[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I have anger issues Who the fuck came up with this bullshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 678544675358.png (202 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
678544675358.png
202 KB, 600x700
>I have anger issues

Who the fuck came up with this bullshit?
Anger issues? Seriously?

What is the issue, exactly? That you get angry? Everyone gets angry. And if you do something stupid, its not because a stupid made up mental disorder made you do it. You're just a dumb peace of shit.

I feel like the "anger issues" excuse is just used by idiots who bash their wives or chase away all their friends, and since everyone needs to feel like a victim these days, they need to blame something other than yourselves.

How hard is it to not bash your partner?

I look down on alcoholics. But I can sort of understand that there is a chemical addiction involved. I similarly look down on fatties. That's less excusable.

But out of all the dumb, special little victim, bullshit excuses I've heard, "anger issues" is the most bullshit.

I'm not going to let any shithead tell me that I'm being "insensitive", or judgmental. I'm not the crazy one here
>>
you're right. "anger issues" is a label made up by a feminized society to demonize masculine behavior.
>>
You sound a little mad
>>
>>26617521
Sounds like you have anger issues
>>
>>26617643

You're right. I do have anger issues.

I get angry, and that's an issue.
If that anger makes scream at a service worker and causes all my friends to stop hanging out with me, I think "wow. I guess I was being a piece of shit. Better nto do that again"

Not, "oh woe is me. Why am I afflicted with this terrible disease of the mind. Oh, take pity on me. There is nothing to be learned except that I'm a little victim"
>>
You're supposed to be angry to the minimal extent necessary to take action. You get a little angry with yourself for getting pulled over so you drive a bit slower. You get really angry at the dick who insulted your mother so you beat the shit out of him.

If you go on a rant when someone tells you you have anger issues, then you are responding with a disproportionate amount of anger and therefore you have anger issues.
>>
>>26617540
>>26617835

I think you misunderstand.

I'm not talking about people labeling other people as having "anger issues"

I'm talking about people labeling THEMSELVES as having anger issues.

That's what is most offensive to me.

I've had people tell me that they struggle with "anger issues" as if it would make me feel sorry them.

No, you dumb meathead. Stop trying to take the blame off yourself.

Too many people are using labels like these because everyone needs to be a victim
>>
File: fryfrog.png (523 KB, 714x679) Image search: [Google]
fryfrog.png
523 KB, 714x679
>>26617521
People don't like taking responsibility for their actions. Murderers say "I lost control" rather than "I killed him because I felt like it at the time."
>>
>>26617521
I think its not so much an anger issue as it is an anger management issue, You can get really made, but you need to be able to calm yourself down instead of running around like a shitstorm tornado - which ive done and I usually just end up hurting myself along with breaking things which I regret quickly after no matter how good it felt in the moment
>>
>>26618102

I get that.
But I feel like nowadays, people are more likely to have this victim thinking than in the past
>>
>>26618429
I definitely agree, senpai. I know you probably won't be interested because it's kind of long, but I read a pretty good book that talks about this subject a lot, called "Life at the Bottom."

Here's a chapter online about men who "can't help" but beat their wives/gfs

http://www.city-journal.org/html/7_3_oh_to_be.html
>>
There's no free will, OP.

If someone has "anger issues" what they're saying is that something's wrong with them and they're aware of the problem.

They are literally ADMITTING that they are flawed. And yet this isn't enough for free willies.

They want you to not only admit that you're flawed, but admit that you're flawed in a way that a little magical delusion called "free will" could fix, but you're so flawed that you choose not to make use of this incredible magic that's sitting there waiting for you.

God free willies disgust me.
>>
>>26617790

>If that anger makes scream at a service worker and causes all my friends to stop hanging out with me, I think "wow. I guess I was being a piece of shit. Better nto do that again"

Why would you choose to be that way out of your own free will? it defies reason.

A rational person wouldn't choose to bet hat way. Only an irrational person would choose to be that way.

Irrational people can't just make the rational choice to stop being irrational, because irrational people are incapable of making rational choices. If they weren't, they wouldn't be irrational.

Your behavior comes from chemical reactions in your brain. If someone's being an asshole there's a structural or chemical cause of it (and your experiences, both past and present, cause chemical reactions in your brain--that's how you have emotions).
>>
>>26618445

> I know you probably won't be interested because it's kind of long, but I read a pretty good book that talks about this subject a lot, called "Life at the Bottom."

Oh no. I'm fascinated by all that.
I think the article focuses more on battered women, but its really the same thing. Victimhood isn't productive. And trying to stop all "victim-blaming" is destructive in the end.
>>
Very legit OP. People who have "anger issues" are just pieces of shit. If you have anger issues take something to calm you down you mong.
>>
>>26618651

>People who have "anger issues" are just pieces of shit.

