[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has Pepe lasted so long while other memes like Dolan and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: you will never mousepad.jpg (637 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
you will never mousepad.jpg
637 KB, 2048x1536
How has Pepe lasted so long while other memes like Dolan and rage comics have died?
>>
Normies who think they're funny.
>>
>>26613884
but he is funneh!
>>
>>26613856

It is simple and versatile and can be added to other memes to create a new variation of another meme
>>
because of this place
>>
He is usually a harmless and "cute" character whose sadness resonates with many people. Even normies can't take him out
>>
He hasn't hes been dead for a while now but you people wont accept it. Hes all over Facebook and Twitter litterally every normie knows what it is now. But no you autists keep beating the dead horse.
>>
File: 1406009780402.png (84 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1406009780402.png
84 KB, 420x487
>>26613912
>>26613924

I say these two reasons mostly. I also feel like the only reason Wojak is stillaround is because he's stuck with Pepe in a lot of images.
>>
>>26614046
>it's popular, so it's shit
The Simpsons was popular by its second season, and it still had another six good seasons left.. or seven, depending on who you ask.
>>
>>26613912
The same is true of all the rage comic faces.
>>
i have always wondered;
what does pepe sound like?
what is his family history like?
>>
>>26614046

Pepe might be a normie but he's far from dead. Besides, normies get all of their Pepe images from us.
>>
>>26614076
Its in the nature of memes to be shit once they become popular. How many times do you really want to see the same image over and over every day.
>>
>>26614046
You pretty much gave yourself away as a faggot just now
>The memes in my super secret meme club online are so much danker than your shitty normie memes
>no you can't find funny what find funny, I'm not unique and edgy if you like it as well!!!
>>
>>26614192
Pepe and Wojak are the eternal exceptions. Like you don't see both of them every single post every single day on this website, still not stale
>>
He has mutated plenty though.
>>
>>26614249
>>26614298
Im tired of them on here to though it's not just the fact others find it funny. I used to enjoy them to but after so long of seeing them everyday they just get stale. I don't get how they haven't gotten stale for you all hey but whatever different strokes for different folks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-19-23-37-04-1.jpg (893 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-19-23-37-04-1.jpg
893 KB, 1080x1920
>>26614249

Its a culture thing. Memes aren't funny. They're a way a group exchanges ideas. It's upsetting when outside groups use it. How new are you? It bothers me to see someone use an hero as a noun instead of verb as it does to hear someone say they want to axe a question. Niggers axe questions and arcanines know feels. It's one thing if the out groups used it right but they don't understand the ideas or purpose behind the ideas. It's just funny pictures. They don't even know what a meme is. They think any image with words is a meme, while we may call them image macros.
>>
>>26613856
Pepe has only been in the mainstream for just over a year
>>
File: uncel dolan.png (1 MB, 1426x1270) Image search: [Google]
uncel dolan.png
1 MB, 1426x1270
>>26613856
Dolan is worse than dead. Some total faggot got popular using it in his irrelevant youtube channel name.

It feels shit when you see people incorrectly quoting memes in real life, months after they became popular on 4chan. But pepes are dying out too.
>>
>>26614547
I always thought "become an hero" was funnier than "an hero." I thought this back in 2009 and I still think it.
>>
Pepe is an organic meme whereas Dolan is a manufactured meme.

Pepe became memetic because he's a dumb looking frog from an obscure comicbook, not a shitty Donald duck made to become a meme
>>
>>26614650
These were funny. God, I missed these.
>>
File: PepeWizard.jpg (132 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
PepeWizard.jpg
132 KB, 780x780
>>26613856
Lord Kek has blessed us with the knowledge of the egregore

"Pepe" is no ordinary meme
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.