[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>someone complains about depression >mfw they have friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15
File: 1456945385665.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1456945385665.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>someone complains about depression
>mfw they have friends
>>
Having friends means you have people to have fun with, instead of just sitting at home all of the fucking time. People actually want to be near you.
If you have friends, you are not a robot.
>>
>>26669849
it's the new hip fashion, to be depressed.... now people instead of hiding it as much as possible, they flaunt it like a fucking flag.

Nothing makes sense anymore
>>
File: fredreick.jpg (41 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
fredreick.jpg
41 KB, 660x371
>grew up in an upper middle class family with two parents surrounded by loved ones for support
>"Wahhh no one understands though"
>asks me for depression meds
>blah blah morphine blah lethal dosage
>>
>>26669849

>mfw they have internet and parents to leech off
>>
I would like some friends please. It's been ever so long.
>>
>>26669849
I have friends, but I'm depressed because my Xbox broke, people can be depressed for short periods of time, it doesn't have to be some sort of longevity competition.
>>
>>26670370
Having friends and parents just makes you more autistic because robots end up wasting all their social skills, and so they become depressed when they realise how hard it fucking is to have people like you. Parents are just there to make you think it's better than it seems.
>>
Personal suffering does not diminish the suffering of others anon
Hiding your feelings isn't punk
>>
File: 1453640256444.jpg (40 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
1453640256444.jpg
40 KB, 300x373
>female complains about depression
>mfw they think they feel depression and lonliness like a male
>>
File: 1444108731597.png (5 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
1444108731597.png
5 KB, 238x212
>>26669849
>mfw they aren't me

>>26670396
faggot
>>
>>26669849
>tfw they have a gf
>>
>>26669849
Not mutually exclusive m8.
>>
>>26670418
As a nine time suicide survivor I can say that girls can be depressed just as bad as men.
>>
File: 1455930662499.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1455930662499.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>26669849
>he posts a frog
>mfw he still has his grandparents
>>
File: 1455819751849.jpg (182 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455819751849.jpg
182 KB, 765x1024
>>26670418
>she has a bf and they are both depressed
>>
>>26670418

I spend entire days barely drinking anything, maybe eating a sandwich or two for the whole day, go without showering or changing clothes for almost 2 weeks and can't think straight. Every sad thought makes me more sad, every positive memory makes me almost cry because I miss it.

How does your male depression differ?
>>
>>26670330
>be in psychopatology class
>professor mentions depresion
" omg that's me :( " -5 roasties at the same time
>then they laugh it off

If only slapping a bitch wouldn't get me expelled
>>
>>26670457
how did you fucked it up 9 times you stupid cunt???

how hard can it be to overdose on sleeping pills??
>>
>>26670469
Why didn't you light them on fire?
>>
>>26670467
shut up normie bitch
don't you have a le fembot feels thread to attend?
>>
>>26670374
I'll be your friend, friend.
>>
>>26670482
because i'd probably get caught
>>
File: 1445015642767.png (907 KB, 1107x642) Image search: [Google]
1445015642767.png
907 KB, 1107x642
>>26670469
It is indeed a cruel reality
>>
>>26669849

The two aren't related.

Drinking alcohol everyday is more likely to be a source of depression than not having friends.

Barring any chemical abuse, the source of your depression is either: Unrealistic standards or not doing everything you can to meet realistic standards.

If you want to be able to perform a Kamehaha wave, and that's all you want, and you won't be happy any other way, yeah, that's a recipe for depression.

If you want friends, but don't do anything to meet them, or see yourself as too good for most people, yeah, that's a recipe for depression.

If you smoke weed everyday (without evidence based practice, daily use of cannabis can treat some depression if a regimen is adhered to, I'm sure) that's a recipe for depression.

If you drink a lot of alcohol, abuse benzos or otherwise depress yourself...

... YOU WILL BECOME DEPRESSED
>>
>>26670522
Just be sneaky about it you fucking nerd
>>
>>26670469
Did it ever occur to you that "being a roastie" comes with it's own problems?

