[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need an easy job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14
File: image.png (191 KB, 410x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191 KB, 410x409
Mommy is serious this time. Mommy said I have to get a job or else.

Mommy and daddy are finally on the same page, guilt doesn't work anymore. They already deleted all my games off my computer and took my xbox.

What job can I get that is easy as fuck? Something where I can sit down and pretend to work.
>>
1. How old are you.

2. Do you have any previous job experience/history.

If you have no job history and you're in your 20s, you're parents are expecting you to get a job they're being delusional.

Your only choice is to get into higher education to get some specific qualifications to get a specific job.

This isn't the 1970s where you just walk into any job without any qualifications at any age.
>>
>>26638833
>specific qualifications to get a specific job.

could you give me some examples? i'm pretty useless and can't think of any.
>>
>>26638896
>you're parents

your*

my bad. error. fucking phone.
>>
>>26638833
Nope, it's time to enter the real world, fatass. Just get a retail job.
>>
>>26638896
You can be a no-skill factory worker. Ours start at minimum wage and work about 60+ hours a week.

And that's where they stay.
>>
>>26638917
For example, going to a trade-school and learning how to become a electrician, plumber, carpenter. Or going to a community college/TAFE and studying aged care to work in a aged care facility etc.

That's what I mean by specific qualifications to get a specific job.

You will NOT find a job in anything besides maybe retail without any previous job experience being in your 20s, even then they prefer to higher females with previous retail experience.

Your chances of finding a job in your 20s as a male with zero work history is basically 0.01%
>>
security guard for a private company, worst case scenario you have to walk around every so often, best case you watch cameras
>>
>>26639031
Why would a company hire a scrawy 100lbs manlet who has a skin tone similiar to that of casper the ghost who probably can't even bench press an empty 45lbs bar to work as their security? LMAO.
>>
>>26639004
>For example, going to a trade-school and learning how to become a electrician, plumber, carpenter. Or going to a community college/TAFE and studying aged care to work in a aged care facility etc.

i think i'd hate all those

>inb4 yes that's life alone get used to it

which is probably true, is there anything else that doesn't looks so repetitive and dull i could train fo
>>
>>26639075
they don't care, they just need a human being for liability issues and for insurance reasons, they hire 60 year old women for security guards at hospitals
>>
>>26638833
Fucking data entry
>sit in a comfy chair and scan folders for 7 hours.
Don't blow your brains out though.
>>
>>26639088
if you can learn how to dive, do it. you dont have to talk to anyone and there is always the option of riding your weights to the bottom and staying there if it all gets to be too much
>>
Since all of the suggestions in this thread are absolute shit made by people who probably never got an entry job on their own, here's my suggestion:

Call center

This is THE job that is ALWAYS hiring due to the high turnover rate. This THE job that has literally no qualifications. They have alright pay for entry level and almost ALWAYS give you 40 hours a week.

How do you do it (properly)?

Copy a template resume from the internet. Make up the resume objective copying what they are asking for (use the key words so the computer doesn't filter your resume out). Make up the Skills using almost verabatim what they are asking for (again, simply a copy and paste with some adjustments). Make the Skills part with lots of them since you have no work experience.

Then just don't sperg out on the phone and in person interview.

Ta-da you got your first job ever and alright pay.

Source:
NEET for 4 years work experience, high school diploma, and some college credits./3 years later I'm earning $16/hr.
>>
>>26639344
>calling my post shit
I literally went job searching after being given an ultimatum two days afterwards. Went to a temp service and got asked if I wanted a position that became available AS I was filling out the forms to start applying.
>>
>>26639134
All the security guards at the hospital I work at are tank and they need to be too deal with the delerious old people and drug intox young people.
>>
>>26639397
>alt+f "temp"
>this post I'm responding to is literally the only one
Yes, whichever post you had was SHIT since it clearlt said nothing of the sort. No "luck" at a temp agency isn't a good suggestion, but it's a noteworthy idea.
>>
>>26639075
I know a 5'6 tree nigger who's probably a buck 15 soaking wet who is a security guard at EA studios. They just need somebody to stand around with a fucking radio
>>
>>26639031
Or, yknow, work doors and shit and actually have to use a bit of muscle, being /fit helps
>>
File: wtf grasshole show.jpg (7 KB, 232x164) Image search: [Google]
wtf grasshole show.jpg
7 KB, 232x164
>>26638833
Suicide is the only option.
I tried to work after being a NEET for 4 years, I always failed to keep a job for more than a month.
After another 3 years I finally got kicked to the street.
It is literally hell. You only other choice if you don't want to kill self is to go to a shelter and live there, but it is also another kind of hell.
Good luck anon, your nightmare begins now.
>>
>>26639474
Whatever anon. Making assumptions in the first sentence of your post was what fired me up anyway. I got that job on my own so fuck you.
>>
>>26638833

