[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I want a guy who's smart What do women mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 4
File: girls-talking_1978668a.jpg (39 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
girls-talking_1978668a.jpg
39 KB, 620x388
>I want a guy who's smart

What do women mean by this? Obviously the smart guys aren't getting the girls.
>>
>I want a guy who agrees with me, because I am smart!
>>
File: 56.jpg (33 KB, 439x384) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
33 KB, 439x384
>I want a chad, with a six pack, big biceps, 6ft5, and has an IQ of 140.
>>
>>26669222
Don't forget
>who makes 6 figures
>>
"i want a guy who's smart"
means i want a guy who makes a lot of money, because women's pea brains think smart = successful.
>>
This means they want a guy who gets what he wants, whether it's through intelligence, strength, money, or sheer luck.
>>
>>26669204
They mean they want a guy who's socially intelligent enough to call them out on their bullshit in a dominant yet tactful way.
>>
>>26669204

You'd be surprised how many smart people are also attractive or able to use their intelligence to trick others into thinking they are attractive. Academics are a different issue but academics haven't been the intelligent class for a long time.

>>26669214

If women wanted that they'd go for pushover betas. Women want a man who can intellectually dominate them before physically dominating them. Imagine a truly stupid alpha trying to put a not-entirely-stupid woman into her place. You will never see a man with a woman smarter than him, period. It's partially because women don't like men who are dumber than them and partially because men don't like women who are more intelligent than them. A real alpha male would never accept a woman who can put him in his place intellectually.
>>
Girls want to be impressed and entertained. They rely on men because in truth, women have no real hobbies or interests.
>>
>>26669275
> A real alpha male would never accept a woman who can put him in his place intellectually.

I'm sure this has done wonders for the gene pool.
>>
>>26669278

>women have no real hobbies or interests

This is a very effective meme, but when are we going to come up with a way to insult the hobbies that women really do have? Like the crochet fatties, or the baker fatties, or the artiste fatties? Those are shit-tier "hobbies" and they deserve to be mocked.
>>
>>26669318
>implying fatties matter

Fat people are subhuman and should be treated as such
>>
>>26669275
>You'd be surprised how many smart people are also attractive

not really. better genes = more attractive = more likely to be intelligent, or at the very least brought up in an environment where they're constantly positively reinforced and their mistakes easily forgiven.
>>
>>26669342

A fat male is traditionally a sign of a successful alpha who has a woman at home cooking up delicious rich meals. Only unmarried fat males are sub-human. Married fat males are living the best lifestyle.
>>
>>26669204
Not true. Retaining information is not really intelligent, rather it is habit. These men who adapt in to society that work on themselves and learn skills until they feel ready to live their own life show more promise. It is not efficient to learn about things that do not benefit you. So being a spiteful college dropout that showed promise is less than a chad living on his own in content. People need to understand laziness is a sign of stupidity, it shows no discipline and refusing to fix yourself.
>>
>>26669419

Project harder, will you.
>>
>>26669419
>People need to understand laziness is a sign of stupidity, it shows no discipline and refusing to fix yourself.
Wrong. Some of us have genuine issues like ADHD that prevent us from being in our top form.
>>
>>26669204
>Obviously the smart guys aren't getting the girls.

Clearly that's the only reason you have no romantic success.
>>
>>26669204
>What do women mean by this?

They mean that they like smart guys. It's actually pretty easy to impress girls with your intellect if you're not extremely dumb, desu.
>>
>>26669204
The smart guy gets the girls. The guy that studies 24/7 and gets number 1 isn't smart he just works hard because he's stupid and have to.
>>
>>26669598
Only smart girls are impressed by genuine intellect.

>>26669586
Honestly, I'm starting to realize part of my problem is that I take my intelligence too damn seriously and it probably annoys the hell out of people. Girls aren't attracted to know-it-alls.
>>
>>26669614

BLASTED

THIS NIGGA IS TRULY ENLIGHTENED

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

COP A FEEL ON THE NEXT LASS FOR ME M8
>>
>>26669620
>Only smart girls are impressed by genuine intellect.

It is the same as in every other facet of life. It's all about appearances, mate. You don't have to be smart to win over a girl who says that she into "smart guys". It is good enough if SHE thinks that you're smart.
>>
>>26669620

>Honestly, I'm starting to realize part of my problem is that I take my intelligence too damn seriously and it probably annoys the hell out of people. Girls aren't attracted to know-it-alls.

>know-it-alls
>smart
>intelligent

You know who knows a lot of things?

My mother.

She still raised a fucking retard.

Get a fucking grip kid
>>
>>26669650
I'm not saying know-it-alls are always intelligent, but my intelligence is at least part of the reason I'm a know-it-all.

