[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else fantasize about just leaving and starting fresh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Ala_Mhigo_FFXIV_Art_4.jpg (203 KB, 612x437) Image search: [Google]
Ala_Mhigo_FFXIV_Art_4.jpg
203 KB, 612x437
anyone else fantasize about just leaving and starting fresh?
I hate myself and my life. I'm this close to accepting a job in London, changing my name and cutting all ties
>>
>>26624972
why don't you?
the only thing keeping me here is my girlfriend. i love her but i'm so unhappy here
>>
>>26624935
It's more difficult than you think. You'd have to make friends all over, and without any family you'd have no one to lean on if things became tough.

Depends what job in London it is. There really is no place for low wage earners in London, unless you want to commute in i.e spend half your spare time on a train or in a car.
>>
>>26625115
I don't have any family or friends anyway.
The job is video game concept art which is pretty interesting I guess and not that low pay, looking at around 22k. I've never lived anywhere in London though
>>
I've done it, meng, sometimes it feels great.

But, there will be some regrets about what you've left behind. So you must accept that and take control of your new environment to make your new life what you want it to be.

Also, don't spend much time talking with other people from your old life, it connects you to the old ways in unhealthy ways. Always be looking for the new thing.
>>
>>26624935
How the fuck do you get a job in London? I'll come with you if it's possible. We can be flatmates.
>>
>>26625773
why'd you do it?
and yeah, i'd go total fresh start. cut out everything
>>
Sounds nice but I have no qualifications and am poor, so it's basically impossible to leave.
>>
>>26625137
London is pretty terrible to live in, but great for rich tourists to waste money in
I've lived here my whole life, in fact am feeling similar to you in that I just want to leave everyone I know and completely start anew
I'm getting an estate agent to have my place valued soon in fact
>>
I did that. Went to work at Paris. If you can't make friends at home what makes you think you will do in another place? I was the same thing for me but in another city. If you're beta in one place you will be in another place and on top of that you will be alone without your family. Make a change at home before moving out.
>>
Getting a job and a place to live somewhere far away is literally my dream. I want it more than anything but it's not possible.
>>
>>26625804
So, I didn't totally cut ALL ties but moved far enough away where i'm not easily visited. So, in this instamatic type world, that's enough for people to not bother contacting you all that much.

Why? It was a confluence of different things. The area I was at was getting really expensive, work was getting fucked up since the company wasn't doing well, and I was seeing my friends less and less because they also felt the pressure to keep working way too hard. Basically, not happy with anything.

So, when the rumors of job layoffs started, I took time off of work to scout out a couple of areas. Then, when the layoff actually came, I took my severance, cashed out my house and moved. The new place is much cheaper and I'm NEETing it up for a bit on my savings.
>>
>>26625833
I see
If you're gonna move, I'm from Newcastle I'd say come here it's pretty good.
>compact but busy and interesting city
>cheap accommodation compared to london
>incredible countryside a few miles north
>pretty white as far as cities go

>>26625838
It's not about making friends, I'm not at all interested in that. In fact it's more to do with cutting off contact with others
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.