[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the easiest way to get a boy to abandon his more "childish"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: youth.jpg (237 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
youth.jpg
237 KB, 1280x853
What is the easiest way to get a boy to abandon his more "childish" hobbies? I currently am trying to get my guy (who is 28 by the way) to stop playing with pic related as well as other things and nothing is working.
>>
File: 1435802389696.png (235 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1435802389696.png
235 KB, 600x503
>>26613117
fuck u desu
>>
>>26613117
Oh fuck off
His hobby hurts no one you dumb cunt
But this is obviously b8
>>
>>26613117

How about "Go fuck yourself and let him enjoy things he likes you controlling piece of shit", have you tried that yet?
>>
Good bait

But honestly the fact that women feel this way is part of the reason I don't bother trying
>>
4/10 bait OP, okay job
>>
File: moot.jpg (27 KB, 480x519) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
27 KB, 480x519
>>26613218
>His hobby hurts no one you dumb cunt

It hurts us. He wastes so much money on those things it is not even funny. He shouldn't be buying $100 boxes of cards when he is paying off student debts or saving up to buy a better car. I'm not trying to make him stop having fun, just be a little more responsible.
>>
>>26613117
rip them up, post picture, thanks
>>
>>26613541
I hope you get raped by niggers
>>
>>26613541
>just be a little more responsible.
What's reasonable is shutting the fuck up and letting him have his hobby
>>
>>26613541
Fuuuuuuck....I know this is bait but...
If you want a fucking better car, get one yourself you stupid cunt
If he's not being harassed by creditors let him have his shit
You're a worthless, useless, waste of space and GARUNTEE'D you'd be sucking cock for dollar bills without him
Fuck you
>>
>>26613584
>hobby is collecting pieces of paper
>defending this

Maybe it's time to stop posting
>>
>>26613614
>if I strawmann I'll seem so smart!1!11!
Just fuck off
His hobby is his to choose. If he enjoys it and pays for it then it's none of your fucking business
>>
>>26613651
But when things like debt are looming over your head maybe spending money on paper with different combinations of ink on it isn't the best idea

Unless you are 12 and cannot handle responsibility
>>
>>26613541
It's just like the money that you spend on makeup and clothes. They are unnecessary since you have more than the basics. So let him spend his money on what he wants just like how you spend yours.
>>
Not much effort here but solid bait nonetheless.
Apply yourself and you could be baiting much harder in the future.
>>
>>26613541
Ya clearly all that money could be better spent on you ya? What do you do for fun anyways, other than trying to control your boyfriend? Honestly break up with him if it's that big of an issue otherwise just accept it trying to change someone is a stupid fucking move.
>>
>>26613541
oh fuck off. like all the clothes and needless shit isn't wasting money
>>
I'll post to have a discussion here about this, even if this is bait.

First, I wouldn't consider MTG, of all the TCGs I know, childish. Or any hobby for that matter, even if it's collecting child toys. What makes a hobby "childish" is the way to manage it.

That said, I do agree with considering a hobby "childish" if the person sinks all their money on it. Your hobbies shouldn't be the main drive for using your income, specially if there are things like housing, food, or debts to pay.

In my personal experience, I am an MTG and YGO hobbyist, but I mostly just play with what I can manage to get with the fully disposable income I get once I paid everything else. I don't have the cool competitive Modern decks others have nor a Kozmo or MegaMonarch or PePe deck on YGO, but I'm happy playing with my few friends.

That's my take on it, anyways.
>>
>>26613680
By that same logic you hate books
>>
File: SHFFFPPIIIIIIIIT.png (207 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
SHFFFPPIIIIIIIIT.png
207 KB, 400x400
>>26613541
he aint going to stop desu, your just tortureing him there is literally no point to being a bitch about it your just hurting both him and yourself
>>
>>26613973
I just took a big ol'shit and it was far more edifying than anything you will ever write.

Maybe spend some time lurking /lit/ before posting here kiddo
>>
>>26613117
Don't give up what you enjoy, faggot. Find someone that appreciates you for who you are. And most importantly, puts out reliably.
>>
File: 1384468020851.jpg (69 KB, 740x632) Image search: [Google]
1384468020851.jpg
69 KB, 740x632
>>26613117
This is the way women really think. They want to take anything you may enjoy away from you so all attention can be on them.
>>
keep calling him a manchild and passive-aggressively slamming doors yeah that might work.
>>
>>26613117

I don't know, bait harder?
>>
>>26615624

The best part is they do this then cheat on you once they get it all. A western woman's demands are never ending
>>
>>26613541
Then why didn't you say:
>What is the easiest way to get a boy to be more fiscally responsible?