>>26669641
Genuinely intelligent girls, especially those who define themselves by their intelligence, do care though, and naturally are able to distinguish the real thing from a fake. They tend to want guys more intelligent than them.
>>
>>26669204

They mean articulate more than smart, but once you're in the 25-35 range, I've found that girls generally do. They want someone who is smart AND well rounded.

You all who whine about "dumb jocks" don't realize that most of the dumb jocks are smarter than you. You guys are worse than redditors. Life isn't a fucking RPG where you have limited stats. Some (in your guys case, almost all) people are just better than you at nearly everything.

Maybe the problem isn't those DUMB BITCHES LOL it's that you're the male equivalent of a disgusting entitled fat chick whose hobbies are knitting and cat fancy and thinks the world owes them something.
>>
>>26669204
>Obviously the smart guys aren't getting the girls.
Hardly.
The analysis of highly gifted and above people by Dr. Ruf and a similar analysis of high IQ individuals by Dr. Zahra showed a few interesting things
1) People with a formally measured IQ of 130+ are *better* at social interaction, overall with people that have an IQ of 145+ being overall 'very good to excellent' at social interaction (there are always outliers)
2) People with an average IQ (90 to 110) who encountered socially awkward people tended to assume they were either of low IQ or high IQ but that perception was based upon the socially awkward person's topics of discussion: if the socially awkward person discusses stereotypical 'nerd' or 'geek' topics (science fiction in particular) were seen as having an above average IQ and people who discussed stereotypically 'mundane' topics (such as sports) were seen as below average intelligence *regardless of their actual IQ*
>A man with an 85 IQ talking about Star Wars was seen as above average while a man with an IQ of 115 was seen as stupid because he discussed cars
3) They also found (especially Dr. Zahra) that socially awkward people with an average IQ that had 'nerd' hobbies (science fiction, comics, etc.) were more likely to believe that they had above average IQ regardless of grades, performance, or test scores.
So - Smart guys get plenty of girls; having watched a lot of Dr. Who != being smart.
>Try reading Five Levels of Gifted, Genius Denied, and the Impact of Stereotypes on Intelligence Analysis
>>
>>26669812

Sounds like you've never been to grad school.
>>
>>26669850
No, I have. There are a whole lot of people in Grad school not because they are smart but because they are average.
>>
>>26669812
So how do you explain the fact hat half of people in engineering / physics / math courses seem at least borderline autistic while people in fields like English, communications, and history are generally at least normal?

Also, how do you explain the relationship between autistic traits and high IQ?
>>
There are two types of smart men

>1)men with graduate diploma on B or A,narrow knowledge,just only his profession or whatever knowledge about something,nice job and pretty nice income and spends on shitty staff,whatever is
>2)Men which are good at science,especially math,physics,astronomy,reading books or discussing black holes all the time,working on some science projects or theories or trying to popularize science,have nice income but don't spend on shitty stuff

guess which type girls like
>>
>>26669957
People don't realize that most professionals like Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers are just average people that are disciplined enough to learn or smart people who lack the discipline or initiative to do something REALLY challenging but rewarding like start a new company.
>>
>>26670016
I-I like the latter. There's a lot to be learned from someone who has a breadth of education, and a lot to more to talk about.

I think more women than you think like the latter.
>>
>>26670028
Smart people don't generally start companies because they realize the odds of it being successful are incredibly low.
>>
>>26670008
>le robots are intelligent meme

Physics major here. The people I study with are pretty normal. Maybe slightly weirder than average but nothing like you describe.
>>
>>26669204
somebody who takes care of financial issues and plays Daddy/Money Dispenser for her.
>>
>>26670044
>I think more women than you think like the latter.
They tend to be women who are educated and value intelligence in themselves.

/r9k/ tends not to like these kinds of women since they're not stacies / aspiring stacies.
>>
>>26670008
>H-h-hey guys, how do you explain my unsupported anecdotes? Huh? I mean, I know nerds!
You are mistaking grades with IQ, probably. For example, if you do the ususal google of 'what is the average IQ of an engineer?' business you see all sorts of stuff, like 'materials engineers have an average IQ of 133'.
Bullshit. You have to look at the long=term longitudinal study of occupations and IQ from the University of Wisconsin started decades ago by Dr. hauser. Guess what? Even the engineers with the highest average IQ, Electrical Engineers, have an average *within a single standard deviation), meaning the average engineer has an average IQ.
Protip: being obsessed or dedicated != high IQ.

