[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mentally ill people will never realize that their suicidal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 1391107054837.png (26 KB, 190x194) Image search: [Google]
1391107054837.png
26 KB, 190x194
>Mentally ill people will never realize that their suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, and/or depression are not caused by them.

It's literally problems with the synapses in your brain. It literally is all about molecules and chemical reactions. You're not actually a dark person, your synapses are just not connecting right.
>>
That doesn't make me feel any better though. It just makes me feel more helpless and fucked up.
>>
>>26626604
>I've never suffered anything rough in life
>it's been an easy life and I still live like a child who hasn't suffered any form of mental illness
>therefore it must not exist

This is what you basically are saying, this is the same shit I used to say in grade 1 and I didn't care about anything, just let that sink in you autistic moron
>>
>>26626604
I think most mentally ill people adhere to the belief that there's something physiologically wrong with their brains.

I still think they're fucked up because they're not trying deal with their issues and it results in psychological problems
>>
>>26626618
this. everyone always brings up this fact when discussion depression as if i dont know this. it doesnt invalidate my feelings. also since thats true i like to point out all their positive feelings are just as arbitrary as my negative ones.
>>
You are your brain. If your brain is fucked, you're fucked. You might as well say that a murderer didn't really do anything wrong because it was his brain that made him do it.
>>
File: 1453563875364.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1453563875364.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>26626604
>he doesn't know about the interaction of his body, hormones, brain and the ambient

KEK
>>
>>26626730
this, seriously.

"you're absolutely okay anon its just ur brain is sick." like fuck no you are your brain and you're just a piece of shit
>>
>>26626697
Lol what a load of bullshit you've obviously never had any mental illnesses, some are literally uncontrollable like add/adhd, where you can't even meditate because your brain is constantly derailing your concentration.
>>
>>26626604

They realize it but it doesn't make it dissappear so it doesn't really help
>>
>>26626604
that's the most tumblry safe space shit i've ever read. for all the shit you guys give tumblr you're pretty much one and the same
>>
File: 1449072353318.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1449072353318.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>26626604
>He thinks he's chemicals
What is a chemical? What does one look like? What does one smell like? Taste like? Sound like?

You propose that you are an idea. Surely you must imagine something when you say, "I am chemicals"? You imagine vaguely sciencey images, on a tiny level. But your images of chemicals are illusions, no more real than the concept you have of yourself.

The truth is far darker, my friends. For this universe conspires against you. It seduces you with your senses, teasing you with sight, sound, smell, touch. When you grew older you realized that all your sensations are inside your skull, which you now realize is impossible to prove even exists. And so you stopped there, imagining your world to be a lie. But something much more horrifying awaits you.

In all your days you never stopped to consider the final lie this world has made you swallow, eagerly grasping at in your delusions of logical rigor. For your beloved science cannot even prove that consciousness exists. We are all mountains of flesh, gibbering and writhing in strange and unknowable rituals the world seeks to make us believe is our normal, daily life. Life is meaningless, and meaning itself is an impossible and insane pretension.

You do not exist. "I think, therefore I am!" you gasp. The words melt into your mouth, they are mere vocalizations, the sounds of a flesh puppet unhinged. The words in your mind are not yours, and you realize this very well. They may be the last twitches of a dying god, or a cosmic accident, or the result of your precious "chemicals" whose form and purpose you have no account of.

Every day you look in the mirror and see a plastic face, with nothing and noone behind it.
>>
So will repairing my brain synapses fix my weak jaw, acne, yellow teeth, pale skin, gyno, botched circumcision, and social anxiety? Didn't think so.
>>
thats like saying youre not actually an amputee because its just your arm thats missing. thats right, its doesnt make sense.
a person is its brain, if there is something wrong with your brain there is something wrong with your person.
>>
>>26626604
>It's literally problems with the synapses in your brain. It literally is all about molecules and chemical reactions. You're not actually a dark person, your synapses are just not connecting right.

implying there is more to you than just the connections in your brain

implying there's a soul or deeper self behind that

trying to boost your self-esteem by deluding yourself and pretending your shitty brain isn't you
>>
>>26628643
didnt know those were mental illness
retard
>>
You're right, my schizophrenia is just a genetic fuck up. That doesn't make it any less terrifying, or make the voices go away or help me at all. Really, it's just another reason to kill myself.
>>
>>26628360
7/10 a bit too long.
>>
>>26626604
>he believes the synapses meme
>>
>>26626604

neural wiring is a conscious process, you can CHOOSE how to associate your thoughts and thought processes.
>>
>>26628360

well put, but the realization of no-self is more of a relief than anything scary after a time
>>
>>26628774
You're the retard, the implication wasn't that those were mental illnesses, the implication was that maybe I'm not unhappy because of my fucked up brain chemistry, maybe I'm unhappy because I'm a hopeless wreck?
>>
>>26626604
It has nothing to do with that, you all are just lazy bums. If think making up excuses is going to help you, you might as well turn on the oven on full blast without the pilot lit, put your head in, and light a match.
>>
File: just_world.jpg (25 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
just_world.jpg
25 KB, 600x385
>>26629035
Just world the post. If something bad happens to you, you deserved it.

