[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does r9k hate driving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13
File: 1455969664127.jpg (36 KB, 316x224) Image search: [Google]
1455969664127.jpg
36 KB, 316x224
Why does r9k hate driving?
>>
>>26621343
It's a surprisingly social, and stressful activity considering you can do it alone. Driving on empty roads is fun. Driving in the city or a crowded highway is awful.
>>
>>26621343
tbqh here m8, I don't hate driving. I hate that they charge horrendous amounts of money so you can access this 'essential' part of life.
And apart from that, public transportation is quite good and cheap in developed countries and there is literally no reason why one shouldn't use it.
>>
>>26621381
>there is literally no reason why one shouldn't use it.

Because I don't want to be crammed next to people and smell BO

And girls won't even take you seriously if you don't own a car.
>>
Too many people suck at it. It's dangerous. I hate being on the road at all. At least buses are relatively safe, except from bridges and firetrucks and shit. You can die at literally any second just because some Chad or Stacy had to send a snap at the wrong moment.
>>
My autism occasionally means I make bad driving decisions.
I may well cause an accident at some point.
>>
>expensive
>constant financial burden even if you barely use it
>don't have anywhere to drive
>the way people drive in traffic seems very complicated, I feel like I'd fuck up, too many things to worry about

50% cost 50% anxiety is what keeps me away from getting a license and driving.

I don't think it's essential to getting a GF because my brothers friend is like 30 and still doesn't have his licence and had a petite qt GF.
>>
>>26621474
>And girls won't even take you seriously if you don't own a car.
Good that you get your validation from the females around you.
Live a life that you are comfortable with. Get a car. Or don't. I don't fucking care. The only thing I'm saying is that if having and driving a car is so essential to life itself, then why are people allowed to charge for driving lessons altough education should be free in our society.
And also you don't have to fucking concentrate on the street all the time if you use public transport. I think right after watching TV, driving a car is the most useless activity one can perform. If you are going by train you can at least work on your laptop. In a car you have to concentrate to get form A to B.
>Captcha was selecting cars
>>
I love driving alone listening to my feel music. It is kind of a relief to me.
>>
Elliot loved driving, don't you guys want to be more like him?
>>
Driving is awesome. I have a license but no car. :(
>>
>>26621546
>because my brothers friend is like 30 and still doesn't have his licence and had a petite qt GF.

Has, not had. They've been together for like 2 years now aswell.
>>
>>26621571
I highly doubt Elliot would have bothered driving his dad didnt buy him an expensive car.
>>
>>26621604
His mom was the one who bought the car. Did you even read his manifesto?
>>
>>26621566
Sounds like youve only ever driven an old Toyota corolla

Try driving something fun and I guarantee your opinion of driving would change.
>>
>>26621640
I've been in nice cars.
Doesn't change the fact that you spent a noteable part of your life getting from A to B regardless of which method you use.
Might as well use public transport and read a book or do some work or whatever. Be productive, you know. Especially in cities.
Of course, if you live in the fucking backwoods and need a 20 minute ride to the next supermarket, you'll have a hard time and I think that's the main reason why I will conform to the social pressure and get a license sooner or later.
>>
>>26621689
Alright, whatever suits you. For me, driving is a fun activity and a nice time of the day to escape things like the phone, internet, people, etc. It's like going for a walk in a way. And it's the only time of day I have free to listen to talk radio.

You sound like my sister, she just sees driving as point A to B. Are you a femanon?
>>
I want to drive but I don't have enough money for lessons. Can I just buy a shitty car and have it parked somewhere desolate and learn on my own? It doesn't seem difficult.
>>
>>26621474
This. Since I can't park at work with my car I'm forced to use public transport again. It's the worst way to commute, with all those pissed off wagecucks, it really feels degrading
>>
>>26621736
Nope, and gender shouldn't really matter.
If your life is stressy and you take driving as a way of relaxing, go for it. I'm all for you.
And yeah, speed can be fun, I won't deny that. But I really see it for its functional part and for that, it is a waste of money in my opinion. Public transport is cheaper and more effective, even in structurally less developed parts of my country.(Germany)
>>
>>26621762
Most high schools have drivers ed, did you not go to HS?
>>
>>26621811
>Public transport is cheaper and more effective, even in structurally less developed parts of my country.(Germany)

That makes sense, I assumed you were American.

