[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for living at home past the age of 18?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 14gray-master675.jpg (20 KB, 516x270) Image search: [Google]
14gray-master675.jpg
20 KB, 516x270
What's your excuse for living at home past the age of 18?
>>
No jobs pay enough for rent?
>>
What a retarded question. If i didnt live at home, I'd be homeless.
>>
>>26648643
Shit genes.

General hatred of society and people.
>>
Nobody wants to hire me because I'm a skinny 5'3 manlet
>>
The only people who can leave home at 18 are paid for by mommy and daddy, which I think is more pathetic and then living with your parents. There are no entry level jobs that can pay for an apartment, even with roommates, you would need to save up, or most kiddies just get their mommy and daddy to pay for their rent and iphone and they go out and fuck around.
>>
>implying I wasn't booted out the door on my 18th birthday and moved into a shitty cheap cockroach ridden apartment and lived off of a shitty minimum wage retail job

The best part was my parents even helped me move too! I came home from work to the first night at my new apt and all my stuff was there piled into black garbage bags. Then I slept on the floor as the couple next door had noisy sex. The freedom was amazing.
>>
In England, going to college (for free)

It's for IT + Programming. Unlike a highschool education in america, you can actually go and do some real work if you want afterwards. Helps that I had some practical experience making apps/ programs/ games and designing shit as well.

So I'm basically freeloading until I finish and get my foot in the door somewhere. Sucks, but I'm doing well. Can't find part time work in the meantime. Want to, kinda. But I'm more excited about getting involved in startups/ projects.
>>
>>26648643
l don't need an excuse.
>>
Expensive rent
Culture
Saving money (I spend like 30% of my salary at most)
>>
>>26648643
My parents are letting me live at home so I can pour this year's entire paycheck into my 401k.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 675x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 675x559
>>26648643
My mom is an alcoholic who can't support herself and guilts me into staying.

I make enough to move out and even have about $30k in savings. Thinking about just moving soon because she just makes me feel bad all the time.
>>
Too expensive to live on your own, that's a lot of money and effort just to exist by yourself in a box.
>>
I live on the Northeast US.
Cost of living here is insanely high.
>>
>>26648732
Same here, I make decent money and my mom prefers that I stay here so she can have someone to do things with.
>>
>>26648643

i live in southern europe, thats kind of our thing
>>
File: uh.jpg (440 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
440 KB, 693x693
>>26648732
Fuck that

You're ruining your own life and the potential to make a bunch of other people happy

You can't just "be there" for your mom- you have to either fix her or get her to someone who can fix her.
If she's guilt tripping you into staying, that's basically enough description on her personality to justify moving away.
>>
>>26648695
good point. i'm 20 and live with my mother. she's working but we have pretty much exactly as much money as people who don't work at all (germany). the only apartments i could affort would be either shared or this weird studend flat things that are smaller than the room i live in now. most friends about my age either have shit family they wanted to escape from or live with them until they can support themselves.
>>
File: 1301938836271.png (128 KB, 381x543) Image search: [Google]
1301938836271.png
128 KB, 381x543
What job are you going to get with just a high school degree that will pay rent and bills?
>>
File: 114.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>26648643

I'm shit at life.
If I was good at it I wouldn't be browsing this board you turbo faggot.
>>
File: Russell.jpg (20 KB, 210x175) Image search: [Google]
Russell.jpg
20 KB, 210x175
university

originale commento tbqh familia
>>
>>26648825
He should move on yes, and just visit but it's still his mother, she could have been very nice raising him but people fall apart in older age. She is not a bad person.
>>
>>26648867
There are none. OP has his mommy and daddy pay that all for him.
>>
>>26648825
>>26648905
I agree that moving out is probably best for me developmentally. My mother made a lot of poor choices and has been through a lot. She hasn't handled the repercussions of her poor choices very well. I just can't honestly see her getting things together.

While not intentional, I do think some of the choices she made negatively impacted my sister and I. At the same time, I think the events we underwent in our childhood made us stronger as people.

My sister has moved away for college. I did move away while I was in college and I was pretty happy on my own, and definitely more productive. My mom found herself in a bad situation financially, and I ended up getting a decent paying job and moved back in to help. I think this was a mistake as now she's dependent on the money I give her as "rent".

I know for myself I need to leave, but obviously I worry about what will happen to my mother. She's really not a very emotionally strong person, and does not react to sudden change well at all.
>>
>>26649065
Then guilt trip her to find a solution/ help her arrive at one since you're obviously more responsible. Tell her that living with her is not good for you as a person, and maybe she knows this/ wants to give you a good future.

You seriously can't allow this shit to happen. Not to hurt her, but just... The situation. It sucks, get it sorted you fuck
>>
File: ryan-gosling-no-teeth.jpg (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-no-teeth.jpg
87 KB, 400x400
Because I am able to save up fuck loads of money without paying out ridiculous amount for rent? Why do disillusioned fuckers feel the need to move out when they clearly can't afford it?

>muh maturity
>>
>>26648643
not wanting debt?
you just want to fish for retarded "hurr imma failure" answers.
>>
>>26648643
given up on life
>>
>>26649065

I'm in virtually the same position, a single mother who made lots of poor choices and generally doesnt have any friends or family besides us.

I'm 25 and know I need to move out just to not be stagnant and feel like I'm regressing, but as hard as it is to live with my mom, she doesn't have anyone else and I'm not sure if she would be able to handle it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.