I agree, they're morons, but are you really jealous of morons?
>>
>>26670467
>makes me almost cry
at least you have the cartharsis of crying
>>
>>26670479

It's not hard at all. I'm a casual drug user and I've experienced near-lethal CNS depression without even trying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide#Differing_methods_by_gender

>The reported difference in suicide rates for males and females is partially a result of the methods used by each gender. Although females attempt suicide at a higher rate, they are more likely to use methods that are less immediately lethal. Males frequently complete suicide via high mortality actions such as hanging, carbon-monoxide poisoning, and firearms. This is in contrast to females, who tend to rely on drug overdosing.

LOOK AT ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I'M REALLY SUPA SUICIDAL WHICH IS WHY I'M CHOOSING SUCH AN EFFECTIVE METHOD!
>>
File: 1444439300545.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1444439300545.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
>>26670557

Not him, but

IT has nothing to do with being jealous, it's becoming sad to see a mental condition smeared like that, people don't put thought into their fucking words anymore....

The simple fact that a woman can even THINK of being depressed is stupid of course exceptions exist, for example abuse from a young age etc.that's acceptable

They just say it because they think it makes them look different, and special
Just disgusting.
>>
>>26670457
>as a nine time attention whore record holder

Fixed
>>
It's like you autists are in some internet competition over who's the biggest crybaby hahaha.
>>
File: 1444250571642.jpg (56 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
1444250571642.jpg
56 KB, 480x680
>>26670611
It's their last desperate cry for attention
>>
>>26670632
>as a nine time attention whore record holder

fucken savage
>>
>>26670612
>Not him, but

Immediately sceptical. It wouldn't matter to me if you were, but the fact that you felt the need to start your post with this is suspect.

>IT has nothing to do with being jealous, it's becoming sad to see a mental condition smeared like that, people don't put thought into their fucking words anymore....
>I'm mad that other people have the same thing wrong with them.

No, that doesn't sound like jealousy at all. When I was being taught about psychology the main issue was dealing with the 'taboo' of mental illness. The idea being people who actually are mentally ill are already "smeared".
>>
>>26669849

>have a few friends but not many
>lost my job
>begin drinking and smoking weed more
>apply for every job i see including shitty mcjobs
>cant get interviews
>get annoyed so drink and smoke more

its a vicious cycle.
>>
>every day, there are these two fucking roasties that have seats next to me in class
>always talk about their weekend, laughing around and shit
>always fucking annoys me, but i put up with it
>they start talking about how they have such bad "depression" because they are single at the moment
>I actually have severe depression, near-apathy levels
>they do this day after day
>eventually reach the point of being fucking done
>this does it
>once in my life, literally turn around, and tell them the everliving fuck off
>explain to them that they don't have depression, and that they are horrible people for perpetuating it as a meme-illness when people like me actually have it and want to die 24/7 from it (not those exact words)
>they literally shut the fuck up, look embarrassed, and start doing their work
>next day, two other roasties confront me
>"Anon, how could you be so cruel? roastie and toastie have depression, and you told them that they were lying! Just because they never got it diagnosed doesn't mean that they don't have it!"
>apologize, walk past them
>literally fuming at this point, they are literally self-diagnosed
>in class, they act like nothing happened, get put with them for a group project thing
>after it is finished, they ask me to write my name on the project
>grab the paper, look them in the eyes, and tear it in half, slowly, long ways down
>say "be "depressed" about that, you fucking autists."
>mfw got suspended for a week
>mfw no one fucked with me for the rest of the year
>>
Having two real friends in the world completely makes up for the fact that I'm a 26 year old virgin NEET. Yep, there's no reason for me to be unhappy.
>>
>>26670637
I think it's the same for males to be honest, or it's just as petty.

>This'll show em!

Et cetera.

I feel like 'le suffering artiste maymay' has justified self-pity to the point where suicide is cool.

Suits me just fine, auto-selection really.
>>
>>26669849
Being an obnoxious autist with 0 friend can undoubtfully bring depression. But aren't you projecting yourself too much on others? Why couldn't a person able to get company suffer from depression? Do you think you are a little snowflake martyr who understands true pain or something? What an arrogant faggot.

