[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make your choice and give an explanation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 720x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 720x789
Make your choice and give an explanation.
>>
>>26664475
knife, purifier, tent, rope

Everything else is either degradable or useless.
>>
>>26664475
rifle so i can kill myself
>>
>>26664513
Wouldn't the pot be pretty good though?
>>
>>26664513
>I saw people light a fire without matches on tv once I'm sure I could do it!
>>
Rope, rifle, iPod, and the weed. Get high as fuck, listen to some savory jams, then tie a noose and kill myself. If that doesn't work I'll blow my brains out.
>>
File: 1431160314281.png (121 KB, 258x305) Image search: [Google]
1431160314281.png
121 KB, 258x305
For things like rope for example I'm just assuming it's infinite rope, since you're not given information about amounts.

Tent
>can't use it up
>will last me a very long time if taken care of
>protection from the elements/bugs
>shelter
Rope
>to tie the tent to trees
>to tie rafts together via wood I've gathered
>to make loophole animal traps
Hand Saw
>to cut wood
>to gut animals
>protection against beasts
>to cut off parts of me if they get infected/go gang green
Either Mirror or Matches for the same reason
>to make fires

if I was on a deserted island I don't think I'd wanna leave
I'd claim the island as my own, name it and get to work on colonizing the land of Me.
Maybe try to make a ghost town of sorts and make tulpa townspeople. That'd be great.
>>
weed, ipod, hunting rifle, inflatable raft
see if I can survive long enough to shanghai someone
>>
>>26664672
everything else eventually runs out
it's not that it's a total crutch or anything like that, but unless those things are magically renewed every month, then you'd have to eventually learn or freeze to death
>>
>>26664513

something like this

>>26664672

you'd have to, since the matches aren't exactly unlimited
>>
>>26664475

>knife
easily one of the most important tools you can have

>water purifyer unless island has freshwater on it
because you will die of thirst in 3 days

>matches
because fire can be used to signal as well as cook shit and the smoke acts as a bug reppellent

>first aid kit
you never know, on an island any injury is a death sentance. shit can get infected.

Weed is nice, but anyone that choses weed is fucking dumb
>>
>>26664513
>picks a purifier
>which can break and/or needs replacement filters
>doesn't pick the cast iron pot. the thing that will last longer than he will on this earth
you dumb. you can just use the matches and pot for water. boil that shit. plus now you can make stews of the shit you collect

knife, tent, pot, and matches seem best. knife can be used to make pointy stick, pointy stick all you need for hunting/fishing. plus if you make a bow somehow, you could then use knife to make arrows sorta. or you could just stab shit with the knife.
>>
Knife
>cut shit
>make shelter

Fishing rod
>food nigga

water purifier
>i dont want no ebolaids from no nigga bacteria

flare gun
>so i can be rescued & go back to NEET life
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 514x536
>>26664700
>>26664785
>taking weed
>not taking matches
You actually need to light the blunt you fucking retards.
>>
File: 1938483889583.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1938483889583.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
Raft, matches, ipod, hunting rifle or knife
>Get on raft
>Paddle out to sea
>Blaze some weed while listening to music
>Kill myself
Great way to go desu
>>
>>26664858
>cast iron
>lasting more than 3 months with all the salt water that's going to constantly be in there
enjoy dying from drinking liquid tetanus
>>
File: 1455041463529-r9k.jpg (15 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1455041463529-r9k.jpg
15 KB, 540x540
What kind of a deserted island? Is there a source of water? What is the plantlife like? Does it have any wild animals? How is the weather? Can I keep my clothes?

Fucking god I dunno. Hammock, fishing rod, pot, and knife because I have lived my whole life in the middle of forest and I can basically make anything on the go but I can only guess that this is some tropical island with a lake in it so I dont fucking know.
>>
File: image.png (243 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
image.png
243 KB, 500x377
>>26664953
>Is there a source of water
It's an island
You're surrounded by water you dumb fuck
>>
>>26664475
iPod, hammock, repellent and weed. Die comfy
>>
File: 01.jpg (165 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
165 KB, 600x640
>>26664991
He obviously means fresh water you pillock.
>>
>>26664875
flare gun instead of rifle then what the fuck ever bitch
>>
File: 1455062908894-int.jpg (73 KB, 555x604) Image search: [Google]
1455062908894-int.jpg
73 KB, 555x604
>>26664991
I bet you were called "special" alot when you were a child.
>>
>>26664991
It salt tho

>Tent
>First Aid Kit
>Matches
>Pot

First aid kits have knives desu
>>
Knife, Rope, Compass, Purifier.

This is assuming the hunting rifle doesn't have much ammo, otherwise, replace compass with rifle.

Knife because it has a million different uses.

Rope to tie shit together to make shelter and all kinds of useful shit.

Compass to ensure I never get lost.

Purifier for obvious reasons.
>>
>weed
>matches
>ipod
>rope

smoke all the weed while listening to music and hang myself with rope
>>
>>26665057
What kind of a first aid-kits do you have? Mine only has some pussy ass scalpel and it can hardly touch anything tougher than leather without bending.
>>
SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THEY'RE NOT SELECTING THE FUCKING RAFT

DON'T YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THERE
>>
Tarp- Shelter, condensing water, maybe netting fish
Purifier- fresh water is kind of the limiting factor here
First Aid- Sepsis is a bitch, and she's pretty easy to take home.
Flare Gun- for mental health (a symbol of hope) and hopefully escaping
>>
>vitamins
>fishing rod
>first aid kit
>knife

With those I could ensure my health and survival until I was able to be rescued. If rescue didn't come within a year I'd slit my wrists with the knife.
>>
Actual right answer is this