Become a Fluffer OP. Work is easy and pay is decent.
>>
>>26639004
What about a burger flipping job?
>>
>>>26639624
>boo hoo recognize me sempai
Move along now as I provide advice and not allegory. Nobody wants to hear your story.
>>
File: 1453352860799.png (861 KB, 845x627) Image search: [Google]
1453352860799.png
861 KB, 845x627
>>26638833
>tfw this is the fate of all neetcucks
>>
>>26638833
Just tell her the truth.
>"I'll end myself and it will be on your hands."
>"I was brought into this world regardless of my own will just because you wanted a kid. You've already taken away the things I like, I have nothing to live for now"

Tell her.
>>
My parents are doing the same thing. I'm 21 and I'm transferring next semester to Cal Poly, so I was hoping not to deal with this.

I've never had a job, and they want me to find a job in one week or I'm being booted. I already got rejected at McDonalds. What do I do?
>>
>>26639722
Not gonna work.
She will probably kick him right there and then.
Parents think that you are gonna change when kicked out of the street. They don't realize that if you were born in the wild, you would already be death after they kicked you out of the house at the equivalent of 16, because you wouldn't be able to feed yourself.
>>
>>26639739
I got rejected from McDonald's and Target.

I eventually found out that seasonal positions tend to be pretty easy to land. It might only be temporary, but it's something.
>>
Go to temp agencies. 90% of what they have at low skills will be 2nd shift, suck, and underpaid. Luckily the 10% will be cool jobs working with your hands at awesome small companies. Do your research OP. Brush up on your resume and create one if you are complete NEET degenerate.

I'm currently job hunting as well. Best of luck.
>>
>>26639344
>Socially inept NEET should work at a call center
>don't sorry out on the phone
Jesus Christ why don't you just fucking stab in the face now instead of making him wait.
>>
>>26639901
Sperg not sorry, stupid fucking phone
>>
I worked at a call center for one week. It was the most miserable experience in my life. Voice actually hurt by the end of each day cause the muscles or whatever needed to sound enthusiastic were so undeveloped
>>
>>26638833
OP don't listen to these idiots. Become a prostitute. It's very easy, you can make 200 an hour tax free and get free sex.
>>
pro-tip: mommy is never serious. go back to bed.
>>
>>26638833
>They already deleted all my games off my computer
oh man that's hilarious because that means it isn't even your PC
>>
>>26641488
see
>>26639622
And go to hell.
super originality.
>>
>>26641565
shhhh the sad internet people are just trying to scare you. go back to bed
>>
>>26641588
You are such a sob and I hope you end homeless sometimes, so you know what it is.
>>
>>26639004
You don't have to go to a trade school, you can start with an apprenticeship. I'm going through my electrician apprenticeship currently and once I hit 8k hours, I'll take a test to get my certification and become a journeyman. Journeyman electricians (or whatever trade you choose) typically handle contracts by themselves and get paid $20 an hour at minimum. Join a union if you can.
>>
>>26641612
shh shh baby nobodys gonna hurt ya
>>
File: 1316284861346.png (13 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1316284861346.png
13 KB, 679x427
>>26641638
I am the guy that ended in the street.
You are a piece of shit.
>>
>>26639004
>Your chances of finding a job in your 20s as a male with zero work history is basically 0.01%

