[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are SSRIS worth taking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1453204685525s.jpg (4 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
1453204685525s.jpg
4 KB, 125x108
I feel like shit and my doctor gave me these pills called "Escitalopram"

The side effects are " Possible Suicide" "brain hemmorhage" and such scary things.

Im scared to the one thing that may make me not scared anymore. I am lost.

But the most important question, is it better than alcohol?
>>
In my experience certain ones were worth taking. I like Effexor quite a lot. Those extreme side-effects are really abnormal and will most likely not affect you. You will lose your sex drive/ability to orgasm. The problem I have always had is feeling so good I decide to not take them any more, which sends me into an even worse depression than ever before and I fuck my life into oblivion. You should take them OP, but don't just quit randomly if you do.
>>
>>26660741
and yes it is better than alcohol, it is a consistent feeling of well being instead of just being super happy and then crashing like alcohol does...alcohol is definitely making your depression worse over time.
>>
>>26660828
THIS I am on effexor and I felt pretty great for a long time, so I decided I didnt need them anymore and I got my shit FUCKED UP, so I am never coming off them again not for years and with a doctors aproval
>>
>>26660828

I didn't lose sex drive, but was completely unable to cum when I was on Prozac.

Switched to Welbutrin and had the same benefits with no sexual side effects.
>>
Try a keto diet. I've been doing it for just 3 days and I notice significant mental clarity and reduction in social anxiety and depression
>>
>>26660988
you've noticed 3 days of feeling better and you think what you're doing is effective? It is definitely a placebo effect, i'm sorry to tell you.
>>
>>26660741
Like the other anons are saying, the chances of that shit happening are extremely low.

>>26660917
>>26660828
I just quit Effexor, you have to wean yourself off it over the course of a few months.
Did either of you guys just become "numbed" by it? like you don't feel depressed anymore, but you don't really feel anything anymore, like emotion-wise?
and my fucking god, i completely lost the ability to get an erection on that stuff.
>>
Maybe i will try these pills out.

One thing that really helped me a few months ago was fasting, i fasted for 7 day's and i felt like god. I suddenly wanted to do a job, i was going out more, almost no fear.

I drank only water for 7 days, but after that i started eating unhealthy again and too much, and since than i was to lazy to fast again..and i don't think i can maintain that state of happiness for ever, well i could but i would starve..
>>
>>26661093
I did get the numbing effect, but that was only temporary and occasional. Mostly it would be replaced by a much more uplifted feeling. Try Mertazapine/Remeron it was pretty effective but w/o sexual side effects. Also puts your ass to sleep when you take it so you'll be getting better sleep.
>>
>>26661176
You should try them, I think they will help you to do whatever you want to be doing. Fasting does feel great, but you can't do it forever and i think after too long you would just have no energy and become sick.
>>
>>26660741

Escitalopram user here, 20mg a day.

You're gonna have massive side-effects in the start, likely you can't fap for at least 3 weeks. It has now taken me about 6 months just to be able to cum in less than 1 hour of masturbation.

But it somewhat works. Use them.
>>
I felt like a semigod on Paxil. But the withdrawal can be pretty intense. You have to go slowly.
>>
>>26661071
>DUDE EVERYTHING EXCEPT ANTI DEPRESSANTS IS PLACEBO LMAO
>>
For me they make you not depressed because you don't really give a shit about anything or anyone, you just exist without ever feeling happy or sad 24/7. And coming off of them gets pretty fucked up.

I don't think they fix people except for people who would have fixed themselves anyway based on my 3 years of experience with this type of drug. I believe SSRIs are a half assed cynical scam by the pharmaceutical jew to keep people on a drug they have to take every day to make the big monthly prescription bucks. The same business model that floods society with addictive prescription opiates and benzodiazepines.
>>
File: 1279011345738.jpg (153 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1279011345738.jpg
153 KB, 960x720
>>26661093
The doctor recently prescribed me effexor for anxiety/panic attacks and depression. I don't think I'll ever get off them unless I find a way to deal with my ptsd. How do they make you numb though? Like will I lose my sense of humor? I need that.
>>
>>26661380

Real talk though, most people on keto diets spend like two weeks feeling like SHIT.

Hell, some people never get over feeling like shit, because your body should feel sluggish and your brain should be a bit short on energy until you've entered ketosis proper and get used to the new metabolism.

So it is a bit questionable.

Though if the aforementioned poster felt like shit because they had too many carbs going in(if I eat too much rice for instance, I pass out like a brick), then they might feel better?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.