Hand Saw (to make shelter)
Fishing rod (food)
Water Purifier (water)
Flare gun (escape)
>>
>>26665106
ze good 1's
>>
>>26665166
The fishing rod seems like a poor answer to getting food. You ever fished with a line in choppy water? It's good sport if you've got a strong line, but assuming that's a standard fishing pole I feel like a net or spear would serve you better.
>>
>>26665101
>compass

just use the sun dummy
>>
>>26665124

Haha good point, didnt even see it

>raft
>purifier (assuming it works for salt water)
>flare gun
>tarp

tarp would provide cover from sun and rain/spray, and i might also be able to fashion it in to some kind of trawl for fish
>>
>>26665124
>no more stress
>total freedom
>nice weather
>no people
>no computer to be glued to 24/7 while all other humans do something worthwhile with their lives

I'll maybe miss 4chan a little but deep down I know I hate this place too. I can always paint frog faces on rocks and laugh at them.
>>
>>26665124
Have you ever been in the open ocean? Navigating against ocean currents with a raft and paddle is literally impossible. Despite what movies show any small storm in an inflatable raft means you're going into the water and drowning.
>>
>>26665216
Have you ever tried to spear a fish with some shit you made? Me neither but I bet it's way harder than using a fishing pole
>>
>matches
because I aint rubbin sticks together for eight hours, nigga
>water purifier
because finding good drinking water might not be easy and could take a few days, if you find any at all
>knife
for cutting small branches, making tools, and gutting fish
>pot
good luck boiling water without a pot
>>
>>26665216

The fishing rod is the only logical choice for longevity. The gun as limited bullets, the knife means you have to come into close contact with dangerous wildlife in order to kill, everything else there doesn't really help get you food.
>>
>Pot
boil water, cook food

>Mirror
make fires, use sun reflection to call for help if planes pass

>Knife
cut stuff, essential

>Flare gun
more chances to get saved if a plane is passing

these are the best choices by far
>>
>>26665296
Took me second to realise you meant the container pot and not the weed, kek.
>>
File: CI8emnhUEAEyFL5.jpg (26 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
CI8emnhUEAEyFL5.jpg
26 KB, 495x495
>Hiking Boots
OP didn't specify if I was bare foot. I really don't want to step on a sharp object and die of infection in a few days.

>Hunting rifle
No clue what the island has, for all I know there are blood thirsty nigger cannibals, I don't want to take a chance.

>Tent
I need to sleep somewhere, dying from exposure is not pleasant.

>water purifier
Water is the biggest most important factor to consider, this is crucial to survive.

All other options are pants on head retarded.
>>
Raft, Flare gun, Matches, Weed
Set sail immediately, and I'mm certainly not sitting in a fucking raft for days with nothing to stare at but the ocean while SOBER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFEfxNlzJJc
>captcha: select all images with boats
>>
First aid kit so I can aid myself if injured.
Hunting rifle to catch food.
Fishing rod for catching food.
Tent for shelter.
>>
>>26665280
All I'm saying is I've done some freshwater and saltwater fishing. Freshwater fishing with a rod is productive. Not the case in salt water. A typical "desert island" with shallows would make netting or spearfishing more viable. All "some shit I made" has to do is trap or poke the fish. Without bait, strong line, or basically a tacklebox, idk about rod fishing.
>>
File: rsz_1rsz_1413927351490.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1rsz_1413927351490.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3000
CYOA thread?

>>26664475
>purifier
can't expect to survive without clean water
>knife
useful for a lot of things
>first aid kit
don't want to die to some shit

kind of conflicted on the last option
>flare gun
so that i can get off the island
>rope
see >>26665101

>>26665124
can't really leave with just a raft and if you have the flare gun you can get picked up at the island

I fucking hate 4chan's shitty file size limit
Sorry if the text is too small
>>
>>26665338
>Water is the biggest most important factor to consider, this is crucial to survive.

Your water purifier doesn't last more than a month though. Boiling water via pot using a mirror as a fire source is the best route imo.
>>
>>26665399
never mind, the file size actually seems alright. still a bit pissed at having to resize this shit
pls don't ban me mods
>>
>people picking tent when there's a tarp and a raft
why
>>
>>26665411
OP didn't specify enough about the island.

I it sees constant rain, I can use the nylon tent to trap water.
>>
>>26665411
That assumes you have a lot of chemical energy around in the form of branches or leaves for your fire.
>>
Pot
>for boiling shit

Hand saw
>for sawing shit
>weapon

Fishing rod
>fishing for food

First aid kit
>could come in handy for scrapes, cuts and bruises
>>
>>26665311
what the fuck you gonna boil the weed in dipshit you kind of skipped that part thinking about cooking pot brownies
>>
File: 1455585645705.png (362 KB, 555x350) Image search: [Google]
1455585645705.png
362 KB, 555x350
>>26665338
OK namefaggot, I'll play your game.

>Matches
starting a fire isn't fun without an easy flame source. Best to not waste energy on that.

>Knife
Shit WILL need to be cut. Unless there's some nice stone and you know how to break it right, you'll need this.

>Water purifier
The pot would be nice, but as another anon said, this is an island. The pot will go to shit in a few days from the salt water.

>tossups: Tent/Tarp/Hammock
This all depends on what kind of island I'm on. If it's a desert island, the tarp. If it's a tropical island, the hammock. If this is any sort of temperate or arctic island, the tent will keep me warm better.

Eat shit namefaggot.
>>
>>26665449
COuldnt the tent, if you wanted it to, simply be taken down and used as a tarp, OP doesnt specify the size of either, so neither would really be advantageous as a tarp, and the tent also doubles as a tent.

