[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else wants to go back in time to ancient Rome or Greece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Who else wants to go back in time to ancient Rome or Greece? Would I be a Chad in these places? I'm 5'9", 150 pounds, with a decent build. I have a good jawline but everything else about my face is average. I have a pale skin complexion with brown hair blue eyes. My ancestors came from Ireland, Wales, England, and Switzerland.

Anyone know if I'd be able to score with something like pic related back in time?
>>
In ancient greece?
They were all homosexual pedos.
So unless you want some old dude tryna get ur boipucci then no
>>
File: romans.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
romans.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1200
>>26634274
Women did not look like that
>>
>>26634274
Maybe. Girl doesn't look Greek though. Maybe Roman, I heard those guys were more fair skinned. Most likely gaelic/germanic though.
>>
>>26634274
lol manlets gtfo
>>
>>26634274
Keep in mind she probably had lice and only bathed once a month. Likely smelled like hot garbage. She also probably had saggy tits at age 25 since bras weren't invented yet.

And if you want to say she was clean and healthy because she's a royalty or princess, she's the product of inbreeding and likely retarded, probably fucked her own uncle/brother at age 8, the age princesses were expected to marry back then.

Hot girls are in the present/future, not the past. Girls didn't really get hot until indoor plumbing became a thing, and the modern standard of beauty didn't really start until the 1920's (before that fucking everyone was a pedo or liked hairy sasquatch man-ladies. Seriously, go read some Victorian era erotica). You go to the past to show people guns and flashlights to trick them into thinking you're God, not for the girls.
>>
>>26634274
OP how old are you?

oregano
>>
you just read the illiad didn't ya
>>
>>26636458
OP here. 18.

>>26636456
I already perfectly understand all that. I just want to know would I be able to attract the highest quality beauties of the classical era based off my physical appearance?

>>26636288
Fine then how would I do with the ancient gaelic/germanic gals?
>>
>>26636488
Why do you ask?

origal comment
>>
>>26636488
I'm not OP, but I thought The Iliad was a shit sandwich. All of the Gods are total dicks, and Helen honestly doesn't sound like someone I'd risk my life for. Hector, as well as most of the Trojans are complete morons, and Agamemnon is a shit hero, who is also a moron and a dick to everyone. He could've just given the slave girls he captured from the temple back and Apollo would've stopped the fucking plague bit NOOOOOO, he just had to keep around a couple girls he wouldn't even fuck just for shits and giggles and let his men die. There s no a single good character that I would root for in that whole shitpile of a story, no good guys at all.

Iliad a shit.
Homer a shit.
Ancient Greece a shit.

Don't even get me started on how much Oedipus Rex pissed me off.
>>
>>26636699
>Agamemnon

he was a total dickhead

I liked Ulisses though
>>
>>26636699
What do you not like about Oedipus Rex? Wouldn't you agree its a tragedy to be modeled after?
>>
>>26636867
Oedipus did nothing to deserve his treatment, Apollo was the one punishing him for no reason at all, and Apollo is supposed to be a nice God, not a sadist. Next there's the fact that he irrationally freaks out after finding out that Jocasta was his Mom and he killed his dad. He still loved her, Antigone didn't turn out retarded like most incest babies, he was totally justified in killing his father, he really had no damn reason to freak out and blind himself. Nothing changed in his life and that information shouldn't have mattered in any way or form. The whole thing was just contrived garbage to fulfill the Tiresias' (I think that was his name, right?) dumb prophecy and assert the dominance of The Gods.

Also, I listened to the musical numbers sung out loud and they sound like shit. But that's beside the point, just another complaint among several.

Sophocles a shit, an even bigger shit than Homer.
>>
>>26637051
>Oedipus did nothing to deserve his treatment
Yes thats why it leaves such an emotional impact on people. Weren't you taught aristotles theory on tragedies back in the 9th grade?

>the fact that he irrationally freaks out after finding out that Jocasta was his Mom
I mean I don't know about you nut I think I'd freak out big time if I found out my wife and mother of my child was actually my mom the whole time.
>>
>>26638478
I wouldn't give a shit. Love is love regardless of gender or relation. Yes, if I fell in love with my mom, I would still try to go out with her. Actually, when I was a kid I kinda wanted to grope my mom. But then again, I'm a freak and a reject posting on /r9k/, what do I know?

As for Aristotle's theory on tragedy, I only feel catharsis if I feel the punishment was justified. I guess I just hate tragedies, then. I'm a sucker for justice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.