[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: mysteries abound and such.jpg (83 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
mysteries abound and such.jpg
83 KB, 640x406
>tfw 27
>tfw missed out on adventures in undiscovered ancient cities
>tfw missed out on being a talented young apprentice of an archaic master fighter and learning the deadliest strikes
>tfw missed out on friendship based on going through hell together
>tfw missed out on fights to the death with ancient warriors while young
>tfw missed out on adrenaline-based eternal young love with a teen qt because you'll always remember your most exciting adventure together so you'll always be her Chad

Why live...
>>
Write a book about it
>>
You can always go to war. And, you'll definitely have friendships based on the shitty times you'll have. But, you have to chose adventure, not mediocrity.

That being said, a famous quote goes "Adventure is simply someone else having a shitty time someplace far away."
>>
File: 1453461090912.jpg (257 KB, 960x870) Image search: [Google]
1453461090912.jpg
257 KB, 960x870
>>26626255
I know that feel,pretty much just holding on the autistic wish that I'd conveniently get offered to go to some fantasy based place where I can live out these dreams with relative ease.
>>
>>26626255
Join the French Foreign Legion
>Learn a new language
>Possibly gain French/EU citizenship
>Be a soldier for another country
>HIGHLY likely to deploy to some African shithole and shoot dindu rebels
>Meet people from all over the world
That's if you get accepted, which is a low chance. Still, give it a shot. One of the few adventures left out there.
>>
>>26627244
Adventures aren't usually convenient or done in relative ease. Maybe you actually don't want an adventure, you just want something fun to occupy your time.
>>
>>26627244
Dreams are better than reality, who can dispute this?
>>
>>26627313
more like
>clean toilets all day
>sit around all day
>get deployed and cleand toilets and sit around all day
world is boring these days
>>
File: Swordsman.jpg (122 KB, 800x714) Image search: [Google]
Swordsman.jpg
122 KB, 800x714
>>26628069
Not just that, but modern firearm-based combat looks boring as fuck. Especially since there's no real "adventure", it's just shooting bullets until your team wins or you get shot in the head. Yeah I realize it's different when the adrenaline kicks in, but the surroundings are boring, the people are normal, and the methods are conventional. I want some fantasy-tier walking through a big beautiful jungle and slitting people's throat after mastering some ninja art from my deceased master of masters who I'm seeking revenge for. Or something like that. Something that isn't so modern and neurotically "grown-up" to do.

>inb4 edgy
Yeah I am. Fucking sue me.
>>
File: Tips.jpg (59 KB, 494x481) Image search: [Google]
Tips.jpg
59 KB, 494x481
>>26628276
ankhny tailbar
>>
>>26629529
I don't know what that combination of those particular letters means.
>>
>>26626313
Ok how do I start if my English is shit and my native language is even worse?
>>
>>26626255
Motherfucker, all the wushu garbage is bullshit. You want to learn to be a deadly fighter then go train with professionals.
>>
>>26626255
I just want a classic final fantasy adventure
>>
>>26626255

Basically all that and more is accessible to you easier than ever. You're just a weak, whiny, unimaginative person, and I suspect you always will be.
>>
>>26631049
FF7 new release soon my friend
>>
>>26626255
Yea but you sure didnt miss out on shitposting.

>2016
>Still mad about modernity
>huehuehue
>>
>>26631117
How? By playing MMORPGs? Get the fuck out of here, Kirito.

>>26631049
>>26632334
>tfw never played FF

>>26632391
>mad about modernity
I'm mad about the lack of fantasy.
>>
>>26626255
>born just in time to create any adventure you want in your head using drugs and psychological manipulation techniques ("meditation") combined with the vast wealth of information at your fingertips to draw inspiration from
>>
>>26626255
You are a retard, even ancient warfare was highly regulated you piece of shit
You are 27 years old, fucking 27 you get a free pass to bitch about not going to hogward when you are 13, heck even at 25 it's already wierd
But no you are 27d what the fuck do you have to show for yourself?
>>
File: 1364256776034.png (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1364256776034.png
16 KB, 633x758
>tfw living in a fantasy land, joining the Adventurers Guild, doing quests about killing monsters, getting exp, leveling up, exploring gigantic dungeons filled with treasure, traveling with your party of cute girls who may or may not want your dick

Living in this world is hell

HELL I SAY
>>
>>26633065
And I meant 15 not 25 let it sink in, just savour the fact that my hugely exaggerated fuckup it's still younger than you
>>
>>26633087
>look at me I'm such a grownup xDDD I have a boring mind-numbing job but at least I'm servicing society :DDD after all I am a man with value and integrity!!! so grow up and man up and be like I am or else you're a disgrace!!
>>
>>26626255
Let me describe your fantasy to you
Live a full life, reach adulthood at 12 years old
By this point of course I have been working the most soul crushing job you can imagine from sun rise to sun down 6 years
Get ripped away from the only life I know to go to war for someone I don't even know the name of
Literally don't know how to read or fight, first time holding a weapon, no armour unless I can steal it from a dead body
Too sick to even sleep most nights
Walk every day until my blisters have blisters
I have seen the lucky die in their sleep
Finally reach the battleground
Before I can even realize I have to draw my sword a man encased in metal comes towards me on top of a horse
He kills me in one swing
I lay there knowing nobody will ever remember my name
Last thing I see is another warrior taking my boots
>>
>>26633183
I'm a fucking neet you retard I'm learning to draw to make my own stories like an adult should
Look at the way you talk and express yourself, did you get disconnected from reality at the age of 12? Did you get bullyed and beaten so bad your frontal lobe got smashed and your development frozen in time?
>>
>>26633236
Did you read the OP? The complaint is that a fantasy world is missing, not some kind of flashback into B.C. society.

>>26633286
So what's your point? That it's "embarrassing" behavior? What does that even mean? Nigga I don't like life so I bitch about it on a frogposting board. What's wrong with you.
>>
>>26626255
>>tfw missed out on being a talented young apprentice of an archaic master fighter and learning the deadliest strikes

Don't flatter yourself. You would've been flogged every day for your incompetence and eventually sent to work in the kitchens or the field.
>>
>>26633915
A man can dream, can he not [original]
>>
>>26626255

>implying in another time and place you would have done any of that
>implying you wouldn't have been the uneducated son of a wheat grinder
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.