A compass can be used to direct yourself simply within the island so you dont get lost like a fucking dumbass, ie "im going north, when i want to go back ill head south" rather than "im going this way, when i come back ill totally know where im gojng!"
>>
>>26665399
MECHANICAL BEHEMOTH NIGGA

I'm effectively a B2 Bomber
>>
File: 1454127468490.jpg (31 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1454127468490.jpg
31 KB, 505x431
>>26665502
>boil the weed
he didnt even chose the weed dude.
Are you sure you're not smoking weed rn?
this entire post man, what the fuck?
>>
>iPod
So I can be able to listen to at least 50 of my favorite albums and not have to completely bore myself to death (that is until it runs out in a few hours).

>Vitamins
Might as well if I'm not going to eat as much as I used (depending on the natural resources nearby or lack thereof).

>5 ounces of weed
Give me this and about 20+ packs of rolling papers (along with total solitude & extreme isolation away from society), 10 joints a day and I'll be psychologically satisfied for a GOOD while.

>Hunting Rifle
So I can commit suicide after I've ran out of all my weed.
>>
Give more details on the climate It might be a desert island or a tropical one there's a big difference. Ex: on a tropical island you won't need the water purifier since it rains quite often so you just need to collect raining water.
>>
File: 1447859807202.jpg (45 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
1447859807202.jpg
45 KB, 570x487
>>26665517
HAHA YOU FELL FOR MY TRAP CARD NIGGA

I was only pretending to be retarded, you on the other hand weren't. There exists no portable water purifier on earth that can purifier salt water faggot.

Enjoy your death
>>
>Weed
>Knife
>First aid kit
>Ipod

>Get high
>Take painkillers
>Listen to music
>Open up wrists

Fuck you deserted island you didn't win.
>>
EZ! you fuckin plebs just dont get it!

Its so simple, you gets the fishing rod, water purifier, matches and weed. Pretty much sit tight eating fish and lightin doob with your drinkable water shooting flares every now and then and just wait. Also, for you plebs asking how to light up? Ez flares are combustible, also for those asking how u gonna smoke up? Ez, you just find a way everytime. Its 2015 someone will find you don't worry senpai.
>>
>>26665628
First aid kit would likely have shitty advil or stupid shit like that, depending on the medication, taking enough to numb the pain of slitting your wrists could end up murdering your kidneys, and EXTREMELY painful way to die.
>>
>>26665640
woops lol, so high right now i meant to gets the flare gun instead of matches.
>>
>>26664475
>Flare gun
>Tent
>Fishing rod
>Vitamins

>>26665399
>Drake
>Bronze/Black
>Guardian
>Sagacity
>>
>>26665654
for you
aksjdnsjjsbdboriginal
>>
>>26665608
>Might as well if I'm not going to eat as much as I used (depending on the natural resources nearby or lack thereof).

Vitamin pills are actually useless because you need a lot fiber in order to absorb them into your blood stream.
>>
>>26665567
tents have doors on them and are awkwardly shaped, so moving it about would be a hassle
the tarp can just be rolled up

>A compass can be used to direct yourself simply within the island so you dont get lost like a fucking dumbass
there's also the sun/stars for navigation
>>
>>26665621
>implying I would put salt water through the purifier

Also, have you never thought about how shit seems to rust quicker when its near the sea? That's why the pot would be shit.
>>
>>26664475
>first aid kit
Medical supplies, also gauze can be used to burn. Medkits contain mirrors for signalling and starting fires if the sun is at the right height.
>knife
absolutely essential
>tarp
sleep under and collect rainwater with, more versatile than tent
>handsaw
for processing lumber, will allow me to make a bow drill, was tempted to take matches instead though.

This is surprisingly difficult. I would have loved to have taken the pot, rope, hammock and matches too. In fact I'm tempted to switch out the first aid kit for the pot.
>>
>>26665124
LOL yeah and what, sail out into open ocean for who knows how long and possibly just get fucked up by some storm and drown. Chill out free willy.
>>
>>26664475
>Tarp
Has it's uses but nah.
>Sunscreen
If you can find some shade you'll be fine without it. Plus it would run out real quick.
>Toilet paper
Come on... not needed desu.
>Pot (1)
Use this for cooking food over a fire or boiling seawater.
>iPod
Nigga I'm trying to survive, not listen to Blink 182.
>Hiking boots
Really only useful if you plan on going long distance - not necessary.
>Hand saw
Kind of a bulkier version of a knife but it would be useful for firewood cutting.
>Flare gun
Literally only useful if you hear helicopters or planes nearby.
>Raft
Yeah... I'm thousands of miles away from civilization - forget it.
>Flashlight
Nah... a campfire gives a nice light.
>Insect repellent
Runs out quick
>Hammock
Nigga I'm trying to survive not relax.
>Compass
Just look at where the sun is at. Rises in east and sets in the west.
>Mirror
Nah
>Vitamins
Nah
>Water purifier
Could break easily
>Fishing rod
Nah - not a whole lot fish nearby and plus you need bait.
>Rope
Maybe
>Hunting rifle
I'm going to need some bullets
>5 ounces of weed
Nigga I'm trying to survive not get high.
>First aid kit (2)
Yeah you could really use this. A bad cut could end you on a deserted island so some gauze and peroxide would be exceedingly useful.
>Tent (3)
This would be perfect. It provides shelter from the elements and the sun.
>Knife (4)
Extremely useful tool - arguably most useful.
>Matches
You can make a fire without them
>Volleyball
Hell nah
>>
File: 1448137973681.gif (515 KB, 700x795) Image search: [Google]
1448137973681.gif
515 KB, 700x795
>>26665687
It doesn't matter what you choose, death would surely come.

I wish the pic was specific in what TYPE of pot it was.

But alas...