If wasting money was the real issue then it wouldn't matter if he was collecting pokerman cards, playing with dolls, wine-tasting, buying antique cars, or going sky-diving. They're all wastes of money.

"Childish hobby" is just the rationalization you use to try to make him feel guilty while making yourself feel more justified.
>>
>>26613541
you're a fucking retard

sit down with him and work out a budget.
>>
>>26613117

just have him get another job.
>>
>>26613680
This. I hate when people can't manage their own finances. Just be responsible and save some money.
>>
>>26613680
Also for the record, that Garruk card is like 8 dollars. You can make good money from that game if you are lucky/smart.
>>
>>26613541
>He shouldn't be buying $100 boxes of cards when he is paying off student debts
you're right, he shouldn't. you're "man" is a retarded goy and you need to leave him

people with no money sense or who spend callously and outside their means are fucking idiots and will never accomplish anything because they're too busy blaming "the system" and "the 1%" for their personal problems they created themselves.

This is a HUGE red flag
>>
>>26614886
you can get books for free from the library
>>
File: 1448981897913.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1448981897913.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>26613368
>t. obeast animu neckbeard NEET
>>
He sounds like an immature, irresponsible manchild OP.

Drop him and get with someone who appreciates and values you as a person.

Think of all the gifts he could've spoiled you with instead of those stupid, pointless kids games?
>>
File: 1431366358182.jpg (16 KB, 646x470) Image search: [Google]
1431366358182.jpg
16 KB, 646x470
>>26616561
>talks about blaming the system
>calls some other dude goy
Fucking silly cunt

Let the nigga have his fun not like it fucking matters plus you're just jelly you don't have a hobby

>>26616600
Toasty roastie detected
>>
>>26616502
>that Garruk card is like 8 dollars
>You can make good money
kill yourself you welfare-collector
>>
>>26613117
Why does he only own Jund cards?
>>
this is some solid baiting. Reminds me of the thread about the "girl" who was mad her brother never tries to get a gf and just plays vidya and spends all his money on his gaming rig.
>>
>>26616611
>you're just jelly you don't have a hobby
I can't even tell if this board is actually this retarded all time or if it's a massive set of people only "pretending" to be retarded.

I play guitar, bass guitar, and piano. I read at a rate of a (300 page) novel every two weeks. If you're not retarded (but you are) that equates to about 2 to 3 months for something like War & Peace. I cook and bake. And I also bike around the city to places I haven't been or have been but really enjoyed weekly.

I live way below the poverty line but I'm not in debt and am able to bank at least $200 each month
>>
>>26616651
This isn't bait you stupid nig. I had a gf once. I spent $800 on full-range speakers 1 month into our relationship...ONE MONTH IN...we weren't even bf/gf yet....and she was jealous and pissed about it. Women don't understand that men can spend money on what they want. They think if "Man has a lot of money, he should spend it a lot on me!" Thats not how it works, you dumb cunts. Earn your worth. I ain't gonna spend $800 on anything for a girl unless I've been with her for 3+ years.
>>
>>26616720
except (excluding the car) OP said her boyfriend had student debts to pay off. That shit doesn't just go away
>>
>>26616675
>easiest instruments in existence
>slow reading
>biking
>thinks these are hobbies and not the studia humanitatis of roma
Literal pleb detected.
>>
>>26613117
>I'm trying to kill the joy in my beta boyfriends life
>Help me *R9K*
This bait is no good
>>
>>26616748
So?
I had tuition to pay when I started working, that doesn't mean I was unable to afford to fund my hobbies and interests while paying for it.
Dropping a 100$ every few months on something you enjoy isn't going to financially ruin you.
>>
>>26613117
damn this bait is super effective, thanks for the idea op
>>
>>26613117
This without context is easily obvious bait.

