[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does /r9k/ score? https://psychology-tools.com/empa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 20
File: Empathy.png (28 KB, 933x385) Image search: [Google]
Empathy.png
28 KB, 933x385
How much does /r9k/ score?
https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/

Well I might have aspergers after all.
>>
Friendly reminder that antidepressants can reduce empathy so you won't get an accurate result.
>>
>>26648720
I don't take any meds
>>
File: 50outof80.png (26 KB, 790x207) Image search: [Google]
50outof80.png
26 KB, 790x207
These test are shit. They basically ask you 60 times whether you think you are autistic or not.
>>
File: emp.png (22 KB, 808x328) Image search: [Google]
emp.png
22 KB, 808x328
I'm an agoraphobe : (
>>
File: file.png (25 KB, 781x156) Image search: [Google]
file.png
25 KB, 781x156
i feel like i'm an empathetic person but i'm just too shy and scared to be adept at social situations

i'm okay when talking to people i trust
>>
got a 10. where are my autismbux?
>>
60 questions are too many.
>>
I have psychopathy and mild aspergers. I'm probably off the charts. Lets see what happens.
>>
A 10 and I answered truthfully. My friend thinks I have autism too but I think its bs.
>>
File: fucking bullshit.png (15 KB, 793x137) Image search: [Google]
fucking bullshit.png
15 KB, 793x137
This is bullshit, it is probably designed to make everyone score low on purpose. They link you to a now defunct autism forum.

I probably am autistic, but I doubt empathy has anything to do with it. I just like good things and have to do stupid shit manually because it doesn't matter.
>>
File: wt.jpg (29 KB, 765x148) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
29 KB, 765x148
wtf why is it so low i'm very empathetic
>>
>>26648879
17 out of a possible 80. Not as bad as the other spergs.
>>
27.. Can I now touch random tities and saying I'm just tard dont mind me ?
>>
18 out of 80. Or whatever
>>
25!? Have I been living in denial or are other test takers so bright that they believe they actually can read other people's minds?

>>26648824
This, it's flawed because you evaluate yourself. It's not how things actually are, it's how you believe they are.
>>
>take this test
>"Pfft, I know I've got the sperg, but I'm at least an empathetic and conscious sperg. I'll probably get like a 30 or something."
>get a 9

Oh, come on. It's not like I'm a heartless jackoff.
>>
Test is obviously designed for normies who think they can read others people's mind. Also for them who think they are perfect people generally.
If you like black humour, dont give a shit about panda and stuff this test gonna end in autism
>>
But... I take antidepressants.
>>
>>26649190
it's not that hard, everyone basically act on similar incentives
>>
>>26649227
Low empathy doesn't always mean you're heartless. It just means you're oblivious to social cues.
>>
>>26649190
I changed all my answers according to how I should have answered if I was Johnny Bravo. He would have scored over 60. This test can't tell you anything about empathy.
>>
>>26649190

How you believe you are is the best indicator of behavior. Unless you are trying to game the test for a specific result it's about as accurate as it gets. Autism is a devolopmental disorder anyway. We're all adults here so it's a moot point, and even if caught early it's about as treatable as borderline. A hugbox, maybe a service animal, and some experimental research using entactogenic drugs like MDMA is the extent of the therapy available. If you're high functioning you pay bills and live a miserable life. If not then you live with parents or get on welfare and be the creepier guy renting the basement from the creepy guy on craiglist.

>>26649227

I find autists usually have a strong moral compass, but this isn't really empathy.

Empathy is shit like Stacy said she liked Jessica's hair but I know she didn't actually like it so saying she liked it was mean and that hust Jessica's feelings so she thanked Stacy but that was seen as rude because of the imbalance in social power so now stacy is mad and OMG I can't believe Kevin said hi to Stacy last week don't he know that Jessica is mad so now jessica is giving Kevin the silent treatment and...

Empathy is the small unimportant stuff.
>>
File: Capture.png (22 KB, 854x204) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22 KB, 854x204
diagnosed aspie

this poorly named considering it measures things like spontaneity alongside empathy.
>>
>>26649413

So you didn't actually take the test then.

Did you read the instructions? You're not supposed to answer as Johny Bravo, you were supposed to answer as jus bee urself.
>>
wtf? why are you all scoring so low?

its obvious which answer is 'correct' to get 100%

Are you all so autistic you don't want to tick off the socially acceptable box to fit in and be an empathic non-autist?

or am I so sociopathic that I will know how to answer these questions and act properly, but really have less empathy?
>>
>>26649449
>>26649459
You are making choices here. Be yourself is choosing whatever u want. So dont you want to choose the 'nice' answer and be a nice person or are you trying to pick edgy answers and be an edgy person?
>>
File: pic.png (8 KB, 773x147) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
8 KB, 773x147
>>26648669
I'm just not a people person. I can keep the conversation but i become very bored if i'm the only one who's doing it.
>>
my concept of empathy:
low - understands only words, not Social cues. Will have trouble handling people who do not act as they speak.
medium - understands some signals but still rates words higher. Sees that there is an underlying system of behavior more important in social situations then actual words but don't really understands it.
High - words are but means to an end. These people learn what effect their words and behaviors have and use them accordingly with no thought of consistency in meaning. The scum of the earth.
>>
File: 6iAANGP[1].png (19 KB, 763x166) Image search: [Google]
6iAANGP[1].png
19 KB, 763x166
just about autistic, damn
>>
I got a 35/80 rate me
>>
I got way to much empathy and I tried to get less for years. I still score 63.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-21 at 12.46.18).png (19 KB, 793x218) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-21 at 12.46.18).png
19 KB, 793x218
>47. I would be too nervous to go on a big rollercoaster.