I mean, I guess it depends on where you live, but the city I'm in is swimming in jobs. My first one after I dropped out of college was at a pet store and I went in with no experience, looking like a drugged-out hippy and was ten minutes late to the interview. They called me literally as soon as I got back home and told me I had the job.
>>
hmm..

neet master race posters btfo? :p

(tfw i was neet for 2 yrs but ended up finding an easy as FUCK job where i have to do little socializing)
>>
who here jobless at 25+????
>>
>>26641814
Does it count if I have a shop and basically sit here all day doing nearly nothing?
>>
>>2664169
if it makes you feel better i'll be joining you soon

but for now, WEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>26641696
>>26641952
i missed gomennasai
>>
>>26641782
>(tfw i was neet for 2 yrs but ended up finding an easy as FUCK job where i have to do little socializing)

what is it?
>>
>>26639677
>What about a burger flipping job?

No. That is beneath any self-respecting non-negro/spic.
>>
>>26640285
>It's very easy, you can make 200 an hour tax free and get free sex.

Firstly nobody is going to pay more than $50 p/h for a man - there is no market for it. Secondly, the only customers you will get will be gay men who are too ugly/fat to get laid by the most degenerate, sex-obsessed demographic.
>>
>>26641814
>who here jobless at 25+????

27 and have only held a paid job for 3 months. I do have a BA and MA though, but no grad jobs are hiring. Fuck flipping burgers though, I'd rather starve.
>>
>>26639739
I can get you a job if you live in LA county and somewhat close to me
>>
If you aren't morons and cowards you can teach English in South Korea.

All you need is a bachelor's degree. They pay for your flight over, apartment, health insurance, and the pay is decent compared to cost of living.

You can eat out each day and still save 10 grand after the first year.
>>
>>26639153
It's the truly NEETest of jobs, without being a NEET. Browse the internet all day, do bare minimum work enough for the boss not to bitch, bring in laptop.

It's the life.
>>
File: comfyfeel.png (181 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
comfyfeel.png
181 KB, 400x400
>>26638833
So after all the smugness and elitisism, you're finally collapsing in on yourself, begging to become a wagecuck like us? Ha, good luck and s-see you on m-monday, ;_;
>>
Are there any security jobs in the military where you sit in front of a computer all day and watch the cameras?
>>
>>26642126
Basically any idiot (similarly, with a bachelors) can do the same in Japan.

I'm not sure how the pay/cost of living compares, but at least you won't be inundated with Korean revisionist lies
>>
>>26639153
How much do data entry workers get paid?
>>
>>26642466
about $12/hr
maybe less in the south and other poor places.
>>
>>26642478
South of where?

I'm from Ghana
>>
>>26638896
>This isn't the 1970s where you just walk into any job without any qualifications at any age.
Oh come on. McD and other fastfood joints hire anyone, and you don't need any coalafications to be a dishwasher.
It's not "easy as fuck" though, quite the opposite.
>>
>>26642478
Sounds nice, but isn't that the sort of work where they can actually account for how much you're working? How do you stare at a computer and listen to music all day?
>>26642490
Probably means the American Bible Belt. Having never been there myself, the general impression is that it's an area of relatively low wealth and education that's been bled dry by the Republicans and their cronies who use it as their base of support.
>>
>>26642497
>Oh come on. McD and other fastfood joints hire anyone

Not for much longer. Remember that McD was one of the companies behind the "redbox" DVD rental kiosks; the point of the project was to see fi people could be used to using a complex ordering system from a kiosk. It was essentially a test run of fully automating ordering food.
>>
>>26642561
i'm not really from Ghana
>>
>>26642614
I almost kinda figured desu mon~.
>>
Very near minimum wage
>>
>>26642561
Oh shut up you complete mug
>>>/int/55369204
>>
File: 1449708728121.png (87 KB, 192x187) Image search: [Google]
1449708728121.png
87 KB, 192x187
>>26642497
>McD and other fastfood joints hire anyone
>>
>>26638833
LMAO i don't know if you're serious bro but if you are - LMFAO
>>
>>26642661
>Having never been there myself,
what makes you think that i felt anything about this or would feel anything about you showing me this
STOP EMBARASSING ME!!
>>
>>26638833
Just suck it up and get into a trade. Carpentry, masonry, electrician, etc., you won't have to deal with people like in retail and if you get into an apprenticeship, you'll pick some very valuable skills that younger generations are losing interest in rapidly (for this reason, you will NEVER have trouble finding work anywhere) and have the chance at making a LOT of money without having to get a degree. Yeah, it's labor and therefore can be hard work, but it'll give you a much needed kick in the ass and you'll gain a skill set that will be relevant for the rest of your life.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>26638833
This is scary and I shouldn't be smug.
>>
File: 1452626860753.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1452626860753.png
30 KB, 747x491
>>26639153
I always thought data entry would be a comfy job, but they monitored our work computers and sites like youtube and facebook were blocked on our computers.