>matches will run out
>purifier literally useless in salt water
>knife will dull
>first aid would provide no effective means of treating a serious injury

You're going to die no matter what.
>>
File: 1390188181312.jpg (2 MB, 1600x2347) Image search: [Google]
1390188181312.jpg
2 MB, 1600x2347
always love these kinds of threads
>>
>tarp
Good for shelter and rain water collection as secondary water source as well as improvised storage
>water purifier
Water duh
>knife
A billion uses
>matches
To start a fire

Ideally, id set up somewhere off a beach. Tarp goes up for shelter in case of storms until I make a decent shelter. Id also plan to keep a fire going 24/7, to conserve matches.

My days would pretty much be spent finding firewood and slowly upgrading my shelter. Id also test to see what local flora I could eat, if there are any coconut trees which would be a godsend, and any native animals that I could hunt.
>>
Make a pot out of hardened clay. Fire is the hardest thing to make and maintain so fucking build that first. You don't need any tools just a knife or a saw that is up to preference. A saw can be reverse blade sharpened too over time using a rock so again, preference.

A tarp is suitable to help a shelter. Is it a warm island? If so then fuck the tent just get a tarp and build a shelter. Its also a skill you'll need.

Fishing rod is nice and all but do you have any hooks? bait? What happens when you lose your hook? Sorry, it works for a little while but not forever.

First aid kit might be nice i'd probably take that.

If it uses electricity i'd just leave it.

water filter? Fuck the pot I have a fucking filter and something to do all day when i'm bored. Why would you not take this?

Boots? ...eh. Rather have rope.

matches run out and you need to learn to make fire, not depend on something else.

flare gun only works if somebody else is there to see it.

toilet paper runs out too..

sunscreen is retarded. Vitamins are a trap. A gun is only useful as either an exit or if there's a boat. Again useless.

Fuck who cares about a compass if its a small island. Mirror is useless.

repellent is useless. hammock might be nice in addition to the tarp.

volleyball is a fucking must. Rope is ...rope... I have a tarp i dont need rope.

dude weed lmao.

All these choices fucking suck.
>>
>>26665683
Lets face it, The sun moves over the day, and many people are too stupid to account for that, or even use the stars period. For someone smart enough, the compass is redundant, but for your average fuck, especially on here, I'd say its a decent choice.
>>
>>26664475
>water purifier
>knife
>fishing rod
>flare gun

enough to hold out with food/drink, possible make some shelter with some luck

as soon as I spot a ship or something similar I shoot the flare and go home
>>
>>26665399
>Manta
>Bronze
>Wealth
>Majesty

Good luck fucking with a manta that can fly at the edge of the atmosphere
>>
New challenge robots, what would you do once you got on the island, assuming you start on a beach?

>recon the beach for useful materials. Tonnes of shit gets washed up, I'd look for plastic water bottlers and maybe netting or rope
>head inland looking for a water source, if I find one, set up camp a good few meters away to avoid flooding, if not, set up camp near some moist soil
>dig hole in soil or near water source about a foot deep, allow water to collect inside
>if I found any clear plastic sheeting on the beach I would construct a solar still
>if I found rope on the beach, I'd use it to set up my tarp in a lean to
>if not, I spend most of the day making cordage
>string up water bottles to edges of tarp so they will collect fresh water if it rains
>don't worry much about food today, shelter and water come first

thoughts? would I make it?
>>
>>26664475
>raft
>compass
>First aid kit
>flare gun
>>
>>26664475
>water purifier
>cooking pot
>first aid kit
>flaregun

Anyone not taking first aid kit is retarded. Flaregun can signal much further than a signal fire. Cooking pot and water purifier for convenience.
>>
>>26665842
That all sounds about good.
>>
>>26665909
In my mind the cooking pot has a dual purpose. You can use it boil water and collect condensation that is clean water or you can use it cook food. You go with it every time because it's about as useful as it gets.

The flare gun is a tough one though... it might really be your only hope of getting out of there.
>>
>>26665910
If I had the time before night I'd also look into making a bowdrill, which shouldn't be too hard because I went for a knife and a handsaw. If I saw any stones about the right size I'd keep them too, either for ammunition for a sling down the line or to form an axe head.
>>
ipod
rope
hammock
volleyball
>>
>>26665399
>dragonborn
>crystal
>guardian
>sagacity

comfy crystal castle, or maybe something similar to the duke's archives from dark souls

seems pretty nice if you ask me since I can pick a famous site and shit crystal all over it to protect it
>>
>>26664475

Flare gun to signal for help if a plane or ship passes by.

Tent to have shelter in

Water purifier to not shit myself with entertaining parasites.

Hunting rifle to hunt with and/or shoot myself with if things get too bad.
>>
>>26664672
>Tfw you actually did start a fire w/o matches one.

Was a bitch to do though would not recommend.
>>
>>26665399
>Dragon
>Red
>Guardian, Hagia Sophia
>Sagacity
>>
>>26664475
Knife
Water purification
Fishing rod
Matches
Food, water, and heat plus I can make plenty of stuff with the knife.
>>
mirror so im not lonely
>>
I'm not sure why we everyone says they should go with a knife. You could probably produce a fairly reliable hand axe with a rock within a day. Not quite as sharp or versitle as a metal knife but it would do the job reasonably well.
>>
>>26664475
Mirror
Tarp
pot
knife
Mirror because it works better then a signal flare shine that shit at planes they will see it and can start fires
tarp for shelter
pot for clean water because salt water is useless
knife for creating fishing rods and gutting fish
>>
>>26666089
good luck making an axe without a knife dude

good luck processing game with a stone axe, good luck carving intricate tools and utensils with a stone axe
>>
>>26665792
Arcology
Sorceress
Eye
Keepers
Find me

Basically the plan is to chill in the arcology while the sorceress teaches me magic, and defeat the easier of the nemeses using the eye to find it.