????

I answered most of these questions as if I was a psychopath because I expected to get a way higher score.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-21-12-46-03.jpg (253 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-21-12-46-03.jpg
253 KB, 1080x810
diagnosed aspergers or maybe schizoid but my therapist leaned towards aspergers
>>
File: alright.png (32 KB, 791x176) Image search: [Google]
alright.png
32 KB, 791x176
not diagnosed anything
not on any meds
probably something fucked up in my head though, i'm on /r9k/ after all
>>
>>26649423
You make a good point, but this is not a good specific test for evaluating empathy.
>How you believe you are is the best indicator of behavior.
See, this I just can't belive. Let's say you have been living a normal life, take this test, score 60/80. Then you work in a psychiatric hospital for two years and after that you take the test again. If you then answer these questions honestly you will likely have a lower score. It's kind of hard to answer "Strongly agree" on "54. I can easily work out what another person might want to talk about." when the first thing you hear in the morning from a patient is "I have the keys to Jupiter and Mars". But in reality, seeing the hardships people have gone trough the last two years have probably made you a more emphatic person.
>>
i got a 37 but i feel better about it after seeing all of the autistic scores here
>>
File: ok.png (11 KB, 805x192) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
11 KB, 805x192
>>26649608
well fuck, also im just a regular normie why the fuck is mine super low.
>>
>>26649503

It's an empathy test, not a game where you try to get a high or low score. You answer honestly. You don't place a nice or edgy value to answers because then you are even further eroding any validity the test may have had to begin with. It's an empathy test, not a nice or edgy test. What is nice or edgy about dreaming most nights or running cost/benefit analyses?
>>
>Your Empathy Quotient score was 12 out of a possible 80.

Fuck
>>
>>26649975

I actually do work in a psychiatric hospital. People say crazy shit and I've learned when they say that they're actually saying "I spit my medicine out last night", or if they are new they're saying "I'm fucking crazy and need drugs". It's not a normal conversation.

Besides that it's easy to distinguish your work life from your social life. This may sound unempathic, but I don't consider interactions with patients on the same level as interactions with family or friends. They're my patients. They're more human than say a mechanic's diesel engines he rebuilds, but it's still just a job and I'm just trying to restore function or at least instill healthier coping mechanisms. A lot of it can seem cruel. I've had patients threatening to kill me and my family saying they hate me, the hospital, and the whole wide world, then after you hold them down and give them a shot they wake up and come to you crying and apologizing and shit saying they weren't themselves. This is where you reassure them their past behavior has no influence on how you see them as a person, you understand they were sick, and you just want to help them get better. It was pretty upsetting my first day having to hold someone down and drug them against their will. I still have lots of unanswered questions about it, what is a person's will, where does it come from, and does it matter if you can make them someone else who is suffering less? Fortunately we have ethics and practice frameworks so I can just be a good goy and follow the manual and both legally and conscientiously the burden does not lie with me, but with some nameless and formless egregore.
>>
>>26649975
...and sorry for my bad spelling and shitty grammar.
>>
>>26648824
>>26648827
>>26648835
>>26649061
>>26649448
>>26649524
>>26649986
GET OUT

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE

CAWW CAWW
>>
48 out of 80. This test is awful, though. It's seriously implying that not following trends or fashions means you lack empathy.

>>26648949
Autists do generally lack any empathy whatsoever. You are currently behaving very autistic, too.
>>
>>26648669
I got 19.
This test is pretty shitty desu. Many questions are redundant. Also, i wish they had a included a "neutral" answer option, because there were many questions i could not relate with (eg: questions about behavior towards friends)
>>
>>26650315
This is actually so well written that I have to keep this text for a rainy day.
>>
I got a 22, but it's a shitty test so whatever. I think I have Aspergers and my parents just never told me.
>>
File: image.png (52 KB, 159x161) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 159x161
>I got an 8
>>
almost autistic but not
>>
File: meilbas.png (26 KB, 817x213) Image search: [Google]
meilbas.png
26 KB, 817x213
>>26651011

37 my nizzles
>>
File: theautismisstrong.jpg (32 KB, 792x176) Image search: [Google]
theautismisstrong.jpg
32 KB, 792x176
shit, anon. I thought, I would score higher.
>>
File: 1455293644256.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455293644256.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>26648669
>https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/
>27
>>
>>26651029
oi m8 i got a 37 we should be friends because we are alike
>>
>>26651102
But we don't have social skills so we can't
>>
Your Empathy Quotient score was 36 out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicitive of an Autism Spectrum disorder.
>>
24/80,
time to get on the autistbux
>>
>17 out of 80
wow i'm a piece of shit
>>
File: RUN.png (19 KB, 782x244) Image search: [Google]
RUN.png
19 KB, 782x244
>not caring about other people means you are autistic
>if you are truthful with people instead of sugarcoating it, you are autistic

This is more of an asshole test than an autism or aspergers test.

Whoever made this test is the autistic one.
>>
>>26651134
you are right fampai ;_;
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.