[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Robots. I need some advice. There is a girl who works in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 123.jpg (78 KB, 482x298) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
78 KB, 482x298
Hey Robots. I need some advice.

There is a girl who works in the same building as I do, she is roughly my age. I don't know her name but I have made very small conversations with her in the hall way for a few seconds (we work in different companies).

I don't see her all that much, but when I do its a pleasant and comfortable experience. I was thinking of doing something spontaneously nice for her and I purchased a small box of chocolates.

I have a card to go with the chocolates, but I wanted to know how I would address it to her without knowing her name? I'm sure I can find it from the internet but I don't want to be that guy that knows her name strangely.

Her company is small (4 people) and she is the only girl with brown hair. Should I make it out to the girl with brown hair? With the message stating that I dont know her name but I hope these chocolates brighten up her monday?

I want to use this as a platform to converse with her more often. What do you guys think? How do I address the letter? Is it a completely bad fucking idea? 22 year old hand-holdless virgin btw.
>>
Make it out to the girl with brown hair if shes the only one. Just make sure she knows you gave it.
>>
>>26638160
so this is the plot of some totally tru story romance novel, and you're here trying to expose us delusional robots that think any sort of grand romantic gesture is pointless in the modern world?
>>
>>26638322

Surely a box of chocolates in the modern world isn't totally meaningless? But...should I just not do it?
>>
File: 1435365184887.jpg (33 KB, 714x540) Image search: [Google]
1435365184887.jpg
33 KB, 714x540
>>26638160

>I don't see her all that much, but when I do its a pleasant and comfortable experience. I was thinking of doing something spontaneously nice for her and I purchased a small box of chocolates.

Don't.

>Should I make it out to the girl with brown hair? With the message stating that I dont know her name but I hope these chocolates brighten up her monday?

Nope. You have no rapport, not even a name. It might be cute, but she'll still be a little creeped out. It screams of desperation.

> What do you guys think?

I think you should get to know her better. Pic related

How do I address the letter? Is it a completely bad fucking idea?

Don't write her a letter, then she'll know you've been obsessing over her and imagining your lives together. Do you even know if she's single? What if she's part of some feminist cult that prides itself on castrating males? Or what if she's "liberal" and looking for a bi-sexual male to have an "open" relationship with?

How about this, next time you talk to her, ask her when her lunch hour is. Ask her to meet you for lunch, then look for funky place with good yelp reviews (something simple like sandwiches, don't try to go all exotic and go for sushi unless you actually know enough about sushi to not look like an idiot)
>>
>>26638499

Is there anyway in any shape or form that she wont be creeped out by the box of chocolates? How can it seem like a nice gesture?
>>
>>26638589

Ill take that as a no
>>
>>26638589

>How can it seem like a nice gesture?

By building familiarity and having a context for it. Once you get to know her, and say, she tells you her birthday or she mentions how much she LOVES coconut turtles.

It's just too early, even if she's not creeped out you're setting high expectations. Let me give you a brief lesson in business because I'm a social retard myself who has only made sense of social relationships by using imperfect business analogies

I had a teacher, who at one time owned a restaurant. He told us that since he first opened, he had an older gentleman and his wife who came in every weekend. His restaurant had been in business for five years, and business was good.

>be slow Sunday night
>oldest "regulars" ever come through the door, along with what seems to be some of their extended family
>towards the end of the meal, my teacher decides to approach them and thank them for coming
>have you guys tried the pie?
>old couple seems hesitant to answer, yet he knows they LOVE the pie truth is, they buy it from a local bakery, it's just re-heated in house
>"Don't worry, I'll fetch all of you a slice, on the house"
>Everybody is happy, owner feels nice about treating his best customers

>they come back next week, with different guests
>after they finish their meal, they order a round of coffee
>they stay there longer than usual, coffee after coffee
>owner comes out, again, thanks them for coming
>doesn't offer them pie this time
>guest finish their cups, leave shortly after
>never return

If you're going to do something nice, make sure they context is clear lest it become an EXPECTATION. If you set yourself up to constantly feed into a higher-than-usual EXPECTATION, best be prepared to raise the bar

There's nothing wrong with being nice for niceness' sake, just understand not everyone will see it for what it is and some will try to take advantage while other will wonder what it is you want from them.
>>
don't do this, she will probably find it kind of creepy.

this kind of thing works in movies, not real life.

just ask her out instead of playing all these dumb games.
>>
>>26638589
if you're a 8/10+ it will work but i assume you aren't
>>
>>26638589
No goddammit, why are you so fixated on chocolates? If you're like 6'5 and very charming you might be able to pull it off, but if you two are just acquaintances and have barely talked at all it is going to be way out of left field and creepy.