You truly are a failure and should an hero :^)
>>
>>26670740
>mfw there was a memester an hero at my old high school
>still had depression back then
>knew him prior to his offing, he was not a suicidal guy, he was the little attention seeker
>school had monument set up for him
>"accidentally" trip and destroy monument
>no one tries fixing it
>>
>>26670730
There really isn't.

I'm a virgin NEET, more time to work on personal projects, play video games and shitpost on r9k.

People tend to adjust to positive changes within three months of them ocurring. I bet any money that, without some serious emotional maturation, if you got laid tomorrow within a few months you'd be depressed because she wasn't hot enough, or it wasn't like you imagined blah blah blah.

Be grateful, practice forgiveness, help your community and be kind to yourself and others.
>>
I don't get how people who have no one at all get depressed. When I was depressed it was because I was constantly exposed to other people. I went NEET for a while and I haven't been depressed or anxious in a long time.
>>
>>26670707
man you got butthurt about the depression thing but still use autism as an insult

i mean personally i dont give a shit but you might as well an hero considering you contradicted yourself that retardedly
>>
>>26670660
I felt the need to say not him because often insults start flying around on behalf on someone else's post.

And again, it's not jealousy even though you still think it is. I'm not mad, because they don't actually have it, females can't be depressed, females mistake sadness for depression, there's a difference.

Women hold power in terms of relationship and the ease of access to companionship is just ridiculous.

Men don't have the same luxury.

>but depression is not about being lonely

Well no but it's part of the issue, if you can find good companionship you start to have a different outlook on life.
>>
>>26670776
YOU HAVE NO FACE.

Also, despite what I've just said, this story does make me sad.

I know I talk a lot of shit, saying suicidal people are petty, but when they actually go through with it I do feel sad.

As petty as they might be they're usually not self-aware enough to realise that. It's a fine line to make suicide taboo enough to not have people tempted into doing it for credibility, and taking it seriously enough to stop people from doing things they probably wouldn't want to do with the right guidance.
>>
File: 1442739840516.jpg (2 MB, 2545x2245) Image search: [Google]
1442739840516.jpg
2 MB, 2545x2245
>>26670740
I don't think it is, if i'm going to an hero i'm gonna do it in a secluded area away from everyone. Don't want my body to be found

Some people are just fed up with life and don't want help, on the other hand trying to overdose and failing and ending up to the hospital that's a cry for attention.

There's a difference in wanting to be free, and wanting people to look at you.
>>
>>26670820

> if you can find good companionship you start to have a different outlook on life.

In most cases entering into a codependent relationship will make things a lot worse.

Have you ever heard of the people who realise chasing the dragon is the least sustainable form of happiness and who abandon all relationships in order to find true contentment?

Positive psychology learns from these kinds of people, not hormone junkies.

>And again, it's not jealousy even though you still think it is.

Maybe we have different definitions of jealousy, but from where I'm sitting it couldn't be anything other than jealousy, possibly a mix of dysfunctional emotions. Otherwise you wouldn't care and may even revel in the fact that you're not alone.
>>
>>26669849
Now anon, you're just acting like normalfags when they say "think at children in Africa!!!"
Depression is a mental illness, it can happen to literally anyone, from successful businessmen to friendless neets to normies. I know plenty of people who are on meds and they live a perfectly normal life, depression aside of course
Your way to think is very far from actual depression and much closer to simple edginess.
>>
>>26670861
Absolutely.

I'm speaking very broadly. I agree with you 100% and appreciate you pointing that out.

Personally? I find the idea of suicide is an excellent source of stress relief. The fact that this, all of this, is optional? It makes me just breeze through life without a care in the world.
>>
>>26670827
Why do you feel sad, they made it , they are free. No more suffering.

You should be glad. The single choice you can make is choosing to free yourself and stop suffering or to struggle on with this miserable existence.

Life has no meaning and if i can't find meaning for it then why even live, it's pointless all together.
>>
>>26669849
What if I've been crafting a fake personality for 4 years in order to make friends. But when I'm alone I'm still depressed. I don't even know who I am anymore. And I think the three people I did make friends with are starting to see that and are trying to cut me out.
>>
>>26670396
I don't think you know what depression is.
>>
>>26669849
I have a girlfriend and I'm depressed, don't know what you mean.
>>
>>26669849
What's the connection retard? You realize that not everyone source of depression is being lonely.

