[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /failure/ here? >work in help desk level one >been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: pleaes not these feels.jpg (85 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
pleaes not these feels.jpg
85 KB, 601x601
who /failure/ here?

>work in help desk level one
>been out of college two years
>no certs
>only type of jobs help desk leads to is more fucking help desk jobs
>people I had class with working as linux admins, network engineers etc

meanwhile I'm resetting password for stupid babyboomers mostly for a living with the occasional windows or application issue. Plus I have to hear my parents lie to me and say "you have a decent job."
>>
>>26646675
Salary?
>>
>>26646687

that doesn't matter to me, because in the end its a dead end job, the mcdonalds of IT. I make 19/hr though, one of the only reasons I don't quit
>>
>>26646733
That sounds nice actually. I do them same for the military. But I get payed wayyy less.
You can always do some other projects to qualify for a better job at home.
>>
>>26646733
What exactly do you do?
>>
>>26646982

I work in a help desk for a large company, users call in wanting password resets because they can't login, or sometimes they have problem with outlook or some work application or something along those lines, printer issues, its just level one help desk basically.

To me at least I am way behind where I should be professionally. On paper I am also overqualified for this job and technically underpaid, again just speaking of their job requirements vs my own background.
>>
>>26646675
>picking any computer related studies
that is where you failed. computer science is now chad tier job, it is no longer year 2000
>>
>>26646675
Go back to school and get some certs you fucking faggot
>>
>>26646675
I'm pretty fail due to my immense irresponsibility.

>Be 28
>Live in Alberta
>Economy is booming when I get out of highschool.
>Immediately get into construction.
>Job hopping giving zero fucks, never get an apprenticeship because too much commitment
>Global recession hits, Alberta seems immune
>Keep doing my shit
>Oil market crashes
>Alberta now just as shitty as the rest of the country
>No qualifications beyond construction labor
>Thought I would be making $27/hour forever
>Now a NEET
>>
I probably have less qualifications than you. I make 17/hr at a small company doing mostly tech support for customers and then also doing internal IT, since there isn't really enough internal work to justify a internal IT department that does exclusively that.. It's way more than I've ever made before and I've worked in PC repair/support for almost 10 years.

I wouldn't complain for making more than the average US resident. If you want to get more skills and experience, I'd recommend this: get a job at a smaller company. You'll get exposed to a much wider range of stuff and you can get jobs like this without heavy qualifications as these companies often don't want to pay for the skills of a real sysadmin or whatever, they'll give you lots of little projects and stuff.

Corporate IT is shit and they just want you do to one thing in exactly how you're told to do it but I've enjoyed doing small business IT.
>>
>>26646675
How old are you OP?

As a 26 years old NEET living with his mommy I can assure you that you are far away from being a failure.
>>
>>26647746
>chad tier

no chads still can't into c++/c which makes hella cash.
>>
>>26650057

>>26649974
I almost got one of those jobs my first few months out of college like ten minutes away from my house, god it would have been perfect
>>
OP you're making $19/hour, that isn't failure tier.

I'm a 23 year old neet khv living with his mommy. That's failure.
>>
>>26649335

I already have my degree which is basically worthless no more school for me, I should probably get a cert or two
>>
>>26647064
Keep doing your job OP, save money and improve yourself until you manage to get a plan
Trust me, be thankful for what you have
If you do the right thing in a couple of years you could be a rich, intelligent and succesful Chad
Why haven't you programmed a retarded app to stole money from normies purses yet?
>>
>>26650764

I don't want to be a chad though
>>
Well, why don't you get some certs if that's bothering you? 19 an hour isn't bad at all, it's enough to live off without having to worry about where your next meal will come from at the very least. You also have a computer and internet access, basically unlimited entertainment potential.

Do you have constructive hobbies? I recommend running and picking up an instrument. Photography is also fun and at some point you could even make a bit of extra cash with it. I really don't see what you have to complain about, unless you have like 100k worth of student loans or credit card debt or something.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.