>>26613541
With this context, it's still possibly bait.
But for the sake of argument,
>It hurts us. He wastes so much money on those things it is not even funny.
Are you both living off of his income? If not, how does this actively hurt you unless he needs your money to cover his student debts while he buys those MTG cards with his own money?
If you are, what are you doing to cover your part of the burden? Do you refrain from buying expensive stuff, do you refrain from expecting him to also take you out to dinner and give you gifts while he's also the one covering the monthly expenses of both you guys on his own?
>or saving up to buy a better car.
If your current car is working well enough, it's clear his priority is not that car. Either try to find a way to save up for it yourself, or show by example that you're trying to live with bare minimum to do your part of the saving.
>I'm not trying to make him stop having fun, just be a little more responsible.
If you mean "responsible" in the sense of no longer having "childish" hobbies as you put it, piss off. If you mean more responsible in the financial sense and prioritizing student debts over luxury things (including MTG card as well as fancy shit for you), that sounds reasonable.

How about instead of trying to make him to stop enjoying a hobby, try to communicate with him the situation and voicing you find it important he pays his debts foremost? Simply spending $70 instead of $100 on boxes of cards (per whatever time interval) can help nicely in the long run without him "having to" stop with his hobbies completely. Compromise. To clarify (because surprisingly that's needed for some people), a compromise is a two-way street, it's not just him no longer allowed to have his fun while you have all yours.
>>
>>26616625
>Why does he only own Jund cards?

Because it's some crappy old standard Jund deck as evidenced by the Violent Outburst and Rip-Clan Crasher.
>>
>>26613399
>>26618992
>>26616868
>>26616651
>>26615676
>>26613712
>>26613604

Can't believe so many people fell for this shit. Solid b8 m8
>>
If the money is a problem, introduce him to already used cards, much cheaper and are in almost mint condition. I get Warhammer 40k figurines that way and get them 3x cheaper.
>>
File: 1455023263391.png (645 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
1455023263391.png
645 KB, 830x1262
>>26613117
just die

you stupid fucking cunt
>>
>>26613117
Step 1: Tell him to leave you.
Step 2: He finds someone better.
>>
>>26613117
I have no idea but i can say for sure thats standard Magic is YugiOh tier cancer at this point.
You should do everything you can to break him of this shitty shitty game.
>>
the amount of time you spend on his dick is inversely related to the amount of time he'll spend on 'useless' hobbies.
>>
File: images.png (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 235x215
>>26613541

Thats more reasonable than just trying to belittle him for having a trading card hobby.

Have you simply brought up that his hobby is costing a financial bearing on your relationship, and until things are less tight with money you would like to see him either cut back or stop for awhile? I'm sure hes willing to make the sacrifice, as long as you're not the type of girl who feels the need to control him and his interest.
>>
File: 1455985797914.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1455985797914.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>26613117
>Tfw cant accept other peoples hobbies
Get the fuck off /r9k/
>>
And I thought this was a nice MTG thread until I read it. A shame really.
What did you guys think of OTG?
>>
I'm not defending magic because it's pretty autism, but forcing someone away from their hobby is unhealthy for a relationship. If you really think it impacts finances that much then maybe keep both of your finances to yourselves. If he's providing for you then get the fuck out you have no say in anything You're better off fucking off if you think so poorly of a guy having a money consuming manchild hobby then maybe he'd be better off without you.
>>
every time he plays present your fucking ass and pussy to him

it's that simple

do it often enough where he expects you to just get naked every time he starts playing, and then he'll only be thinking about your pussy and won't want to play
>>
>>26613117
>great sable stag
>(1000*2)+16

It's bait guys.

This is bait, friends.
>>
File: tumblr_nwe5m4YgFC1qewacoo1_540.jpg (149 KB, 540x437) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwe5m4YgFC1qewacoo1_540.jpg
149 KB, 540x437
>>26613117
get over yourself and your preconceptions of differentiation between adulthood and childhood, i.e. the problem is you
>>
>>26624229
everything is bait here
>>
>>26624084
>I'm not defending magic because it's pretty autism

Why? It's a card game. It's no different than card games that normies love like Poker or Uno.
>>
>>26613368
Is this bait?

Yesterday I told my gf that I need her to choose between "having fun" (taking drugs, going to bars, etc.) and me, and she said she would never give that stuff up for me.

But if I break up with her she posts angry threads on r9k saying that I'm a selfish piece of shit who "expects the world" from her and will do nothing to improve myself. The thing I don't understand is that if she thinks I'm such a piece of shit, I have no idea why she gets upset that I don't want to be with her.

But so I feel like I understand OP.
>>
>>26624668
Autism is just a buzzword that means "something I don't like"
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.