the final form of a robot.

It's not necessarily a bad thing either. Not caring about anything, no more anxiety, no more worrying.
>>
>>26670486
I see.
I still have feelings though. They're just fleeting (which is what I suppose makes me feel guilty sometimes).
I'm in college and so I "have to" work at least occasionally in order to pass, I guess that makes me worry a bit sometimes. But I don't worry about my life as much as I want my family to leave me alone, that's why I haven't become a NEET (yet).
>>
File: 1443457023772.jpg (4 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1443457023772.jpg
4 KB, 234x250
>>26670199
I don't want a girlfriend.
I don't want friends.
I don't want a family and kids.
I don't want to participate in the rat race.
I don't want to live a "decent, normal life" and "be happy".

But I also:

Don't enjoy anime anymore.
Don't enjoy vidya anymore.
Don't enjoy anything, including lifting, anymore.

>JUST
>>
>>26670634
You're deeper down in the rabbit hole than I am, anon.
Is this a logical consequence of being apathetic for too long?
Why don't you enjoy these things anymore?

Escapism is basically one of the few things I like doing because imagining another universe that isn't as boring and empty as this one is nice. How do you grow numb to it?
>>
>>26670670
Because it's just staring at a screen and clicking. After a few years it usually gets old.

I used to watch 10 - 16 anime per season, but now I'm down to 0 - 3 shows. If it's anything in a school setting then it's just based on a normie teen's reality. If it's a fantasy show then it's still based on how normies interact IRL. etc.

My point is that this universe is only boring and empty if you lost the genetic lottery. We all have base instinctual needs: Food, sex and companionship. If I were a normie then I'd enjoy day to day interactions more. But since I'm not I get treated like shit so I don't enjoy it.
>>
>>26670783
I don't know, man. I think normies delude themselves as well. There's ultimately nothing valuable or meaningful about reality.
I don't even care about normies and the genetic lottery, I've accepted my fate. Given that I don't want pussy and that jacking off is enough to relieve my needs, I'm indifferent to normies and not really jealous or bitter anymore
>>
>have good job and career prospects
>more money than I know what to do with
>have friends I go out with
>feel empty inside and dull the sensation with alcohol every day
>>
>>26670199
up to here
>I just want to be left alone forever, free do to what I want to do without being bothered by all of society's bullshit.
I am 100% with you.

I still have empathy, very emotional. At least I can make myself be emotional. I can change my emotions from cold to extremely outgoing. I usually prefer to stay "cold" because its less exhausting.

My meaning in life is to observe the world. Until I die.
>>
>>26670936
You can choose whether to feel emotions or not?

Do you naturally feel for others and just drown that empathy or the opposite?

When I said I didn't have empathy, I meant that I don't usually feel bad for other people or relate to them. I do feel sorry for people occasionally but it's pretty rare, and strangely, applies to situations that aren't that sad. For example, I can't recall the last time I felt sorry for a kid, but just a few hours ago I felt bad for seemingly no reason when I thought about my sister. I can't seem to find a meaning to it.
>>
>>26670199
Op you just need to leave the comfort zone.
It happened to me a few years ago, I did nothing else but playing vidya and watching shows all afternoon and night, and sleep the rest of the day. I wasn't answering my phone, I didn't talk to anybody, not even online. Until one day my sister broke into my room, grabbed me from my shoulder, slapped me right in the fucking face and said "YOU FUCKWIT BETTER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER OR I'LL KEEP SLAPPING YOU UNTIL YOU DIE".

So I did.
I left my comfort zone (my room, the PC) and went on a trip to Brazil, were my brother was living atm. To afford the flight expenses I had to sell lots of shit, including my PC. And that was my salvation.

Traveling can make miracles. Now I'm again a happy and full person, with more energy than ever.

Hope this shitty story helps.
>>
>>26671222
When you came back, did you not just go back to what you used to do? How is a vacation going to stop me from shitposting for 4+ hours a day when I have a computer and my room is my favorite place to be?
>>
>>26671222
Did you fuck your sister?
>>
>>26671233
Well, no, because that trip was amazing, and made me discover a lot of things about life that I wasn't aware until that time. I got high, went to parties, went fishing, fucked some Brazilian and Argentinian girls, and pretty much lived an amazing life for 4 months.

When I came back, I didn't wanted to return to my shitty past life, so I got a job, called my old friends and step by step found a way in life back home.

And that's my advice to you. Sell that shit, buy some new clothes, meet some people, get some weed, and travel if you can. It's the best thing there is, better than sex. And sex is sometimes guaranteed in travels.

