[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of Martin Shkreli? >trolled media outlets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: martin-shkreli.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
martin-shkreli.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
What does /r9k/ think of Martin Shkreli?

>trolled media outlets outing them as the cash grabbing jewish story dreidelers they really are
>feud with rapper from wu tang clan which is funny as fuck
>raised the money of an AIDS drug (rip faggots) and for those who couldn't pay he gave them the drug at a reasonable discount or for free.
>>
>>26642108

he is a pretty cool guy. I haven't encountered one person who hates on him who has any idea of the actual facts of the situation.
>>
>>26642108
I love him. It's obvious he gets off on being the villain, and it's amazing how easily he can piss normalfags off. He's currently one of my favorite people in the world at the moment.

I hope he doesn't get sent to prison.
>>
Someone explain me who is this guy pls, is it one of those american politics things?
>>
>>26642223
He does what pharmaceutical companies do, but on a much smaller level and not as bad. Gets targeted and singled out.
>>
>>26642194
yeah if he gets sent to prison he'll probably get raped
>>
https://blab.im/martin-shkreli-shkreli-2-20-16
>>
>is still a virgin
>>
he is everything we should strive to be, he may well be the inspiration that pulls me out of this rut
>>
File: 1455137686799.png (225 KB, 478x556) Image search: [Google]
1455137686799.png
225 KB, 478x556
>>26642108
is it weird that I unironically find him attractive?
>>
>>26642108
I am at a fucking loss for words at this guy but god damn he's hilarious

(You can check his twitter yourself for confirmation, you can't fucking make this shit up lol)
>>
>>26642194
I just witnessed him crying on cam while talking to someone with cystic fibrosis. He's clearly very passionate about creating drugs and helping people. Not a villain at all. He's like a superhero.
>>
>>26642289
No, I'm the same
Hes actually really cute
>>
>>26642291
he was being sarcastic you autist.
>>
>>26642260
nope, he had tons of gfs.
>>
>>26642108
>what does /r9k/ think
Honestly, he represents a broken system, and everybody whining at him is going "boo hoo it's not fair" as if it ever has been.
>>
>>26642223

Shkreli is an investor who bought into a pharmaceutical company that owns the rights to a toxoplasmosis drug called Daraprim and had them raise the price from something like $2.50 to $750.

Daraprim is a relatively dangerous drug with lots of bad side-effects that was invented in 1950 but it is pretty much all you can use for people with a severe toxoplasmosis infection (typically someone with a compromised immune system due to HIV). Usually when a drug is dangerous companies try to invent a better and newer one, however, this costs A TON of money. Unfortunately, Daraprim had the combination of being very very cheap and not being used very often because people with sever toxoplasmosis infections are very rare, this means that it isn't economical for a company to spend the enormous amount of money researching a safer substitute.

Shkreli saw an opportunity to fix this problem and make a shit ton of money in the process. He led an investor group to buy the company that owned the rights to Daraprim and jack up the price to the levels of similarly rarely used drugs. With the profits they are researching a better alternative to replace Daraprim.

This does not mean that people who can't afford the new price will die. Anyone who can't afford it will get it for free or at a heavily discounted price. They actually give away something like 60% of the drugs for free to people who can't afford them. It just means that rich people and insurance companies have to pay more.
>>
>>26642430
hello shkreli himself
>>
>>26642108
If you get HIV you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>raised the money of an AIDS drug (rip faggots)

hey grandpa
>>
>>26642108
Based shrkreli is amazing he decimated some fag by calling his mom on stream
>>
>>26642108
Nice try Martin
>>
shillpost: the thread
>>
I would defend Shrkeli based on what he said in his vice interview but then he got charged with tax evasion on something completely different so i'm pretty sure that's just a front
>>
Love him, want him in my bum
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 237x78) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 237x78
I have him on steam. Feels good.
>>
>>26642108
I hate him because he's a richfag and I'm a bitter, broken person who can barley go outside starving half the month on a petty amount of NEETbux
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.