The association with Autism is not only a little suspect but the number of ACTUALLY autistic people is low enough that they are outliers, anyway
>>
>>26669204
That they wants guys who are actually, really smart.
>>
>>26669370
There is fat and then there is can't see his dick fat. That's sub-human and should be treated accordingly
>>
>>26669584
That's not an excuse
>>
>I'm this era's Einstein, I'm smart
Obviously not smart enough to get pussy
Which btw doesn't take much brain
>>
>>26670372
You need
>friends
>social skills
>"interesting" hobbies
>confidence
>years of experience
>stories about your #YOLO adventures
Sounds easy
>>
>>26670170
http://www.electronicproducts.com/News/Engineer_vs_engineer_Who_has_the_higher_IQ.aspx

According to Hauser's data, EE average IQ is 126, which is MORE than 1 standard deviation above average IQ. In fact, all the STEM fields have average IQs greater than 1 SD from average. Further (this graph and the link refer to Hauser's data), the STEM fields clearly have IQs greater than that of other fields, without question.

So now the question is whether or not they tend to be less socially adept. That's still within question and I'm not in the mood to look up studies that confirm or refute the overhwhelming anecdotal evidence that suggests so, but you did not disprove this point either.
>>
>>26669734
>butthurt roastie going full damage control
>>
>>26670424
You need social skills, that's it. You'd develop those if you didn't stay home all day playing your computer games
>>
Do smart guys even bother with girls? I imagine that smart people just date later in life
>>
>>26670555
Trips of truth. Also, nowadays you can even get laid or a gf by playing videogames online. It's never been easier for introverts to get to know women. Yet "smart" guys on 4chan keep struggling and crying. Why is this?
>>
>>26669204
Exactly what they say...

What is omitted, is that attractive and sociable generally go without saying.
>>
>>26669275
so manipulative = smart?
>>
>>26670593
Two words my wise Internet friends.
Closet homos
>>
>>26670587

>smart people willingly become cuckold beta providers

speak for yourself, chump
>>
>>26670441
>anecdotal evidence
>overwhelming
>thinking that means anything.

Anyway..the other guy's previous post clearly implied that strong social-skills are well correlated with high IQs.
>>
>>26669204
most of you aren't as smart as you think you are.
>>
File: funnystupid.jpg (81 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
funnystupid.jpg
81 KB, 400x300
>>26670441
Translation
>I cannot read the page that I linked to
g read this link YOU provided again, friend
>http://www.electronicproducts.com/News/Engineer_vs_engineer_Who_has_the_higher_IQ.aspx
See where it says "The avearge IQ of electrical engineers is..." etc.
See right above it? It says
>"...some additional research was done on our end, which resulted in the discovery of a somewhat comparable breakdown of the professions listed in the chart..."
i.e., they googled some bullshit analysis of SAT scores.
You fucking fail, pal.
The hauser study *itself* shows that the actual *TESTED* IQ scores of Electrical Engineers (as in 'they actually took an IQ test in a controlled test environment' not 'I made shit up on the innerwebz') is 112
>And if you had read the chart YOU ATTACHED you'd see that)
Protip: next time, read what you link to and make sure you actually understand it before you beclown yourself
>>
>>26670340

It is. ADD people are missing the "just do it" part of their brain.
>>
>>26670587
Einstein (as a young man) was seen as a ladies man and was considered very charming by everyone who knew him.
>>
>>26670626
The issue is that the data might be skewed by very intelligent social people and very low iq social retards (literal retards). Notice that the kinds of people we'd expect to be the most socially adept, someone like a lawyer, are still a step below scientists in terms of intelligence.
>>
>>26670651
All they need is someone telling them to do it
>>
>>26670593
yes. it's so easy to meet women when you have no friends or social life, live in isolation, don't fit in contemporary society or community, don't follow current trends, have psychiatric/psychological issues, and don't meet the standards of almost all women.

you don't know what the word 'introvert' means, and you don't know what you're talking about. get out normalscum
>>
>>26670555
>you never tried #YOLO XD
You know nothing but you act like you know, how is that attitude named again?
>>
>>26670734

All you have to do to meet a girl is join a forum, a chat room, a dating site or an online game. You're literally two clicks away from being able to communicate with women. Back in the day, the only viable way to get to talk to girls was approaching them in real life. GTFO with your woe is me attitude.
>>
>>26670762
Being alpha as fuck?
>>
>>26670555
>dude you just need social skills
>it doesn't matter that you don't have anything that makes you more noticable, you just go talk to her and BAM!
>>
it means not dumber than a bag of bricks. my bf nearly didn't graduate high school. it was because he missed so many days, not because he was dumb, but still he was not academically successful to say the least. he's street smart though, and a good conversationalist, which is good enough for me. i'm sure i probably have a higher IQ than him, but that doesn't count for much in life.
>>
>>26669275
>You will never see a man with a woman smarter than him, period.
I see stupid men with intelligent women all the time. Do you not go outside?
>>
>>26670790
I don't know how people manage to get gfs in forums, aren't those girls constantly getting male attention?
You ever tried that shit or you only read it on the internet?

