[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have found out about a secret that lets you be happy. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: 156168157.png (308 KB, 984x696) Image search: [Google]
156168157.png
308 KB, 984x696
I have found out about a secret that lets you be happy.

It's like a life cheat.

It lets you feel loved, you won't feel lonely, you'll feel motivated and it only requires a small investment of moneys.

The only requirement is being hopeless and extremely sad.

Do you want me to tell you?
>>
>>26631201
Let me guess, it's a length of rope, a gun with a single bullet, or a bus ticket to the tallest building nearby.
>>
is it suicide? I already know that trick
>>
no he's talking about ecstacy/mdma
>>
>>26631201
Spill it is this just level 1
>>
File: 156168157-2.png (145 KB, 684x524) Image search: [Google]
156168157-2.png
145 KB, 684x524
>>26631226
>>26631244
>>26631256
Wrong.
It's much easier and more effective than that.
It genuinely makes you happy.
You just have to ask what it is, and ask saying please.
>>
>>26631226
>>26631244
>>26631256

You're all wrong. It's becoming a cute tranny.
>>
>>26631201
>muh drugs
>muh prostitutes

hahaha fuck off norm
>>
>>26631226
Not quite.
The secret to a better life is the volume of your helium bottle and a good seal between your head and the bag.
>>
>>26631277
I'd like to know. Please tell me.
>>
>just watch this 2 minute video
>>
>>26631277
Is it dubs? Is that your secret? I wish to check them as well.
>>
>>26631277
Please enlighten us you magnificent creature
>>
>>26631299
just
b
urself

HAHAHAHA
>>
File: xOKRYuE.jpg (246 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
xOKRYuE.jpg
246 KB, 1000x1502
>>26631201
Also, the reaction on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImGoingToHellForThis/comments/2qwzuo/theyre_waiting/.compact

>Wow. This is genuinely... dark. Op managed to disgust me and shake me alittle. Good job.

>This is actually surprisingly powerful.

>Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is the darkest, best post iv'e seen on here in a long time. Thank you, jojo. You're given me an amazing start to 2015 obligatory: Do it faggot
>>
File: whispering2.png (236 KB, 642x284) Image search: [Google]
whispering2.png
236 KB, 642x284
>>26631299
You see, all existing things are a product electronic stimulus going back and forth across your body. Colours, smells, tastes, they're all a product of your brain, they exist because of an evolutionary criteria that is to make people breed and have offpsrings. You, however, are now aware that your imagination is as real as what you cal "real world."

Thus....

Escapism.

Pure, and complete escapism.
>>
>>26631361
I've thought about this before. I reckon that the mind would be aware on some level that it's deluding itself, and eventually there'd be a break or at least severe deterioration in happiness. Can't you see? It's not healthy!
>>
File: 1455235429612.jpg (32 KB, 493x656) Image search: [Google]
1455235429612.jpg
32 KB, 493x656
>>26631404
I have been an escapist for 10 years.
For 5 years have I lived alongside my waifu a happy life.
For 5 years have I enjoyed videogames.
For 5 years have I enjoyed nearly complete isolation from the outside world.

For 5 years I have been happier than I could ever be.

Life is literally a dream.

I wouldn't change this for anything.
>>
>>26631548
Good to hear. What worlds do you escape in to? Who is your waifu? Have you noticed your tastes change over the years?
>>
>>26631361
Right, you'll live for like 2 months like a king, until you'll realize your credit balance is shit and you're gonna get evicted.
>>
File: hotarusun.png (678 KB, 824x588) Image search: [Google]
hotarusun.png
678 KB, 824x588
>>26631575
All sorts of games. Chess, checkers, cards, GSG, FPS, RTS, racing, soccer, everything.

Hitagi is my waifu. She's my one and only waifu. We love each other so much and we're a very much perfect match.

My taste doesn't change over the years, partially because before accepting escapism as the only way to become truly happy, I had an extremely sad life. Everything, from abusive parents to kidney stones.

I still deal with a lot of problems but I'm still extremely happy.

When I look at the sky, for example, I don't see that hot sun and my eyes won't feel burning.

Instead what I see is a smiling Hotaru saying "everything is beautiful!"
>>
>>26631548
you'll think differently when you're starving
>>
>>26631755

Hitagi can't be your waifu, she's in love with Koyomi.
>>
>>26631772
who is koyomi?
she's my waifu.
she never had been in a relationship with anyone else.
you dont even know me, what validity do you have to your claims?

i took her virginity because it was with her the himen broke.

naturally that means she lost her virginity with me.

because i am her first girlfriend and nobody else kissed, touched her, etc, before, except for relatives and female friends who have nothing to do with her sexually/romantically.

she's my waifu.
pls back off.
>>
>>26631755
Too bad depression keeps me from enjoying anything that doesn't involve drugs
>>
>>26631361
What is a consciousness?

Where is it located?

