[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Origins of Self Esteem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: self esteem.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
self esteem.png
8 KB, 400x400
Self esteem can only come from external sources. It is impossible to generate in a vacuum. By nature, we must compare ourselves to others and be superior in order to feel good:
>intelligence
>looks
>wealth
>creativity
>car
>attractiveness of girlfriend
>race

But also things that normies pretend are separate from other people, and entirely intrinsic
>determination
>dedication
>optimism
>resilience to failure
These all generate self esteem because normies can compare themselves to people like us and feel superior. They may not see it that way, but it's true.

In order to have self-esteem, you MUST be superior to others in some way. That's why we struggle. We are either inferior or have never had our positives communicated to us.
>>
>>26633069
You can substitute other people with other versions of yourself though.
>>
So get ugly girlfriend who tells you you're great and win?
>>
>>26633107
No

>>26633114
You'll know she's ugly and feel inferior to other people.
>>
>>26633174
>you will know she's ugly
Well i'l be fulfilling some of your list though. Given I have nobody to compete with it'd be better than nothing right?
>>
>>26633349
Maybe. If you get enough pros from it, then those should outweigh the negatives.
>>
>>26633523
Worth a try anyway. Unless she turns out to be crazy or really attached. Hard to judge where to aim.
>>
>be smarter than most people
>be better looking than most people
>be poor
>be more creative than most people
>have a car
>tfw no gf
>be white

my self esteem is actually zero or negative values though
perhaps because

>zero determination
>zero dedication
>zero optimism
>zero failure tolerance

anyway, i probably scare people off irl because of how much better i am than them
i am an island of perfection, and this has alienated me
oh well
>>
>>26633069
This is so fucking lame it pisses me off
This is just one big excuse to blame the world instead of yourself just like manlet shit
The bottom portion (the one that counts) does come from within inner strength all you need is the want to change accept yourself and your limitations and improve yourself believe in yourself not what other people say your limitations are this will build self esteem not superficial shit like your saying you don't need to push people down to hold yourself up
>>
>>26634704
>visit self-improvement seminar once
>>
>>26634750
Be a loser then Believe that
Either way it's all up to you
>>
the best way to gain self-esteem is to have how you look validated. Simple as that. I used to be 'smart' but had cystic acne and never felt good about how I looked, now it's gone and people actuallt compliment me and I've never been more confident. It sucks but its how it is
>>
>>26633069
It literally comes from positive experiences--specifically, positive experiences you bring about through your own directed action.

If you can't do that, you won't have self-esteem. You can't meme it into existence. It comes after you do things that work.
>>
>>26635058

Yeah true. But I mean you have to do something well to be proud. And the only way to know you've done something well is to compare yourself to others. You don't need to tell them you're better, you just need to see it yourself.
>>
>>26634998
>do 20 pushups in a row once
>>
>>26634750
>>26635127
Stoooooooohhhhhop
>>
>>26633609
You are very modest
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.