[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are some people lazier than others? Do you think it has to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: smoker_pepe.jpg (75 KB, 780x688) Image search: [Google]
smoker_pepe.jpg
75 KB, 780x688
Why are some people lazier than others? Do you think it has to do with one's upbringing and life experiences, or is it due to biological factors? And how can I become more hardworking? Like when I ask people how I can become more hardworking, they just regurgitate cliche motivational platitudes. I really need to stop being lazy because I'm currently taking six classes in college, but I don't know how.
>>
When shit in life dosen't pay off you start getting lazyer thats atleast the case for me
>>
people who work hard either love what they do, want lots of money, or they're delusional, that's pretty much it
>>
For me I was narcissistic as a kid and I was surrounded by people where success and hardwork meant having a 9-5, a couple kids, and a decent house. I thought I was better than all that so I became extremely hardworking in fear of having a shitty and dull life. So it's really just a paradigm I guess. Some people are satisfied with being lazy af and some people can't stand it.
>>
>>26640187
Goals are a pretty effective method for that. Not general goals like making your life better those are shit and make you feel bad when you don't meet them. You need specific goals like study x class 15 minutes every day. At this stage it's incredibly more important that you do something every day instead of trying something difficult. If you keep up a regular schedule your body and mind will get used to it and you WILL get better. If that doesn't work then you'll need to see a doctor and get some therapy and possibly meds. For example, I'm currently taking zoloft to help me get to sleep among other things. Also, get a reason to continue, like making things better or discovering truth or having fun or whatever. That last part isn't necessary because you might just go through life relaxing and enjoying things, but it does help.

Godspeed anon, I'm rooting for you.
>>
File: 1391170368292.gif (9 KB, 250x301) Image search: [Google]
1391170368292.gif
9 KB, 250x301
I started taking stims to combat my laziness. They get me really fucking amped up and I stay up for days getting all this shit done. I'm way in the back of all my engineering textbooks, further than we're ever even gonna touch on. I wanna design all this cool fucking shit. Every equation I read prompts all these possibilities in my head. I feel so fucking motivated, like there's this SPARK that just lights up my fucking soul. I get these intense urges, like "I should design a satellite" or "I should figure out how an oil refinery works". I start building all these models of different processes so I can understand them better. And when I hit a wall or my model fails, that just gets me excited because it means I need to read up about some more shit.

Take stims, guys. It's like I'm on some Limitless fucking shit or something.
>>
>>26640398
Thanks man, I'll try to set specific goals rather than just general life goals. I'll try to study an hour for each class per day.
>>
>>26640540
Never say try. Try means there is room for failure. You are definitely going to do it. And if it doesn't work out, just do it again. But never say try.
>>
>>26640642
Okay. I will set specific goals rather than just general ife goals. I'll study an hour for each class per day
>>
It's called having momentum in life.

Some people get extremely lucky in that they get through stages of life very easily and the momentum builds up into a unstoppable force.

For most here they've been stopped at key points in their life which have stopped the momentum for reasons usually out of their control. Environmental factors are pretty huge on your development as you grow up. By environment I mean how the outside world reacts to your presence. Your genetics in height, social skills gained from childhood and general appearance (genetics) fuck your ability to interact and grow because the outside world rejects you. A Chad with alpha genetics is not going to face these issues and will guide through three stages of life which gives them all the confidence and momentum to push forward in life and keep doing better.
>>
>>26640255
This. Literally everything I plan or do gets fucking destroyed or doesn't pay out at all. Happens every single day.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.