[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw mid-20s and still scared of driving I've had the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: nDj7hN7.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
nDj7hN7.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>tfw mid-20s and still scared of driving

I've had the excuse that I can't afford a car for the longest time, but my dad got an inheritance and bought me a cheap car. I like the car and I've been practicing a bit in the neighborhood, but I'm afraid to drive on main streets. I have anxiety issues and it stresses me the fuck out.
Any advice? I want to take my driver's exam soon. Being able to drive for the first time is going to change my life, but I'm having trouble doing it.
>>
>>26614260
I knew this feel when I was first learning to drive. I really disliked it and felt like I was in danger. Just keep on practicing in your neighborhood and slowly branch out. Before you know it, it will come naturally and the anxiety will subside. Be happy! Being able to drive will change your life for the better big time.
>>
>>26614260
I'm 23 and won't drive again until 24
My license got suspended
>>
i fucking love driving fast. it's the only fun i have.
>>
>>26614260

Auto or manual?
>>
File: 67657.png (54 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
67657.png
54 KB, 500x513
Have family friend who is 22, lifts weights everyday, has hundreds of friends, and fucking a Serbian girlfriend.

Doesn't even have his license or wants it.
>>
>>26614260
I hate to say it, but you're probably too old for driving to ever become second nature to you like it is for most people.
>>
>>26614260
Don't be scared anon. Keep your wits about you, and remember that you're protected by like half a dozen balloons and safety features, so you -shouldn't- die in a crash. It'll be painful, but it shouldn't be death.

And if you pay attention, then you'll avoid your own negligence caused issues. If you drive defensively, and believe that everyone on the road is out their to kill you(a must if driving a motorcycle), then you'll be alright.
>>
>>26614260
Don't feel too bad. I'm 28 and still don't have my license. I've had a learner's permit three times, but was always too anxious to practice or take the road test. So you're still not as much of a loser as me. But don't keep putting it off because it only gets more difficult with time.
>>
I got my license when I was 24 but never kept driving. I really should practice at night when hardly anyone is around to get used to being able to gauge distance, but I keep thinking about being in a 4000 lb death machine that could smash someone's mom or dad into pieces if I do something as innocent as sneezing at the wrong time
>>
>>26614260
>tfw 20 and just drove 150 some miles yesterday.

git gud
>>
Could be worse op. You could be me who had failed a driving test 4 times
>>
>>26614260
Is that your car in the OP pic? If so
>cheap car
>Subaru Impreza

I feel like that car will be wasted on you. Anyways on to actual advice, just go fucking do it. As you drive you more and more will become more confident. Go out on a nice day, put on your favourite tunes, and hoon around a bit. Don't be afraid to drive like an idiot on occasion, that's what your twenties are all about. You drive an imprezza dude, it's a nice car, stop being a scrub about it and go enjoy it.
>>
You gotta drive to escape them feels.
>>
it's psychological man, if stacey/chad can somehow drive without incident most of the time, then you will be ok.
just say YOLO and go full normie mode when you drive
>>
i have poor motor control skills, i don't think i should be allowed behind the wheel, it'd constitute a danger to myself and others
>>
I don't know what's wrong with me. All my life I was always terrified of driving until at 17 I bought a motorcycle, I have know idea why. I just wanted a motorcycle. I rode it for a couple years. And then I bought a car and got into racing. And it just hit me when I saw this thread that I used to be scared of driving the point of avoiding to drive anywhere with anyone. But something clicked and I started riding motorcycles. The human brain is so fucking weird
>>
>>26615999
Why dont you get a sensible car? I know you're probably in the USA but you guys really don't need to drive pick ups everywhere, a hatchback will still carry your groceries
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.