[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Become best friends with a really lovely girl >Help her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Critical Whale.png (184 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
Critical Whale.png
184 KB, 500x255
>Become best friends with a really lovely girl
>Help her out with a lot of her problems, not because I want to fuck her but because it's the right thing to do
>She helps me with my problems too, genuinely very constructive, nice friendship
>We spend a lot of time together, practically every weekend
>Go out to eat all the time, hang out, stuff like that
>Despite starting out just happy to have made a really sweet friend, start to develop feelings for her
>Before I ever even had the chance to DEVELOP those feelings however, she told me a story about another friend of hers
>True robot, started off as her friend, but started making extremely inappropriate sexual advances towards her, which she always consistently rejected
>One night when he was over, she fell asleep on him (due to overworking herself at collage) and he snuck up on her and cuddled her in her sleep, even though she had told him again and again that she had no interest in her
>She of course woke up and told him to leave her flat
>Eventually this kind of shit became too much to deal with, and she cut him off
>Knowing this story, I am far too afraid to potentially ask her on a date, for fear of looking like this borderline obsessive autist
>But she's literally the sweetest being I have ever met in my life, and I do have feelings for her

What do, robots? Was this guys autism the reason he failed? I didn't tell nearly half of his autistic stalker stories, so is it possible that if I asked her out, it would end differently? Is it a bad idea because we're such close friends? I don't really believe in the friendzone, but risking losing basically my closest friend just to get a chance at dating her seems too risky. What do?
>>
>>26625338
It will certainly not work as a friendship for you.

So ask her out. Worst case you lost a friend but that's still better than watching the person you love get fucked by chads.
>>
>>26625338
>sexual advances
>cuddling

Fucking bitch desu.
>>
>>26625338
I'd say to tough it out. I was in a somewhat similar situation but I eventually got over my feelings and it feels damn good.
>>
>>26625452
It was worse than that, that was just one of many autistic stories.
>>26625389
I really value our friendship in all honesty. Losing her as a friend doesn't seem worth it to me. Is there any way I can test the waters? See if asking her out would be safe?
>>
>>26625338
If she is keen on you she's keen on you. You'll have a wonderful future together.

If she's not keen on you, she's not keen on you. It's not gonna happen.

Simple as that. Keeping yourself in this state of limbo is only going to hurt you.
>>
>>26625499
your normie a shit
other than that, you basically gave us the solution.
tell her you're starting to develop feelings for her and ask her if that's okay on her part

your predecessor failed this last part
>>
>I don't really believe in the friendzone
You better start to, because you're in one.
>>
>>26625338
Just ask her out, tell her you think she's sweet and a genuinely nice person. You'll regret it if you don't, asking yourself what could have been.
>>
>>26625568
Honestly I had considered this point. The first thing this guy did to let her know he liked her was basically tell her (while she was still dating another man, mind you) That if he ever "broke her heart" He'd be there to date her if she wanted. The next thing was pathetically ask if they "ever had a chance" once she broke up with her now ex. So being honest, I would have to try pretty fucking hard to fail as spectacularly as he did, but still, I find myself very nervous about it all.
>>
>>26625589
Even assuming it's real, I don't see why it's a bad thing. I mean friendship is a very important thing to me, so my romantic feelings notwithstanding, I am very happy to be in the friendship I currently am in with her.
>>
>>26625338

Do it op. If you didn't make extreme sexual advances you should be fine.
>>
>>26625726
I also thought about this. I just don't know if the reason this guy fucked up was because he's maximum tardmode, or if I am just as likely to fuck up.
>>
>>26625703

You say that now. Personally, I've said this to myself a few times and I've always regretted it intensely afterwards. If you think something romantic will blossom naturally out of this, in 99.9% of cases, you are wrong.

The sooner you confess how you feel, the better.
>>
>>26625338
Paradoxspace is trash and you should feel bad
>>
>>26625911
Dubs has caught me. Sorry /r9k/
>>
Tbh if she was willing to give him lots of chances after he was repeatedly inappropriate and sexual, im sure you asking her out once or admitting your feelings wont ruin your friendship.

I guess just dont be an asshole about it. if you have anyone you can ask who you think wont go and tell her about it (like a mutual friend), you could ask them about whether she likes you that way/you would have a chance.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.