Fucking just ask her to lunch or coffee casually like a normal adult, this isn't 8th grade valentines day.
>>
>>26638980
>>26638955
>>26638940
>>26638909

I just thought a girl would find a box of chocolates cute and mysterious. Thanks I guess robots, ill throw them away and try get the card refunded.
>>
>>26639197
from now on when you decide to do something like this, you need to ask yourself the question "would this work is a romantic comedy"

if the answer is yes, it will NOT work in real life
>>
>>26639197
>I just thought a girl would find a box of chocolates cute and mysterious

Some girl might, but finding one that does is going to be a minefield. Remember that you are always one wrong implication away from being a sexual predator and losing your job. Don't be the creepy guy, it will be the end of you.
>>
>>26639197

>Thanks I guess robots, ill throw them away and try get the card refunded.

Why not, you know, eat them?

How about this, as an exercise in learning not to give a fuck, write "you're beautiful". Go outside tomorrow around midday, and hand them to the first woman you see walking alone.
>>
File: cat.jpg (190 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
190 KB, 1000x1000
>>26639352
>getting maced by choice
>>
>>26638160
Anon, fuck the virgins ITT.
Give the bitch the chocolates, and yeah
>girl with brown hair, though this would brighten up your monday
>mfw killer

bitches love that shit, unless they are a whore or stuck up; in which case who gaf?
Do that shit, worst case she doesn't like you (I doubt she would think you were a creep because you asked her out in a semi-clever way). She doesn't even work for the same company so go for it.

I'm telling you, as a man who has had girlfriends, sex and has a wife.
Do it.
>>
>>26639197
You sound pathetic.

Original comment.
>>
>>26638499
U need a gf m8, you'd learn a lot.

> It might be cute, but she'll still be a little creeped out. It screams of desperation.

No, it screams i'm not a manwhore and I want to start a real relationship, or at least give one a chance.

>Don't write her a letter, then she'll know you've been obsessing over her and imagining your lives together.

this is true, no letter

>>26638589
who tf gets creeped out by a box of chocolates?
She will think its nice, and will from then on know who you are
>>
>>26639698
Do this OP and then tell us about how badly it went.
>>
>>26639806
Yes, do this OP

Then you will actually have a chance. Really every /v/irgin itt is just spitting out shit they heard from their older cousin who's only fingered the local coke whore and then boasts of being a lady killer.

Do this, and you will have a chance. Don't and you will never even know the bitches name.
>>
>>26639858
please shut up

op should either ask her out or not, that's it.

stupid movie cliche bullshit will not work
>>
>>26639858
Op remember this is Chad and he can't fathom how some nerdy faggot giving chocolates to an attractive woman goes in the real world. If you are not attractive and charming she will be very put off by this move if she doesn't get to know you first, and best case scenario she will accept it and be nice in a patronizing way even though you have no chance.

Op if you are attractive and charming though go for it.
>>
>>26639944
Except it does though. And if you'd ever been inside a woman that you didn't pay you'd know that women do like that shit. You only think they don't because you are an autist faggot who is intimidated by women.

Yeah asking her out is just fine, but what OP said would leave an impression (just, again no letter plz)

Plz go get some pussy without paying, then come back and i'll let you help me keep arguing with virgins.
>>
File: 1412893138684.jpg (89 KB, 768x958) Image search: [Google]
1412893138684.jpg
89 KB, 768x958
>>26639796

>U need a gf m8
Don't rub it in
>you'd learn a lot.
I've learned plenty from the ones I've been with. Still recovering from my last hard-learned lesson.
Lesson: even if she praises you for treating her like a lady in public, she wants to be treated like a whore in bed. If she's not a virgin when you meet her, she expects rough violent sex

>No, it screams i'm not a manwhore and I want to start a real relationship, or at least give one a chance.

She MIGHT read that, AFTER you've gotten to know her. She KNOWS OP doesn't have much to go on other than looks. HE doesn't even know her NAME.

If you're attractive and you pull this shit, she'd likely go for it, but suspect you're a manwhore.

If you're not attractive and you pull this shit she'd likely think "Oh how cute, the ugly little goblin has the hots for me. I'll humor him for a minute"

Perhaps we've had different life experiences, and I'm glad yours have been positive but mine have only work to make me jaded to this kind of shit and be more cautious with whom I put in my best effort for.
>>
>>26640028
yes I'm sure you have extensive experience giving chocolate to women and getting mad pussy
>>
>>26640011
okay, maybe so. Maybe i'm just so damn good looking and clever that I can't imagine what it's like to not be.

But I seriously fucking doubt that, and you guys are probably just to up in your feelings.
>>
File: 1436784959533.jpg (196 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1436784959533.jpg
196 KB, 800x800
>>26640081
>arguing with dub dubs

fuck off chad
>>
>>26640028
>>26639858
>>26639796
>>26639698

Well how do I address it to her without the letter? I want her to know its from me or at least have an idea as to why I gave it to her. If she gets a box of chocolates left at the door she'lll think is someone else.
>>
>>26640067
>If she's not a virgin when you meet her, she expects rough violent sex

Partially true, but not all women expect you be on top of your game from the get go. Obviously if she wants that then you may not be right together.