I used to go to the bathroom like 8 times a day and play games on my phone because I couldn't slack at my desk, but there also wasn't enough work to fill 8 hours.
>>
>>26638833
well here is my suggestion tho
yeah most people here are absolutely retarded and whipe that smirk off your face because i mean you
you could get a 3 month retail job if you forget about big chains, maybe a mom and pop store but not being able to drive reduces your chances 70% or so
but thats notn what you want at all, retail is a death trap anyways, whatyou want is to gety an easy and fast certification that will take you a couple of months and allow you to get a skilled job
the ones im aware from the top of my heads are
>air conditioner of fridge rerpairman
>asisstant baker
>cable instalation
forget about bartender tho you are not one of those retards
once you got your shitty fast certification then you either work for yourself or you try and apply somewhere easy as that
>>
>>26642916

You are the worst poster on r9k
>>
>>26641631

>8,000 hours

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>26643180
Lol he's sick regularly coming up with fresh spoiler content sorry you're some reddit tier tumblrina faggot who likes men!
You can get /out/ anytime pleb
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 640x400
>>26643235

> being this much of a try hard
> all those dank memes

Yep, the worst.
>>
>>26643272
I'm high sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 480x432
>>26643316

It's ok anon

An original comment
>>
>>26643392
Are you a robot or a normalfag?
>>
>>26643417

I'm an ascended-level degenerate, worst of both worlds
>>
>>26643446
I'm not sure what this means could you explain please?
>>
sucks for you op it could be worse you could be me.
>get student loan
>go to college
>finish college
>immediately kicked out of the house
>cant find job
>use loan money to pay for rent in small town with no jobs
>run out of loan money
>still no job
>my only options are being homeless
Probably gonna kill myself soon desu. idk waht my parents were expecting. i just finished school and they kick me out? it would have been so much easier to get a job if i did not have to sign a 6 month lease in a shitty apartment in a tiny town.
>>
>>26643547
Dude what the fuck is wrong with your parents?
Can i get some green text on why they kicked you out?
>>
File: 1412240285300.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1412240285300.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>26638896
>no previous experience
>landed a gas station job just because they were desperate for workers
>just turned 20
>>
>>26643688
Ido the same job though i am a student studying safety and security.

I believe gasstations clerks will be replaced by automation soon. We had on of them a couple of kilometers away from us and we saw our total amount of customers drop.
Breety good for me because I still get paid the same. But now I get to be comfy while doing so.
>>
>>26643596
my brother got a job close to home so they gave the house to him and his gf. I almost got kicked out a week before my finals with no notice but my bro said hed feel bad if i was made to move out so soon so hed wait to take the place until after i was done school.
Parents just wanted me out because "its time to grow up and get a place of your own" i dont even know. they were not living at the house the same time i was.
>>
>>26643202
Yep, roughly four years. That's why most people that are interested in a trade start their apprenticeships while they're still in high school. It's really not that bad, an apprentice still makes good money compared to a lot of other entry-level jobs, the median wage for an electrical apprentice is $15 an hour. Just depends on where you are and who you're working for. It's also a field where working hard and learning fast really pays off, I got my first raise after three weeks and it was a dollar, not like twenty or forty cents.
>>
>>26643792
Wow.
So much for family eh?
That's fucked up shit senpai
>>
>>26638833
I hope you were one of those faggots who posted wagecuck threads.