Retarded normies never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>26629147
I think for many anons problem is actually being lazy. But point is, lots of us got dealt a shit hand and we are expected to work our assess off to get stuff that Chads get just by existing. Not wanting to do that makes us lazy in the eyes of society, but it makes sense really. Why work hard for something that many people get easily? That's as humiliating as it gets. Only a retard would do it.
>>
>Physically ill people will never realize that their chronic pain, sickness and/or death are not caused by them

This is how you sound, anon.
>>
Depression runs in my family. My grandmother had it, my mother had it, now I have it. Plus anxiety.

I know it's irrational but I hate not being able to control it. Doesn't help that I have literally no friends, never had a partner to support me, or any professional help on hand.

I have a few physical problems too which I keep secret but would probably put any girl off in a relationship. 99% sure I'll die a lonely virgin.
>>
File: reptilian jew demon.jpg (84 KB, 483x534) Image search: [Google]
reptilian jew demon.jpg
84 KB, 483x534
>>26626604
>implying mental illness isn't caused by alien jews, aka demons, controlling weak-willed people
>>
>>26629045
It's been a few months and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's fucking weird. And you can't talk about it cuz you'd go straight to the looney bin
>>
>>26629421

It's great to meditate on to get your head straight. I like to dissociate myself from the ego during good sessions. Anything like tastes, hobbies, opinions, should be shed like endless layers. Any time you form an opinion, it's really just your ego deluding itself into thinking it has substance.

Once you get to that place of no-self, feel that peace. Not happiness or sadness, just be. The only truth you know is consciousness in the present moment. Anything else, be it sensations, memories, the past, the present -- it's all pure speculation.

Once you're done, just slip right back into your ego so that you can operate in the real world. It's really the only practical thing to do. Despite not fully knowing anything, I've decided I just have to make assumptions to make it easier. Namely, believing in time (past/future), and believing in natural laws and well-supported science. It's a lot more pleasant being inside your ego once "you've" been out of it.

>inb4 fuck off to >>>/x/
>>
>>26629679
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9UjtTDbABU
>>
I wish I could be a kid again, I've felt indifferent to everyone and everything in this world since the age of 18. The only place I can come close to some form of happiness is the local barista bar. Any1 else have this feel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY
Song Related
>>
>>26626604
>It's literally problems with the synapses in your brain. It literally is all about molecules and chemical reactions. You're not actually a dark person, your synapses are just not connecting right.
materialist reductionism is retarded
>>
>>26626604
>"you're the cause of your unhappiness, every thing bad about your life is your own fault, what do you think about that?"-normies

It's my fault the top 1% decided to crash the economy to make even more money

My fault i was sexually abused as a child

My fault the industry i was at university for and got my degree in collapsed within 6 months of me getting the degree in something practical

my fault unemployment is almost 30%

my fault my car had an electrical fault and died yesterday
>>
>le chemical imbalances meme

https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2013/10/18/mental_illness_is_chemical_imbalance_theory_a_myth.html
>>
File: StuckInALoop.png (61 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
StuckInALoop.png
61 KB, 600x400
ITT: Depression

I'm 19 years old, have had 2 lovers, have a grand amount of friends and am in a students club. Currently doing my second year at University (Eurofag here) and I am failing, just like last year.
No purpose in life, trying to drown my sorrows whenever I can go out, stuck at home staring at my books all day. Everyone in my familiy is concerned about me.
I just feel like I have no purpose, no goal in life.

Can some1 relate?
>>
File: 1455043573956.png (167 KB, 497x281) Image search: [Google]
1455043573956.png
167 KB, 497x281
>>26626604
No shit, that's why I take my medication and don't trust my delusions and paranoia.

But of course my extremely abusive childhood, years of hardship as an adult, extreme suffering due to mental illness and all of the bullshit I've endured has absolutely no effect whatsoever on my cognitive processes or the way I perceive the world. No sir, it's 100% not the fault of anything I do or am influenced by, it's just all in my head!
>>
>>26630682
greek?

that fucking sucks
>>
Anon u have full understanding that that's the most likely possibility. That said it doesn't particularly help me to know that. I need a way out.
>>
>>26631771
>i autocorrect to u
Fuck that.
>>
>>26630756
>have had 2 lovers by 19
>can some1 relate

Either you're incredibly ignorant or you're just baiting.

19 year old too. I'm going to be 30,000 pounds+ in debt at the end of this and I'm fucking wasting it being miserable
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.