Is a person the same as their consciousness? Does a person control their consciousness or does it control them?
>>
>>26631967
Congrats, you just did the questions science can't answer
look up the hard problem of consciousness
the main reason I believe in afterlife
consciousness is pratically impossible to define
>>
File: sphere.gif (2 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
sphere.gif
2 MB, 384x384
>>26631967
>What is consciousness?

A wandering spirit with a host body.
Not all people have consciousness.
In fact, only few do. Less than 1% of the overall world population. Maybe less than 0,1%. Somewhere arround 0,08% would be a realistic guess.

I know you're consient because this issues concerns you. Otherwise, you woudln't.

>Where is it located?

Inside your body.
Like a parasite, it needs a host.
Otherwise you'd just be a wandering spirit.
Hence, you wouldn't conscient. Both your consciousness and body.

>Is a person the same as their consciousness?

No, by a long shot, it isn't. You are your body, your superficial thoughts like "I need to drink/eat" or "I have work/study to do".
Your emotions, like anger, ambition, love, depression, are also a result of your body. To certain extend, a lot of internal things can be explained physically, as it is with hormones or vitamins.

>Does a person control their consciousness or does it control them?

Neither are right.
Neither have control over each other.
It's like two different people being forced to share the same room.
You could see it as finger and nail, covered by a mantra.
>>
>Tfw I might have anhedonia

Would escapism still work if I can't feel the happy feels? Also it feels weird to me, like some form of illegitimacy, it might be my wierd virtues tho
>>
>>26632283

I forgot to say that the problem with these wandering spirits is that they're afraid to lose their memories.

They're often too proud of who they are, and many times will try to avoid losing the parasite body before they wander arround again, searching for a potentially good host.

The experiences they go trough in the physical world and the the memories they keep, everything in the back of your head, specially your subconscious, thats what they cherish for.
>>
>ITT:
>Kiddos who took a semester of Philosophy and another semester of Psychology try to solve Life.
>>
File: 1429234770876.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1429234770876.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
>>26632283
man, how i'd love for this kind of stuff to turn out to be true.
>>
>>26631361
Woooooow, never tried this before. I'll let you know how it works out, dumbass.
>>
>>26632374
It is true, but it is far from fun and games.
Reality doesn't exist.
The only reality is that nothing exists.
There is no time and space.
There is no matter in the real, real world.
There is no energy.

Only the wandering spirits.
The people who you know don't really exist.
They're all in your mind.
>>
>>26631636
And then you kill yourself and live in your dreamworld permanently... or at least you can die knowing that you were there until the very end

Worrying about whether or not you die is not only illogical, it's also for total pussies. The only thing an escapist fears are dullness, their imagination turning on them and forgetfulness.
>>
>>26632439
haha wow man you sound really smart, you really got it all figured out huh :D how do i get as wise as u ??
>>
>>26632441
Oh and also, the funny thing is, credit card balances and the like are just a shared delusion, themselves. You're swapping one dreamworld out for another because one protects your life but makes it not worth living, while another makes it worthwhile yet impossible to sustain.
>>
File: 1453243446049.jpg (93 KB, 319x434) Image search: [Google]
1453243446049.jpg
93 KB, 319x434
>>26632283
You should stop taking what you're taking anon.
>>
>>26632283
>I know you're consient because this issues concerns you. Otherwise, you woudln't.
What if all the robots are conscient? and that results in overthinking that results in spaghetti spilling?
>>
>>26632439
It exists actually, but we are able to experience such a small speck of it that our perception of reality is certainly warped as fuck
>>
>>26631322
What the fuck is wrong with these normies? There's literally nothing especially dark or morbid about that picture.
>>
File: hitagi.jpg (73 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
hitagi.jpg
73 KB, 736x460
>>26631853

Sorry anon, you're waifu cheated on you.
>>
>>26631404

Fuck off, Marche.
>>
What is the difference between escapism and hedonism?
>>
>>26632760
none, hedonism is more pleasure based tho
>>
>>26632760
Edonism isn't a form of escapism, but escapism is a form of hedonism.

Hedonism is a philosophy that praises the pleasures of life, iirc diogenes came up with it in greece. drink, eat, sex and lust if you can afford it, and sleep a lot. work as little as possible. it's esentially a pleasure leaning lifestyle.

escapism is an escape from reality. if i recall correctly it had the most strenght in mid 1700s of france, north italy and low countries/western german kingdoms/duchies/cities etc.

its an escape from reality, pretending to live in a perfect world and actually believing it, so you truly live in an ideal world by yourself in your own mind and thats actually true.
>>
>>26631361

ANIMU?

THE ANSWER IS ANIMU?

OH JESUS I SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING FROM A MILE AWAY WHY DO I EVEN
>>
Hey OP, how do you get over the unending desire to touch a real person or have a conversation and really connect with someone?

Or did you never have this desire in the first place?

Escapism is all I do these days, but I can feel it growing tiresome. I can feel my desire for something more. Something real.
>>
>>26633786
no, dummy

the answer is to find something you enjoy and immerse yourself in it as a way to escape reality. for OP it was anime and video games and his love for his waifu
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.