[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to die robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
What's it like to die robots?
>>
Endless bliss
>>
It feels good, the most fun I've had in years
>>
I can't handle this
>>
Whatever answers you or anyone else might come up with are wrong. Life is sensory, which is bodily. Death can't be bodily so it can't be sensory, so it's not relatable to the experience of life. This is to say I don't know and I can't know.
>>
Like before you were born
>>
>>26667313
This.

I can't describe non-existence to you. No one can.
>>
>>26667313
>>26667330
>>26667337
B-but I like existing guys
>>
File: 1452038531607.jpg (80 KB, 600x551) Image search: [Google]
1452038531607.jpg
80 KB, 600x551
>>26667351
then fuck off back to /b/
>>
reverse birth
>>
>>26667130
It's pretty good.
You should try it.
>>
>>26667351
>I like existing

FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT RREEEEEEEEEE
>>
Feels like I'm feeling nothing at all
>>
Given how we know nothing about how consciousness works or why it's there at all, I'd say don't think about it.
>>
>>26667130
Like waking from a dream.
>>
File: 1445082818377.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1445082818377.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>26667351
This is gonna seem stupid but reading this made me realize how far r9k has come.

It never used to be about tfw no gf, normies get out ree, and sjw propaganda posts. r9k when it started was about people who genuinely felt disconnected from others, whether or not they were autistic, attractive, a virgin, male/female, or whatever the fuck else. A place for them to relate to others since no one else would. People who felt that the world was not for them at all. People who didn't identify just didn't post and watched. Now fast forward to today and I read shit like this.

I keep telling myself for six years r9k still isn't dead, isn't dead, isn't dead. Now I'm convinced it is.
>>
death is like being in dreamless sleep
listen to giles corey - infinite death
>>
>>26668368
I know that feel. Once upon a time you could have a meaningful discussion and relate to people, now it's just shitty threads about people whining that they couldn't get a GF.
>>
>>26667130
Pain followed by a loss of lucidity, then eternal nonexistence. Enjoy.
>>
Its kind of like if i took you at your most infantile and vulnerable and broeken and bled you out of your husk slowly filling your ears with whispers of comfort and nostalgia and forgiveness and release and you felt the overwhelming horror and crippling sentimental beauty of being alive whisking away into a small little dot that shrinks away inside of your very center like a dot of light on the back of a train until it becomes a black contextless thoughtless singular image and soon after the image and associations are like clear formless space, wherever that husk may be.
>>
It's probably a lot like going to sleep, but then again it can also be a dmt-like experience
>>
I believe in quantum immortality.

I am never going to die, and neither will you.
>>
Died for seventeen seconds after an OD in the emergency room.

All I can say is that it's quiet, dark, and maybe lonely if you over think. It's literally nothing. Nothing is there. It's just black. Like being in a deep sleep one night where you can't remember what you dreamed of, or how you wound up sideways.

Like that.
>>
>>26669036
That sounds like a fate worse than death to be honest.
>>
>>26669170
Yeah it's pretty terrifying honestly.
I wish there is an afterlife otherwise it's true.
>>
>>26667130
You get it all again.
All of it.
And then none of it.
>>
>>26669146

loled

>implying you died
>>
>>26669036
Sucks desu but this is true.
We've died many times much to our unawares.

I can only break the loop and cycle by fighting god or what ever deity if there is one on this inumerable try i'm on now.

The reason is solid.
>>
>>26669190
>if there is no afterlife, my obscure belief is the only logical alternate option

Fuck off.
>>
>>26667130
You see an entity that takes the appearance of your significant other or a close friend or family member and it takes all your memories, your experiences and erases them from your soul and sends you back to earth again. Where you'll be lost again, wondering why this world seems so incoherent yet full of intelligent design, why are we here, why this, why that and then you'll die again and then...

Well you get the idea. The second you exit the hypercube they kick your astral nuts so hard you pass out and fall right back inside.
>>
>>26667330
You don't know this

>>26667150
Hi /lit/!!!!
>>
its like ur being asleep but except your not going to ever wake up again because u are dead
>>
Assuming there is no afterlife/God. There are only a finite number of combinations possible of matter in the universe (unmeasured but still finite), theoretically the atomic structure that makes up me and you will one day exist again.

Also if we obtained consciousness out of 'nothing', who's to say it can't happen again?
>>
>>26671129
If you died today what is in your mind that is so worth preserving?
>/r9k/
>some shitty memes
>some animu you watched
Literally nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>26667130
Death, is the mercy of existence. It gives you the chance to understand your true nature, and be able to see that absolutely all is actually A-ok.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.