[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have thirty seconds to explain as rationally as you can why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
You have thirty seconds to explain as rationally as you can why people take selfies.

Aaaaaaand go
>>
>>26659583

I don't know, people like getting complimented on shit out of their control I guess
just ignore it like any non degenerate does, don't be part of the rat race
>>
Narcissism.
I'm still billing you for the other 29 seconds.
>>
I took some yesterday because I wanted people to notice my new hair, I only sent them to one dude though and then he went and deleted me from skype. People take selfies because they are pieces of shit who deserve shame
>>
Sure.

People take selfies because they are confident in their looks. They want to show their best moments to the world.
>>
File: 1452573175645s.jpg (2 KB, 125x67) Image search: [Google]
1452573175645s.jpg
2 KB, 125x67
>>26659922
>They want to show their best moments to the world
No need to romanticize, they're seeking validation
>>
>>26659922
>People take selfies because they are confident in their looks.
That does not compute.
>>
It's one of the many things I don't understand about other people. The best explanation would be that they are seeking validation. Another thing I don't understand is dancing. I don't get why people are compelled to dance at parties or clubs. Seems very awkward to me.
>>
People are vain shits
>>
>look decent in mirror
>decide to try this whole "seflie" thing out with new phone
>barely resemble human in photos

no wonder I don't have gf
>>
>>26660036
>I don't get why people are compelled to dance at parties or clubs.
Drugs
>>
File: 1452711146440.jpg (171 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1452711146440.jpg
171 KB, 800x600
>>26659922
you don't deserve those double bubs

now >>>/out/
>>
>>26660036
The beat makes you wanna dance. Im not even good at dancing but I love it.
>>
>>26660169
I guess
>>26660210
I can't relate to that
>>
>people are naturally self absorbed and like to show off how good they feel about themselves
>just look at aristocracy portraits
>>
>>26659583
narcissim and instant self gratification of course

its that simple

I had 25 seconds free
>>
File: 1407791780052.jpg (101 KB, 864x717) Image search: [Google]
1407791780052.jpg
101 KB, 864x717
They want attention. Which sounds small and petty and vain, but it's a pretty basic human impulse. I'd do it too, if it got me attention.
>>
>>26659583

Narcissism.

I don't take selfies but in class I just stare at my reflection in my laptop for half the time. The introvert's snapchat.
>>
Normies need to advertise themselves, because they all know they're so great.

Say what you will about robots, but at least we know our shit stinks.
>>
>>26659583
vanity? Did i win?
>>
File: 1455826789888.jpg (34 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1455826789888.jpg
34 KB, 400x398
>>26659583
Normans are self-centered as fuck. They should be the one's considered to have autism.
>>
>>26659583
Confidence in their own appearance
>>
they're participating in a social game centered around narcissism
>>
File: 1451621400967.png (185 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1451621400967.png
185 KB, 500x333
>>26660426
>introvert's snapchat

Quality post

I mean this unironically; it's sad that I have to qualify my post like this
>>
>>26659677
/thread
Came here to post this

Fucking narcissistic normals
>>
becuase most social media requires a profile pic, online dating and this has been happening for awhile i.e. self portraits.

really, only normies complain about it because they are not smart enough to know its history.

they think ellen degeneress invented this shit.
>>
>ask a prole why they do [hideous narcissistic activity]
>"LOL IT'S FUN :P"

Haha lol that's all that matters, thanks for destroying culture you unconscious fucking blob of identical nothings
>>
>>26659583
I don't know, but I find it hilarious. I will wake up one morning and one of the girls who is trying to be my friend and lead me on has sent me a picture of herself. She is just sitting in her home doing nothing. There is no text on the picture. She is making just a normal, nice looking face, while wearing nice clothing and obviously staging the lighting perfectly and retaking the photo 9 times before it's finally good enough. And then she sends it.

What the fuck is the purpose? Did she think I forgot what she looked like? I don't even bother responding but she keeps sending them. Makes me realize she does this every day and sends out this snap to every person on her friends list. What the fuck do normies do to respond to that gay shit?
>>
File: cock.png (2 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
cock.png
2 KB, 221x221
We are social animals. People demand attention. One of the easiest ways to garner attention is through selfies uploaded to social media.
Social media is sort of interesting because of this. Social media provides for a simple way to share images, thoughts, and whatever else have you. Both to one's immediate peer group and potentially the rest of the world, which automatically feeds this person's narcissism. Not only this, but you will also commonly find a sort of attention feedback loop, in which two individuals will reciprocate attention to one another. In other words, a girl (girl a) could post an image of herself. From there, another girl (girl b) can "like" that image, and then proceed to comment something like "you look so pretty XD"; to which girl a responds with "no u XD", so on and so forth. For many girls, this is also often coupled with a network of beta orbiters. This "attention feedback loop" cycle continues and carries on to subsequent posts. Social media is basically the perfect breeding ground for narcissism. This is exactly why narcissistic behavior appears to be on the rise.
>>
Simply put, we live in a hedonistic world in which pursuits of meaningless vanity are not under control by any means, and being creatures whose "purpose"(quotes are used because ultimately, this does not serve any genuine goal) is to attract a member of the opposite sex, we LOVE to feel attractive. Basically everybody should fucking kill themselves.
>>
Sometimes you can't be bothered to ask someone to take your picture
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.