This seems to me like the optimal way to win this shit.
>>
Rope, tent, knife and hiking boots

Boy Scouts would've paid off with this
>>
>>26666123

A hand axe dude, it doesn't need a handle. Take rock, smack against other rock until you have a pointy end and it conforms to your hand. Now you're as well armed as a caveman. Day 2 you can invent the spear.
>>
Weed
iPod
Matches
Rifle

we all know how this will end
>>
>>26666154
To expand

Hiking boots will be very important going inland looking for a water source

You can make a spear with sticks or bamboo for fish. Fishing rod will do no good if you don't know how to look for bait
>>
>>26666162
rocks don't keep keep an edge sharp enough for that kind of work. You could use a stone one for cutting down trees and processing wood, but it would be useless for everything else. You'd need flint to get close to the intricacy of a knife, and flintknapping takes serious skill, knowledge and the end product will also be utterly inferior to a metal blade in every way.
>>
>>26666203
it depends on whether or not you get a "regular" pair of shoes if you opt out of taking the hiking boots. I would survive in my regular sneekers but if I was expected to go barefooted than hiking boots suddenly become essential
>>
Pot
Fishing rod
Knife
Flare gun

I would use my pot to collect water from plants and maybe coconuts
I would fish with the fishing rod
I would find a nice sheltered spot and create a leaf bed and use large leaves to make a funnel to my pot for rainwater.

I would do all this until a ship or a plane flying low came by and hope they notice me.
V2 escape version
Raft
Fishing rod
Tarp
Pot

Upon arriving on the island I would find all possible food then bring it on the raft, tarp to protect me from the sun while on the raft as well as collect rainwater when it rains and collect in the pot, fishing rod for fish
>>
Knife - self explanatory
Tent
Flare Gun
First aid kid
>>
Mirror
Tarp
Knife
First Aid

You have shelter, utility, health, and a signal + firestarter. Objectively the best for survival.
>>
I bring NOTHING and bend nature to my will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE
>>
Hand Saw - will make my life much easier in building/crafting shit

Med kit - I don't want to cut myself and die of an infection

Pot - because I want to cook my food in a semi clean place/store fresh water

Flare gun - I don't want to be there forever, and inflatable life raft is just suicide
>>
>weed
always a good idea, might find some seeds in there too. would also need to find a way to make alcohol
>water purifier
need clean water obviously
>first aid kit
getting wounded without any access to modern medicine is never fun
>knife
probably the most useful thing of the bunch. not only does it perform all the usual knife functions, it can be used to make pretty much everything else I would need on a deserted island
>>
>all these mirror + weed fags

Proof that /r9k/ has never gone outside
>>
Tent, knife, fishing pole, flare gun

I have all my basic needs for survival and I can signal for help whenever a ship passes by.
>>
File: 6673567568.jpg (25 KB, 450x234) Image search: [Google]
6673567568.jpg
25 KB, 450x234
Weed
> don't smoke just use it to barter with the local trees in exchange for their fruit and herbal medicines

Pot
>bang out some sweet beats
>haha look i'm a pot head

Insect Repellent
>repel self through the air
>a snack in these trying times
>ralph plz go

Knife
>cut the ham out of the hammock for food
>cut the bacteria out of wound to sterilize
>cut the salt out of salt water
>cut a hole in space and go home
>>
>>26664475
Purifier to drink.
Tent for shelter.
Hunting rifle to hunt or off myself.
Flashlight to see in the dark.

Smartest choice imo.
>>
>>26666298
Damn, that looks pretty comfy
>>
>>26664475
>water purifier
for water
>first aid kit
for booboos
>knife
for hunting, constructing shelter, choppin shit
>matches
matches make fwi fwi

>>26665842
>search beach for anything useful, if I washed up in a crash chances are debris from whatever happened has also washed up here
>get some agua in me
>spend most of the day gathering materials until it's almost dark or I feel like I have enough - fallen branches and limbs, dense foliage, saplings, any obvious food
>start a fire on the beach at the edge of the trees
>work on creating some kind of shelter for the night, probably by just stacking wood together and layering with bushes, will make something more permanent later
>see if I can catch a fish (or eat berries or whatever if I found them earlier)

over the next days I would cut strips of bark from the saplings to make into rope. I can use the rope and my gathered materials to make a more secure shelter which I would put on a hill or somewhere "up." depending on how successful I had been with finding food I might make a net from the sapling strands in order to trap fishies. I don't perform well on an empty tummy.
>>
>>26664475
>people choosing pot or water purifier
>not using a tin/can found on the island
>>
>>26666288
>>26666288
>mirror
>firestarter
yeah, try and start a fire with just a mirror and tell me how that goes
>>
>>26666434
if there's a tin can on the island then there's probably civilization nearby
>>
>>26664672
It's hard, but not that hard. I did it all the time in boy scouts. Gives you a good feeling of accomplishment.
>>
>>26666442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwmYMsKzk24

nigga u dum
>>
>>26666403
>Not using torch instead of flashlight/muhmuh batteries

c'mon son
>>
>Coatl
Seems quick and agile but not overly large like the other serpentine dragons
>Umbral
Harder for people to spot you at night and easier for you to see them
>Hibernation
It's the most reliable option I can see, I can just go to somewhere with low population density and bury myself deep inside a cave
>Masked
Whoever does see me will probably not be able to recall it fully and seem insane also other dragons wont notice me

With these options I am basically an ultimate night predator I am fast and agile can see extremely well and poison and confuse my prey whilst also leaving little trace of my existence I could just go off to some 3rd world country and feed off people and animals at night for all my life and sleep underground during the day
>>
>>26664475
water purifier so i dont get dehydration from the shits
handsaw because someone was a massive bastard putting a handsaw and knife on here instead of an axe
pot useful to carry water and cook food
4th it's kind of a tie between the boots and knife so tie breaker is I'd take the hunting rifle instead and shoot myself in the head
>>
>all these people choosing the first aid kit

