[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1433073851279.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1433073851279.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
> bro just make your own meaning!
>>
That statement is true to an extent
Regardless of the inherent meaninglessness of our lives, we can fill that void.
At least, if you are a NORMIE.
See, normies fill that void with parties, relationships, sex, fun, family, and all that good stuff that comes with being normal.
Robots however, have very little to fill that void in.
So next time someone says this to you, say this back.
>>
>>26624603
You have three options. 1, make your own meaning. 2, accept that there is no meaning to life and live despite that. 3, kill yourself. It's not that big of a deal.
>>26624759
>So next time someone says this to you, say this back.
Even that part?
>>
>>26624803
>Even that part?
I'll give you three guesses
>>
>>26624759
> normies fill that void
they just distract themselves from it
>>
>>26624838
Normies would call it "filling it", but what you say is true
>>
File: Normies YOLO.png (377 KB, 611x578) Image search: [Google]
Normies YOLO.png
377 KB, 611x578
>>26624759
>>26624838
>they just distract themselves from it
This. Don't be jealous, op. They're purposely making themselves retarded. Embrace the pain, for it is knowledge. Ignorance may be bliss, but bliss should not be your goal in life.
>>
>hahah dude you are a nihilist? Le so edgy!!!!
If only you understood
>>
>>26624918
>bliss should not be your goal in life
Should it not? Surely your goal in life is to live happily?
>>
File: 1424490579489.jpg (90 KB, 572x640) Image search: [Google]
1424490579489.jpg
90 KB, 572x640
>>26624918
just more cognitive dissonance. there's no measure of value to compare feels/events, so knowledge of any goal is equally ______
>>
>>26624957
I think what you mean is "no objective measure"
We all measure events differently
For example, a robot would value a part much lower than a normie would.
>>
>>26624940
>Surely your goal in life is to live happily?
Not at the expense of consciously experiencing such happiness. Normies are braindead, if you want to be one of them, get shitfaced 24/7 and constantly be blacked out. No matter how much fun you had during that time, it will be meaningless.
>>
>>26625065
Everything is inherently meaningless
Better to live a happy meaningless life than a sad one
>>
Meaning is meaningless. Just do shit. or dont.
>>
>>26625107
If everything is inherently meaningless, then so are happiness and sadness.
>>
>>26625016
> We all measure events differently
whats your point
>>
File: 1432193063088.jpg (110 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1432193063088.jpg
110 KB, 950x534
>>26625122
OP here. this is my point.
>>
>>26625163
Then kill yourself and get it over with.
>>
Being a nihilist is pointless and doesn't change anything, but trying not to be a nihilist is pointless and doesn't really change anything, so there is really no way out.
>>
>>26625122
Ignorance is bliss
I would rather take the blue pill and die happy having deluded myself that my life was meaningful
>>
>>26625178
my programming doesn't allow me. and it would be equally meaningless
>>
>>26625254
Then shut the fuck up and wait to die like everyone else.
>>
>>26625315
why are you mad tho
>>
nihilism is fun to read about, but i think identifying as a nihilist is lazy/a shortcut to avoid considering other philosophies (in most people that ive met, at least)
>>
>>26625747
Actually, nihilism is what I come to after considering other "isms".
>>
>>26624603

Nihilism was rampent in college educated single males in Russia before 1917

read Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev, or at least the wiki version
>>
>>26626283
it's too bad that nihilism has been completely bastardized by high school edgelords
>>
>>26624603

Went through a nihilist phase. Became more Christian because of it. Religion helps.
>>
>>26625747
I don't know,i habe always been pretty extremist with my ideas, thinking i was right and frowning upon those who didn't(only in my mind always believed in letting others believe what thy wanted), i always thought that the basis of everything had to be rational, but at a certain point i hit the wall of nihilism. You might know of the ineherent fallacy of sillogism which can't be overcome. Since nothing is really true or sure, i lost my drive for an ideology. Yes you can find a philosophy which works for you, but that's not what i am looking for, i want THE TRUTH, and i sincerely believe i can't get it, so i just do nothing.(eventhough i hate it)
>>
>>26626416
how did you become more of a christian because of nihilism? nietzsche wrote all about how christianity is like the fox and the grapes. cant have sex? we'll value "purity." weak and submissive? more like "obedient."
sklavenmoral, dog
>>
>>26624918
this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnIhzaDTd0

enjoy, ive been listening to this song non-stop

I sleep in late, another day. Oh what a wonder, oh what a waste.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1024
>>26626416
I'm not low IQ enough for that unfortunately
>>
>>26626453
i respect your position, but it sounds like you need a little bit more descartes in your life.
>>
>>26626416
I was born and raised Christian, i still believe alot of it.

I am fully nihilist, without being a faggot and telling everybody about it.

I think nihilism is a good way to justify your decisions in life. Try and make good choices, but if you fuck up 'it doesn't matter because life is meaningless.'
>>
>>26625122
It really depends on what you mean by "meaning," or rather, "meaningful." Your actual problem seems to be that you don't have an answer to this question, so you're in a situation of, "there's this thing that's supposed to be important but I can't nail it down, and because of that it's impossible to hang anything else on it." So tell me OP, what do you think it would look like for something to be meaningful?
>>
>>26626577
Mmm, i did do some descartes at high school, what i remember is he started great, up until cogito ergo sum, which is one of the conclusions i liked the most in my little philosophic experience, but then went absolutely crazy making logic jumps which seemed retarded. Do you really think i got him wrong and should go check him out again?
>>
>>26626681
i was really convinced by cogito ergo sum myself, which is why i though it might be good for you, because, at least to me, it seems like an absolute truth. if you have the time rereading could change your mind a bit, but maybe we're just different people with different outlooks
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.