[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fell for the STEM meme >stuck in a dead end job >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1456029118583.png (67 KB, 398x321) Image search: [Google]
1456029118583.png
67 KB, 398x321
>fell for the STEM meme
>stuck in a dead end job
>no decent connections to move up or get another job
>no friends or social life
>come back home late at night tired as fuck
>realise i forgot to buy anything to eat
>nearest store is 1 mile away
>fridge is empty
>too tired to play vidya or anime
>fap myself to sleep
>suddenly get a phone call from mom asking me how I'm doing
>lie
>mfw too tired to fap myself to sleep again
>shitpost on 4chan all night
>mfw I do this every day for the last 3 years

Life eventually gets better r-r-right robots?
>>
>>26645662
How have you survived for 3 years without eating?
>>
>>26645696
>comes home late at night
>realises he forgot to buy anything to eat

Nigga you lack basic comprehension
>>
What is your job?

I work in IT. I haven't even finished my degree and I have a decent full-time job for about 40K. I took some infosec classes and met a group of spergs, who all are into IT like I am. When I graduate in will get a job in Infosec and or sysadmin. I only have to deal with other spergs who have high level networking jobs.
>>
You got a STEM degree and have a dead end job where you come home late night?
I doubt is is the STEM meme that fucked you over, it's your lack of skillz.
Also, it's "late night" and your mom is calling?

Please think before you bait.
>>
File: 1450181065337.jpg (84 KB, 590x798) Image search: [Google]
1450181065337.jpg
84 KB, 590x798
>>26645733
>what is a joke
>>
>fell for the study-what-you-love meme
>stuck with no job
in all honesty op fuck you
>>
>>26645733
So he forgot to buy food every day for 3 years
>>
Is this the glorious wagecuck lifestyle I've heard so much about?
>>
>>26645906
>I doubt is is the STEM meme that fucked you over, it's your lack of skillz.

That's exactly what the STEMEME is all about. not everyone should study STEM stuff, some people are just much more well versed in the humanities yet decide to ignore it for MUH JOB, failing to realise that there's plenty of jobs for people who have studied humanities
>>
>>26645906
Some moms do call late at night to check on their now-adult offspring. Mine does occassionally.

Your mom probably doesn't care about you though, so I can see why you couldn't comprehend that.
>>
>>26645996
>plenty of jobs for people who have studied humanities
I've literally not once seen an ad for either of my two majors (anthropology and political science). My one big hope is a government job at the foreign office that I'm technically overqualified for and they only hire every 5-10 years. Without extended networking during your studies you're fucked with a liberal arts degree.
>>
>>26646160
You can always be a teacher, work for some embassies, for the government, work as a researcher for some uni. Problem is you have to have a good network and be fairly talented to do all those things. Still better than wasting your life on a STEM degree to get a job that makes you feel like a human shit every single day of your life, I know from personal experience. I dropped my labrat job started all over again, now I have a supercomfy job as teacher and it feels great
>>
>>26646206
>You can always
>Problem is you have to have
:^)
>>
>>26646160

With humanities you're rather unlikely to find a job that asks for your major. What you're looking for is a job that asks for a degree, together with skills that you don't have.

So get those skills, or get fucked.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.