How often do you idiots plan on injuring yourselves? If you aren't prone to accidents on the mainland you aren't going to suddenly twist your ankle on tree roots. That kind of shit only happens in movies to add drama.
>>
You do know you can purify water with sand and rocks, right?
>>
Weed matches and a rifle to shoot myself
>>
>>26666498
It's essential to look after your feet in a survival situation, that's why I'm taking it. Also, you're more prone to injury in the wilderness, and injury in the wilderness can quickly become life threatening if you don't clean the wound, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>26666498
>being in my room is the same thing as surviving in the wild
>lol bro you gunna hurt yourself bro lmao xD
>>
15 ounces of weed and matches
i dont know how to survive anyway might as well die happy on drugs
>>
>>26666535
>>26666566

You're more likely to need a first aid kit in the city than in the wilderness.
>>
>>26665449
>rope
nigga there's vines

also
>implying the ipod isn't solar powered.
>>
>>26666608
Yeah because scaling dangerous terrain, working with knives, hunting game and fighting for your life in general doesn't risk injury? Not to mention if you cut your thumb in the city it's no big deal, do that in the wilderness and don't properly clean the wound and there's potential to die from it.
>>
>>26666598
>15

You're high already
>>
> source of weed
> ipod
> mirror
> volleyball

PARTY ON DUDE

Seriously, why are those even on the list.
>>
>>26664991
>You're surrounded by water you dumb fuck

Except that water is salty and if you drink too much of it, you'll probably either go insane or die very quickly
>>
>>26666658
>Yeah because scaling dangerous terrain

"Deserted islands" tend to be small, flat, and not have much to terrain that can be considered "dangeous".

>working with knives

How often do you cut yourself with a knife now? Unless you're a child or a retard the answer should be almost never. You think that chance is going to significantly rise because you're on an island?

>hunting game

What part of deserted island did you miss? The best game you're going to get is birds and fish, and the birds will leave when they realize there's a fucking predator (you) on the island.

>fighting for your life

You're stuck on an island by yourself. You're not fighting for shit.
>>
>>26664475
Hammock, iPod, Flashlight, Volleyball
>>
>>26664991
Water water everywhere so let's all have a drink
>>
>>26666752
Your post is so retarded on so many levels. Jesus Christ mate, "deserted" means a place with no people on it. It doesn't mean the island is a desert.
>>
>>26664475
I'll take 1 Navigator's Special
>>
Hand saw, hunting rifle, pot mirror

Hand saw for the ability to make multiple weapons, better than just having a knife.

Pot for food

Mirror to make fire (sun refraction and shit)

Hunting rifle to kill animals and use the scope lenses for additional sun refraction shit/good for scoping out the land early on
>>
>>26666800

There's a reason there's no people on it. Learn a little geography and think about what a typical deserted island in the Pacific would have.
>>
>>26666848
beaches, trees, coconuts, crustaceans, fish, snails, small rodents, various tropical fruits, edible ruits, varied geography, potentially fresh water

you're a retard son, time to accept that you were just plain fucking wrong
>>
>>26665399
unholy black tianlong who hibernates pls.

>read your future
>fuck with it
We troll mode now
>>
>>26665654
Yeah but he'll be dead before he has to worry about that
>>
>>26664672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEl-Y1NvBVI
>>
>>26666752

This dudes got it.

Like damn, cut yourself just put it in the ocean water and should be good.
And pot to purify water? The water will evaporate, while the salt will stay do unless you get the tarp that waters lost.
>>
>>26666938
>cut self
>clean in ocean
>then go back to walking and running and climbing around, in the dirt, with exposed wound

Not that it surprises me but some of the people on here would die so fast in the wild
>>
>>26664475
tarp for easy cover. can catch water with it as well

pot for cooking meals and boiling water

fishing rod for fishing food. catch bait/fish with stick traps, make hooks out of fish bones or something scavenged on island.

knife for different uses. can use as a mini kind of axe, can use to fillet, can use to cut vines, sharpen sticks etc.

it really depends on the island. you could find something to use as sunscreen/insect reppelent/raft/water purifier/first aid (some) and other things in the wild depending on where you are.
you can signal using certian types of fires instead of a flare gun. usually setup materials that will catch fire quick and put them high up, but it depends on if theres someone actually searching for you.
a flare gun is easily recognizable as an emergency SOS while a fire isn't really
a hammock/sleeping area could be made with trees/vines/leaves.

a tent just saves you from insects... might be better than tarp but depends where you are.
>>
>>26666867
>beaches, trees, coconuts, crustaceans, fish, snails

Yes to all of those. But out of all of those, the only thing you're going to be injuring yourself on is the trees/coconut combo, and if you're climbing trees to get a coconut then you're literally retarded and a first aid kit won't be helping you.

>small rodents

No. Rodents don't just appear on islands. They have to come from somewhere. If there's no people, there's no rodents.

>various tropical fruits, edible ruits

Okay. Still not seeing the part where you need a first aid kit.

>varied geography

Again, no. Pacific islands are constantly being weathered down by torrential rain, hurricanes/typhoons, and changes in the water level.

>potentially fresh water

Still no first aid kit needed.
>>
Newspaper, paperclip and a stray cat and I got myself a radio to call for help.
>>
>>26666994
>No. Rodents don't just appear on islands. They have to come from somewhere. If there's no people, there's no rodents.
I'm honestly lost for words.
>>
I'm thinking raft, rope, tent and matches. Now I can hot air balloon myself away.
>>
>>26667012

Bro if you've got mice on your deserted island then either someone shipwrecked there before you or there's another island not that far away.
>>
>>26667070
neither of which make the island any less deserted

Also, not like the earth used to be one massive pangea or anything right?
>>
Water Purifier
>No water, you die in 5 days max
Tent
>Instant Shelter
>Should last a while
>Can be repurposed as tarp or used to fortify a more permanent structure
Matches
>Making a fire without out them is wayyy harder than it seems. Not leaving that up to chance.
First aid kit
>only if it contains real medicine(antibiotics, iodine, painkillers, suture kit, etc.)

