[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /cocoon-mode/? >tfw cutting yourself completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Who here /cocoon-mode/?

>tfw cutting yourself completely off from everyone while you become the beautiful human being you were meant to be
>>
>>26642299
I'd be there already if I didn't have to go out to get a carton of smokes three times a month. Plus groceries.
>>
>>26642352
You can do it mentally, like be around other people but not be there in your mind. The less interaction the better, but always do shit that advances yourself. Its very easy to slide into neetdom
>>
File: mmfw.png (85 KB, 309x300) Image search: [Google]
mmfw.png
85 KB, 309x300
>>26642299

uh i've been in deadman hibernation the past year just avoiding everyone and everything.

been in some sort of.complete social exilement n seclusion since finishing high school in 2010.

i'm not okay with letting mental illness rule over my life anymore,

getting tired of this shit fampai
>>
File: 1455827906657.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1455827906657.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
I have pretty much shut down facebook and all forms of social media. I rarely hang out with anyone because they all just want to smoke weed, go to lame parties, and play video games. Nobody is an outdoorsy type out here. So I just drive to national parks on the weekends and hike. Finally go shooting to satisfy my outdoors weekend.

Why the fuck are people so ingrained into this turning up life? seriously...
>>
Pretty much,I spend most of my days reminding myself how ugly I look, I'm finishing a diet and plan to introduce myself socially when I lose some weight. I honestly look like a man child. I have puffy cheeks and very little facial definition.I made a Facebook sometime ago and hate it.It's reminded me how alone I am, when I didn't have one it wasn't a reminder of how socially rejected I am. I tried adding people I had 2 semesters of classes with on there and never got a response.People hate me, probably as much as I hate myself. Right now I'm 3 days clean of weed and alcohol. I'm hoping to tough it out and make positive changes so I can turn this mess of a life around.
>>
File: IMG_4082898820626.jpg (65 KB, 684x710) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4082898820626.jpg
65 KB, 684x710
>>26642563
The point of Cocoon mode is to separate yourself from society while you make yourself better. Attack your mental illness head-on, find ways of coping or pretending to be a normie, it won't be easy, but without people scrutinizing you every step of the way it will make it easier.

>>26642607
Facebook is shit anyway and outdoor activities are under-rated by 'netflix & chill' girls and videogames for guys. Being into the outdoors does wonders for the mind, body & soul.

>>26642762
Dieting, gym and clean living are the best ways to live the cocoon life. I myself am trying to stop smoking cigarettes & weed, drinking and abusing the shit out of Ritalin, of which I have been 2 days clean of all of these (which is quite pathetic really but its a start)

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT
>>
Cocoon mode is a retarded /fit/ meme. It doesn't work for us. If you isolate yourself, your social skills will worsen to the point where you won't even know what's going on around you anymore.
>>
>>26643245
I feel like the more withdrawn I've become the more anxious I get even doing things I could handle ok at the time.now even going to grocery store is a challenge
>>
>>26643245
It worked for me, everyone's social skills on here is fucked anyway, just work on it when you fix yourself
>>
I went full cocoon mode, cut off contacts and isolated myself to focus on my own improvement without distractions.

It worked really well for a while but I forgot to come back out so I was just a bitter lonely aspie at the end.
>>
I'm not going to give up, robots. I can't. I know I'll make many more mistakes down the road, but I just can't live like this anymore. I've done more than enough to fuck up the only life I have, and now it's time to put everything aside and work on what needs to be worked on.
>>
File: 1447812096038.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447812096038.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>26642299
Kind of. I'm not drastically improving myself in any way but I've cut myself off from everyone I ever knew to avoid their poisonous influence.
NEETing it up and living alone in housing program (I got really lucky)
Unfortunately even well meaning people can influence you in the wrong direction if they have an unhealthy perception of you.
>>
>>26642762
There is a thing that migt help beside getting /fit/

Greek chewing gym made from a tree syrup. It is tough and you can chew the shit out of it. By doing this you will train your cheeks and will look more manky due to structure. There is also Alpha.m. On youtube. Perhaps a good source to boost up your game.
>>
>>26643218
Other anon here.

I am trying ti quit smoking as well as steo up ny gym game.

We will make it
>>
>>26643218
what do you do outdoors?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.