Unless you live downtown in a city here, public transit sucks ass and driving is preferential. And gas is cheap as shit here right now, too. A gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas.
>>
>>26621819
>Most high schools have drivers ed, did you not go to HS?
Not where I live, at all. And no, I didn't, anyway.
>>
File: manyMoods08.jpg (24 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
manyMoods08.jpg
24 KB, 296x300
>>26621343
Poppy cock, I LOVE the shit outta driving. I have a jollopy lookn ass whip, but fuck, to
hear and feel myself picking up momemtum in this vessel known as a vehicle, gets me off and calms me down. I'd purse driving as a career if my roots weren't deep in the loop of life :/
but you never know.
>>
>>26621881
fuck forgot the "u" in pursue lol
>>
>>26621848
Makes sense.
As I see it right now, driving is just a pothole (pun intended) of costs.
You got:
>Driving school
>Buying the car
>Paying insurance
>Paying gas
>Have money for the eventual fuck-up

With public transport it's just:
>Buy a ticket

Depending in specifics, i deem public transport to be many times cheaper than having a car.
But yeah, whatever and to each his own.
>>
>>26621959
Nowadays, in my state
you can do the class for about 40 bucks online or in person, going to an actual school are for the parents that are lazy to teach their offspring, and have loads of money to blow on the scam.
To do the driving portion AND pass is about 26 dollars lol
>>
>>26621604
>>26621631

base bmw 3 series
>expensive car

top fucking kek
>>
File: 1329403126.jpg (59 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
1329403126.jpg
59 KB, 683x384
because people on r9k can't afford anything better than 10 year old honda civics
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-20+at+04.31.13).jpg (189 KB, 532x718) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-20+at+04.31.13).jpg
189 KB, 532x718
>>26621343
I don't hate driving, but I hate that car because of bad memories. There's also one permanently parked right outside my home and I have to walk past it every day. It has caused me a lot of grief.
>>
>>26622018
Then I would do it on the fly as well.
Here, you have to pay between 1.5k and 2k unitl you get your license (taken from http://www.fuehrerschein.info/Was_kostet_der_F%C3%BChrerschein_insgesamt%3F )
So yeah, education is free here but not the education needed to drive cars. I'm starting to wonder why there are no state-driving-school.
>>
Driving is amazing. Going fast, being independent and listening to loud music. It's like playing racing games IRL.
>>
>>26622034
I bought one specifically because it's Elliot's car.
Same model and color.
>>
>>26621343
I don't. Driving is comfy and a billion times better than public transportation.
>>
I'd be willing to get my license but no car. In case I have to drive for someone somewhere but otherwise I'll stick to my electric bike. Doesn't need expensive car insurance or a permit to even use.
>>
Driving is great. Asides from the usefulness of it, getting from a to b etc, it's nice just to go for a drive on a day off to a different city and go shopping etc without fucking around with trains or coaches.

Only bad thing is the amount of utter fucktards there are on the roads. I swear some of them have a deathwish.
>>
>>26621474

This doesn't matter if you live in a city where everyone else doesn't own a car.

I just moved to NYC. I don't own a car. I live in a room the size of a box. And so do many other people.
>>
Because of all the normalfags on the road
>>
>>26621343
I don't know, I love it. It is probably the only normie tier hobby I have. too bad I don't have enough money to buy my own car so I have to drive fathers "economic" car that has around 60 micepower engine.
>>
>>26622192

top fucking keke, all the ibanking friends I have have their porsches/audis in garages, you definitely need a car for "Status" even if you live in NYC, it just means you need to make 200k+ to afford the 500/month garage costs.
>>
Because I had a shitty instructor once who gave me loads of anxiety around driving. I have a license but no car.
>>
>>26621762
The lessons aren't really to teach you, they're another step in the process

First you pass the written exam (fuck you pay me)
Then you have to drive for 6 hours with a driving school (fuck you pay me)
Then wait 6 months before getting your probationary license
Go to dmv/mvd to wait in line for 10 hours and give them everything about your life so you can get a probationary license (fuck you pay me)
Wait another year before getting your regular license
Go to the dmv again to waste your time again and get your final (until the next one expires) license (fuck you pay me)

There is an alternative to this route because you do not need a license to travel in your car but this will undoubtedly require you to go to court

Also, this is all without doing the other bullshit that requires owning a car and registering a vehicle
>>
>>26622111

how much do you spend serving it?
>>
>>26622323

why not just get your dad to teach you at a empty parking lot on the weekends and over the course of a couple of months like a normal person?
>>
Can't afford to drive a car and I suck at driving.
>>
>>26622443
Not everyone has that option you spoiled brat.
>>
>>26621343
I do like driving but I don't have a car. Also it's not like I go outside that much anyway.
>>
>>26621343
I love driving.