>>26670800
>le alpha shitposting *loling emoji*
>>
>>26670811
That's exactly how it works, unless you're trying to get the hot super model
>>
>>26670642
The only important fact here is that STEM fields are clustered at the top. You tried to deceive by suggesting that their IQs weren't anything special (relative to other fields), when the data clearly shows a statistically significant difference. . It's not just average IQ either, it's the fact that the most intelligent people are going in such fields.
>>
>>26670790
so, talking to someone online is exactly the same as meeting them in real life and having a relationship with them? i've been using dating sites and other online avenues for 4 years, and had no success. if there are no compatible women in close proximity to you, you have no one to meet.

fuck off with your "i have it all figured out" attitude, normalfag. you're clueless
>>
>>26670854
>You ever tried that shit or you only read it on the internet?

I know a dozen of guys (and girls) who've met through the internet. A friend of mine fucked a couple of chicks he met playing some stupid online game (and was stupid enough to knock one of them up). My friend's little sister got with her bf because they were part of the same WoW guild.

As for myself, I didn't have much choice but to learn the hard way, i.e. appoaching women in real life.
>>
>>26670873
You're seriously using the "robots only want 10/10" bullshit
You don't know me or what i find attractice, you like to make these kind of assumptions to disprove everyone, but you don't have anything to back it up
You're one big faggot, did ya know that?
>>
>>26670830

Are you a woman? Or new? Of fucking course I don't go outside.
>>
>>26670901
>talking to someone online is exactly the same as meeting them in real life and having a relationship with them

It's definitely an easier start than going from zero to asking girls out in real life. I used to be a shy introvert and shat myself all of the time when talking to girls, irl. I wish I had the internet at my disposal to learn the basics, when I was still a clueless spaghetti-dropping loser.
>>
>>26670661

Newton died a virgin, and he didn't even have to plagiarise his way into the history books.
>>
>>26670937
>loser
Stop posting, you are already flinging shit at people this discussion can only get worse from this point onwards
>>
>>26670937
we're not talking about "an easier start." according to you, female companionship is just a click away
>>
>>26670911
>I'm unique and different from everyone
>I hate it when people judge me
>I'm a kissless virgin because all girls don't want to fuck me
>le random kind alpha stranger offers advice
>fuck you nigger
Smh desu senpai
Literally special snowflake
>>
>>26670984
We are talking about meeting girls. Meeting people is literally the start for any kind of relationship.
>>
>>26670953
Newton was gay.
>>
>>26670997
You make assumptions and you reinforce your worldview by focusing on the assumptions
>le special snowflake
See? You are a faggot after all
>>
>>26669204
Smart guys = gays
There's nothing smart about being with women other than manipulating their vaginas
Otherwise there's nothing better than spending time with your best bro talking about the cosmos and inventions of mathematical caliber whilst he fucks your asshole
>>
>>26670902
So you got it harder, poor little anon had to approach girls daaww
Also you're generalizing and you are withholding information, some specific group of people with specific traits are able to get relatoonships through online games.
Explain your shit
>>
>>26670998
meeting WHO? random women, on the internet, who could be anywhere on earth? how does that start a relationship?
>>
>>26671013
At least I'm not a handholess kissless virgin who doesn't know how to score senpai
>>
>>26671055
>o yeh well ur a virgin xddd
ah, so you don't have any answers, after all. you're just another arrogant, know-it-all normalscum who's on the wrong board. GO BACK TO FAGBOOK FAGGOT
>>
>>26671055
Big words for a big fag, why aren't you taking some big dicks up your big ass, like a big guy?
>>
>>26671084
I guess some people should stay in tumbler
>>
>>26671055
Everyone knows that gays are easy game
>>
>>26671087
Because I can get easy puss
>>
>>26671111
Quad for truth
It's official
>>
>>26669204
>I want a guy who's smart

They don't know what they want

They need to be confrtable and a little dominated
>>
>>26669812
That's really fascinating. Good information

But it's comparing between rather wide ranges of people. The people I interact with are likely to all be 115+. I'd be much more interested in how people perceive eachother there.
>>
>>26669345

Oh so white people hmm okay gotcha
>>
>>26670067
Physics and math dual major here to confirm this. Most of the people in my classes (math more so than physics for whatever reason) are turbo normies who party and half ass their work. The rest are mostly le nerdy bing bang theory sheldor types.

