[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1456075983315.png (190 KB, 878x1546) Image search: [Google]
1456075983315.png
190 KB, 878x1546
What games are you guys playing right now? What do you wanna play?
>>
>beat Firewatch and thought it was neat for a concept game but kind of let down anyway
>playing Icewind Dale with a needlessly powerful party on super enemy spawn mode
>playing Pillars of Eternity
>>
File: 1455667235208.png (614 KB, 1636x961) Image search: [Google]
1455667235208.png
614 KB, 1636x961
>tfw osrs will never be back in its prime
>>
>>26657927
>tfw always f2p scrub
>>
File: 1453939285575.png (1 MB, 809x1250) Image search: [Google]
1453939285575.png
1 MB, 809x1250
>>26657856
>Botting OSRS, doing a few quests every once and a while
>Playing the wicher 3 for the first time after playing 1 and 2 for the second time to get back into the story. I must say, they've outdone themselves.
>Eu4 and Ck2 as always, though I have reached a crisis as Rus in ck2, a strong cumania repelled the mongols, but a civil war and some bad invasions on my part have put me into debt, and depleted my men. In eu4, I rebuild the roman empire as Latin empire warring states, and Conquered all of europe as the goths in extended timeline. Gonna ironman Brandenburg soon.
>Rome 2 is 2 easy, got total domination as Iceni, Parthia, Rome, and Royal scythia, so im moving into midevil 2. Just won out as the HRE, going to try Byzantium next.
>Mount and blade is a constant stream of new stuff. Anybody know if warsword update is out yet? Either way, I got a good couchthorn, fires of war, and Native games going, but im only close to becoming king on native. I played a perisno game a while back too, might get back into it. In 1257, I am a vassal of the HRE with 3 castle holdings in france, rich from cruseades, with a few massive armies of angry drunks running around, and an elite army of teutons and turks following me around. I have a few warsword games, but im looking to start a serious one when it gets updated. I have a buttload of other games on other mods im not going to list off here.
>Playing the occasional Coh2 game, Arma 3 game, and a good bit of chivalry
>Metro 2033 game on standstill, need to finish it to start last light
>Playing stalker SOC, not faring too well in the zone
>When I have more free time, I need to start a serious morrowind game for a complete elder scrolls playthrough of 3,4,5
>Doing something simaler with the half life games, but im gonna speedrun it
>I also play a ton of other games i dont have time to mention.
If this thread Dies and I typed all that for nothing, fuck you guys.
If not, im welcome to talk about whatever
>>
>>26657927
do you want them to make an ososrs?
>>
>>26658223
It'd be a pipedream. They'd have to abandon RS3, and that's where the money is. Even if they did, the only people who'd play it are nostalgiafags who can't afford wow.
>>
File: 141513.jpg (73 KB, 409x297) Image search: [Google]
141513.jpg
73 KB, 409x297
>>26658308
I can afford WoW, I just play osrs because I can run it easily on a bot while I play other games, and then hop in for a quest or something every once in a while.
When I was a little kid, I got one hour of computer time a day. I spent it all chopping trees around the GE and selling the logs.
With a bot, I got where I was as a kid in 72 hours. I dont need the money, or the levels, it just feels like im accomplishing something.

And does rs3 really have more users than osrs? Cant kids these days play better games?
If modern games existed when I was a kid, I would have never gone near rs.
>>
>>26658413
How do I bot osrs? To be fair, botting was one of the biggest problems of runescape to the point that any polls are irrelevant because of them.

What made runescape popular at the time was the fact that it was free, had depth and metagaming strategy, and was social. Kids played it at school when they had the chance. Nowadays, people go to addicting games instead. Runescape is dead.
>>
>>26658158
What's your favorite kind of genre? rts? I wish I had the varied experience you have will all those games.
>>
File: 1452802243032.png (814 KB, 852x679) Image search: [Google]
1452802243032.png
814 KB, 852x679
>>26658686
Download a client (Dreambot) and scripts.
Turn on script, set parameters. I have a woodcutting script that chops the selected trees and banks them at the selected bank, a script that kills the selected monsters, burys their bones, and eats lobster at half health (im ftp right now), and runs to selected bank ti withdraw full inventory of lobster when you run out of lobster.
All bots work well, ive never been caught.
It takes the grinding out, but it still feels like you're grinding. When Im watching a movie or playing vidya and its grindign away on my other monitor, if feels quite comfy.
So I can make a good 20 mil chopping yew overnight, and level my stats to 100 grinding with 500 lobster in the bank, and then go on quests and fight bosses with people who spent years to get to where I got in weeks.
It is cheating, but after seeing what gaming has to offer I dont have the same attention to grind as I did when I was a kid.
>>
File: 1455107759728.jpg (1 MB, 2310x1781) Image search: [Google]
1455107759728.jpg
1 MB, 2310x1781
>>26658718
I like strategy in general, playing a few steps ahead is always my favorite thing to do.
My first video game was heroes 3 for PC, which my slovak cousins downloaded and burned onto a disc or me. I just loved the death and possibility, and I still play it today.
Strategy games have much better replay value than any other games, and they allow you to use your brain and calmly make decisions. LOL, DOTA, COD, whatever, is a rage factory. I sunk a good few hours into LOL and the community was horrible, always blaming others, it even made me angry. With strategy games, im in control, im calm, and I win. If I dont win, I find a way to win.
Why cant you experience those games?
>>
>>26658917
It's not that I can't it's that I simply don't have the patience for them. I mostly play modded fallout new vegas repeatedly because I'm unwilling to try new things
>>
> Dwarf Fortress
> Nethack
> Mount and Blade: Warband
Nothing too special.
>>
>tfw can't even enjoy video games anymore
What went wrong?
>>
Mass Effect, normally I play JRPGs but wanted to try something a little different.

Looking forward to FFXV, Setsuna and Persona 5.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.