[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>self diagnosed as "depressed" Not so fast normies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1454857563160.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454857563160.png
901 KB, 690x460
>self diagnosed as "depressed"

Not so fast normies. Show me the doctors note first. Until then,you're just a redditor who's looking for attention.
>>
File: 1454732354546.jpg (108 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
1454732354546.jpg
108 KB, 540x562
>>26648777

I never got a paper with official diagnosis but the psych prescribed me antidepressants and I'm on CBT, guess I could say I'm depressed
>>
>a diagnosis
>for depression
this is literally a wealthy middle aged housewives disorder. you might as well be complaining about your coffee being too hot or how traffic is ruining your life.
>>
>>26648777
Who said i'm looking for attention. Nobody knows i'm an unhappy person
>>
>>26648808
>>26648818
How's high-school?

>Ughh,I'm so depressed! I feel sad sometimes! No,it has nothing to do with my hormones! Pay attention to me!

Literally you right now. Get out of here.
>>
>>26648849
nice blog dummy
>>
>>26648870
>How's high-school?

Dunno you tell me

>2016
>still trying to be edgy
>>
>>26648870
>muh hormones
hormones give me boners and tell me to take shits. that doesn't mean i have to complain about how hard life is when im a little busy for that. you're a dumb spoiled fuck who needs an excuse not to do shit but there's nothing that you can think of that people would actually take seriously.
>>
>>26648808
Schizophrenics and people with learning disabilities also take antidepressants. You don't have to be depressed just because you're taking them.
>>
Depression- "a state of being sad"
- merriam Webster dictionary. True, another definition for it by the same source is "a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way." Depression=\=clinical depression. I'm tired of normies telling people that "nu uh, you can't be depressed! I'm special, only I can be depressed. My doctor note says so." It literally just means being sad.
>>
>>26648926
>Schizophrenics and people with learning disabilities also take antidepressants

That's because depression is a common comorbidity with various mental illnesses. Some antidepressants also have an anxiolytic effect.
>>
>>26648941
it literally isn't defined as anything. yeah it's being sad, but even clinical depression is just being obsessed with sadness and getting used to it to the point that they call it "feeling nothing" as if that's somehow a serious problem. it's a huge waste of time for people with too much free time. the people they think they represent don't give a shit about being sad, that's just life for them.
>>
>>26648777
The last time I went to the doctor, she asked me if I was depressed and I said I didn't know how to tell if I was compared to others. She said it doesnt matter as long as you're not suicidal.

Take that information how you will.
>>
>trusting those jews
>going to a shrink in the first place so they can give you drugs to become a good "productive" normie

Real robots have no problem with mental illnesses and even welcome them. It's called being yourself.
>>
File: 1453840920232-wsg.gif (2 MB, 260x150) Image search: [Google]
1453840920232-wsg.gif
2 MB, 260x150
>>26648946
>depression is common in mental illnesses

>Implying it's not a mental illness, but a side effect of being psychologically disturbed.

To me that's suggesting that all depressed people are crazy, that's why some get sad for no reason. And that's why they obsess about their lack of happiness, keeping them in an insane cycle of delusion.
>>
>>26648777
>this thread brought to you by a normalfag who is upset about not feeling included in the club he so desperately wants to be a part of
>>
>>26649111
>being in a club
fucking normalscum
>>
>>26649111
>implying being a 4chan user is something good
fuck you
btw no one noticed theres a trip from OP and this guy
>>
File: 1455314290260-b.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455314290260-b.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
>>26649017
She probably said that because if you're in a deep, soul crushing depression, like the illness is advertised, then you're gonna know for sure.

Being a follower is okay, as long as you're not suicidal.
>>
>>26649057
This.

Going to see Dr Shekelberg is risking getting diagnosed with gender dysphoria and being forced to take hormones and live as a girl or get a frontal lobotomy
>>
File: pepefinger.jpg (32 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
pepefinger.jpg
32 KB, 436x436
>>26648777
>being a fedora who thinks mental disorders don't exist
>thinking the shit hole of /r9k/ doesn't have depressed people in it
>projecting your own mental state on to other people
>I was sad once and got over it so that means other people must just be sad too
>making assumptions about people you never met and telling them they are faking it
>>
>>26649168
but that could just be low sugar or a hangover or not getting enough sleep. the way its "advertised" doesn't really make it a problem until you start to have suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>26649220
>i'm not like the other boys
we got ourselves another one. so special!
>>
>>26649017
Went to a therapist once that's provided by my school for free so I figured I would try to get over some things. I had to fill out a questionair type thing so the therapist guy knew where to start. Out of like two hundred question they were all asking if I was suicidal, an unwed mother, or a target of racism.
>>
>>26649257
I don't even have depression. I'm just pointing out how retarded you are. Kill yourself you worthless sperg.
>>
>>26649288
>i have no point i just like to argue
what are you 13?
>>
>all these normalfags being caught out

I love it. It doesn't surprise me,look how ass blasted they are! Found a good way to spot the normie!
>>
>>26649382
I love it. Pretend that self diagnosis is normie and that entering the medical industrial complex is robot and watch the normies get btfo
>>
>falling for the depression meme
just stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>26649235
> You can get depressed from a hangover, low blood sugar, or lack of sleep - not just tired

That person is literally just tired. If they're depressed, they'll notice it before they drink, lose sleep or start eating wrong. Or they'll notice a cause for that behavior, because behavior doesn't lead to an illness.

>nothing wrong with depression from the way it's advertised on tv.

I meant tv. As in actual advertisements that describe the feeling of depression as a stalker waiting to push you into a deep hole of despair.
>>
Depression doesn't exist. It was invented by the pharmacutical compamies to sell you drugs that don't do anything at best, and make you crazy at worst.

Depression is better known as "saddness", because of course you're going to be un-fucking-happy if your life is shit.
>>
>>26649077
Basically
Chemical imbalances and all that hive.

I were in that cycle some months ago. The shit is weird because no matter what you do you feel like shit even though you know for a fucking fact you should be feeling great.
>>
>>26650121
How'd you come out of it?
>>
Depression is just realisation of themselves that they're fucked for life.
>>
>>26648777
BUT OPEEEEEEE MY HAMPSTER DIED
IM SO DEPRESSED:^)
>>
>>26650121
>chemical imbalance
lmao

you might as well say "possessed by demons" and it will mean as much.
>>
>acting elite about a mental disorder
>>
>>26648777
chekt
h
e
k
t

I also hate self-diagnosing faggots
>hurr durr i has anxiety issues
>lol im so antisocial guis lol XDDD
kill me
>>
Depression is the common cold of of mental disorders
>>
>>26648777
>implying that getting a doctors note doesnt mean that you are looking for attention
i lied to my psychologist to keep myself from getting medicine and getting talked down to by everyone that found out
>>
>>26653020
>Trying to get help is attention seeking
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.