If it's just bandaids I'd take the fishing pole
>Fish for food
>Use excess line to make traps or tie shit together.
>>
>>26667089
>neither of which make the island any less deserted

No, but it does mean that it's either a somewhat traveled area, or there is civilization nearby.

>Also, not like the earth used to be one massive pangea or anything right?

Holy shit you don't know how islands are made do you?
>>
Raft, good fishing rod, tarp, flare gun. Leaving for sea eventuality and not burning in the sun. Use raft plus tarp for sheter, to gather rain water, going to deeper water where fishing is better. Stick around on island until the plane is flying over head, hope im being looked for, shoot flare. Or i get enough supplies, food and water gathered and decided I'm not getting rescued, then head to sea to hope for a miracle end the get crushed in a storm.
>>
>>26664475
I only take the rope so I can kill myself.
>>
>>26667106
>>No, but it does mean that it's either a somewhat traveled area, or there is civilization nearby.
That doesn't make a difference. The whole point of being stranded on a desert island is to survive until rescue.
>you don't know how islands are made?
And you seem to think that it's impossible for any sort of life to be indigenous to an island
>>
>>26664475
I'm getting off this place asap so: raft, rope, gun and first aid kit.

I shoot a sea creature to knock it out. Quickly grab it and tie it to my raft. Patch the thing up with bandage and wait for it to recover. Once it's moving I shoot around it to get it swimming away, dragging me to safety.
>>
Purifier, tent, boat, fishing rod
Food, shelter, water. Done
>>
>>26667117
Oh to add and you can steal water from the ground with a tarp if needed. Dig deep enough, stretch tarp over hole, with something under the center, and pin down the sides with rocks. Then place a less heavy rock and over time, the water for the ground will gather on the tarp and drip into whatever at center of the hole.
>>
Weed and volleyball. Don't want anything else.
>>
>>26667141
>The whole point of being stranded on a desert island is to survive until rescue.

Right, and you don't need a first aid kit unless you're intentionally doing something stupid like climbing trees.

>And you seem to think that it's impossible for any sort of life to be indigenous to an island

I never said that. The vast majority of deserted islands aren't going to have rodents on them because the vast majority of islands rose out of the ocean from either volcanic activity or coral reefs.
>>
>>26667179
This guy.
Chatting so much breeze.
>>
>>26667179
if you can't see how surviving in the wild will injure you then I just don't know what to say to you man, you have to exert energy to survive. Working with blades, crafting tools, processing wood, fishing, hunting animals, all inherently dangerous activities.
>>
>>26667204

People do literally all of those things every day and the rate of injury for any of them is absolutely minuscule when you take into account the number of people doing them. My question is, why do you believe that injury is suddenly much more likely just because you're doing it in the wild?
>>
>>26664475
The rope to hang myself
>>
>>26667234
are you some sort of seer? Can you look into a crystal ball and see exactly how often people get injured doing these things? In the wild, you do these activities more often, and with more primitive tools. You do them in harsh conditions, you're exhausted from walking, haven't slept much, are dehydrated and hungry. If you have any more questions take it to the /out/ thread on this topic because I simply cannot handle your level of retardation any longer.
>>
>>26667234
I was thinking of the first aid kit as like a real med kit, not just band aids. If the kit had antibiotics, pain killers, antiseptic, and sutures it would be extremely useful. Dysentery and cholera would be awful ways to die, and just in case you did seriously injure yourself you could have a sliver of hope to not die from infection.
>>
>>26667268
>are you some sort of seer? Can you look into a crystal ball and see exactly how often people get injured doing these things?

Hospital records and workplace accident reports. You might have a point with home incidents, but again it's common sense that the number of people injuring themselves with a knife is extraordinarily small compared to the amount of people that use a knife in a day.

The fact of the matter is that you're entranced with the story tale version of being stuck on an island. A story has action, suspense, and thrills. But reality is boring and dry. Read about real survival stories about people stuck in the wild. It's mostly just sitting around waiting for someone to eventually find you.
>>
>>26667366
>boring and dry
Island survival is fucking awful, it's not boring in the slightest. 99% of people on this board would die within a month. Not to mention using a knife to cut a tomato in your kitchen isn't going to be nearly as likely to injure you as using it to craft something in the rain when you've gone three days without eating.
>>
I'll just take the rifle and shoot myself
>>
>>26664475
Pot (cauldron pot, not the weed): Can boil water and food
Tent: For shelter
Knife: Useful in all situations
First Aid: Assuming it'll last the whole time on the island, important for dressing wounds so they don't get infected.
>>
File: 1447094487035.jpg (156 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1447094487035.jpg
156 KB, 960x640
You guys know that a water purifier doesn't desalinate it, right? You're much better off with the pot.
>>
>not choosing the knife
I don't care what your reasoning is if you didn't choose the knife you're a fucking retard and you will die within a week.
>>
>>26667632
They never specified how large the island was.
If it were big enough its not that far fetched to think there was some sort of inland water source.
Purifying your water is less of a pain in the ass than desalinating it.
>>
File: 1456113042376.jpg (363 KB, 980x601) Image search: [Google]
1456113042376.jpg
363 KB, 980x601
>>26664744
>gang green

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
>>
>>26664475
knife and saw for cutting shit, tarp for shelter and collecting rain water, pot for boiling the water

any other choices are retarded
>>
matches, weed, hunting rifle, ipod

get high, blow my brains out while listening to music
>>
The hunting rifle, so I can use it to shoot myself.
>>
just the weed and the hammock.
smoke all the weed then hang myself with the hammock
>>
>>26664475

>pot
Can boil water and cook food.

