[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>25m >acne >nothing gets rid of it >doctor won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: suicide girl copy.jpg (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
suicide girl copy.jpg
100 KB, 400x400
>25m
>acne
>nothing gets rid of it
>doctor won't give me accutane

JUST
>>
Have you tried bathing? Scrubbing your face with soap and water from time to time? Drinking water every day? Oh right, this is /r9k/, where if you're not content with wallowing in filth and tendie crumbs you're just normie scum
>>
>>26655410
>25 meters
>>
OP:
>Change your pillow covers and bed sheets. 100% positive you haven't in awhile and all the drool eventually forms bacteria on your face when you sleep.
>Wash your face 2 times a day. Use acne wash.
>When washing your face put some very hot water on your acne spots so it opens the pores up.
>Stop eating processed sugary shit. Eat vegetables and eat a fuck ton of fruit: Vitamin C is good for your hair and skin.
>Eat meats to help with muscle growth and your skin.
>Always shave with a new razor everytime. Old razors usually have nasty grub on them which can cause razor burns and acne.
>>
File: let's try this shit again.png (444 KB, 485x491) Image search: [Google]
let's try this shit again.png
444 KB, 485x491
same here, only I'm 21.

CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer has helped. I sleep with a towel over my pillow and I think I have to give up delicious kettle jalapeno potato chips.

pic is from a while ago. don't have an "after" pic yet because it fluctuates a lot but it's definitely better than it was

Sorry, I know how frustrating it is to have people tell you solutions when you've probably already try them. JUST WASH YOUR FACE BRO is the acne equivalent to just b urself.

I'm pulling for you robot.
>>
What the fuck anon. I have really minor acne (18M) that just started becoming cystic. Within five minutes my family doctor prescribed accutane.
>>
>>26655474
>meme cures
Just stop it.
>>
Don't worry anon, even if you didn't have acne you'd just find something else to be depressed about
>>
>>26655484
you should stop smoking meth and your skin will get better
>>
File: smug face.jpg (23 KB, 232x270) Image search: [Google]
smug face.jpg
23 KB, 232x270
>tfw you pop a really enormous zit and you can feel it squirt out
>>
Why won't your doctor let you take accutane? I took it when I was 14-15 with no problems
>>
>>26655533

not til you pry it from my cold skelly hands
>>
>>26655484
I'm on accutane now but before I got on it and even now I use CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer. Not too harsh but it gets the job done
>>
>>26655481
Washing too often can cause your skin to produce even more oil. When my acne was bad I would use wash at night and just water in the morning
>>
>>26655690

Yeah, I really like it. I have super oily skin that's also really prone to flaking. It's gentle and unscented. I'm looking to get a chemical exfoliator for 2/week and a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.

I've been using this 99% alcohol free toner from CVS, too... don't know if I'm helping or hurting though. It doesn't feel like it's drying me out. I'm gonna wait til I'm stable for about 2 weeks and then cut it out and see how it affects my skin. It's probably a bad idea but I've been steadily improving lately and I don't want to mess with anything.
>>
Nice to see that accutane worked for somebody cuz that shit flaired up my acne like crazy
>>
>>26655744
Have you tried tea tree oil? Very little spot treatments have helped me but that oil has never failed, and plus it's all natural. I also used to like using Aztec healing Clay as a mask, but I guess it could be used as an overnight spot treatment as well
>>
>>26655918
Was it just the first month or so that your acne flared up? The same thing happened to me and I just had to ride it out.
>>
>>26655953

I haven't yet. I'll do some research on it.
>>
how bad is it? asdilfjx
>>
Hormonal acne anyone?

23 here and I still have acne and it is seriously holding me back. My diet is good, I eat small portions of meat, abundance of vegetables and have cut out dairy. I drink tons of water.

Wash my face twice a day, avoiding extremely hot water in the shower etc. I use warm water to wash off oils and end with a couple of cold splashes.

I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong, there will be a few days where it seems to be clearing up and then I just break out again.

The worst part about it are the fucking red marks that are left, making my acne look much more 'active' than it really is.

Is it true that it could because 20-24 is a time when a lot of males experience changes in hormonal activity? Help me, dear god.

My diet consists of:

Oatmeal
Every fucking vegetable
Sweet potato occasionally
egg whites
Chicken breast
apples and bananas
tons of god damn water

NO SODA, no concentrated juice, non of that garbage.
>>
>>26656952

I'm really sorry man that sounds frustrating to no end.

Try r/skincareaddiction on leddit. They might be able to help you.
>>
>>26655410
eat healthy food
don't masturbate so much
take 2-3 baths every day
clean the skin of your face with appropriate products
use some acne-killing cream or make up regularly

it's less annoying than having your dick, your lips, your eye and your face literally turning to dust because of accutane. it's also safer and healthier in the long run too.
>>
>>26655481
OP: I bought this meme that reddit spawned like 5 years ago, it doesn't do jack shit. Do you have the red bumps that never form a true white pustule? Yeah you have cystic acne and nothing but accutane will fix it. Find a new doctor.
>>
File: MTIyNDQ2Nzc5NTY3MzQyMTgy.jpg (28 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
MTIyNDQ2Nzc5NTY3MzQyMTgy.jpg
28 KB, 620x465
>>26657482
Ibutamoren mesylate AKA MK-677 dosed at 25mg/day. Don't eat for two hours pre-dose and half an hour post-dose.
Tretinion, adjust dosage based on results. Avoid direct sunlight, only apply to dry, washed skin.
Get your RDI of vitamin D, spend half an hour outdoors each day.
No caffeine.
Sleep for an hour and a half every afternoon.

Do change your pillowcase etc. I'm not sure whether it actually helped me at all but it was useful to know what wasn't the issue so I could pin down the actual cause.

>>26656952
>Hormonal acne anyone?

Cystic acne is part and parcel of taking exogenous androgens so you could look into the treatment protocols the bodybuilding community has developed in response.
>>
>>26655410
Accutane didn't work for me, just made my skin and lip dry as fuck. 0/10 would not recommend.
>>
>>26655474
JUST WASH YOUR FACE BRAH
JUST BEE URSELF BRAH

Before accutane I washed twice daily. By 2pm my face was already slick

I could gently scrape my forehead with the broad size of a razor blade and it would have a thick layer of grease on it
>>
File: 27.gif (917 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
27.gif
917 KB, 500x500
>>26655410
>doctor won't give me accutane

What did you do anon . . .
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.