[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /beer/ here? >hate the taste of hard liquor but love the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: beer.jpg (996 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
996 KB, 2000x1000
Who /beer/ here?
>hate the taste of hard liquor but love the taste of beer
I don't drink it to get drunk or anything I just genuinely love the taste of it. Sweet tasting drinks are for faggots btw.
>>
>Sweet tasting drinks are for faggots btw.

I agree, the only time I think we can agree OP was not faggot was this once.
>>
Checking in. I love me a nice pint of beer after a hard day of work. Drinking it on an empty stomach makes me feel all fuzzy and happy.
>>
Depends on the beer. I dislike most american beers. Tastes like shit.
>>
>>26662683
Most beers taste good even American. Bud Light for instance is overrated but still decent. So what exactly is your preferred beer?
>>
>>26662653
Well t-thanks anon-kun :3
>>
>>26662917
Haven't had enough to really say. I don't drink often but when I do I prefer something that's not beer.
>>
>>26662613
How the fucking christ can you like beer tho? I can shoot straight vodka as many times as I like, but one sip of beer makes me puke.
>>
>>26662990
I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
>>
>>26663049
To each their own I guess. It's the exact opposite effect for me.
>>
>>26662613
>Sweet tasting drinks are for faggots btw.
Beer is sweet tasting.
>>
Can't stand the taste of any alcohol. I just drink to get drunk.
>>
File: milk.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>26662613

I never really was a beer guy, pretty much liquid bread.

However I live in Colorado, and the Micro-brewery industry here is crazy.

I have quite a few favorites, but the Left Hand Milk Stout on Nitro is nice.

Also really like Old Rasputin Imperial Stout.
>>
>>26663275
>Beer is sweet tasting.

Umm, no. The primary flavour of beer is hops, which is bitter.

>>26663049
You're probably drinking shitty beer. If you're drinking light American "beer" or weak Danish lager then it's going to taste like piss.
>>
>>26662613
I used to only be about hard liquor/mix drinks, but recently (and by recently I mean over the past year that I have been able to guy alcohol legally here in the States. Yay absurdly high drinking age.)
Mostly light stuff, but I've been developing a taste for very dark beers, like Stouts.
IPA's are they only thing I still absolutely revile. That bitter aftertaste ruins the drink for me.
>>
>>26662613
Yeah nigguh. Too bad if I drink alot I just get sleepy.

It's the whiskeys for me nowadays.
>>
>>26663275
But it's literally not.
>>
>>26663353
Are you me? IPA beer is literally the only kind of beer that I hate.
>>
I can't handle any liquor at all. People say that it's because an empty stomach but even when I'm full I get a headache after drinking half a bottle of beer. I don't know how people can drink over 6.
>>
>>26663643
Holy shit nigga what's wrong with you? What's your height and weight?
>>
>>26663353
IPAs are like a sore in your mouth you keep poking because it hurts but it feels kinda good.

Without sounding pretentious you either acquire a taste for them or you dont. There are some absolute shit ones as well where they just cram as many hops as humanly possible into a beer and call it an IPA.
>>
>>26662613
I only drink hard alcohol
>>
>>26663353
>>26663584
It's an acquired taste. I hated IPAs the first few times I had them but now they're one of my favourite varieties.

I drink a lot less than I used to now. I'm certainly no beer connoisseur. I just go to this bottleshop that has a pretty good selection and pick something new to try that has a decent rating online.
>>
>>26663665
140lb manlet
>>
>>26663712
Well that explains it then.
>>
>>26663323
That's probably not why. Light beers are easier to drink if anything.

It takes a more complex palette to appreciate better beer. Much like appreciating a finer hard liquor.

I love beer and I love liquor but I still don't care for red ales and I am not a big fan of straight gin wheras I can drink pretty much any other liquor straight.
>>
>>26663319
COfag here too

I'm about to turn 21 and have always loved beers.

What's the name for the category of dark brown beers? I've always liked those best
>>
Why do all neckbeard losers hate beer? Seriously, like every single one I meet says they love drinking vodka but they hate beer. It's so common.
>>
>>26665164
It's probably because a liquor like Vodka takes the pain away because they can't get over the fact that they'll be a virgin forever.
>>
>>26665103
Dark brown is usually considered a red ale. Black is traditionally called a stout.
>>
>>26663323
>Umm, no. The primary flavour of beer is hops, which is bitter.
The primary flavor of beer is malt, which is sweet. Even IPAs are sweet.
>>
>>26665164
Drinking beer can be a very social thing.
Guess what neckbeards aren't.
>>
>>26666314
Neckbeards seem to hate everything that involves fun
>>
File: 1396761858456.jpg (351 KB, 657x890) Image search: [Google]
1396761858456.jpg
351 KB, 657x890
>>26662613

Same; I like beer, can't stand the taste of liquor. I've found this in reverse for a number of people too, where they like liquor fucking hate beer.

Dunno what it is senpai. Don't fucking care either.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.