[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at a normal fag party >girl puts on a drake song >she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1409752933274.jpg (434 KB, 884x1323) Image search: [Google]
1409752933274.jpg
434 KB, 884x1323
>at a normal fag party
>girl puts on a drake song
>she keeps saying "the feels, the feels"

When did normal fags start appropriating our memes and spouting them in real life?
>>
Don't be silly we are just the meme slaves who make memes for our normie masters. Get back to work meme slave the normies need more edgy memes.
>>
>>26664229
this is some sjw logic right here
>>
u were thinking about internet memes at a party
>>
>>26664289
bullshit, fuck Drake>>26664229
im with you OP
>>
You are a normalfag going to parties. They aren't your memes.
>>
>>26664789
says the guy who sits on his computer all day.. Go outside, there is a world out there man
>>
We don't have memes anymore. Memes are the property of normalfags now.
>>
File: rejectedsnowman.jpg (61 KB, 520x341) Image search: [Google]
rejectedsnowman.jpg
61 KB, 520x341
>>26664229
why in the hell are the quotation marks in the first bubble upside down? Who DOES that?

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
>>
Like 5 fucking years ago, OP.

As soon as longcat T-shirts popped in hot topic.
>>
File: 1324235636391.jpg (53 KB, 400x426) Image search: [Google]
1324235636391.jpg
53 KB, 400x426
>>26664992
memes are only called memes because Bill Maher coined the term to describe religion, and someone thought it was an apt description for silly images that proliferate.

People picked up memes because people are prone to proliferating nonsense ideas (early survival instincts leading up to agriculture and other group-based evolution).

We proliferate memes nonstop with nothing else to do because our genetic purpose used to be that of random storage/proliferation (dedicated to that). We performed minor modifications to cause memes to proliferate better, sometimes at the cost of the message; as the message itself got more important, our usefulness panned out.

4chan - and other meme-sharing websites - provide an environment for us to function in. We still serve the same purpose, but it's mostly diminished because the big league world events don't center around them. That is changing though; peoples' emotions are easily swayed when under the influx of numerous memes, and with increased exposure everywhere, it will become the preferred methodology for sharing information.

Currently, that sharing of information requires the reader to hold an immense amount of knowledge about the subject involved (see: science) but those who are best at modifying memes can slowly chunk down that complexity to let the modern person take advantage. There is a gradient here; regardless of how smart you may be, if you make memes of important things, someone will make them easier to understand, and even if they lose their fundamental meaning, they will have physical value in that the quantum informatic structure will preserve the entanglement holding us to our place in the universe.

Jesus christ I'm tired.
>>
>>26665134
oh and as a point to back up my point:

Many women who go to parties - particularly those who trail betas around - act as a social guide for the person who normally sucks at socializing. That beta often has a higher-than-average intelligence, and thus while he doesn't talk to everyone, he does talk to the smart people, and he also talks to her, and she provides commentary on that which she doesn't understand, increasing public awareness and driving society forward as naught but a carrier of information.

Source: I've talked to a bunch of women who have admitted that they have no fundamental desires in life except to do this party-bouncing thought-spreading, and when questioned about the guy that (obviously) always went with them, said that they brought him with to be a conversation piece.

Just so you know, next time a girl asks you out to a party, it's not because she wants you, it's because you're driving an evolutionary purpose: Meme-spreading. She doesn't want your genes, she wants to work with you to evolve culture. IMHO that's equally noble.

I really need to get some sleep.
>>
File: 1454993563776.jpg (132 KB, 503x711) Image search: [Google]
1454993563776.jpg
132 KB, 503x711
>>26664229
>I saw a middle schooler with a fucking smug pepe taped onto her tit.
>>
>>26664229
>every normie is stealing your memes and things you say...be careful
>>
>>26665134
Richard Dawkins and biologists coined the term "memes" for genes that have some little advantage that helps them reproduce themselves
>>
>>26665260
so shes using you to seem more "cultured". thats her real intention.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.