[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never read Ulysses for the 1st time again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: odyssesus.jpg (20 KB, 374x478) Image search: [Google]
odyssesus.jpg
20 KB, 374x478
>tfw you will never read Ulysses for the 1st time again
>>
>>26611105
I've never read it.
>>
>start reading last summer
>really enjoy all the references and shit
>come to chapter 3
>tfw I dropped the book
I wish I wasn't a pleb, the book looks really fun.
Maybe I'll give it another shot this summer.
>>
>start reading Ulysses
>read 10% of it
>put it back on my bookshelf
>no temptation to ever start reading it again
>>
>You will never read Also Sprach Zarathustra in the original German
>>
>you will never read books that don't exist
>>
I had a quick look at the online version of this book and was surprised by how easy the first two chapters were, then I found out where Proteus started and skipped ahead to that.
Needless to say, haven't had the courage to attempt this properly yet.
>>
>>26612461
>tfw German and Also Sprach Zarathustra is on your reading list for the summer
>>
>>26611105
>tfw I read it in High School
>tfw I actually am reading the Odyssey now
I read it before the Odyssey but still got the core references to the original text.
>>
File: frogposting.jpg (100 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
frogposting.jpg
100 KB, 1000x746
>>26611105
>tfw you will never read the Myth of Sisyphus for the 1st time again
Why even live?
No, really.. why? It's absurd.
>>
>>26612594
The book, at least in English, is very odd. Like it's full of ideas, it fucking drips with them. Every idea Nietzsche EVER had is in this book if you know how to dig for it. But many of these ideas are buried under banal, juvenile garbage.

I think it's because Nietzsche was extremely isolated at this point in his life, like robot with shitjugs tier isolated, and had no outlet for his basic human social impulse, he had no outlet for shitposting so he included it in his work.

It's kind of like that in his aphoristic books too, some of his aphorisms are basically literary shitposting.
>>
Good, this book is garbage
>>
>>26611976
>tfw ineluctable modality of the visible

Seriously, that's probably the most difficult chapter. Start with Book II next time. It's not required to read Ulysses front to back in order.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.