There are a couple of genuinely intelligent students that I've encountered in my 4 years, and their kind usually go on to grad school. The rest become office drones.
>>
>I want a girl who's smart
Shame they're so rare because of the bell curve.
Bet they're all taken anyway.
>>
>>26670917
Kek

so original robot desu
>>
>>26671417
Not that poster but.
I think specific facial features and such would be more likely to be a good indicator. Given how broad the range of white (any race) people are.

But I question how accurate this really is. Sure if we have something like blue eyed people happened to be smarter at some point they'd breed more and be more successful in the past. But we've been a monogamous society for a very long time. The effects can't be that big because I don't think the difference in amount of smart people reproducing and stupid people reproducing is that big. If it were so that we took an IQ test before puberty and got rid of anyone below a limit we would probably seen the effects quite quickly. And obviously preference for high IQ would be higher, who wants their child taken away from them?
>>
>>26669204

she wants a guy who is smart and uses it to make money. that was easy.
>>
>>26670888
>You tried to deceive by suggesting that their IQs weren't anything special
I actually *told the truth*, pal.
More critically, and I know you will struggle with this - an average IQ within a standard deviation is - nothing special.
FURTHER - the original contention was
>hurr durr, lots of engineers are socially awkward so smart people are socially awkward
Which
A) is not supported by the facts
B) still the point, if you forgot
>>
>>26670953
>Hey! This one guy was a virgin!
Yeah, and?
>>
>>26672136

Anecdotal evidence its a perfectly legitimate counter to anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>26672211
>"Do smart guys bother with girls?"
>"Well, this one did"
that is a meaningful reply, anon.
Communications major, are you?
>>
How did you guys not notice that women say one thing and do the other. She wants a guy that will tell her about star constellations when they are looking at stars. Not guy that won nobel prize for physics
>>
>>26670873

Women at work tell me horrible things due to my 5'4" height, you are bullshiting. I have nothing going on for me, My penis is also very small.
>>
>>26669204
High IQ for offspring, wide knowledge base for conversation and an ability to learn things quickly (for getting through life in an exciting way together).

I did marry a person with all the traits I meant by "smart". Intelligence and kindness were the most important to me.
>>
>>26669204
Most of the beautiful people in adult world are intelligent, no matter how ignorant they seem about things you find important.

Getting older as a loser is not a great thing, as a 26yo I've experienced this, change yourself or live a sad life.
>>
>>26673475
This. There is a definite correlation between intelligence and attractiveness.
>>
>>26669222
>>26669238
don't forget
>gets double trips
>>
They mean they want a man who's witty and clever, but not necessarily book smart. They want a guy who's socially intelligent.
>>
>>26669222
If 10% of the population of 18-24 yo's were that fit, and meeting somenone withat that high of an iq they would constitute about 0.1% of the population, Im just generalizing right now too.
>>
>>26669620
But i dont mind being a dumb hardworking guy as long as I get results
>>
>>26672109
I didn't say you didn't say the truth. You only told a partial truth. You were trying to deceive. That's also why you didn't post a source.

It actually doesn't matter if it's still within a standard deviation of average IQ since we're concerned here with the IQ compared to other occupations, not to the average IQ as a whole. What we see, based on these stats, is that not only is the average IQ significantly higher for those in STEM fields, but more very intelligent people go into them. This is what tells us that the STEM fields are full of intelligent people in comparison to other fields. Nearly a full standard deviation above average IQ, IS quite significant, by the way.

The original point wasn't that engineers are socially awkward therefore smart people are socially awkward. The point was that social awkwardness is MORE common among intelligent people than normal people, and STEM was used to illustrate that, because STEM represents the height of intelligence and stereotypically socially inept.
>>
>>26673475
true
the qtiest girls i ever had the chance to speak to in middle-school and high-school had good social skills and whenever they offered an insight into anything i found it rather clever
it may also be that they were just outliers (because they were only 3 in total)

also the chads were also rather intelligent, they were just academically lazy
>>
>>26675158
A lot of so called pretty girls in my middle/high school days pretended to be borderline retarded out of some kind of weird social kink and when you talked to them alone or saw them later in life in higher education they were actually surprisingly quick and opinionated. Social dynamics in teens has some pretty fucked up behavior spring up.
>>
>>26669204
Luckily I have a girl to common translator.

> I want a guy who's smart
means:
> I want to pay attention to the fact that I wallue intelligenece

That doesn't mean that she indeed values intelligence or that she will pick out a guy that's smart. HTH
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.