>tent
I'm a ginger. I get sunlight allergies, and something tells me that on a desert island, it'd be sunny a lot.

>knife
can't not have a knife

>fishing rod
assuming ive got plenty of hooks and line. if not, then...

>mirror
makes fire
>>
SURVIVAL ITEMS TIER LIST

ELDER GOD TIER:
>Pot
>Knife
>Matches

GOD TIER:
>Tarp
>Rope
>First aid kit

High tier
>Fishing rod
>Tent
>Raft

USEFUL BUT NOT REALLY NEEDED TIER:
>Flashlight
>Water Purifier (>implying that shit would last 5 minutes in salt water)
>Hunting Rifle
>Hammock
>Hiking Boots
>Compass
>Mirror
>Flaregun

WORTHLESS LUXURIES TIER
>Sunscreen
>Insect Repellent
>Hunting rifle
>IPod
>Vitamins
>Toilet paper

CAST AWAY TIER
>Volleyball

DUDE
>WEED
>>
>>26664475

Knife, Tent, pot, matches. In that order.

All of my bases are now covered.
>>
File: 1409033896344.png (521 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
1409033896344.png
521 KB, 800x559
I'll choose Wislon 2bh. Feels bad to be alone.
>>
>>26664475
Ipod, weed, raft and ipod.
>>
>>26664475

Weed
Matches
Hammock
Knife

>Lay on the beach
>Catch fish, gut with the knife, and cook over a roaring fire
>Carve a bong from a coconut, using bamboo shoots for the stem and downstem
>Lay in my hammock, warm and cozy from the fire
>Gently puff on a bowl of high grade marijuana in my tropical paradise
>Watch the sunset as I enjoy my roasted fish and clams seasoned with herbs
>Once the weed runs out, burn down all of the foliage on the island and hop aboard the ship which is likely to approach
>Sue anyone culpable for me being stranded for the 'immense trauma' suffered on the island
>Use massive lawsuit settlement to purchase the island and a boat
>Hire construction crew to build me a house on the island, equipped with solar panels and modern amenities
>Grow more weed on my island, and continue the cycle of enjoying my solitude with homecooked fish, weed, and a hammock
>>
>>26665449
The knife is better for killing than the saw.
Are you going to catch the animal with your hands and then hold it down while you saw it to death?
>>
File: island.png (512 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
island.png
512 KB, 1366x768
What would you pick if it was this island?
>>
all you really need is the knife and compass
_______ :^) ______
>>
>>26670004
a gun
to kill myself with
>>
Weed, iPod, Hunting Rifle and hammock
> kick back and chill for a bit then off myself when i get bored or hungry
>>
>>26664475
Late reply, but I assume that wild life and the supplies you can take are limited. Let's say that you're stuck on this island for longer than a year until SAR comes.

I would have to choose: knife, hand saw, matches and the tarp.

Knife will be your most useful survival tool , the hand saw is to cut larger branches or to cut down a small tree. Matches obviously to light a fire and a tarp to collect rain water and can be used for other purposes.

Now the island will most likely be a raining shit hole and you won't have anything to burn because your fuel will be constantly soaked. You need the hacksaw to cut down small trees and then cut into logs so you can start a drying process.
>>
>>26668849
Unless you find a cave, that pot is going to rust.
>>
File: 1435766456944.jpg (146 KB, 798x612) Image search: [Google]
1435766456944.jpg
146 KB, 798x612
>Water Purifier
obvious reasons
>Mirror
use it to start fires because I assume matches are limited, also to check out caveman mode gains (would have to use friction at night or in the rain)
>Knife
can be used for hunting and to sharpen sticks to create spears for fishing
>Rope
bind together a shelter made out of lumber, which I will have cut down with an axe made of stone which I also binded together with said rope
>>
File: 5511.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
5511.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>26664475

I set on this for about 20 minutes, and I believed I reached the best choice possible.

First, I divided all the items into 3 categories:

1. Basic survival items like knife and rope
2. Items that are important but not basic like fishing rod or matches
3. Unrelated shit you don't need like toilet paper and iPod

>Water purifier
The island is deserted, so I assume there are no water sources other than sea water. So water purifier is a 100% must. No purifier = Automatic death.
This belongs on category 2 because MAYBE you can collect rain water only but they'll make your life shit.

>Tent
In a deserted place it's dangerous to have no shelter. A tent is a complete necessity.
Also, it can possibly be used as a tarp.
Belongs on category 1.

>Hunting rifle
4 important uses:

1. Scope as binoculars
2. Hunting
3. Protraction
4. Suicide.

>Matches
Absolute must. To be used for hunting, light, protection and portable light.

This is the best choice. Nothing is better.
>>
>>26670454
>implying a water purifier would last long
>implying you couldn't just boil water
>implying you could not just create your own shelter
>implying OP's image said anything about ammunition
>implying matches are infinite
>>
>>26670454
Why do people think deserted islands are nothing but constant sunshine? Rain water is enough to keep you going, so there's no need for any water purifier.

>tent
You can most likely build your own shelter with branches, leaves and brush around the island. Or you no, find a cave on the island. It's convenient to have at first but it's a wasted pick.

>hunting rifle
Now that you've established you'll be living in a tent rather than a cave, your gun is going to get soaked and will corrode. Convenient at first, but yet again another wasted pick. I don't think you would be encountering any large mammal on an island other than a boar, which can be lured into a trap or killed with a spear made with your knife.

>matches
The only thing you got right.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.