>"Oh how cute, the ugly little goblin has the hots for me. I'll humor him for a minute"
topkek

>but mine have only work to make me jaded to this kind of shit and be more cautious with whom I put in my best effort for.

Mine have mostly been shit as well, cheating bitches and all, but when you get a woman that is worth it, its worth it. I'm sorry you feel you need to give up.

>>26640078
No I prefer to give them radishes.

>>26640120
No, I am having too much fun
>>
>>26640172
Your *to the woman with brown hair, thought this would brighten your monday* is not bad assuming she is a decent woman and single. Just no full page letter describing how you feel and shit.
>>
>>26640172
Jesus fucking christ

ask her if she wants to go to lunch one day

stop making this so fucking complicated. don't give her anything. take a fucking Xanax, grow a pair, and ask her to lunch. don't do anything else.
>>
>>26640258
>stop making this so fucking complicated. don't give her anything. take a fucking Xanax, grow a pair, and ask her to lunch.

Solid fucking advice
>>
File: ayyy my heart.jpg (15 KB, 453x381) Image search: [Google]
ayyy my heart.jpg
15 KB, 453x381
>>26640191

>Partially true... Obviously if she wants that then you may not be right together.
> I'm sorry you feel you need to give up.

She left me for her ex, because they
>"had a better connection"

I'm not giving up, just taking a long break and focusing on my career. Y'know
>fuck bitches, get money ?
>>
>>26640280
>left me for her ex
know that feeling, and it is a bad one.
Really, words can't describe the way one feels inside whenever they feel they have been bested by another; especially in a romantic relationship

>taking a long break and focusing on my career.

You'll probably end up meeting someone through your career, and she'll be a lot better of a companion.
>>
>>26640191
>but when you get a woman that is worth it, its worth it
They're all worth it until they cheat on you. You just aren't up to the point in your current relationship where you've caught her cheating yet. Way to keep falling for the same trap over and over again, it always ends the same but you always think its different before it finishes.
>>
>>26640210

Of course no full page letter. I should have been clearer, its a blank card.

How should I work the message should it simply to:

To the girl with brown hair,

I don't know your name but I hope this brightens up your day.

A -

I'm thinking of putting the first letter of my name and having her figure out the rest?
>>
>>26640329
DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS JUST READ THIS AND FUCKING DO IT YOU STUPID FUCK YOU WILL LITERALLY RUIN ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE BY DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS>>26640258
>>
>>26640323
buddy we've been together a long time, married awhile. If she was gonna cheat it'd of been during the bad times.

>>26640329

I'd put my name, and say I worked at the office next door (or something so she can kind of know who you are)

>>26640367
quit sperging you fucking retard
>>
>>26640367

By giving her a box of chocolates and a cute message? She will literally be jumping up and down all day waiting for OP to make the next move. Don't under estimate how much women love the sappy romance shit.

If OP is remotely attractive and is able to ask her out afterwards, he will have it in the bag.
>>
>>26640315

>You'll probably end up meeting someone through your career, and she'll be a lot better of a companion.

I appreciate the words of consolation, but I think I've already found her. A Suzuki GS500E, I'll take lessons this summer and ride like it like I'm deliberately trying to bust my shit.

I'm not in a hurry, and I need to sort a lot of things out right now before letting anyone in.

In good time, like all things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUOEcQRmKk
>>
>>26640440
>>26640415
>>26640367

I have done my homework and I know she is single. She seems like a really nice girl too, she has graduate the same time I have and we've been roughly in the same building for a year or so.

I'm quite good looking, funny and I have been on multiple dates before. I just figured I would try a new method of creating a sense of romance this time and because we're both the same age it might gel well.

I'm sure giving a girl a box of chocolates and making her have a special day is not going to kill my chances at reproduction in the next 60 years.
>>
>>26640440
Finally someone who's been laid.

>>26640449
keep on keepin' on, anon!
ride that bitch til you bust

>>26640474
So monday you better do this shit!
>>
>>26640415
>buddy we've been together a long time, married awhile. If she was gonna cheat it'd of been during the bad times
How do you know she didn't? And women don't cheat during bad times, they cheat when they get bored or find a man that is superior to the one she is currently with. Congratulations for keeping her this long, you have either been secretly cucked or you have been manly enough to keep her interested for a long period of time.
>>
>>26640536

What about execution anon. I'm the first person, literally, every morning in our building. Should I leave the box and the note in front of their door?

Any final tips before I do this? To be honest, I see the view of the other anons but if shes the type of girl to get creeped out by a nice gift then shes the type of girl I should bother with.
>>
Just make sure its not destroyed when they open the door
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.