If I were you I'd apply for security jobs. Look at cameras in a dark room for 8 hours, talk to no one.
>>
How hard is farming?

Is it even possible to become a peasant?
>>
>>26638833
OP, if you don't mind all the exercise, join the army
>>
>>26643818
i think its because my parents are just retarded af and so they are trying "tough love" out.
Also i genuinely believe my dad subconsciously does not want me to be successful.
>>
become an anarcho primitivist. it's deplorable that man is not free to build a home, pick fruits and hunt game where he pleases.

the property elite must perish.

or at least be made to pay us adequate social security as remittance for the opportunity they withdrew from us
>>
>>26642600
Funny you mention that. The McD's near me is trial running ordering kiosks. The benefit is more options. The con is you must pay by card.

I can't wait for the food making process to be automated. Then they can just have managers keeping the machines running and refilling them.
>>
>>26643877
>farming
It ain't easy nigga
>>
If you need money: food-service is the easiest job market to enter. Minimum wage and a kind of shitty job but the work makes time go by faster and you often can get free meals out of it.

If you don't need money: Volenteer at a local library. They almost never say no and the work is piss-easy. Your parents will probably find it noble too, and it buffs a resume pretty good when you want to get a paying job. The work is less exciting though and the day might drag a bit.
>>
File: 1416561961109.jpg (35 KB, 480x557) Image search: [Google]
1416561961109.jpg
35 KB, 480x557
>>26644214
>If you don't need money
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48 KB, 500x282
>>26638833
Remember this thread NEET faggots

This will be your fate
Keep trying to deny it everyday
Its coming
>>
>>26643967
Mother nature belongs to no one.
>>
>>26644310

Some NEETs choose to put their benefits to work for them, multiplying their NEETbux by several orders of magnitude in the market. Other NEETs are content to spend wagecuck's tax dollars just as soon as they get them on whatever they need or desire in the moment. What you don't understand is that the NEET has the luxury of making this decision, and whatever he decided is his choice and his alone. You may disagree, but it's not up to you, the NEET is the master of his own destiny.
>>
>>26644854
The NEET is dependent on the government. You know what happens when a country goes to war? You guys are the first to get funding cut.
>>
>>26638833
Start temping.
>>
>>26644854
>the NEET is the master of his own destiny

This thread seems to contradict that.
>>
>>26644896
No need to wait for that. President Trump will make America great again by putting NEETs to work. Or, wait... he will go to war as well. So both.
>>
>>26638833
Grocery store. I worked at Whole Foods and had fun, made friends, despite being a generally awkward beta. Was pretty easy too. Also I had literally zero experience and they pretty much hired me on the spot.
>>
>>26644854
What does that have to do with the post you're replying to?
>>
>>26644854
>the NEET is the master of his own destiny.

Comedy fucking gold.
>>
>>26644952
Whole Foods pays pretty good too, from what I understand. For retail, at least.
>>
>>26643938
You should tell them about your current predicament
>>
>>26644991
Well, yes, generally. They started me at 12/hour, ~3 dollars higher than the minimum wage here.
>>
File: 1430787813276.jpg (130 KB, 817x710) Image search: [Google]
1430787813276.jpg
130 KB, 817x710
>all those wagie threads
>all those NEET master-race threads
>One decision by mommy and daddy, and it all comes tumbling down

Where are the neetcuck "master-race" posters now?
>>
>>26639344
how you have the nerve to criticise other people's advice after laying this turd of a post is beyond me.

call centre work is THE shittest entry-level job available. the hours are generally disgusting and variable. you'll have to work weekends at least some of the time. the only way to get ahead is to be a complete and utter asshole, so guess what your boss will be like? you're expected to remember and follow a million different arbritary rules and still manage to hit ridiculous targets or you're deemed as underperforming. oh, and on top of all that you have to deal with people from the general public who treat you like shit all day, because they know that you can't say shit to them because you'll be fired.

even for normies its a below shit-tier job that i wouldnt wish on anyone, for a socially inept robot with no prior work experience it would be worse.
>>
>>26638833

Falseflagging wagie pls go now.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.