Feel free to ask anything.
>>
>>26671037
Yeah I can shut myself out and pretty much act like a robot.
I'm unsure. I just feel bad, maybe because I could relate to them in different ways even though I never experienced it.
I think it has to meet certain requirements before I can empathize with them. If someone like a chad who bullied me in high school and I saw him in a bad situation I wouldn't feel anything for him.
>>
>>26671318
Basically, become a normalfag
>>
>>26670199
Drop acid/try psychedelics. See if that helps with ur out of touchness, honestly i think you'll learn nore about urself from that experience.
>>
>>26671222
>tfw had a 1month trip through GB with some friends
>parties, bars, drinking, hiking, hella good time
>come home
>spend 16hours in front of the PC each day again
>maybe go out once a month drinking with some friends

Travelling didn't change much for me sadly. It's not like I don't enjoy it, but I guess I'm beyond the point of no return
>>
>>26671318
Thanks for the reply.

I'm a lot like how you used to be, I really want to travel but I can't afford it. I have a bike so I was thinking of biking somewhere really far away and just wing everything. Just me, my bike, and some cash.

Were you awkward? How did you break out of your shell? I'm pretty okay at holding a conversation and a lot of people enjoy my humor, but I just can't get myself to talk to a stranger and chat. Is it just a "just do it" thing?
>>
>>26671348
No, dude. Just no.

>>26671363
Actually no, awkwardness was never a problem to me. I'm actually a really extroverted guy that went through a kinda rough depression from the age of 18 to 23. And desu I was kinda forced to break out of the shell mainly because my family and friends were suffering because of me, and that single microsecond of empathy was enough for me to try and change and get better.

Bike is amazing, but don't go alone. At least, if you're going to so so, let someone know where you're going and why.

>>26671361
Maybe because you don't want to change. That's the deal and the idea of leaving the comfort zone. You really need to want it in order for it to function.
>>
>>26671222
I hear you, but all of this advice doesn't apply if I have no desire to change.
I've travelled quite a lot already (sometimes alone, sometimes with my family) and aside from the scenery I didn't find it as enlightening as you did.

You say in your other posts that you're extroverted. I assume you seek social contact? Even in your "depressive" phase, you still yearned for some kind of attention, communication or otherwise, right?
I don't. I don't want nor need to see people. I don't want to have sex because the opportunity cost is too high and I can't be bothered to interact with females and do that complicated seduction thing. I'm sure your advice would apply to those who actually feel bad about themselves, though.

I don't even seek advice really, I just wanted to post this thread. But I don't want or need to change.
>>
>>26670199
Feeling apathetic, is a pathetic way to feel.
And I don't care
>>
>>26671588
Not really, I think it's the most authentic way to feel, the "emotional endgame"
When you realize that it's pointless to even bother, that is true understanding.
Society exists because people delude themselves. Without delusions, it collapses
Apathetic people reject society and everything else because they understand nothing has meaning or value, and that therefore, all our moral, belief and social systems are irrelevant
>>
>>26671665
>he didn't jam out to Relient K back in the day
>>
>>26670199
Don't worry it'll end, sooner or later.
>>
You might be able to find some happiness if you stop taking yourself so seriously
>>
Society is the absolute worst

The petty squabbles for popularity and personal gain grow more and more disgusting to me to the point I don't understand how anyone can approve of this anymore.
>>
File: existentialist_jeanpaul_sartre.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
existentialist_jeanpaul_sartre.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>can anyone relate?

yes. in any case, make sure you are taking responsibility for the meaning or meaninglessness of your existence. the idea of bike touring is a good one.
>>
File: 1453870124848.jpg (59 KB, 765x343) Image search: [Google]
1453870124848.jpg
59 KB, 765x343
>>26670338
>You need to get a psychologist to prescribe you Lexapro or something to give your dopamine receptors a boost.

Lol, fuck off kike
>>
>>26673259
not op but that can be very difficult if you're very self aware
>>
>>26670634
This is me right now.
I'm glad to be done with flesh desires.
I just want to die.
Don't even think I'd care if I was homeless
>>
>>26670338
Lexapro is for bitches with dorm room depression
>>
>>26670199
I refuse to let the world make me empty
But I also don't really care for anything that's going on around me
I just want to lie down in an open field with the sun beating down on me all day
Preferably while on drugs
Everything else feels so nonessential
>>
>>26673259
>dude just turn off your brain lmao
Shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.