[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's possible we're living in a computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x519
Do you think it's possible we're living in a computer simulation? I've been studying this lately and it's more plausible than I initially thought.
>>
yes

originaru commento desu ne
>>
>>26627193

Very possibly, but it really does not matter.
>>
What evidence do you have?
>>
No, you would need a computer of infinite mass to be able to calculate imaginary numbers
>>
>>26627228
I don't have any argument, I've just read some articles that have presented compelling arguments. Here's a good one.

http://news.discovery.com/space/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation-2-121216.htm
>>
haven't you noticed that once in awhile, someone's voice will sound slightly off, or something you "misplaced" will mysteriously be in a spot you checked the second time you check it, or a tree or building or something will be the wrong color when you catch a glimpse of it? those are just minor errors and incongruencies in the simulation

t. schizophrenia
>>
>>26627193
with all the quantum physics wombo-jombo like entangled particles I'd really be amazed if someone proved we're not living in a simulation.
>>
File: 1373667496947.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1373667496947.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>26627305

Made me kek hard, 10/10
>>
Imagine though. All of us are in a government simulation, and once we "wake up" they will assign us a job based on our past life in the simulation
>>
Very possible. If this is a simulation though, I don't think we were the intention, but the byproduct. At this point in time at least, we are unnoticed by creator, until we do something that somehow affects a large portion of whatever scope we exist in. If this universe is all that existed in this simulation, then let's say, affecting 10% might get it noticed.

There are probably other alien civilisations that are way more noteworthy, that creator would be interested in. Of course, this is assuming creator created simulation in order to inspect what life arises. It's possible that creator created this simulation to study something totally irrelevant to life. Maybe just testing to see what different laws of physics will result in. Perfectly possible that life is totally mundane, and there are other, totally inconceivable things that arise.

It's possible.
>>
>>26627469
You are so fucking retarded. You raelly think the gubment would create an entire universe just to see what job best fits you? Why not build robots to do the work? Why not perform some kind of brain analysis or test to see what job best befits you? Oh no, it's much better to create an ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE JUST TO SEE WHO WOULD MAKE THE BEST FUCKING MCDONALD'S MANAGER. Go see a doctor, you're probably schizo.
>>
I don't think so
If we are simulated why would we have qualia?
AIs can't think out of the box
>>
>>26627661

You have no idea what the real universe in that scenario would be like fuccboi
>>
>>26627799
Assuming you're the guy I replied to, I cannot be 100% sure but I can guaranfuckingtee you that the simulation would not have been created by the fucking government of all things. Assuming you ignored my previous argument, I'll reiterate for you. If you have the technology to create something akin to our universe, you would not use it as a means of assigning its constituents jobs that best befit them in the real universe. That is quite obviously a gross misuse of technology; it would be much more simpler and accurate to use literally any other strategy to accomplish this goal. Think of people in Africa you are fucking poor as shit - how the fuck does putting them in that place help you determine what job they would be most productive in? Everyone would be born on equal footing if our life really was just a test. You sound like one of those schizos who just failed at life and needs something to fall back on and someone to blame (the gubment is behind everything!!! This isn't my real lyfe so it doesn't matter if I fail xDDD)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.