>playing my favorite music
>makes me look productive
>girls like my car
>get to race against others
>hectic skidz and other solo fun

It's super-comfy.
>>
>>26622443
Because you have to go through the steps to legally drive your car
You can do it illegally and drive a parent's car that works too
>>
>>26622061
>tfw 12 year old Hyundai
fugg

also driving is the only way to travel with some kind of barrier between you and the normies.
>>
>>26621343

Because it occupies me too much, I much rather have someone else drive me to places so that I can focus on something interesting.
>>
File: 8663787896292889819.jpg (26 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
8663787896292889819.jpg
26 KB, 400x504
>>26621343
Jokes on you OP, I can't drive
>>
Motorists are middle-aged formless blobs with tiny dicks who are consistently a Facebook update away from cutting down a family of five at a red light.
>>
File: tumblr_n7n9hnPsYv1rb06tgo3_500.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7n9hnPsYv1rb06tgo3_500.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>26621474
oh noo, i guess suicide is my only option
>>
>>26622948
are you a son of Elliott Rodgers and Jonny Greenwood?
>>
>>26621343
Driving in the city where I live fucking sucks balls

everyone is an absolute moron and is out to kill you with a steel and plastic weapon a thousand kilograms heavy

I only like driving in comfy countryside roads
>>
File: 1455695984016.png (148 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
1455695984016.png
148 KB, 500x656
>>26621474
wouldnt mind showing that blonde girl my dick desu
>>
File: 1424340971280.jpg (8 KB, 208x147) Image search: [Google]
1424340971280.jpg
8 KB, 208x147
>>26623445
>he doesn't ride a bike instead of driving a car
>>
File: 800px-Audi_Quattro_vl_black.jpg (83 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
800px-Audi_Quattro_vl_black.jpg
83 KB, 800x448
>Going to get my provisional licence soon
>tfw there's no neon-tinted cities anywhere in my country
>Even if I manage to buy my carfu (Audi Quattro) and have a full cassette of 80's pop, I can't pretend I'm in Miami.

Regular city lights can substitute, r-right lads?

Help
>>
I don't like it because I don't like going anywhere that much. Also, it makes making up excuses for why I can't hang around with people so much harder.
>>
Just got a license here.

What are some nice places to drive alone lads?
>>
I don't like driving in heavy traffic. It fucks with my anxiety.

Also last night I hit black ice and slid into the ditch. Luckily a guy right next to me also went into the ditch so i got tow for a lot cheaper than usual off the paper.
>>
>>26624864
man, that audi is if fucking sexy.
>>
File: photo (26).jpg (738 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
photo (26).jpg
738 KB, 1012x1500
There is no better robot activity than road trip driving solo.

>basically get to see the world from your bedroom on wheels
>still get access to internet because you can turn your phone into a wifi hotspot
>charge phone in car
>eat nothing but fast food so you don't have to leave car
>fast food people don't care about you just want you gone so it's good for autists
>driving alone at night on empty roads
>finding rest stops so you can sleep in your car
>get to sperg out and get pulled in when you deal with border guards
>visit cool beaches
>sense of accomplishment when you finally make it somewhere
>makes you appreciate home more
>get to people watch strange normies from weird areas
>>
>>26621343

nahh i like driving, and i drive a twingo !
>>
How the fuck is anyone supposed to get a grillfriend without a car?
>>
>>26621343
I hate driving during the day, but sometimes I'll take my little 1.2 to the industrial estate near me at 2 am and drive like a looney for a bit.

Pretty fun tbphwy
>>
File: 1440502732294.jpg (30 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1440502732294.jpg
30 KB, 396x385
>tfw dont have drivers license yet
getting it as soon as possible. instead, now im playing need for speed and euro truck sim
>>
The more you drive, the dumber you get. You don't have time to think are are constantly worried and on edge compared to being a passenger or on a bus.
>>
File: 34.gif (1010 KB, 500x196) Image search: [Google]
34.gif
1010 KB, 500x196
>>26621343
>Why does r9k hate driving?

But I love driving- who hates driving? That's like saying you love freedom.
>>
>>26629063
*hate

spellchox
>>
I actually love driving.
Whenever I'm real upset I go for a drive.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.