This is probably why you don't have friend, because you don't understand that different things can make different people happy/unhappy.
>>
>>26670611
>>26670637
It's because women are afraid of pain, you cuck.
>>
>>26670898
>Why do you feel sad

Human nature, mostly, but also because I've lived through high-school and become relatively successful.

Young people are either stupidly happy, or stupidly suicidal. They either don't know how hard the real world is, or how rewarding it is for someone who's been forced to develop a modicum of resilience.

Ultimately, intellectually, I sort of see death as neutral, but yeah, there's that whole human nature thing.
>>
File: IMAG4521.jpg (909 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4521.jpg
909 KB, 2688x1520
>been depressed 8 years
>only things that kept me going are my cat and video games
"Finish school and become a pilot"
>denied air force entry because hospitalized
>>
>>26670926
CNS depression is decidedly painful.
>>
>>26670929
Then there's existentialist depression, which is what I suffer from sometimes, but that's treated with a bag of drugs, a hard-drive filled with cartoons, and a week off work.
>>
>>26670871
>In most cases entering into a codependent relationship will make things a lot worse.
I said good companionship someone that is not "broken"

>Positive psychology learns from these kinds of people, not hormone junkies.
I don't understand this one, you mean that people that chase gf's are hormone junkies??

>Have you ever heard of the people who realise chasing the dragon is the least sustainable form of happiness and who abandon all relationships in order to find true contentment?

Yeah i have, in fact i've never had a gf, and highschool was such a chore, everybody was smoking (never understood that meme)

>inb4 kv faggot

Highschool is long passed and i realize now that i cared about the wrong things all along, i actually thought women should be treated like fucking princesses (a true beta male). Now being the wageslave that i am i stopped caring about relationships all together, i find no reason for it, pouring time and effort into something that can go bust in seconds. I don't think it's worth it, and frankly not feeling the need for a female companion is liberating.

>Maybe we have different definitions of jealousy, but from where I'm sitting it couldn't be anything other than jealousy, possibly a mix of dysfunctional emotions. Otherwise you wouldn't care and may even revel in the fact that you're not alone.

I don't think it's jealousy, i'm not jealous of them i'm more or less disgusted at the fact that they use the word lightly. But you keep making your little psychoanalysis sentences just to look cool, and that's fine it's cool, shrinks are cool.

I can't an hero yet, my parents are still alive, so yeah i'm not "alone" but they are getting old, and when they go i'll finally be free aswell
>>
File: 1442717061822.jpg (3 KB, 120x117) Image search: [Google]
1442717061822.jpg
3 KB, 120x117
>>26670929

>I've lived through high-school and become relatively successful.

Tell me more. What do you do now??

why do you come here?

Just curious
>>
File: 5375373537.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5375373537.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>mom takes me to doctor steinberg
>he tells me "oy vey anon, you have bona-fide depression! It's a chemical imbalance that can only be fixed by this here upliftesson! That'll be 39.99 + tip"
>wow, I have depression. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have an identity
>update my tumblr intro with my new tag
>take my upliftesson and down it with a red bull
>decide to go to class
>some fuccboi in front of me claims he is feeling depressed
>become offended
>"ACKSHUALLY by claiming to have depression, you are trivializing the suffering of the really depressed special snowflakes like me and should shrek your privilege"
>whole class applauds as they realize that everyone has fake depression and I'm the only one with real depression
>get crowned the king of the special snowflakes
>>
File: 1395785919466.jpg (50 KB, 471x364) Image search: [Google]
1395785919466.jpg
50 KB, 471x364
>>26669849
>He doesn't know what depression is
>He thinks it's not possible to feel depressed while having friends
>OP complains about depression
>Mfw he's probably a self-centered NEET prick with a roof over his head and clean water to drink and food to eat every day but definitely an attention whore and shitposter
>>
>>26670861
I've been to a hospital twice now. It wasn't because I failed a suicide attempt but I thought it was the right thing to do if I wanted to get better.
>>
>>26669849
>someone complains about being thirsty
>mfw they have water
it's contextual
>>
>>26672225

There's no drug on this planet that will fix your brain.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.