[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone feel like your depression is actually your enlightenment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1449353424165.jpg (74 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1449353424165.jpg
74 KB, 500x493
anyone feel like your depression is actually your enlightenment or something?

not wanting anything = loss of ego
seeing through delusion
less fear of death

..etc
>>
no I just feel like shit and have no ambition.
>>
I can't put into words how I feel
>>
>>26669741
> no ambition
what if your old desires were based around the self, then you realized you/your life isn't shit, so now u gotta adapt instead of looking back to where you can't get back to
>>
>>26669732
When I am the most depressed I am definitely the most creatively productive.
I write music and it seems cliche but when I'm in the dull, emotionless type of depression is when I start to thrive.
It comes to me so much easier. I cycle in and out of it every couple of months.
>>
>>26669788
> When I am the most depressed I am definitely the most creatively productive
iktfb

there is that old meme that when you're sad you understand the lyrics
>>
>>26669741

aptly put

keks had

original
>>
>>26669788

You don't sound depressed at all. You're probably some edgy teenager.
>>
>>26669868
I woke up at 2pm today and didn't get out of bed until 5pm. I'm on 3 different types of meds to keep me balanced. I'm just a boring fuck that can write some songs sometimes.
>>
>>26669732
letting go of attachments
>cut myself off from family, 'friends', and society

my depression is there to call me a faggot for not figuring out how to break my attachment to myself
>>
>>26669788
I enjoy your work, pal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
>>
File: laughter4.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
laughter4.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>26670182
that was brutal
>>
>>26669775
I'd rather happily live a lie happily than be constantly miserable by knowing how I truly am.
>>
>>26670231
2bad the world and your mind dont give a fuck what youd "rather" do. these lame ass posts about "hurr id rather do x" are gay as fuck, you don't have a choice faggot, else why are you on r9k?
>>
>>26670182
>mfw i actually listened to the lyrics for the first time

>mfw they actually sum up my struggles with self harm and depression pretty well
>>
I dont that i have a depression which can only be corrected with meds. My depression is mix between unhapiness, nihilism and realism. It's something like - in the end nothing matters, nothing will matter after death.
>>
>>26669732

NO GOY IF YOU CANNOT FIND HAPPINESS IN A MEANINGLESS MATEREALISTIC WORLD THAT HATES YOU BASED ON YOUR GENDER AND SKIN COLOR IT MEANS YOU ARE UNBALANCED

TAKE THESE PILLS
>>
>tfw NEET but bored with anime and vidya
help request #2
>>
>>26670524
drugs + walking in nature

fashion
>>
>>26669732
yes In a way I feel enlightened. Ever since my depression started I've been working on getting better. I have finally found the power.
The power to change

I AM GRAND WIZARD
>>
Depression just robs us of all joy and wonder, which is what we all truly crave. The longing for death which depression brings on is really nothing but the side effect of the absence of all things good. None of us truly want to die, we just want life to be great, and the reason why we keep on going no matter how shit life might seem, is simply because we deep down feel it might just get better in time.

Death is weird. When we are happy we dread it, and when we are sad we welcome it with open arms.
>>
Enlightenment is for people willing to dedicate the time they have to not only letting go, but accepting everything as is. Fuck that. Just be a nihilist who does his job. Survive. Detatch. And let your zombie self do everything it needs. Being a huge puss about everythung wont help. Nothing will.
>>
>>26669732
I would not be the man I am today if I didn't spend a few years brutally depressed. Enlightened might not be the correct term, but if you ever overcome those demons, you really do have the world at your fingertips. Life is just your perception of reality, nothing more.
>>
>>26671841
> if you overcome those demons, you have the world at your fingertips
> posting on r9k
>>
Well yeah, studies show that depressed people have a more realistic view of the world.

Happiness is like some sort of normie filter
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.