Are people who have schizophrenia pieces of shit too? Or is that different?

>If you have anger issues take something to calm you down you mong.

Drugs can often make anger issues worse, long-term.

Marijuana usually helps calm anger a lot but if its abruptly discontinued or if the person just isn't compatible with it it can make it worse.
>>
>>26618625

What is an irrational person?
Everyone can reason. Everyone can make decisions.

Yes, people are products of their environment. Are you an angry asshole? Well, I'm part of your environment, and I'm telling you to stop being an asshole. As long as everyone starts denouncing this dumb victim culture we live in, maybe we can influence enough people to stop being shitty.

>>26618585

You can't just take a concept from philosophy, misinterpretation it and use it as an excuse to be a failure.

>free willies

Are you really going to try and push this?
>>
>>26618722

>What is an irrational person?

Someone who's incapable of making prudent decisions.

>Everyone can reason.

Including children, schizophrenics, and people with anger issues?

>Everyone can make decisions.

Some people can't make good ones.

>You can't just take a concept from philosophy, misinterpretation it and use it as an excuse to be a failure.

It's not an excuse to be a failure. It's a rational reason to not shit all over people who are flawed, know they're flawed, and admit it and yet still get shame for it because "NO VICTIM MENTALITY".

It's not about being a victim. It's about admitting there's a problem, which is the first step to solving a problem.
>>
>>26618769

Also, who WANTS to be a failure?

Is being a failure fun? Does it feel like waves of pleasure all over in every inch of your body?

No. It feels like shit.

When someone feels like a failure and says the cause of their failure is their anger issues, they might be right.

Then you'll come along and be like IT'S NOT YOUR ANGER ISSUES. IT'S YOU.

What are someone's "issues" other than a part of who they are? The fact that people can even be so critical of themselves that they realize that they're not perfect (which is what they do when they admit to having anger issues, which is admitting to being flawed) is amazing.
>>
>>26618769

>It's about admitting there's a problem, which is the first step to solving a problem.

Oh, I'm not talking about that.
I'm talking about people who do all that, and then don't change.

And I suspect the reason for that is that they found something outside their control to blame and now they have no drive to change
>>
>>26617521
> I look down on alcoholics. But I can sort of understand that there is a chemical addiction involved. I similarly look down on fatties. That's less excusable.

Have you heard of Social Dominance Orientation? It's a new disorder that explains why you're such a judgemental prick.
>>
>>26618804

>I'm talking about people who do all that, and then don't change.

Something must have caused them to not change. At least on a macroscopic scale, things don't happen without causes, right?

>And I suspect the reason for that is that they found something outside their control to blame and now they have no drive to change

Why would someone want to wallow in failure and misery if they truly felt like there was a better path?

Failure feels really bad.
>>
>>26618804
> Oh, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about people who do all that, and then don't change.

Then maybe you should make that shit clear instead of just shitting all over everyone equally, regardless of their intent.
>>
>4channers denying you can have an unhealthy excess of anger

I guess this really is the most beta board, getting mad all the time would probably be an improvement to the woe is me I'm so inferior shit
>>
>>26618838

I'm making it clear that almost everyone who identifies as having "anger issues" are the kind of people who act like victims
>>
>>26618972

>I'm making it clear that almost everyone who identifies as having "anger issues" are the kind of people who act like victims

Do you have any proof other than anecdotes?
>>
>>26618972
"Acting like a victim" isn't a good thing, no, but neither is being arrogant and judgmental. It's clear from your posts that you seethe with anger yourself, and this may be a healthier way to deal with than wife-beating but it's still down there in the shit with the alcoholics and the fatties, man. Get your shit together.
>>
>>26617521
only stupid people have "anger issues" prove me wrong

if you can't be mature and contol your emotions how are you different from a child or animal?
>>
File: 1445365402285.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445365402285.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>mfw I rage out and shove and hit my gf and throw shit at her and even stabbed her with a fork once and she always acts like its her fault
>>
>>26617521
Psychopaths don't have anything to regulate anger or impulses. They can stay angry for years, mwanwhile most people cool down a few minutes after.
>>
>>26618625
If you're having a really bad day (mostly from things that are not within an arm's reach or from things which you have no control over), then you might explode at whatever drives you over the edge.

That's how you end up on youtube on videos like "Man nearly trips on small stone, proceeds to break park".

You don't have anger issues. It's just a really shitty circumstance that you got yourself in, which you should try to fix as soon as possible so that you have less shit on your plate.

But even then, it's inexcusable that you did what you did. It doesn't matter what your circumstances are nor what drove you over the edge, YOU did this. You need to take responsibility for it. That's the end of it. You don't get a free pass when you're drunk, so you don't get a free pass when you have "anger issues" either.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.